The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Oh i like this new, controversy driven review style.

2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

St. Tesrim's Corona
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    Mass Frenzy is a rare and powerful card. Mass Frenzy on divine armor is rarer still but it comes with a steep cost. You need to play a Shimmering Aura that is a dead card against melee. Giving up armor in the divine armor slot for powerful cards isn't bad but you get a better deal on Mass Frenzy with divine items. For the same minor token, you can get 1 copy with 2 useful cards or 2 copies from some Bleneth items. Heck, you can get a vamp attack and Mass Frenzy, albeit more painfully, at no token cost with Shuddering Relic. The only reason to run St. Tesrim's Corona is if you specifically want a vamp attack and a Mass Frenzy on your divine armor since you can get both separately on other armors. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Although you can use Shimmering Aura much more effectively in singleplayer the same principles apply. Why waste a token for cards in one slot when you can get a better deal from others? St. Tesrim's Corona is very powerful, especially at lower levels, and I would definitely play it even against melee mobs since the AI is much more forgiving than human opponents. At the same time, it simply isn't a good investment. Focus your spending on the chase divine items. Those give you more bang for your buck and good low rarity divine items are much harder to come by than good divine armors. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Savage Plates (E) (minortoken): Mass Frenzy
    Glowing Hide Armor (C), Infused Cloth Armor (C) (minortoken): vamp attack
    The Daily Deal

Scintillating Robes- Shimmering Aura sucks.
    Staff Of Pain- Good way to get a Flash Of Agony farmer going. Staff Of The Misanthrope is better but it costs a pretty penny.
    Zachary's Boots- The poor man's Pergop's Slippers. Weakened Armor is so close to Toughened Hide Strips that I would definitely buy Zachary's Boots instead.

Notable Rares
    Incense Of Roiled Air- One of the best Mass Frenzy items.
    Perfect Ferocity- Dwarven Battle Cry can backfire during dwarf on dwarf violence but if you've got a melee character with a spare major token, Perfect Ferocity is great against armor.
    Superb Evasion- Unmatched team mobility and Free Move makes it useful for navigating difficult terrain. Unlike Dwarven Battle Cry, Elvish Scamper is rarely going to benefit your opponent much. There aren't any elf wizards to chase down and if a warrior or priest uses it to run away from you odds are you are ahead.

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

Nope, I just don't think a "Firestorm deck" should have only Firestorms and nothing else. And you seem to think that cherry jam has only cherries :)

4. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

On a tangent, fresh cherries are SO much better than cherry jam.

5. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

You can stick cherries in peanut butter all you want but don't call it jam. And stay away from my peanut butter you weirdo.

Flaxative likes this.
  6. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Lenora's Prayer Beads
    With step moves and Team Walk becoming less popular conditions are pretty favorable for a damaging terrain control wizard comeback. As far as I can tell this hasn't actually happened yet so cleansing cards should be avoided unless you run Volcano. Cause Fumble will catch people off guard, especially if you aren't running many copies but it isn't something I'd actively be seeking to put into a deck. Being a melee only block and replacing a slot that could be a powerful buff card instead makes it hard to justify running. Would not purchase.

There aren't many modules where cleansing effects are needed and there are plenty of cheaper alternatives. Single use blocks with no card advantage attached are also not particularly useful. The final nail in the coffin is Impenetrable Nimbus solving all the problems Cleansing Ray and Cause Fumble seek to address in one neat little package. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Cleansing Incense (R) (minortoken), Cleansing Diamond (E) (minortoken), Noral's Cleansing Relic (E) (minortoken), Amber Charm (U) (minortoken): Cleansing
    The Daily Deal
    This one was obviously reviewed closer to a round of card changes so the metagame was still being ironed out. Well now it's wrinkle-free and I can confidently say that the world has not been overrun by terrain attachment wizards. Cleanse effects should not be run unless you provide the terrain attachments yourself.

Foley's Footwear- Violent Spin is crazy powerful but it alone is not worth hampering yourself with a Shuffle. I am a much bigger fan of Vinorkin's Boots which also comes with a Jump Back to sweeten the deal.
    Toughness- Don't let this impostor fool you. If you had any notions of getting copies of Toughness you should Shrug It Off.
    Whorl- Powerful as one of the very few ways of getting Arcane Burst but also the most risky to use of the artifact weapons due to the swingy Impetuous Blast. If you want burst attacks without a legendary price tag this is your best choice.

Notable Rares
    Black Token- Impenetrable Nimbus and Savage Curse are two of the most sought out priest cards. You get a very respectable attack in Touch Of Death as the third card though I probably wouldn't care if it were ham sandwich.
    Focused Pyromancy- A staple of burning wizards.
    Mirror Of Melting- A little less armor removal that Akon's Amulet but also a little less dead when you don't particularly need it.
    Rageblood Dagger- One of the best double minor token weapons.
    Rod Of Falling Cinders- Best of the rare Firestorm arcane items.

Accent likes this.
  7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Even if terrain attachments would run rampant, Noral's Cleansing Relic would be better in oh, so many ways. (I'd also prefer Cleansing Diamond)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  8. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Superb Toughness
    Violent Spin is fantastic. The only reason it saw as little play as it did was because of a little card called Team Run. If the nerfing of Team Run goes through I would not be surprised to see a surge in Violent Spins. It is less explosive early on but it's usefulness only goes up as the game progresses. Unfortunately for Superb Toughness, Shrug It Off is a steaming pile. Before, it had niche play for people that were fed up with encumber but now you're more likely to see burning attachments or nothing at all. The cantrip keyword prevents it from being truly useless as you can always use it to regain priority but it just isn't worth it if that's its sole purpose. On the bright side, Shrug it Off counters all those pesky stun cards, aka only Anvil Strike. If you want an extra copy of Violent Spin be on the look out for Ferocity. Wouldn't purchase Superb Toughness.

There are a heck of a lot more encumber and stun effects in the campaign. Shrug it Off gets a lot more use but is it worth a minor token and a card to unlock your character for a turn? Heck no. Save those tokens for stuff that matter and use Apprentice Ferocity or Raging Battler instead. Yes, even for wizards. Even though Blind Rage hurts sometimes the card cycling and the ability to power up other slots more than make up for it. I like dwarf wizard farming like I like my colonoscopies, over quick with a hint of danger. Wouldn't purchase Superb Toughness.

Substitutes
    Charging Boulder (E) (minortoken), Toughness (E) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal
    Team Run is no more and Violent Spin use hasn't gone up. The guaranteed team movement of Team Walk is more important for melee parties and there aren't many great Violent Spin items that don't require a major token. Today's offering being a case in point.

Chadwick's Clogs- Even if Shimmering Aura were remotely playable, Vira's Shoes is pretty much the same item but tokenless.
    Magma Scepter- This is a farming wizard's wet dream.
    Sturdy Mail- Hold out for one of the other double Reliable Mail heavy armors.

Notable Rares
    Black Token- The cards don't fit together particularly well but who cares when they're that good?
    Blood Locket- On the other hand, these cards are made for each other.
    Perfect Command- One of the top reasons to run puny humans. Best on support characters.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  9. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Captain Cedric's Helm
    Among the best token-less helmets. Some people love Officer's Harnesses, others hate them. But still, this is probably one of the most sought after legendaries, letting you sneak an additional Reliable Mail into your deck w/o spending tokens or having to take a handicap card along.

Substitutes: Crusty Helm, Weakling's Helm

Advanced Command - I think most people would likely prefer Bloody Command, but this one is way cheaper and offers tons of mobility.
    Frozen Shield - Expensive + Icy Block is not exactly the most popular block card.
    Scintillating Robes - The Hover and and Energizing Move are very nice, and 1 minor token is a reasonable cost. Not a bad item, but definitely a very niche-y one, I guess.

