The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Funny Story: i always open the Daily Deal first before Randi's (if it restocked) and seeing Xentox's Maul made me think: NOPE but then seeing it in Randi's i kind of... changed my mind :confused: why is this happening, has anyone had this happen to them too?

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The chances are 10/259, so it should happen about once a month.

3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

1/26 (rounded)

4. Foz

Foz Lizardman Priest

Sorry for the delayed response. I did see what you wrote, Ector. That said, I think the purpose of this thread is for us to weigh in with our take on the daily deals, so I did precisely that. I've seen enough of the thread history here to know that no good can come from pages of bickering over who is correct, so I will choose to express my opinion and allow you to express yours, preferably without drawn out discussion that would make both our input... less concise. I expect our fellow players can easily come to their own conclusions once we've laid out the pros and cons as we see them.

FDrybob and Sir Veza like this.
  5. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

St. Tesrim's Corona
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    Mass Frenzy is a rare and powerful card. Mass Frenzy on divine armor is rarer still but it comes with a steep cost. You need to play a Shimmering Aura that is a dead card against melee. Giving up armor in the divine armor slot for powerful cards isn't bad but you get a better deal on Mass Frenzy with divine items. For the same minor token, you can get 1 copy with 2 useful cards or 2 copies from some Bleneth items. Heck, you can get a vamp attack and Mass Frenzy, albeit more painfully, at no token cost with Shuddering Relic. The only reason to run St. Tesrim's Corona is if you specifically want a vamp attack and a Mass Frenzy on your divine armor since you can get both separately on other armors. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Although you can use Shimmering Aura much more effectively in singleplayer the same principles apply. Why waste a token for cards in one slot when you can get a better deal from others? St. Tesrim's Corona is very powerful, especially at lower levels, and I would definitely play it even against melee mobs since the AI is much more forgiving than human opponents. At the same time, it simply isn't a good investment. Focus your spending on the chase divine items. Those give you more bang for your buck and good low rarity divine items are much harder to come by than good divine armors. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Savage Plates (E) (minortoken): Mass Frenzy
    Glowing Hide Armor (C), Infused Cloth Armor (C) (minortoken): vamp attack

Cintxotl Mail- Best divine armor for armor. Armor.
    Giant Battleaxe
    Rockshard Robes- Really good Resistant Hide robes for wizards worried about facing...well Resistant Hide.

6. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I think it is freakin' bull****. IF you can't block the effect why lose a block to prevent 1 point of damage. BS

7. Accent

Accent Hydra

How many opponents have both good armor and good blocks? (Non-Blitzenripper division)

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  8. doog37

doog37 Hydra

It happened to me once.... just once but I lost a good block and a good armor to one stinking Armor Melt.

9. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

Well, it's only on one item, and is the only armor removal card accessible to players with immediate effects.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Bandreus, Sir Veza and raffishtenant like this.
  11. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

I tend to forget that bit.

Bandreus and WhiteSorcerer like this.
  12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Bandreus likes this.
  13. Can't say I blame you. I'm lucky enough to have two, and my third low-level vamp is definitely feeling left out.

Edit: wait...it seems that applies to Savage Plates as well. Decisions, decisions!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  14. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Robes Of Foz
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    Dangerous Maneuvers is not an awful card...when you find them on boots. If you've ever cursed at your screen because you drew another dang movement card instead of a business card then you know that it is not a good idea to dilute your deck with cards that don't matter. Movement matters of course but much less so on wizards and the best way to go about adding movement to your deck is to make sure it does something else on the side. In this respect, wizards have relatively few options. You have Reflexive Teleport which is overcosted and hard to come by, cards like Surging Bolt which come on awful staves and skills, and Short Perplexing Ray, by far the most playable option for increasing mobility without watering down your build. You can also play slide cards like Telekinesis to avoid close range enemy attacks and double as movement cards for the rest of your team. Reliable Mail is great but not worth adding two relatively useless cards to your deck. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Reliable Mail is always welcome but it is fairly easy to position your characters so that your wizard is least likely to be the target of attacks. Firestorm or Volcano wizards, the most efficient farming wizards, would much rather have Resistant Hide for immunity to their own attacks. Everyone else should look to use the robe slot for trait cycling like Robe Of Lightness or additional spells like Rockshard Robes. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Thin Sparkling Cloak (C), Forceful Robes (R), Ironcurse Robes (R) (minortoken)

Mageslayer Mail
    Mail Of St. Aulx
    Savage Plates- Nice for a mixed class party but for more focused builds I would much rather spend the token on divine items with more copies of the appropriate buff.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Regarding Robes of Foz in MP play, I'll actually point out that your wizard might indeed need some additional mobility, now that the meta is so heavily skewed towards warriors with lots of step attacks/team moves.

While I find peon's analysis is spot on, I still suggest people don't immediately bar this legendary as a useless item. Maybe the two additional move cards is exactly what you might need in order to make your wizards build more successful. Every consideration absolutely dependent on how your specific build/strat works ofc. YMMV

16. doog37

doog37 Hydra

+1 I was thinking about buying it if I played D-Wiz more. That's a lot of movement that you might only be able to get with another Legendary.

Bandreus likes this.
  17. Foz

Foz Lizardman Priest

Anyone else notice that Tangerine Staff is in the daily for literally the 4th or 5th day in a row? What gives? At this point I just sigh every extra day it shows up in place of something I might actually want.

FDrybob likes this.
  18. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Ferocity: the only non-treasure legendary I already have the max usable of.

BlackVoidDeath and Melancthon like this.
  20. My only such legendary is Unholy Nimbus. I have so many of those that Skarl's had to open up a whole separate display case.

Edit: of course, one could argue that the max usable of Unholy Nimbus is zero

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    wavy, Accent and Bandreus like this.