Let's introduce ourselves!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zenebar, Jul 21, 2011.

?

Which "class" do you align with the most?

1. Warrior

27.7%
  2. Rogue

30.5%
  3. Wizard

41.8%
  1. Swordie

Swordie Kobold

Hello im new to this RPG style game and it is so much fun! can't wait to start ^_^.

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Welcome to Card Hunter, Swordie! Happy Hunting!

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Welcome all!

4. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I'm Magic Elves, and some of you may know me already, but I feel like introductions.

I am a selfish, egotistical, kinda jerky person, but I put on a good face while on the internet and humor it up while helping people get a bit better. Judging from what people say about their ages, I appear to be one of the youngest semi-competitive cardhunters at the tender age of 16, which may surprise some people. I am quite fond of the cards Violent Spin, Arcane Burst, and Demonic Power. I enjoy fixed deck leagues because they let my tactical skill shine through without letting my mediocre deckbuilding and refusal to use someone else's deck plans get in the way.

Flaxative, neoncat and Sir Veza like this.
  5. Createx

Createx Kobold

Well, I'm Createx.
    Real profession would be intern for an NGO right now, in the nice city of Montevideo. I enjoy music quite a lot (right now Foals, Nujabes, The Heavy and Bomba Estereo), just as much as books (last favourite: Donna Tartt - The Goldfinch, but I also love John Irving just as much as Alastair Reynolds and Iain M. Banks).
    Card Hunter has been occupying quite a lot of my time lastly, at least when I'm home. I travel quite a bit through the country right now and only have a tablet with me...
    I love Misguided Heal and Path Of Knives and am currently doing the quests, together with the occasional MP and a bit of low-level-farming when I don't want to think.
    So yeah, nice to meet you guys :)

Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  6. toromorado

toromorado Kobold

hI IM A NEW PLAYER IN THE CGAME,. I FOUNDCARD HUNTER TO BE ALL I EVER WANTED TO MASTER HAHA, I AM GAME MASTER AND I FIND THE FIGURINES AMAZING! AND THE TABLES AS WELL WITH ALL THE DETAILS.

NA D GARY REMINDS ME OF GARY GIGAX THE MAESTRO

7. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

There's no need to yell in all caps though :)
    Welcome!

8. Pengw1n

I think it's artistic choice rather than rudeness (if we look at the other thread contributions from the poster). Quite unique.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

All caps is uncomfortable and slower to read than mixed case, though (because we're not used to it). Being a unique snowflake in this case comes with a price extracted from the readers which could cool the ardour they might otherwise be inclined to feel.

10. vMatt

vMatt Kobold

*waves* Heller. :cool:

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Welcome, welcome! May you find an exceeding number of cards and the delights to be enjoyed therein.

12. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Wow, it is really interesting to go back and look at all the old users... Sir Knight has been here FOREVER -- but so many others have come and gone. =(

neoncat likes this.
  13. Pengw1n

Yeah, SK was one of the oldies when I got here...

neoncat, Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  14. Sir Knight

If I could think of a scathing pun in response, then hoo boy, would you be scathed. Consider yourself scathed, youngin'.

neoncat and Pengw1n like this.
  15. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Went back and re-read the thread... good times. ^_^

Phaselock's intro is hilarious, considering that he's quasi-staff now:
    Also, that guy who hosts (still?) the wiki:
    A couple of former staff: PirateCat, Tess

Some other folks who are more or less still around from pre-release: Pengw1n, skip_intro, yours truly
    edit: lurkers include Kalin and Zalminen, and I suppose Wozarg is still dropping in and out... :p

Also, awesome photo from early development.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    Sir Veza, Flaxative and Stexe like this.
  16. Sir Knight

Yeah. And we've been saying this for awhile, but they really should set up a "memorabilia" store or something and sell pieces like those. Even if you can't play a physical Card Hunter, the pieces are gorgeous.

neoncat likes this.
  17. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Yeah, I did that myself, but would gladly pay for higher-quality stuff. ^_^

18. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

fyi: Roshirai is no longer hosting the wiki, it has officially been ported over to BM. They handle the hosting charges, Jayce and myself are the voluntary admins. And its only a small time contribution just so everyone benefits. No biggie, really.

I remember a lot of the beta testers, largely also due to wiki development and bug hunting (mightymushroom, surgeonfish, megadestructo, hallas, Falcon_gk81, Zoorland, gabbek, dugrim, immara, lance, skip_intro, peng1win, roshiria, SK, gregarfalzar, ystin, wozarg, A bear, lusus, zal, darkdain, oberon etc). Everyone who could help tried to. And as with every game on this planet, pre-release usually brings out the best and post-release the worse (doom-bringers, fortune tellers, management-critics etc). And now there's a whole new bunch of friendlies. That's life I guess...

What would you pay for ? 3d printed minis ? full size ? ;) Aside from the fact that devs are still busy, I don't see why it can't be done.

neoncat likes this.
  19. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Anything that doesn't require me to pull out scissors and glue. :p

Phaselock likes this.
  20. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Hi, new player from Italy here. I was skeptical at first, but now the game has me hooked. I'm really enjoying playing with Gary & Melvin, and look forward to multiplayer once I complete the campaign.
    Cheers.

Sir Veza and Jarmo like this.