Notable Rares
    Befuddling Stone - While Maze certainly isn't among the best control spells around, Short Perplexing Ray can be a life-saver. A fairly decent item, if you need some more control spells but have no spare tokens.
    Ironwood Staff Of The Magus - Blocks + mobility makes this a viable option vs warrior teams. And the Nimble Strike can potentially catch most opponents by surprise.
    Weakling's Helm - If you're desperate for a decent token-free helmet but can't afford Captain Cedric's, this is a good alternative.

Pawndawan likes this.
  10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Captain Cedric's Helm
    I used to think of Captain Cedric's Helm as a must buy. It's tokenless, it's got Reliable Mail, it's got no handicaps, what's not to love? Well I haven't used Captain Cedric's Helm in months. Crusty Helm is simply better for the average warrior. Obvious Maneuver is one of the least harmful handicaps available. For one turn your opponent gets to know most of the cards in your hand but that isn't as bad as it seems. Every trait you reveal is another unknown card and the card you draw off of Obvious Maneuver itself remains hidden as well. Obviously, Obvious Maneuver isn't free but I'd gladly reveal around 2 cards for 1 turn and make my warrior's deck size smaller instead of having a low impact Officer's Harness. The half point of armor prevention per attack is not worth a card unless you're running other cards that combo with it like Enchanted Harness or Leadership. Captain Cedric's Helm can be the best helm available when you do have these synergies. Would not purchase otherwise.

Captin Cedric's Helm is better than Crusty Helm in singleplayer since the card draw on Obvious Maneuver gets turned off. However, it isn't 2.4k gold better. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Crusty Helm (R)

Advanced Command- Sprint, Team! is a powerful card but usually only early on. Once you reach the mid game, a Sprint becomes overkill. That said, the potential for early blowouts can make it worth running and Advanced Command is the only non legendary option without a handicap.
    Frozen Shield- Good but not worth the major token.
    Scintillating Robes- Shimmering Aura sucks and the other 2 cards don't make up for it.

Notable Rares
    Ironwood Staff Of The Magus- Blocks on wizards tend to catch people off guard and Ironwood Staff of the Magus is the original blocks on staff staff.
    Trainee Command- One of the few playable tokenless human skills.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    Pawndawan likes this.
  11. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I bought the helm, because I think with the Xander's Mail, all those limitless harnesses are amazing sacrifices when using Savage Curses. (I'm thinking low level SP, with little or no tokens to spare)

12. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Inara's Boots
    Escaping Run is useful as a move that occasionally cycles when you're next to an enemy. I don't like it for support characters or wizards. You don't usually send them near the other team so Escaping Runs end up being Runs or getting discarded. Melee characters that have an incentive to get next to enemies get the most use out of them. That being said, Inara's Boots are near the bottom of the double Escaping Run boot hierarchy. Chain Harness is such a small upgrade from Weakened Armor that I would easily get Lum's Moccasins instead. Would not purchase.

It's a lot easier to draw cards with Escaping Run in singleplayer but it's also a waste of time. I would much rather just use Sticky Slippers. You only need Escaping Runs as movement against ranged characters in which case you'll want better move cards. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Lum's Moccasins (E) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Sharp Shell- Tell Randi to stop peddling garbage so I don't have to say "Shimmering Aura sucks" for the hundredth time.
    St. Olf's Fiery Pike- This is one epic you cannot pass up. It's exceedingly rare to have both powerful attacks and buffs on the same divine weapon and this one only costs minor tokens.
    Whiteglow Flail- Not as powerful as St. Olf's Fiery Pike but it also has a good mix of strong attacks and spells.

Notable Rares
    Yolotli Armor- Not many warriors prioritize armor over attacks but this is the one to do it with.

13. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Hawlic's Glowing Shirt
    Chain Harness is very weak in terms of damage prevention so you need to run armors with triggers to make them worthwhile. Without access to the heavy armor slot, you are limited to Spiked Mail. If dealing 2 damage from getting hit with melee attacks sounds lackluster to you that's because it is. Increasing the odds of triggering slightly does not make it much better. It is best to avoid Chain and Leather Harnesses altogether but if you do end up running them it's even more important to keep the heavy armor slot free for heavy hitters like Barbed Platemail. Would not purchase.

