The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Accent

Accent Hydra

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Scarponi

Let's see...

Dwarf Priest, MF Bot
    2x Sacrificial Axe
    1x Aegis of the Defender (majortoken)
    1x Inspirational Mail (minortoken)
    1x Sticky Slippers (minortoken)
    1x Focused Piety (minortoken)
    1x Raging Rock (minortoken)
    3x Bleneth's Skull (majortoken)(majortoken)(majortoken)

Seems good to me! 9 MF / 20 EDS* => you're probably drawing MF every turn, which is often what you want.

*Effective Deck Size

BlackVoidDeath and Scarponi like this.
  3. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Considering that MF lasts for 2 turns, isn't drawing it every turn pretty bad? You are effectively losing out on one card every 2 turns, which will add up over time. I don't think the reliability of almost always having MF active is worth THAT many wasted card draws.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I usually use the medallions instead of the skull, but it often comes down to which (if any) you have, then which you prefer. Depending upon your preferred play style it could be a very tough choice between the skull and the staff.
    Don't grind away too much sanity over either.

Bandreus likes this.
  5. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

Ok, so what's the trollingest thing they could give us now?

With the change to Team Run I'm guessing it's Kelharin's Clogs. Any takers?

Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Great call on the skull, even if it wasn't immediately next. I won't bet against you on the clogs.

PDXTai likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've found that being able to play MF every turn is simply good. I'm running 11 in ranked right now and it's gotten me pretty high :)
    Sometimes MF is more or less important. My build NEEDS it on. Purge has become more popular, so being able to refresh the MF is great. And you usually want to start each round with MF on, so being able to refresh it the previous turn is great. Playing MF (sometimes triggering Altruism) is also a great 'delaying action' when you want to get your opponent to commit actions without passing.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  8. scoot

scoot Kobold

Now i'm really happy I passed on second savage skull and shield of occasionaly dodging. With this fourth great item in last couple of days (troll's ire) Its pretty hard to buy everything. This makes me wonder is this cummulation a "Christmas gift" or a pure luck? Up to this day I had an impression that items on daily deal are random but now when I tried to find that info in the post in dev diaries I realized ITS simply not there. Do you mind to enlighten us dear Developers? :)

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It's random.

10. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

And, in case you're wondering, yes, somebody in the team goes by the name "random" and his only job is making sure Randi/Daily troll us as hard as humanly possible ;)

the RNG is a *****

Sir Veza, FDrybob, Jarmo and 4 others like this.
  11. scoot

scoot Kobold

Come on have some faith!
    If it's not BM I bet on Mr. Santa.
    He is well known for his hacking skills and sarcastic humor. And quit busy too with other presents - he didn't have time to mess with each Randi individually so he took the Daily deal shortcut to make every one happy . It seems people were not to precise in their letters (to recive all the goodies just for themself in the Randi not in daily deal) and didnt have time to update them after the balance change.
    So I prepare myself to sell all useless warrior's epics/legendaries and convert pizza reserves because a lot of letters to Santa must have contained requests for Strongarms, Blue Destruction etc. - all coming within 10 days if I'm right!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Although, I have to admit, the RNG can be nice too.

For the second time in a row, I've just stumbled on the Bandit (this time @ Diamonds of the Kobolds) upon completing my first post-fairy adventure.

UURE(R) whoops, wrong thread

EDIT: Oh, btw, in the end I bought the Skull. I've been hunting that one for so long... couldn't resist the compulsion

13. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Mandaeus's Aegis
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    Pretty much the same as Fabrian's Shield except that you're trading a spectacular Defender's Block for a mediocre Icy Block. Icy Block lost a lot of its luster when encumber stopped halting movement. Those pesky wizards can still hobble out of reach so it is more useful as a way to slow down attackers. I would still avoid magic and projectile blocks like Catch Arrow. Even with the rise in popularity of wizards you are much more likely to face an all melee team than an all wizard party. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    I still believe buying niche legendary shields is a massive waste of gold for singleplayer given the quality of lower rarity shields. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Bullseye Shield (E), Spellthwart Shield (R), Deflecting Buckler (U) (minortoken), Magnetic Shield (E) (minortoken)

Basher's Delight- Nice weapon for bashes.
    Giant Skeletal Arm
    Lightfoot Robes

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Fifjunior7 likes this.
  14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Yeah, those catch arrow shields need to be paired with items that provide melee defense, cause fumble for example. Then they make a nice unseen protection against control and purge attempts. Icy Block might get some relevance when it comes to pushing off a trait of fully buffed burst wizards or something along those lines, but cost is too high.

15. scoot

scoot Kobold

Thanks for an insight.
    And being searious this time: have you consider making it a 'soft' (in comparison to changing cards and items) tool for affecting the meta?
    For example on settled date once per month (of course only in case you see some problem that can be solved by increasing avibility of a specific and unique item) with an 'prepare gold alert' one week before.
    An MTG example: you don't mind publishing some top card you own (or top card vs your deck) in Modern Masters as much as banning key element of your own deck.

16. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I hocked a bunch of Legendary items and traded in the rest of my pizza to buy a Bleneth's Skull. So far I am still cranky.

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Payback time! Two of today's epics dropped for me an hour before reset. This time, I troll the shop!

CT5, PDXTai and Sir Veza like this.
  18. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Lenora's Prayer Beads
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    With step moves and Team Walk becoming less popular conditions are pretty favorable for a damaging terrain control wizard comeback. As far as I can tell this hasn't actually happened yet so cleansing cards should be avoided unless you run Volcano. Cause Fumble will catch people off guard, especially if you aren't running many copies but it isn't something I'd actively be seeking to put into a deck. Being a melee only block and replacing a slot that could be a powerful buff card instead makes it hard to justify running. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    There aren't many modules where cleansing effects are needed and there are plenty of cheaper alternatives. Single use blocks with no card advantage attached are also not particularly useful. The final nail in the coffin is Impenetrable Nimbus solving all the problems Cleansing Ray and Cause Fumble seek to address in one neat little package. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Cleansing Incense (R) (minortoken), Cleansing Diamond (E) (minortoken), Noral's Cleansing Relic (E) (minortoken), Amber Charm (U) (minortoken): Cleansing

Advanced Command- Best Sprint, Team! skill short of Bloody Command.
    Long-Handled Mace
    Pendant Of Artax

19. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

Really?
    clogs daily deal.png

Really?

Flaxative, Sir Veza, CT5 and 3 others like this.
  20. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

At this rate, you should play the lottery.

Flaxative and PDXTai like this.