The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

IMHO Vulnerable isn't "trait cylcing", it's more like a suicide in such party. I usually place my priest closer to the enemies since he's much better protected; being Vulnerable will kill him in a few turns. As for the Gloomthirst, my priest wears two Skull Of The Savage Iljin and Darkblood Glaive, so only one weapon slot and one item slot can be used for healing. That's why "trait cycling" would be useless for me, and that's why I'm looking for the most powerful healing I can get.

This may be a problem, but my wizards attach only Firestorm on everybody. I am trying to have Savage Curse on, so there is a place for Soothing Darkness unless the mobs would place their own attachments. Anyway, it's better to live 3 turns without the Curse than to die :)

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

Maybe, just Firestarter for the wizards. Not much dangerous.

You probably mean the low-level scenarios, but the Hammer is used only for the high-level ones where you think about survival, not about the time :)
    BTW, I've just tested my new Hammer versus the Gnome Lords, and it worked awesome. I've killed two gnomes with Controlled Overswings, and healed almost dead wizard with Soothing Darkness. Didn't lose a single char at all!

As for the two Skulls: I don't use both my Skulls on the low levels: it's too dangerous (I can kill myself) and not needed. My usual setup for levels 2-7 is one Skull and two Fingerbones.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Sometimes it is about what is your purpose for playing SP. For speed farming there is nothing gained by keeping all characters alive at the cost of time. Most of my speed farming builds expect to be suicidal. I don't care how many of my characters die as long as all the opponents die before my last one. Because of this I rarely bring healing to SP, outside of Inspiring Presence which is worth it because of it's card draw. That said, my wins are not "dominant." I usually eek out a win with very little HP left on 1 or 2 characters at most (the others having already died). If one's desire is to win dominantly, and there are times where that challenge is enjoyable for it's own sake, then a slower approach that avoids certain drawbacks and uses heal-over-time cards is entirely viable. But, to simply get from start, to loot, cards like Soothing Darkness are not necessary and not even the most efficient.

5. Vitos

Vitos Kobold

Why I need to buy some items to farm so hard high lvl dungeons?
    I'm simply take 2war1pr build and kill all no thinking how to hide or survive, and it takes about 6min per dungeon for me.

Sir Veza and FDrybob like this.
  6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Because with good Firestorm farming teams it takes one to two minutes per dungeon at high level and 30 seconds at low level or as fast as you can click.

Sir Veza, Foz and FDrybob like this.
  7. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Is it worth it buying a second Firebrand?

Flaxative likes this.
  8. I figure I'll probably spring for my first but leave it at that...I have a St. Olf's Fiery Pike if I want more of that kind of thing.

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I did, but only because having 2 works particularly well in one of my builds. If I had more Bleneth's Skulls, I probably wouldn't have. (Just how many heads did this Bleneth guy have?)

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Always? Really? Please post builds!

11. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Huetotl's Firebrand
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    This is the divine weapon to have for a Mass Frenzy priest. Three awesome attacks, two copies of the best melee buff, and a Triple Heals thrown in for spice. It is basically an upgraded St. Olf's Fiery Pike so the big question is should I splurge for the deluxe model? Well that really depends on your build. If your major tokens are booked up with powerful items like Bleneth's Skull or Aegis Of The Defender then no. Buff priests generally don't want to get to involved with fighting and having all ranged attacks can be a benefit. This is of course assuming you already have a Mass Frenzy weapon. If you don't pick this up immediately for a huge power boost. Even if you currently have a Mass Frenzy weapon it is pretty common to play 2. No harm in picking up a second one if your tokens allow it. Time to shove that Demigod's Hammer to the back of the closet where it belongs. Highly recommend purchasing.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    All you really want are the two copies of Mass Frenzy so St. Olf's Fiery Pike is the sensible choice given the lower token cost and similar attacks. However, Huetotl's Firebrand is extremely powerful and the Sundering Strike does a fair amount of work against armor and Toughness. I am a sucker for powerful items and while it pains the cheapskate in me I say go ahead and purchase this bad boy.

