The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I really haven't had the time to keep up with MP or the meta in the last couple months. But I was meaning that as a joke rather than a serious statement.

Flaxative likes this.
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Bought my 3rd, but still hate wizards :D.

Melancthon likes this.
  3. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Axe Of The Titans
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    There is nothing wrong with replacing attacks with blocks but you need a good reason. Maybe you want your extra blocks for a tanky warrior to draw out attacks or control victory points. Maybe you'd rather have Surging Blocks so you can get up close and personal with wizards instead of impotently waving from a distance with a full grip of attacks. Whatever your reason, the blocks are the most important part of Axe of the Titans. Obliterating Chops are nothing special so you might as well swap them for a pair of Strong Bludgeons for a massively discounted double minor token cost on Bolg's Big Iron Plate. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Don't even think about swapping out attacks. Anything that drags out the level instead of ending it sooner is a big speed farming no no. Requiring two major tokens is another notch in the flashy unnecessary item column. If you're worried about reaching ranged mobs feel free to use any other slot to boost movement capabilities. Heck, use support humans with card like Run, Team! if you need to. With warriors, you just need to find the biggest stick with the largest numbers in the corner and ring in the New Year with a Pulverizing Bludgeon. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Dancer's Dagger (E) (majortoken)(majortoken), Spear Of Dancing (R) (majortoken)(minortoken), Blocking Mace (C) (majortoken)(minortoken)

Hydrogen Staff
    Rapier Of Misfortune
    Sarigo's Wand- The full combo in one neat package. Just be careful not to overload on Path Of Knives and be short on slide effects.

4. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

The Lunginator
    You're saying I can Lunging Bash someone away so I can stare lovingly at a now useless Mighty Hack? Where do I sign up? Bashes are control cards for warriors. However, unlike mixing attacks and control cards on a wizard, you can't continue to attack after pushing the enemy away. If The Lunginator had stabs to take advantage of the bashes I would be all over it. As is, it mashes two strategies that go in opposite directions. Would not purchase.

Bashes have no place in singleplayer. If you want a victory point, kill the mob standing on it and take it. It is way faster than bashing it away multiple turns. If you need to put some distance between you and the enemy then just move away. I promise they will still be there when you come back. Unnerving Strike is also a bit underwhelming. Most of the mobs that can block melee attacks have melee only blocks so avoid all the hassle and bring a wizard instead. All you really want is damage for a warrior, with a Sundering Strike sprinkled here and there for the occasional Toughness or high value armor. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Riptide (E) (majortoken)(minortoken), Basher's Delight (E) (majortoken)(majortoken)

Japper's Energy Boots- The only boots with two copies of the extremely powerful Energizing Move at epic rarity but also by far the worst option.
    Lizard Hide Boots
    Untrained Tactics

5. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

You can't attack after a Lunging Bash unless you have another Lunging Bash. Keeping in mind that I'm currently in love with Lunging Bash (so much so that I'm willing to type it out again), I think it's definitely worth considering, and I'm currently grinding for enough gold to buy my second copy. One of the very rare times I disagree with peonprop.

There comes a time in every young man's life when he turns away from pure damage and wants some tech. This is that time.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Flaxative likes this.
  7. If EttSC shows up with a "Black Hole" terrain attachment, I'm totally in.

8. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

This is the third time that the game's offered me The Lunginator. Is it trying to tell me something?

9. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Is it possible that Daily Deal is random? It has only 1 Legendary and yet it's offer is quite better than my Randi?!

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That's random :)

11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Oh let them have their conspiracy theories Flak! I mean we've already discovered the Loot Fairy, Loot Grinch and Hidden Bandit. It's not like you can hide the truth forever. Clearly there's a twisted Shop Genie going around messing with people, we'll find it eventually!

Drakkan and Bandreus like this.
  12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

The twisted Shop Genie is named Random. Full name: Random Nefarious Genie. As Flax said, that's Random.

Bandreus, Jarmo and Kalin like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Close. We cleverly actually named it "random"—to disguise that we're discussing a proper name :)

14. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Smoag's Bucket Of Pitch
    Previously Reviewed
    I actually picked this up today. Turns out I have too many Flame Jet items.