Ditto. I'll just add that the deterrence factor roll boosting Harnesses have on human players is gone singleplayer.

Substitutes
    Quornic's Armor (E)

Cleansing Hide Armor- Cleansing effects are pretty much only wanted in Volcano builds or for beating terrain attachment heavy modules. If that's what you're looking for, being tokenless and drawing cards makes Cleansing Hide Armor one of the best items for Cleanse effects.
    Flaming Sword- Pretty much an over costed Blazing Shortsword.
    Wlakwa's Boots- The Shuffle makes it not a great choice for melee attackers but for everyone else, you get access to two of the strongest movement cards.

Notable Rares
    Burnished Plates- Vamps have trouble against armor and this is one of the few ways to get Frenzy Aura for penetrating attacks.
    Corpselight Charm- It can be hard to spare the major token but in return you get three very strong cards.
    Hexagon Shield- One of the best tokenless shields.

Pawndawan likes this.
  14. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Staff Of Embers
    Staff Of Embers
    Ember Burst is one of the most sought after spells for a burn wizard. It doesn't require line of sight since you only need to be able to see the center square and hits multiple things. There are 3 staves that you should consider for the Ember Burst job. Staff of Embers, Barnum's Staff, and Staff Of A Million Embers. Staff of a Million Embers is obviously the best option if you can afford the extra major token. Barnum's Staff has two less copies of Ember Burst but replaces them with two strong, albeit functionally different, burning cards. Staff of Embers has only one less copy but also has a nearly unplayable Burning Fingers. Pick the two qualities you like best out of the following and you'll know which staff you want: lower token cost, consistent, no weak cards.

All that junk I said up there is still true but keep in mind that token costs heavily restrict the number of modules you'll be able to use items in. So much so that I would downright pass on Staff of a Million Embers for singleplayer. In fact, I would favor Staff of Embers over Barnum's Staff too because single target spells are way less effective when you're outnumbered. I wouldn't personally use Ember Burst over Firestorm but there are a few situations where it is superior. Ember Burst is better than Firestorm in block heavy modules where you can wind up taking way too much self damage or if you're afraid of the self damage in general. If that's the case you have my blessing to purchase Staff of Embers...you big baby.

Substitutes
    None
    The Daily Deal

Draining Dagger- Decent vamp weapon but I'd rather play things like Lifesuck Spear to avoid the Mind Worms.
    Naradoc's Boots- Great boots but you're paying a minor token for the Immovable which I don't think is worth it.
    Vigun's Blessed Blade- Surestrike Blessing is a card that winds up being awful way too often. If they don't have armor or blocks you've wasted a card. If they do have armor or blocks you will still need to deal with them later. It's ok if you've got high damage attacks that will kill opposing characters unimpeded or ways to recoup the lost card like Unnerving Strike.

Notable Rares
    Acrobat's Aegis- Great blocks and a cycling trait.
    Emberfloat Mantle- The poor man's Firehide Robes.
    Superb Evasion- The best team movement around. The symmetry holds it back a bit but it's best used to gang up on opposing characters and only elf warriors see heavy play.

15. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Xlaka's Sacred Bundle
    Xlaka's Sacred Bundle is the best Inspiring Presence item for a non-wizard party. You do need to want the Inspiring Presence since there are better Mass Frenzy items out there. If you can keep your priest from healing the other team Inspiring Presence becomes the best healing spell in the game that sometimes draws cards. As you can imagine, this can be very difficult to beat. Inspiring Presence is high risk high reward but you can minimize the risk through careful positioning or control cards. Would purchase if you're building around Inspiring Presence and don't want Skull Of Savage Iljin for Savage Curses. Would not purchase to stick in a random deck.

