The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Chartwell's Ring
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    Dedicated Firestorm decks haven't seen the light off day since the range 5 limit was introduced. Currently, Firestorm is just a worse Arcane Burst/Ember Burst/Fireball strategy. In order to break the symmetry you need to split your wizard of from the group and put it at risk for getting attacked. You can also load your team up on Reliable Mails and Shimmering Auras. This prevents you from using Savage Curse as a buff lest you wizard goes out in a blaze of glory. The downside of burst is that your opponents can play around it forcing you to go after one character at a time. Firestorm is a little less easy to avoid but the same is true for your own positioning. I'm sure there are others that have tried to resurrect Firestorm with more insight on the build. I myself couldn't make it work even before the nerf so I haven't bothered trying. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Double Firestorm and tokenless to boot? Yes please. It is a little worse than Azgul's Orb when you need to take down a big enemy but a little better when all the mobs are at around the same health and you can use Short Perplexing Ray to remove armor, get into position, or get out of melee attack range. Either way, I wouldn't pass up on Chartwell's Ring. These legendary Firestorm items are crucial for speed farming and are very hard to come by. Highly recommend purchasing.

Substitutes
    none

Lizard Hide Boots
    Penteth's Orb- Firestorm alert.
    St. Olf's Fiery Pike- Highly recommend purchasing if you don't have at least 2 copies. Having two buff priest in the same party ends up putting too much pressure on your third character to deal damage as you'll be light on attacks.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    wavy and Sir Veza like this.
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

that shouldn't be hyperlinked - glitches the link to wiki :p
    (in Shimmering Auras)

peonprop likes this.
  3. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

I'm hovering in the 1550s for several months now with such a build. I did eventually replace Chartwell's Ring with Azgul's Orb though. =)

peonprop likes this.
  4. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

You should post your build in the deckbuilding section. That is quite impressive.

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

6. Accent

Accent Hydra

I don't think I need a second Staff Of Embers, but it's nice to have the option. I just don't see myself going all burst wizard.

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm waiting until after the update. There are some nice things in this batch, but I already have them.

8. Accent

Accent Hydra

9. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Heh, I couldn't check the last one. What a dirty, sneaky, underhanded bugfix. :p

11. Z__Y

Z__Y Kobold

ya i am waiting for raging battler as well.
    together with strongarm, vibrant pain, crazy sal halberd and bleneth skull/medallion

is it useful to use more than 1 darkblood glavie ? even if its a 2 wiz 1 pri team?

Flaxative likes this.
  12. NobleHelium

NobleHelium Kobold

I have used two darkblood glaives before on one priest.

13. Z__Y

Z__Y Kobold

which 3 divine item did u choose to use when u using both darkblood on the same priest?
    glad to have found/bought 2 fiery pike, 1 firebrand, 1 aegis and 1 darkblood in the past 2 weeks but now i suddenly have the problems of too many yellow tokens and the challenge of finding decent/suitable tokenless divine item.

14. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

15. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Technically Flame Jet is a multi-target spell so the distinction between Barnum's and Embers is really about Flame Spit vs. Fingers, which i think pushes the advantage ever so slightly towards Barnum's especially since the mobs aren't too bright when it comes to LoS. But Firestorm is faster in SP.

16. Ector

Ector Hydra

Sundersong 4?!/4?! This is an ultimate armor destroyer. Five Sundering Strikes on one weapon! All the alternatives have maximum 3 copies. While I am sure to see "would not purchase" from Peonprop (as he can rate highly only the items that have already proved their effectiveness), I still dare to recommend buying this if you don't have it yet. Armor cards are permanent, and you might need a way to discard them without devoting your whole build to that. One Sundersong can do the job for you if you encounter an armored metagame. Some leagues have maps where armor is used extensively, so it's good to be prepared. I've bought it already from the weekly store. Don't spend your last coins on it, though, as the current MP metagame isn't heavily armored.

Barreling Club 3/3. As I've said before, there are much better items for two yellow tokens.
    Bec De Corbin 4/4. Polearm Slash is great, but Dodge isn't, and Flimsy Block is just bad. Would not purchase :)
    Ravenna's Incense 4/5. This is actually a great tokenless item for a pri-wiz-wiz SP party. Inspiring Presence is always welcome, even on the low levels. I don't know why I don't have this one yet, but I'm going to purchase it.

My rating shows only the power/cost ratio of the item in the right build (not necessary in yours!) '?' means the need of a special build (or a special map). '!' means the best item for its cost, in its category or essential for the build.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  17. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

18. Sir Valimont

Sir Valimont Orc Soldier

Wow what eloquent posts and so helpful. Great to find community members like these. :) Now I wish I had bought that ring the other day ... ah well.

19. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Sundersong
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    Sundering Strike is a useful card but similar to Unnerving Strike in that it will simply be an 8 damage card a lot of the time. While Sundering Strike has the added benefit of removing Toughness, it also has the potential to whiff if the armor doesn't trigger. It is ok to have a couple copies of Sundering Strike as insurance against Reliable Mail or Enchanted Harness stacking but when you put a bunch together on a double major token weapon it is underpowered for the cost. Go with more cost effective alternatives for armor removal and reserve major tokens for damage or more powerful effects. Alternatively, you can just play high damage or penetrating attacks and buffs to make armor negligible. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Sundersong can be amazing for facing down Blizkenripper who draws armor and Toughness just about every turn. Wyverns can also have nasty armor though they are semi-ranged making Sundering Strikes more difficult to land. Since you need armor to trigger, it is not reliable enough armor removal for just about anything else in the high level modules. If armor is giving you fits bring a wizard packing a few Akon's Amulets. Boiling Armor gets rid of everything no questions asked. Sundersong is unreliable armor removal that lowers your damage output and can only be used in high level modules. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    White Katana (E) (majortoken)(minortoken), Petochl's Sword (E) (majortoken)(majortoken)

Barreling Club- Two words. Bejeweled Shortsword.
    Bec De Corbin
    Ravenna's Incense- Nice tokenless option for Inspiring Presence in leagues where you expect lots of wizards and terrain attachments. Cleansing Presence is dead too often for non-Volcano builds though.

Foz, Jezterscap and raffishtenant like this.
  20. I went ahead and bought it for Blizkenripper alone. (Not the wyverns...I'm all about the wizards against those guys.) Currently I'm using the familiar build of mucho armor removal on my wizard, and it works well, but I'm curious as to whether packing one Sundersong and freeing up my wiz for a bit more direct damage might pay off.

The main thing that concerns me is that Blizzy has a couple solid blocks that can also be taken out with Akon's, but that I'd hate to run into with a Sundering Strike. Hmm.