Let's introduce ourselves!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zenebar, Jul 21, 2011.

?

Which "class" do you align with the most?

1. Warrior

27.7%
  2. Rogue

30.5%
  3. Wizard

41.8%
  1. erf_beto

erf_beto Kobold

Hi there.
    I'm Beto, and I'm from Brazil.

I'm really interested in CardHunter and have been following its development for quite some time. I love the retro art direction (actually, I love all kinds of retro games. pixels are my life), and skirmish games where you build a party of characters (and not armies) fascinate me.

I've been playing videogames for as long as I can remember, and got into pen-and-paper RPGs in the early 90's (the usual suspects: D&D, Storyteller, etc). From then on, I never let go.

I became a boardgame enthusiast over the past 10 years, when RPG groups became scarce in my area, and so my quest for the perfect Dungeon Crawler began. Since importing games to Brazil is very expansive (due to taxes), and being somewhat of a rules tinkerer, I steered towards Print-and-Play games and, among other things, that led me to Dungeon Plungin', a Print-and-Play boardgame similar to HeroQuest. Now I'm working with the designers at oversoul-games.com in the new edition. There are some cool pictures of the game at boardgamegeek.

Though it's not my day job, I draw a lot, and would like to pursue a career in art someday. I have some Dungeon Plungin figures here (just imagine my reaction when I discovered CardHunter!).

2. mrpenguinrox

mrpenguinrox Kobold

Hello All,

I usually go by penguin but you are free to call me whatever you like. I read about Card Hunter in the GameInformer magazine and the game looks pretty interesting to me. I have played many rpg games and a little D&D but the most intriguing thing to me is definitely the idea of collecting cards. That is a personal hobby of mine and it seems very interesting. I have a good feeling this game is going to make it big!

Penguin

3. barbalatte

barbalatte Mushroom Warrior

yes I mean shogi. I only said japanese chess cause very few know what shogi is :p come try it out at 81dojo.com

4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Well i guess your right but its a central Asian game mainly played in china as far as i know so i don't like the title japanes chess. I do perfectly understand where he is coming from tho as i doubt most people would know what shogi is so i have no quarrel about that.

Also we now have two penguins clearly a fight to the death is needed.
    Two penguins enter one penguin leaves!

IshidaTsuki and Zolof Kimblee like this.
  5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

There can be only Penguone. (ta dum dum)

Also, as this is the introductory thread I guess I'll have to actually contribute something useful apart from the punnage!

Oldschool gamer who's been playing rpgs and crpgs since the early 80's - diehard nerd that's occasionally gets misstaken for a hipster, even in my advanced age. The hipster bit is probably due to having a huge interested in music, working in a bookstore and being swedish (we're all terribly fashionable ofc).

Zolof Kimblee likes this.
  6. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

I usually don't post in these sorts of things, but I've been here long enough that I figure I should be social. :D

I'm Roshirai. I used to work for SEGA of America on some games you've never played. I now develop games independently from my closet office in Vancouver, Canada. Nothing huge yet.

I also host the unofficial Card Hunter wiki, which is chock-full of awesome card information due the efforts of a bunch of people who aren't me: I just pay for hosting and spent a few hours a while back to make it look pretty. :)

I have an academic interest in furthering "humane" free-to-play monetization practices, and so I apologize in advance for any posts that ask what kind of Card Hunter-related stuff people would like to buy, as well as any posts about free-to-play practices in general. As it is, I like Card Hunter a lot and would like Blue Manchu to be successful, so I figure starting those sorts of discussions can't hurt! :)

7. DeathofCaine

DeathofCaine Kobold

Greetings. I am lacking of a true moniker and am merely with title of deed. Branded with task set upon, I am hailed as champion to have bested the legendary Godslayer in the arena, also known as Aaventhaal Caine.

It is station likely veiled in this land however, so that which may part your lips to beckon my attention is of unremarkable merit. I am merely one man's demise, a legend to those who bare witness, be it behind his heel or below - and now only an unfit trophy made persona.

My reflection reveals that of a warrior, though torrid ripple and wave may cast illusion to my strengths - let it be known that such false impression may lead to ruin.