It is much harder to avoid healing enemies when you are heavily outnumbered unless you are facing ranged mobs. In those instances, Xlaka's Sacred Bundle becomes quite good but it's hard to play heals over Impenetrable Nimbus when the AI runs right into it. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Jygpin's Healing Ring (E) (minortoken)

Godtouched Spear- Decent but I like Healing Hand Mace more for the damage. If you're looking for Inspiring Presences Knife Of St. Blenko is better.
    Hrillia's Healing Ring- Good healing item.
    Sharp Flames- The only times you should run non-traits on skills are when the skill has a really good card or you can't spare the token. Sharp Flames doesn't fit either description.

Notable Rares
    Spear Of Dancing- Extra blocks for a tanky warrior. Too weak for anything else.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  16. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Gzellin's Boots
    Gzellin's Boots is similar to Wlakwa's Boots in that you get 2 different powerful cards and a third mediocre card. However, while I'd consider running Wlakwa's Boots, Gzellin's Boots is out of the equation. Why? Card power level aside, the major difference between the two lies in the alternatives available. You can't get more than 1 copy of Team Walk on boots. You can get multiples of both Energizing Move and Escaping Run. Both cards are good but you will more than likely want one over the other for any given build. Play more copies of the card you want and you're more likely to get what you want. The powerful items with single copies of great cards make up for lack of consistency with card quality. Energizing Move and Escaping Run are great but not good enough to carry an item by themselves. Would not purchase.

I've said it before the last time Escaping Run boots came up. I don't think they have a place in singleplayer. Energizing Move on the other hand is great for chasing down ranged mobs so I'd lean towards more copies of those if you're having trouble in that area. Or you can just forget about boots and play wizards instead. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Lum's Moccasins (E) (minortoken): Escaping Run
    Japper's Energy Boots (E) (minortoken): Energizing Move

Necalli Charm- Worse than pure vamp items like Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud.
    Pacifist Trickery- Best on support priests that don't attack often anyways. Would be great for strong, beautiful utility card (like Telekinesis) using elf wizards too..if they existed.
    Unbalanced Doloire- Decent tokenless weapon. I prefer Blazing Shortsword though.

Notable Rares
    Frosty Staff- One of the best cold spell staves.
    Infernal Boots- If you can make your opponent discard an attack at end of turn due to Violent Spin you'll have made back the 4 life from Demonic Revenge and then some.
    Superb Evasion- Great team movement that ignores difficult terrain as well. Sometimes you won't be able to use Elvish Scamper effectively against elves but you probably won't need it in those cases.

Pawndawan likes this.
  17. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Mordecai's Staff Of Magma
    A lot of the time you can turn Volcano into a big rangeless Firestorm but obviously it's best when used in a one-sided fashion. The trick is playing in such a way that convinces your opponent that you aren't just passing to get them to waste move cards. Many a Volcano has been sniffed out by the infamous do nothing pass back. In fact, it's such a widely known phenomenon that I will sometimes fake pass with wizards holding mediocre cards that don't even run Volcano to see if my opponent will pass right back out of fear and allow me to craft a better hand. It works best when you can play a normal game of expending your visible move cards to encourage your opponent to do the same. That means running extra team moves, Telekinesis type spells, terrain overlays like Illusory Barrier, and traits like Dimensional Traveler. Priests complement the strategy well with cleanse effects and a few of their own terrain spells like Consecrate Ground. Now on to the bad news. Volcano sucks against highly mobile teams such as step attack warriors. Also, the higher your rating, the more likely your opponent will have a lot of experience playing around Volcanoes. Mordecai's Staff of Magma gives you access to a powerful strategy with huge potential but it's effectiveness is hinged upon what and how your opponents play. I can absolutely recommend it for certain leagues like Roll out the Barrels where you have tons of time to mess around and the rangeless nature of Volcano is invaluable. For top tier play, Volcano is more trouble than it's worth. Would purchase if you want to try the strategy out for yourself. Would not purchase expecting free wins.

Yes, it costs double major tokens so you can only use it in modules level 14 and up. No, that doesn't matter diddly squat. Volcano will single handedly win you games. The most obvious example is the second level of Black Plume Mountain. Lay down a Volcano and those annoying Lightning Idols are dead in two turns, no questions asked. Volcano is so powerful that most of my high level farming parties are built around spamming them. There are a lot of modules where the enemies are too far away for Firestorm or you can't afford to take too much self damage. Highly recommend purchasing.

