The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. TeJaQuKiAce

TeJaQuKiAce Kobold

This has to be intentional

PDXTai likes this.
  2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Kelharin's Clogs
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    Officer's Harness combos well with Enchanted Harness as extra armor and with Leadership as discard fodder. Being low mobility, having only a single move card, also makes Kelharin's Clogs a great option for Elven Maneuvers users that want to get to cards like Nimble Strike or Dodge. For anyone else, movement is still king so having low mobility boots will set you back if you need to get close to or away from the enemy. And now we get to the elephant in the room. As far as I can tell Team Walk usage has taken a nose dive. While still decent, Team Walk is no longer a must include powerhouse. This is great news for everyone with massive boot collections that went previously unused but not so great for poor old Randimar. That's what you get for holding out on us before you old codger. There are plenty of other options for Officer's Harness, low mobility boots, and Team Walk if you're still looking for those. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Movement is an afterthought when you play wizards in singleplayer. Ranged mobs will always keep their distance so you only need to make sure your spell ranges are equal or better. Melee mobs will always move closer so you only need to make a slow retreat to avoid attacks. For people that like their slaying up close and personal, movement is still important but Team Walk just doesn't cut it. Team movement cards lose a lot of value in the absence of positioning mind games. You often just want boots with bigger numbers at the bottom to chase down those pesky ranged mobs. Any boots that make you move at dwarf speed, no matter how many characters it affects, are pretty much unusable movement-wise. Pick up a cheaper pair of armored or low mobility boots if that's what you're looking for. I promise you won't miss that Team Walk. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Rhood's Boots (E) (minortoken), Salazar's Sandals (E) (minortoken), Sliding Boots (E) (majortoken), Wlakwa's Boots (E) (majortoken): Team Walk
    Corian's Boots (E), Argo's Boots (E) (minortoken): Officer's Harness
    Bertha's Big Clogs (E), Goat Boots (R), Kerrick's Steel Boots (E) (minortoken), Sticky Slippers (R) (minortoken), Turquoise Boots (R) (minortoken), Black Iron Boots (C) (majortoken): low mobility

Gleaming Glave
    Petochl's Sword- Decent option for armor removal.
    Robes Of The Crab

PDXTai and Stexe like this.
  3. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

PDXTai's Prediction for Probable Purchase Prospects

How could you troll harder than to put in the two items I guessed? By making sure I'm never right again!
    Therefore I'm betting all my chips on Orc Painting!
    Hah! U mad bro?

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Whaat? Is it possible?? What sorcery is this?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    PDXTai likes this.
  5. scoot

scoot Kobold

Mr Santa (aka Mr. Random) always eager for a little prank. He still has a week for real orders :)
    Mr Santa algoritm for tomorrow DD:
    99% Orc painting 1% going with the list. Thats still random right?:)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    PDXTai likes this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This is pretty amazing :)

(p.s. bought the clogs, because cool legendary I didn't yet own)

7. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

Surprise! No Orc Painting. Is Unholy Nimbus the 2nd most common Legendary? I think I've collected over 20 since launch. I bought my first Hrillia's ring today.

PDXTai's Prediction for Probable Purchase Prospects
    Given we got the Nimbus today, I'm guessing the equally plentiful Relic Of St. Darqar tomorrow.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Nope, it's the only level 3 item I'm missing.

And while I'm sure the Relic has dropped more than any other legendary, I suspect there are more Hand Of Melvelouses currently in people's inventories.

9. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Today's deal:

Cintoxtl Mail is the best (of two) divine armours featuring Barbed Plate - incredibly handy for swarming melee levels in SP, where you can sit your guy in the open, preferably with a harness, and let the mobs grind themselves to paste against your armour. Beware anyone with Martyr's Blessing in MP, because they can hit you all day long with the armour's damage triggering their card draw.

Speaking of harnesses, Mathiam's Helm combines one, the game's best movement card and a weak chop attack, good for probing for blocks.

If you're a new player and your don't have a Black Token, it's worth the 100g. Three very handy cards.

Finally, Untrained Flexibility is my favourite tokenless human racial. Retreat is an incredibly powerful card, especially in SP. I prefer to call it Attack. It allows your party to rush past frontline fighters (3 squares, free move) and get busy with the support mobs.

Disclaimer: it took me six months of playing before I worked out that you could actually play a Slowed card to get rid of it, and change facing if you needed to. Before that, I thought you just had to wear it for two turns, so I never equipped items with Slowed.