8. Umbra8

Umbra8 Kobold

Hi, I'm Umbra and this sums me up in a nutshell:

The first game I bought with my own money was Zork I, the Great Underground Empire from Infocom, which I ordered through a catalogue and played on an almost-new Apple IIC with no hard drive and 128k of RAM. I might have been all of 12 years old and it was a magical, awesome, defining experience. I may never feel that kind of wonder again, but I haven't stopped trying since.

PS: I chose Rogue. For some reason in text adventures you're expected to take everything you come across, regardless of who owns it. For example, I have:

a battery-powered brass lantern
    an elvish sword of great antiquity

...and I'm definitely no elf.

9. Atanos here. Been playing D&D for a long time, and really looking forward to this. Hopefully can get into the beta. Pretty stoked for it haha

10. quixotegut

quixotegut Kobold

Hey, y'all. I'm, Q and while new to pen and paper RPG's (yet wanting, very badly, get into them for a long time) I'm an avid CCG player (M:TG, Star Wars, Star Trek... I've played a lot), and have played countless PC RPG's in both JRPG/Fantasy and MMO styles. I flipped my scheiss when I saw this game (truthfully, for the first time in GI... for shame). It's everything I've wanted, by the looks of it, RPG'ing and CCG'ing.

Regardless as to whether or not I get a key for the beta, I will be playing this game at some time. It's literally captivated my time and I'm hard-pressed to not mention it to people on the fly, especially at my LGS.

Let's get pumped... I know I already am.

Edit: voted Rogue, I enjoy stealth and quick devastating attacks.

11. Datata

Datata Kobold

Hello! My name is Datata (how ever you pronouns it) I have been playing games like Arkham Horror and mostly Dungeons and Dragons. I do play DM in most DnD games , but sometimes different people in my group try it and gladly give me back my title. Anyway I found this game out of blind luck all I search was "Online DnD" and I found this which in my option looks absolutely incredible. After 20 years of Dungeons & Dragons I can honestly say this is the closest to the game with out buying it!

I also play a lot of MMOs including Dungeons & Dragons Online and after that I got into Tera. I am a huge fan of RPGs and Adventure games. This I hope to be my new addiction, but to say about the beta I am not in and hopefully soon I will get in and the other people that are waiting too (more the marry-er).

See you all at the table soon!

I voted Warrior I like getting close and personal with the thing I am about the take down.

12. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Welcome, friends!

13. Deadless78

Deadless78 Mushroom Warrior

RPG a life-style chosen by many mastered by few ;)

14. Dynasty

Dynasty Kobold

hey guys im Dynasty!!!

This game gonna be awesome!!!

PVP FTW

15. Deadless78

Deadless78 Mushroom Warrior

I'm deadless78 love RPG games

I like zombie games and movies WW Z I hope they do good on it The book was great

why are the no real rpg zombie games:(

A true zombie Game rpg/survival with lvling close traits that help you survive the wasteland hmmm might start something there
    ;):D

4 posts merged into one. - Mega

16. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Dude. Post spam. You can contain your thoughts to a single post about yourself. I believe in you.

IshidaTsuki likes this.
  17. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Hello all.

I am glad to hear from so many others who share in the excitement for Card Hunter. I've been devouring information about it, ever since I first read it's mention in last months game informer. I readily await my chance to play.

I've always been a fan of gaming in general. I've collected and played plenty of ccg's like: Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, Naruto, .//Hack Enemy, Duel Masters, UFS, and Lord of the Rings. Every week I also play Resident Evil the card game, which is a deck building game. So, to couple that with my equally intense passion for video and table top gaming causes my friends to suffer my rants of longing for Card Hunter's arrival.

18. Hessian

Hessian Orc Soldier

My name is Doom. I am often introduced at a climactic time in one's life, usually by their arch enemy.

19. Womble

Womble Mushroom Warrior

Womble here. Probably one of the older people hanging around. Still remember and love my D&D from the early 80s.

20. Dervill

Dervill Mushroom Warrior

I'm as old as Womble. I've always kept an eye open for games that recapture the pureness that was AD&D from the early 80's. When I say pureness, I mean a bit of storytelling mixed in with imagination. Looking forward to the game.

Stay thirsty!

ChadTheRad and Womble like this.