Substitutes
    Staff Of Blazing Sparks (E) (majortoken)(majortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Giant's Battleaxe- Chops are already on the weak side. Having half downright awful cards does not help out Giant's Battleaxe.
    Staff Of Burning Ice- Most wizards don't want staves with polarized attacks but Staff of Burning Ice has great attacks.
    Stookster's Amulet- Great for Firestorm farming. Control cards are generally terrible in singleplayer but there's nothing better than using Telekinesis to sneak a Firestorm laden wizard to the middle of the map.

Notable Rares
    Mantle Of Instinct- Pricey at a major token but this is as good as it gets for armor on wizards.
    Shuddering Relic- The best handicaps have 2 things in common. They trait cycle and they don't impact your offense. Vulnerable can screw you on the second point if it's attached to an attacker but it's relatively harmless on a Mass Frenzy buff priest that you can keep out of harm's way.

18. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Peon's 200th Review Bonanza
    Absolem's Leather Boots
    Amulet of Blades
    Avakiria's Cup
    Axander's Robes
    Axe of the Titans
    Azgul's Orb
    Barnum's Burning Bauble
    Barnum's Staff
    Beater
    Berian's Locket
    Bewlin's Baffling Bauble
    Bleneth's Frenzy Charm
    Bleneth's Frenzy Medallion
    Bleneth's Skull
    Bloodchopper
    Bloody Stoutness
    Blue Destruction
    Bolg's Club of Evasion
    Boxton's Red Pendant
    Brightblood Glaive
    Brin's Spiked Rod
    Brutal Agility
    Captain Cedric's Helm
    Chalchu's Hammer
    Chartwell's Amulet
    Chartwell's Ring
    Clovidian's Mail
    Clowen's Boots
    Crazy Sal's Halberd
    Cudgel of Wrath
    Czint's Buckler
    Darune's Dagger
    Demigod's Hammer
    Eeygonnic's Shield
    Ekkerg's Amulet
    Elemer's Diadem
    Evasion
    Eye of Wicna
    Fabrian's Shield
    Ferocity
    Forval's Chain
    Garalem's Boots
    General Gideon's Helm
    Glasod's Dark Thighbone
    Gloomthirst
    God's Rage
    Gzellin's Boots
    Hand of Melvelous
    Hand of Wicna
    Hawkwind's Moccasins
    Hawlic's Glowing Shirt
    Hawlic's Handy Axe
    Highbolt Jerkin
    Huetotl's Firebrand
    Igneous Scorchstaff
    Illusion
    Inara's Boots
    Jaguar Spirit Staff
    Jannivol's Shield
    Jornin's Figurine
    Juniper's Boots
    Juniper's Jumper
    Kazmir's Staff
    Kelharin's Clogs
    Kelvim's Buckler
    Kelvin's Chunk of Ice
    Kristoph's Skull
    Knife of St. Blenko
    Lenora's Prayer Beads
    Lewin's Boots
    Lt. Buckwell's Boots
    Mandaeus's Aegis
    Mathilda's Locket
    Mazzaram's Mighty Mattock
    Meztis Wyrmhide Robes
    Miligar's Dragon Tongue
    Mindshrinker
    Mokad's Reeking Skull
    Mokad's Unholy Tome
    Mordecai's Staff of Magma
    Nuncible's Boots
    Og's Boots of Peril
    Oquith's Choking Incense
    Oskar's Pine Shield
    Overheated Staff
    Ozerian's Boots
    Perfect Footwork
    Perfect Stoutness
    Perrio's Kinetic Robes
    Phantom Pain
    Quick Jon's Axe
    Quornic's Battleaxe
    Raging Battler
    Red Flame
    Relic of St. Darqar
    Robes of Avak Seth
    Robes of Foz
    Robes of White Wylla
    Rolf's Reliable Platemail
    Shield of Ultimate Dodging
    Shieldripper
    Skull of Savage Iljin
    Smoag's Bucket of Pitch
    Spear of the Cozqui
    Spear of St. Qaith
    St. Alipp's Hammer
    St. Gwendolyn's Armor
    St. Hongjin's Soulstone
    St. Malaj's Cuirass
    St. Pascal's Torch
    St. Portia's Mail
    St. Qaith's Armor
    St. Sebanna's Armor
    St. Tesrim's Corona
    St. Xarol's Mace
    Staff of a Million Embers
    Staff of Embers
    Staff of the Misanthrope
    Sundersong
    Superb Flexibility
    Superb Toughness
    Suvv's Boots of Escape
    Swiz's Circlet of Elements
    The Lunginator
    Troll's Ire
    Ulrin's Scuttling Socks
    Unholy Nimbus
    Vibrant Pain
    Vinorkin's Cuirass
    Vira's Shimmering Robes
    Wenham's Leather Cap
    White Flame
    Wild Trickery
    Wym's Fiery Bangle
    Xemu's Crown
    Yvette's Buckler
    136/271 Legendary items reviewed

