The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

White Flame
    Multiplayer
    Instant Burn is a weak card in a vacuum but surround it with other burning cards and you are off to the races. Fire wizards are the top choice for offensive wizards due to the availability of attacks on arcane items. If you play more than one wizard, avoid crossing the streams. Instant Burn will not trigger off another character's burning cards so it's best to avoid fire spells and attachments in general for the rest of the party. If enemy characters have burning attachments but are out of range or line of sight, you can fire an Instant Burn at your own characters to trigger them. Be sure to pack armor removal somewhere in your build. One Resistant Hide or Reliable Mail is enough to ruin your day.

Singleplayer
    Best paired with multi-target spells like Ember Burst or Firestorm when you are outnumbered. If you are using Firestorm with Instant Burn, remember that it will trigger for burning attachments on your own characters as well.

Peon's prescription for prodigious players- Would get White Flame if you enjoy burninating the countryside. Just be prepared to shell out major moolah for legendary arcane items if you want to play with it.

Substitutes
    None

Ettin's Club
    Robe Of Useful Things
    Savage Tome- One of the better options for getting Savage Curse.

2. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I would love a White Flame, but without a Staff Of A Million Embers it's hard to optimize. The Overheated Staff is a possible alternative w/ 4 IB but with combustible it makes Firestorm a more difficult situation although being only 1 blue to equip makes it a consideration but not a true alternative (and it's legendary too).
    Sure you could use the lessor Staff Of Embers or of the old chestnuts like Charring Staff(epic), Barnum's StAff or maybe go for some fireball love with a Staff Of The Fire God(epic) or a Searing Pain each of which has it's own issues. Except for the staffs I noted as Epic these are all legendaries so a rich man's build indeed since you want to pair it with Arcane items like Miligar's Dragon Tongue, Smoag's Bucket Of Pitch, Avakiria's Cup, Wym's Fiery Bangle, Barnum's Burning Bauble, Boxton's Red Pendant, Pumpkin Bomb, Wym's Fiery Pin, Yount's Chain, or Rantic's Orb Of Inner Fire (epic). So there are lots of key items for the deadliest of fire wizards, you probably need 2 staffs and 4 arcane items that are typically legendary items with an epic or 2 mixed in. Maybe you go with a Magma Spiral if you are feeling lucky, but the best burning items to use to max out instant burn are either burn 3 hit multiple targets or possibly both (Jet Flame).

3. kyokasuigetsu

kyokasuigetsu Kobold

Just a mini post to thank all of you people that give your oponion and hints for the daily deal. It´s really useful. Thanks a lot

FDrybob and Bandreus like this.
  4. Ector

Ector Hydra

Today's Deal is:

Xemu's Crown 3/3. It was much better before the rebalance, now both Cone of Cold and SPR were nerfed. Don't buy it.

Flashing Longspear 4/3. One of the best penetrating weapons in the game. All 5 attacks are penetrating + Blind Rage to boot. What's not to like?
    Old Saint's Armor 3/3. Arrogant Armor is good, but Healing Pulse can heal enemies. There are better alternatives.
    Untrained Tactics 1/1. Utter crap.

Please don't miss Vampire's Blade, if you don't have enough copies.

5. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Swiz's Circlet Of Elements
    Multiplayer
    Both Flame Jet and Cone Of Cold are fine cards. However, items that mix and match cards that are used for radically different things tend to be a lot worse. There may very well be a build that actively wants encumbers and high damage attacks but Swiz's Circlet of Elements will only fit into that specific build. You will often be better off getting items that specialize in one type of card so you can mix and match them yourself.

Singleplayer
    You have advance knowledge of how good Flame Jet and Cone of Cold are in each module but again, I believe you would be better served going after the specialized items so you can create a larger variety of builds.

Peon's prescription for prodigious players- Two copies of Flame Jet is rare for an item but dedicated burning build generally do not want to dilute their decks with other kinds of cards. There are many legendary items with 3 good burning cards for the same token cost. If this item had 2 Cone of Cold on the other hand it would be much more purchasable since there would be no strictly better option at the same cost. Would not purchase Swiz's Circlet of Elements.

Substitutes
    None for Flame Jet
    Hasek's Icy Ring (E) (minortoken), Hylithia's Wand (E) (minortoken), Xochu's Icy Circlet (E) (minortoken): Cone Of Cold

Flashing Longspear- Great penetrating weapon.
    Savage Plates
    Untrained Tactics

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It seems Peonprop has been allowed into the secret circle of preferred shoppers to get a different Legendary at The Daily Deal. I guess that's something also the rest of us can hope to achieve some sunny day.

Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Veeeery interesting. @Duke Tresnor also has Swiz's in his Daily Deal right now; I have Xemu's. :confused:

8. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I dont't have Savage Plates either but Old Saint's armor. And Xemu's not Swiz's.
    Same goes for my other 2 main server accounts, too.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Divide & conquer. I'm closing the city gates and starting the big water cauldrons boiling just in case.

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Well that's weird. I had those items before the server shut down too so that wasn't it. Rares are:
    Benefactor's Charm
    Blackeye Hammer
    Bulging Ringmail
    Club
    Clumsy Black Mace
    Coruscating Blade
    Displacing Staff
    Gouging Helm
    Hexagon Shield
    Spear of Dancing

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

My rares are:
    Bursting Medallion
    Displacing Staff
    Golem Cleaver
    Gouging Helm
    Hexagon Shield
    Perilous Ringmail
    Scouring Axe
    Spear of Dancing
    Sword of Loud Thoughts
    Vampire's Blade

12. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I probably wont be home in time to confirm, but I believe that matches my Daily Deal. Definitely had Vamp Blade, Scouring Axe and Hexagon Shield and I'm prety sure on Sword of Loud Thoughts.

Very Odd indeed.

13. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I can confirm my Daily Deal stock matches Veza's

14. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

The counts according to item type match up.

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  16. Ector

Ector Hydra

What a wonderful day!

Red Flame. 5?/5? Having two of these is the same as having White Flame and Staff Of Million Embers, but the general consensus is White Flame variant is more versatile, since it allowes you to use other burning staves (especially in SP missions where you don't have enough yellow tokens). Still, Red Flame is a very powerful staff, and it's well worth the cost. If you want to build a not-that-specialized burning wizard and reduce the number of Instant Burns, it may be your choice. You may want Red Flame + Staff Of Embers, for instance.

Azure Shield. 2/2. I would consider it if it wouldn't have Flimsy Block. Having extra Lunging Bash may be very advantageous, but the Flimsy Block is awful. It could help you versus Boiling Armor or Cone Of Cold, but you shouldn't play the blocks that are useful only against them.
    Badjeera's Black Relic 4?/3. One of the best vampiric items. It's just slightly worse than the legendary Hand Of Melvelous. And the best item in this category is...
    Flax's Thirsty Vial 5!?/3. The best tokenless vampiric item in the game. Three good attacks, two of them even have range 2.

My rating shows only the power/cost ratio of the item in the right build (not necessary in yours!) '?' means the need of a special build (or a special map). '!' means the best item for its cost, in its category or essential for the build.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  17. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

Oh yes, you're right. I've forgot about that legendary stuff. Fixed. Thanks for your attention!

19. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

You're welcome!

20. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Red Flame
    Multiplayer
    Ember Burst is powerful for any build. It does a decent amount of damage to multiple targets and is one of the few ways to hit things behind cover. Instant Burn is also powerful but only in burning builds since without support it does a lousy 3 damage. When you put both on the same item though it becomes harder to evaluate. Red Flame does not fit into a dedicated burst build and by itself it doesn't have enough Instant Burns for a Instant Burn build either. What you are left with is a solid staff for general Firestarter wizards.

Singleplayer
    There is nothing wrong with running Red Flame if you use enough burning cards to support Instant Burn but again, it won't slot into as many optimized builds.

Peon's prescription for prodigious players- Red Flame is undoubtedly powerful but it is hard to justify getting an item when more focused versions exist. Would not purchase unless you specifically want to add 3 copies of Instant Burn or Ember Burst to a deck.

Substitutes
    None

Azure Shield
    Badjeera's Black Relic
    Flax's Thirsty Vial- Vampire priest build staple, even despite it's lousy name. Why associate yourself with a deplorable personality like Flax when you could get Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud instead?