Armor Of Negation
    Scintillating Robes
    Shield Of The Tumbler- This is a very neat shield. While the actual card advantage from Aegis Of The Defender is better for most builds, Disorienting Block generates virtual card advantage by allowing you to reposition yourself and the attacker to your liking while giving you priority. Backstabs all around! Unless there's a Defender's Block of course. You'd think people would be raging about it in a thread somewhere or something.

15. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Hawkwind Moccasins
    Hawkwind Moccasins is not exciting. Decent movement for being tokenless sure. Escaping Run and Dangerous Maneuver both benefit from moving away from enemies so these are best used on wizards. Of course you could also not move so close in the first place. Being ranged, wizards care less about movement so having boots like Hawkwind Moccasins are unnecessary. Besides, there are plenty of decent tokenless boots, Flanking Move boots like Mouse Boots being a great alternative. Would not purchase.

You only need movement against ranged mobs and you will back them into the map edges eventually. This is a little harder for melee classes but you wouldn't want Hawkwind Moccasins for them anyways. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Marmot Boots (R), Off-Balance Boots (R)

Coruscating Mail
    Cudgel Of Healing Light
    Farzil's Perplexing Horn

16. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

17. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Juniper's Boots
    Brutal Charge a hard card to use. You need a clear path to use it effectively and it is easily telegraphed. The moment I see a melee character with a full hand move away I do a quick check for incoming Charges. Adding a Flanking Move before Brutal Charge sidesteps the need to mask your intentions. However, you've spent 2 cards to do up to 10 damage and you still need a huge runway to pull it off. On top of all that, the types of attacks Flanking Move and Brutal Charge go best with don't overlap. You want ranged or step attacks to get the cantrip benefit of Flanking Move while Brutal Charge favors high damage follow ups after charging in. It is neat when you do pull off the combo but with only one copy of Brutal Charge to work with it won't happen often. If you really want to play with Brutal Charge I would pick up boots with more copies, ideally Boots Of Etzicatl, and try to set up a Charge on a character who has spent their movement cards. The current map rotation is not very Charge friendly though. Would not purchase.

Brutal Charge is a lot easier to pull off and is a great way to get across open maps while dealing unblockable damage. Again, if you really like Brutal Charge you're going to want more copies. Flanking Move loses a lot of it's utility in singleplayer so it's an easy card to ditch. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Diamond Moccasins (R) (minortoken), Tochtli Boots (E) (minortoken)

Clever Mobility
    Lt. Morrison's Helmet
    Mad Eskin's Pin

18. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Perfect Stoutness
    Perfect Stoutness is a fine item. Getting blocks on a wizard is rare so you may catch a few people off guard. Most experienced players will double tap dwarf wizards to check for Toughness though. Duck also effectively draws you a card. The problem is that unless they use their best attack right off the bat, a dangerous proposition due to the aforementioned Toughness and Defender's Block, and the block isn't revealed, the card you end up with will be a stinker. Which brings us to the biggest reason why Perfect Stoutness just doesn't cut it. For the same price, that major token can get you Perfect Toughness and Solid Rock. Both offer a great deal of protection while giving you card advantage as well. Would you rather have what is likely the least important attack in your opponent's hand or a random card out of your own deck? I would wager that you'd have better luck with the random card. Not only is it more likely to be higher quality but it's also a card that fits your game plan. Duck does make you into a crappy attack magnet until that block is triggered which can buy you some time. Duck fans also have access to Superb Stoutness which is not only cheaper but also works better on wizards since you can usually dump most of your hand each turn to hold on to Reliable Hide Armor. Would not purchase.

You have access to two of the best defensive dwarf skills at common rarity, Perfect Toughness and Solid Rock, and you want to talk about Perfect Stoutness? They should change Duck to Goose because you are a silly goose if you're considering buying it. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Superb Stoutness (E) (minortoken)

Advanced Levitation- A must have for a burst wizard.
    Atchocl's Spear
    Frozen Shield

Flaxative likes this.
  19. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

interesting, I dont have those EPICS.. but legendary is the same
    my epics are Backflip Buckler, Shieldpopper and Shimmerwing Robe

20. iruj

iruj Orc Soldier

Same for me.