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    Juxtapostion, karadoc, Jarmo and 8 others like this.
  19. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

The Peonys
    Most Anticipated Expansion
    EttSC
    Seriously, it's been months since we were first tantalized with the possibility of new stuff. And all we've had to show for our patience are rumors and some tantalizing morsels of vague information from the evil overlord/stool softener in chief.

Expansion Least Likely to Live Up to Our Hopes and Dreams
    EttSC
    You know what? I'm over it. Delay the release some more why don't you. Wait, I was just kidding. Take my money, please.

That Aint No Saint
    St. Gwendolyn's Armor
    To be perfectly honest, most of the saints have such mediocre items that I couldn't remember what exactly was on them. Well I only needed a quick glance at poor old Gwendolyn's armor to immediately declare the winner. Bad armor, slow heals with drawback, and it even has the worst card I've ever tried to build around in Mind Worm.
    P.S. If anyone asks me to build around Soothing Darkness I will commit hara-kiri.

You've Got Chainmail
    Raging Battler
    This was going to go to the best heavy armor/divine armor/robes from the last 100 reviews but I had to audible after seeing how terrible they all were. Raging Battler has one of the best armors in the game and also happens to be hands down the most widely used legendary. This is obviously a fact I pulled out of my derrière but it sure feels true.

My Cup Runneth Over
    Avakiria's Cup
    Burning wizards kill things frighteningly quickly when unopposed and Avakiria's Cup is one of the best arcane items to help light people on fire with.

An Ember to Remember
    Staff Of A Million Embers
    That plus Staff Of Embers and Barnum's Staff are so close that it can be hard to know which one you want. In multiplayer, burning wizards really don't have that many major token items to take into consideration. You've got Smoag's Bucket Of Pitch, Rantic's Orb Of Inner Flame, whatever your second staff is, and the odd boots or racial skill. None of them are musts so Staff of a Million Embers is the most powerful choice. While Staff of Embers allows you to play Ember Bursts in a wider range of modules in singleplayer, I won't ever cut the sacred Firestorm cow for it.

Peon's Desert Island Item 2
    Crazy Sal's Halberd
    I had a tough time picking between that and Gloomthirst. I love drawing cards and Gloomthirst and Crazy Sal's Halberd draw more cards than any other of their respective weapons so the deciding factor was uniqueness. You can just grab a Mokad's Reeking Skull instead of Gloomthirst for card draw and call it a day. Crazy Sal's Halberd's trait cycling is irreplaceable. No other weapon lets you rip through your warrior's deck quite like it.

I don't think there are any items that I got completely wrong this time around, at least not off the top of my head. I'm always looking to make my reviews better so any suggestions are welcome. I hope they've been helping people out cause I sure didn't link all those items for my health.

20. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Thanks for the list! Time to update my go-to bookmark for checking my RR legendaries. :)