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It took so long because for most of that time you couldn't play it; it became playable in the previous balance change.

11. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Haha, that makes me feel a little better about myself. The first time I played it, I'm like, "What? Hooooly ****, I really am that stupid."

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Nope. I haven't checked to see if it still works with movement boosts, but it used to. (Move 0 +2 per boost by clicking on slowed.)
    Regardless of any prediction, Unholy Nimbus is trolling.
    @Kalin - Drops vary wildly by account. I've had well over 2 dozen Relic Of St. Darqars. My most common level 6 legendary has been Raging Battler (11), and some people who've played about a year are still looking for their first. Only 2 Hand Of Melvelouses, though. And way too many St. Gwendolyn's Armor.

13. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Yep, it does.

14. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Unholy Nimbus
    Chain Harness on a divine armor is a joke. With the divine armor slot taken you have terrible boot and dwarven skill armors to boost like Weakened Armor and Toughened Hide Strips. Your only other option is Polearm Slash, which doesn't tend to stick around as armor too long. Unholy Frenzy is massively more playable now that it slightly buffs spells and self targets. This makes Unholy Nimbus the best tokenless buffing armor which is huge for token hungry buff priests. However, it is not a big priority item and one of the easiest legendaries to acquire. Would not purchase.

No, just no. To it's credit, the art for Unholy Frenzy suggests that it buffs you with righteous mutton chops.

Substitutes
    Hide Of The Frenzied (C), Mail Of Righteous Anger (C), Savage Plates (E) (minortoken)

Cintoxtl Mail- Heavy duty divine armor that would make any warrior envious.
    Hrillia's Healing Ring- Great healing item. Adding self targeting to Boosted Heal is just icing on the cake.
    Mathiam's Helm- One of the worst of few helmets with Sprint, Team!. Not many builds can take full advantage of the card either.

Sir Veza likes this.
  15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Czint's Buckler
    Perfectly fine tokenless but unremarkable shield. Subtle Parry does not draw a card often enough for me to want it over an all purpose block. I would look to get Eeygonnic's Shield or Snitrick's Shield instead. Would not purchase.

If you're gonna play a block melee shield you may as well just suit up with Twisting Shield or Hexagon Shield. Same great taste with half the calories. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Icicle Shield (E), Big Ash Shield (E)

Backflip Buckler- Decent shield.
    Frog Strapping
    Incense Of The Caged Demon- Nice card advantage. Up to you if Demonic Revenge is worth not having to run Bad Luck on Ebony Prayer Beads.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  17. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

Boxton's Red Pendant 4/4. Two Flame Jets are nice, and Telekinesis too, but I prefer more focused items like Miligar's Dragon Tongue.

Cottonwood Staff 2/2. Weak, unfocused... complete crap.
    Jaguar Buckler 4/3. Very good shield, especially for a warrior.
    Trickster's Blade 4?/3. Well Tricky Stab isn't the best stab in the game, and the penetrating stabs are generally better, but at least you get all six stabs here. Most yellow-token stab weapons have some non-attack tech like Blind Rage, so you may want to increase the number of attacks with Trickster's Blade.

19. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Boxton's Red Pendant
    Both Flame Jet and Telekinesis are among the best cards for their respective deck archetypes. Boxton's Red Pendant is clearly a good item so I'll talk about the advantages and pitfalls of mixing and matching different roles on the same character. Let's say you have two wizards that are both split down the middle with burning and controlling cards. Your opponent won't know what to play around and you can use any hesitation or over-zealousness to your advantage. Also, if one of your wizards dies you won't be left with a low damage wizard that can't close out games or a relatively defenseless wizard that can't outrace larger close range attacks. On the flip side, you are at the mercy of your draws. If what you really need is that Telekinesis to stay alive you better hope you don't draw a grip full of burn spells. When you run a dedicated burn wizard and a dedicated control wizard you can get screwed if one dies but you are much more likely to draw what you want while both are alive. I don't believe one strategy is clearly superior to the other but I do know that mixed items like Boxton's Red Pendant can only go into one strategy while focused items can slot into both. Would not purchase.

The advantage of having mixed role characters goes out the window in singleplayer. You want all the consistency you can get. Gary does not fall for your mind tricks. Believe me, I've tried. He found the droids he was looking for anyways. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Ring Of Appropriation (E) (minortoken): Telekinesis

Cottonwood Staff
    Jaguar Buckler
    Trickster's Blade

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Sir Veza, raffishtenant and Jarmo like this.
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Melancthon and Flaxative like this.