Substitutes
    St. Olf's Fiery Pike (E) (minortoken)(minortoken)

Barreling Club- Worse than Bejeweled Shortsword.
    Bloody Bracelet- Not bad though I'd rather have Sarigo's Rod or Runestone.
    White Katana- Great mix of mobility and armor removal.

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

Huetotl's Firebrand 5/5? An extremely effective divine weapon with double Mass Frenzy. It's very similar to St. Olf's Fiery Pike, only two cards are different. I'd say that Huetotl's cards are better, but you have to pay more for them: the Pike doesn't require yellow tokens. The choice is up to your goal and your possessions: I'm quite happy with one Pike and two Bleneth's Skulls (eight MF total), you may want more or less (or have more or less Skulls). This weapon is worth buying if you don't have enough Mass Frenzy items.

Barreling Club 3/2. There are weapons dealing more damage for two yellow tokens, there are weapons with better tech, and there are even weapons having both better damage and tech.
    Bloody Bracelet 3/3. All cards are nice, but nothing to write home about. If anybody uses such items, he has generally found them in chests, not bought.
    White Katana 4/3. A very nice weapon with Sundering Strikes and step attacks. I'd buy it if I wouldn't already have two and wouldn't have Sundersong :) Who knows when you might need to sunder some armor?

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Melancthon, Drakkan, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  14. Ector

Ector Hydra

Hawkwind's Moccasins 3/3. There is nothing bad in the tokenless boots with three move cards, especially for the dwarves, but there are much better alternatives. You may prefer boots with some armor or with Flanking Move. "Would not purchase" generally... though the boots may be a life-saver for your dwarven wizard. I mean, buying them isn't stupid if you're sitting on the hoards of gold like Smaug.

Manifold Medic. Crap. You aren't going to waste a token on this.
    Nanahut's Morningstar. 4?/4? If you really want a lot of cleansing cards (i.e. if you're spamming Volcanos), this simple weapon is your choice. There are better alternatives, but this one is nice too.
    Novice Evasion. Crap. There are better skills for a token.

And don't skip the great rares that Kalin has listed above :)

15. Ector

Ector Hydra

The most clever post I've seen here. Yes, I know that some people farm a whole day and care only about the winning, but I have no time for this. Moreover, Cardhunter still bears some kind of RPG for me, and it would be much less interesting to play if it would be only farm.
    I guess it would be great if the adventures provide more than just some commons/uncommons, especially the high-level adventures that really require some luck and effort.

16. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

There Peon, you've got a chance to redeem yourself ;)

peonprop and Sir Veza like this.
  17. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Hawkwind's Moccasins
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    These little booties will get you places. My previous review pegged Hawkwind's Moccasins as wizard/support character boots, but in actuality melee classes benefit most from Dangerous Maneuvers. Ranged characters would rather have Flanking Move boots while melee attackers simply want big movement cards to get next to enemies as soon as possible. When you draw Dangerous Maneuvers in the early parts of a match you'll likely use them to close gaps rather than step next to an enemy character. When you do need to take damage, the piercing damage is preventable with armor. While not the biggest priority item, I believe Hawkwind's Moccasins are the best tokenless boots for warriors. Purchase if you've got spare gold, hold out for more crucial items like weapons if you don't.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Boots are never a good investment for singleplayer. For tokenless long movement boots, Wild Run boots are a good enough substitute. They offer a better deal on movement the first round but get worse later on when your oldest card is likely more important. The slight edge you gain for using Dangerous Maneuvers instead is not worth the legendary cost. If you're having trouble with catching ranged mobs the easiest thing to do it switch to wizards. If that doesn't float your boat try stockpiling movement cards for a turn and rushing in the turn after. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Off-Balance Boots (R), Marmot Boots (R)

Manifold Medic
    Nanahut's Morningstar
    Novice Evasion

FDrybob, Foz and Sir Veza like this.
  18. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

i swear - didnt we get Hawkwind's Moccasins in here a week or 2 ago?

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Confirmed. I use Hawkwind's on my Vibrant Pain dwarves. :)

Foz likes this.
  20. Z__Y

Z__Y Kobold

bought firebrand from daily a few days ago and found my 1st st olf's fiery pike a few hours later..
    worth using/buying the 2nd st olf? using advanced leadership for the last/4th blue token for now.