The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

An interesting item with a realllllllly big feels bad potential: If you already have Flight Aura in hand, the Leaps are basically no better than Walks. And if they WERE Walks, the item would be tokenless. Fun facts.

2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Mazzaram's Mighty Mattock
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    If you want the most copies of Obliterating Chop for a warrior you will need two of these and a Bloodchopper. Is that any good? I don't know, someone should really test it out. For now I'll just say that I believe it is very hard to hit multiple characters with any Chop. If you are next to more than one character and neither moves away odds are you are surrounded or about to receive one heck of a beating. Similar to a lot of multi-target attacks, once the first one lands your opponent can play around future copies. Unlike the rest, the limited range of Chops makes them much easier to play around. Add on 3 low damage vanilla attacks and you've got a very under powered weapon if the Obliterating Chops don't hit for the full 20 damage. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Chops are a lot easier to land against the mindless AI but if there are enough mobs to hit you probably want to use wizards instead. Mazzaram's Mighty Mattock can do work but you can do a decent amount of damage with any number of other weapons that have more copies of smaller Chops. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Nimble Hatchet (C) (majortoken)(minortoken), Simple Axe (U) (majortoken)(minortoken), Warrior's Axe (R) (majortoken)(minortoken), Master's Battleaxe (E) (majortoken)(majortoken)

Bimson's Water Stone- Great option for Flash Flood.
    Cohr's Black Scepter- Whirlwind is unreliable and not a big enough effect.
    Icicle Shield- Solid tokenless shield for those that don't want melee only blocks. Flimsy Block isn't the greatest but there are a surprising number this that it blocks including Telekinesis and Purge.

Notable Rares
    Blackeye Hammer- Decent single token weapon.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  3. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

If a single chop hit 2 target,that is already as good as The Hackmaster. I agree its bad but you make it sound like utter crap.

This do noticeably more damage than any of the substitutes you mentioned, including the more token-expensive Master's Battleaxe

4. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Doing a lot of damage to 1 target is better than splitting it between 2. I realize nothing does 20 anymore but I make Mazzaram's Mighty Mattock sound like crap because I actually think it is crap.

I don't dispute that Mazzaram's Mighty Mattock does the most damage but I still wouldn't pay for it.

5. Foz

Foz Lizardman Priest

I laughed out loud.

6. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

True, but I still think it is only ''bad'', not like some ****s where I don't see any situation at all where they would be useful such as Demigod's Hammer

Me neither. Was just stating some facts that were inaccurate in the review.

7. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Since the wiki doesn't have a category for tokenless items, I ask here. Is Cautious Trickery any good?

8. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

Pawndawan likes this.
  9. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Perfect Stoutness
    Perfect Stoutness is a fine item. Getting blocks on a wizard is rare so you may catch a few people off guard. Most experienced players will double tap dwarf wizards to check for Toughness though. Duck also effectively draws you a card. The problem is that unless they use their best attack right off the bat, a dangerous proposition due to the aforementioned Toughness and Defender's Block, and the block isn't revealed, the card you end up with will be a stinker. Which brings us to the biggest reason why Perfect Stoutness just doesn't cut it. For the same price, that major token can get you Perfect Toughness and Solid Rock. Both offer a great deal of protection while giving you card advantage as well. Would you rather have what is likely the least important attack in your opponent's hand or a random card out of your own deck? I would wager that you'd have better luck with the random card. Not only is it more likely to be higher quality but it's also a card that fits your game plan. Duck does make you into a crappy attack magnet until that block is triggered which can buy you some time. Duck fans also have access to Superb Stoutnesswhich is not only cheaper but also works better on wizards since you can usually dump most of your hand each turn to hold on to Reliable Hide Armor. Would not purchase.

You have access to two of the best defensive dwarf skills at common rarity, Perfect Toughness and Solid Rock, and you want to talk about Perfect Stoutness? They should change Duck to Goose because you are a silly goose if you're considering buying it. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Superb Stoutness (E) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Bloody Bracelet- All fine cards but I like Sarigo's Rod better for the synergy.
    Hutul's Robes- Mystical Drakehide doesn't always discard attachments and the most commonly played ones, burning attachments, are dead to Resistant Hide.
    Pirate's Rapier- Interesting set of cards but only a specialized warrior would want a weapon with such low damage.

Notable Rares
    Diamond Moccasins- Great boots for chasing down ranged characters.
    Mantle Of Instinct- One of the few robes with Reliable Mail and Reflexive Teleport can bail you out if you get cornered. The biggest downside is the major token cost.
    Marmot Boots- Good tokenless option for pure movement.
    Stone Of Shards- The only way to get Reflexive Teleport without spending a token.

Pawndawan likes this.
  10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Ulrin's Scuttling Socks
    There are a few leagues where Fly is helpful or even necessary but for ranked maps it's mostly just a luxury for navigating difficult terrain. Leap only moving you 2 squares doesn't even do that much for difficult terrain more than a single file deep. On top of that, there's basically no reason to use one shot moves like Leap when you can add Fly to all your moves with Flight Aura. You can use it to get behind a character in hopes of landing an unblockable attack but that is using 2 cards to get 1 attack through and only if that character can't turn around with an attack or move. Would not purchase.

There are no modules where Leap would have any use except maybe the last level of Secret of the Elder Mind but that's only if you're using melee characters. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Lizard Hide Boots (E) (minortoken), Winged Track Shoes (U) (majortoken)

Axe Of Evasion- Low damage and magic blocks makes Axe of Evasion a dull boy.
    Cherry Shield- Defender's Block is great but Buckler Of Protection and Defensive Buckler both allow you to avoid running Unreliable Block.
    Dark Chain Shirt- The best tokenless divine armor for armor.

Notable Rares
    Mantle Of Instinct- The major token requirement is rough but you get 3 very solid cards in return.
    True Strike Spear- Anyone else pissed because they always mistake this for St. Olf's Fiery Pike? Not even a palette swap.

11. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

They really should change the boots name into "Ulrin's Leaping Socks"...

12. Grimmace

Grimmace Ogre

Like ive said before,
    in its current state, leap is basically useless,
    i mentioned somewhere previously, that if
    it was move 3 instead of move 2, it might be playable.
    Someone suggested this was 'extreme', how that would be
    the case i will never know, as even if it was move 3 instead
    of 2 it would still barely be used, but 'someone' as opposed
    to no-one might then use this legendary item

j3st3ri likes this.
  13. Accent

Accent Hydra

But then you have the case of Leap being obviously better than Scamper, and a silver card shouldn't be better than a gold card.

14. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

One solution is to get rid of Scamper entirely and replace it with Leap, change Leap into Gold Card (if that's necessary) and raise the movement from 2 to 3.

15. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Well yeah, compared to Nimble Strike (also silver), Leap is nothing, but it's far from being the only card that shouldn't be used in MP so no biggie really.
    But actually, all I care for, Leap and Scamper could BOTH get +1 movement range, why not?

16. Foz

Foz Lizardman Priest

I grab it by accident sometimes when I'm looking for St. Olf's in my collection. Or get happy when I see it in a chest, only to realize it isn't what I thought.

Maybe we could get some, you know, actual fire on the Fiery Pike? Just a thought...

Bluemage and Bandreus like this.
  17. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

yes and then give an actual reason to play elves by giving them their breed cards as the "old" scamper!

18. Accent

Accent Hydra

Aren't there more items with identical skins, though?

19. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

yes there are
    i dont know how you get those two mixed up since one is epic and one is rare

20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok