The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

Ferocity 5!/5 If you follow the Peonprop's link, you will find my review as well :) The skill has become much more powerful with the Team Run nerf, since it offers more movement now (3-2-2 compared to 2-2-2), but your other chars have to be adjacent to you. Buy the skill immediately if you don't have two yet: it's better than spending a token on Savvy Attacker to get the Team Walk.
    I dare to say that Ferocity is on par with Raging Battler now, since Violent Spin is very powerful and versatile. You can move whole team forward on the first turn, you can grab the victory area, you can push the enemy on his own Volcano... there are multitude of uses, and each can bring you a victory.

Ajan's Glowing Vial 3/3. Curse Of Fragility is actually quite good: just imagine what it can do with the plain old Firestorm. Unfortunately, the healing is just mediocre.

Atlatl Of Zuma 5?/5?. My favorite Priest weapon for the low-level SP scenarios. Can potentially replace Vampire's Blade in vampiric builds if you want to heal the others too or to stay at range 2. Really good weapon, well worth 500 gold.

Gaudekki's Orb 5/5. As a tokenless item, it's second only to Azgul's Orb for the burning wizards, but it's cheaper.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. Ector

Ector Hydra

Hmmm... I have all three Bloody Commands :)

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Maybe. On a few SP maps where the priest can shelter behind the warriors it's good for 2x Unholy Frenzy. I used it for that until I got better items.

4. Accent

Accent Hydra

Gaudekki's Orb keeps showing up in the Daily Deal, and I keep not buying it, even though it's one of the few epics I'm missing, because I wouldn't use it. Gahhhhh.

I already have plenty of Firestorm items. Let's see how many more of Yaro's Scepters will drop before I get one orb.

5. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

I prefer Yaro's to Gaudekki's for SP farming. The SPR is great for positioning and knocking off armor which the glob of flame is too slow when most maps only last two rounds. I'd happily give you 2 of my Gaudekki's for another yaro.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Accent

Accent Hydra

Oversized Pick in the Daily Deal today. Worst weapon in the game?

Well. . . I'll amend to worst if you're facing ranged attackers or lack blocks.

7. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

8. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Certainly the most dangerous to equip... Should be called Dangerous Pick

9. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Avakiria's Cup
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    If you want a kickass burning wizard Avakiria's Cup is a good way to start it off. Ideally you want to have an even mix between Flame Jet and Glob Of Flame but don't worry too much about it. You need 3-4 of these legendary arcane items before your wizard is ready to go so just get whatever comes your way. You would need a really bad run of all Flame Jet or Glob of Flame heavy items to start being choosy about which ones you pick up. Would purchase if you need another burning arcane item.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Not only are burning wizards a money pit where your gold goes to die but they are flat out worse than Firestorm wizards both in terms of efficiency and token requirements. The best burning wizards need major tokens for staves and all the minor tokens they can get for arcane items which limits them to high level modules. On the flip side, the best Firestorm items are tokenless with the most powerful staves costing minor tokens. Are burning wizards fun and flashy? No question, but if you've just landed your first job you don't go out and blow all your money on a BMW. You get a dependable clunker that will get the job done. After you've gotten a good gold reserve going and are ready to display your midlife crisis to the world, then you splurge on the burning wizard. Would not purchase until you're a grizzled veteran.

Substitutes
    None

Bloody Bracelet
    Jygpin's Healing Ring- Good healing item.
    Rhood's Boots- Not my first choice for Team Walk boots but they're not the worst. Actually, I just looked at all the Team Walk boots and they are the worst. The worst Team Walk boots are still pretty good though.

PDXTai, Jarmo, FDrybob and 2 others like this.
  11. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Incorrect:
    you can use a Rantic's Orb Of Inner Fire - which saves you an acid item AND 2000 gold ;)
    just get a different item with other burning cards other than Flame Jet which would be for 500 gold instead of 2500
    just a note and i am not saying everything you just said is useless i am just saying that spending 2500 gold on that is not too great (although it is just a (minortoken))

12. Questor

Questor Ogre

I almost always agree with you but not on this.
    Kelharin's Clogs and Salazar's Sandals are worse since they don´t focus on what you want when you pick Team Walk boots, that is mobility.
    Rhood's has 3 cards all dedicated to movement and Wild Run is a very powerful card if used right.

13. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

14. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I agree that Rhood's Boots are probably better for a support or ranged character but it stinks for a melee attacker. Beyond the first turn Wild Run becomes a card that handicaps you if you need to use it and often just gets discarded. Rushing Aura gets knocked off too easily to consider holding on to unless you have a weak hand, in which case you probably don't want to chase down an enemy character. It also doesn't help you once you've expended your moves and the enemy slides you or simply moves away. Energizing Move is a huge upgrade that you can opt to cash in for a move card if need be. I probably view Wild Run and Rushing Aura a lot less favorably then most so I shouldn't have been so absolute about the boots.

15. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

16. Foz

Foz Lizardman Priest

Kelharin's Clogs suffer from their item level. Officer's Harness isn't an awful card, but it isn't something you want either.
    Salazar's Sandals are a little better - as Peon indicates, Energizing Move is a big upgrade from Rushing Aura; it can't fall off and can be spent for movement itself, which often makes the difference between "I can't get back on the wizard this turn and pitch Rushing Aura b/c my hand is full" and "I play Energizing Move and get to unload on my enemies." It plays as a move which means it is much better against push-back effects. You do have to take a terrible 3rd card if you pick these, though.
    Rhood's Boots are not without issues either. Rushing Aura and Wild Run are very situational cards that have significant downsides and frequently become poor cards. They just don't feel useful enough in most situations.

I don't think any of those 3 options is very compelling. With the Team Run nerf I don't find the other cards on these boots make a compelling enough case to use them. If you have Captain Cedric's Boots they are vastly superior to other minor token Team Walk options, but if not I would avoid Team Walk boots unless you are willing to commit a major token for Wlakwa's Boots or Sliding Boots, both of which are hugely better than any non-Cedric minor Team Run boots IMO.
    Since I'm talking about boots already, might as well hit these up. They're easily accessible (Rare) and I like them a lot. Quick Run is powerful, and the amount of free movement you can get from Sparkling Cloth Armor is huge. Unlike other movement cards you keep, Sparkling Cloth Armor generates the movement when your opponent uses cards instead of relying on enhancing your own move cards. That means you could move many more times in a turn, which helps a lot more against control effects than simply moving a few extra spaces when you play a move card. While I'm not in love with Brutal Charge it definitely has its uses, and it's better than a typical 3rd card on minor boots that already have gold/silver for the first 2.

Flaxative likes this.
  17. BlackVoidDeath

Huzza! my second Aegis! :D - one to go :p

Foz likes this.
  18. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Tempted to buy the third Aegis... I like to play wizards, but Aegis is just SO good in the rare cases I want three martial guys...

19. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Great item. Very nice for many reasons. Quick run is always welcome the brutal charge is usually useful, if not dangerous and the sparkling is on of my favorite cards on these maps with Dwarf Vamps.

Flaxative likes this.
  20. BlackVoidDeath

SAY WHAT??? thats actually a thing?