[Suggestion] CardHunter Art IRL

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by neoncat, Feb 14, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I want more ways to throw money at BM. While I do enjoy releasing my inner kindergartener for occasional art projects, I also like paying money to avoid extensive and delicate manual labor.

(And this is what happens when I realize I need a set of miniatures for a one-shot tomorrow and I can't pay BM to do it for me...)

P1000021.JPG P1000020.JPG

Mistersam and Flaxative like this.
  2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Note the orcs and the bear. They are not as pretty. My sophisticated artistic sensibility is offended that I must stoop to using such proletarian riff-raff. :D

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Sorry you couldn't get non-proletarian riff-raff, bro.
    You can always denounce people who sneer as a bourgeois lackeys of the yatta-yatta, and ask if they could fingerpaint something better. If they can, put them to work.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Definitely would fork over cash for Ben Lee miniatures.

Ben_Lee likes this.
  5. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Great job! It is pretty special to see people using them for real life gaming!
    We have had discussions about physical minis since day one. I'm keen to release them as a set or sets that the customer does not have to cut and stick together. I would also prefer they were printed on very heavy, durable cardboard (High end board game quality) and have bases that look like proper CH bases. This makes it a little complicated to get to market. Speaking purely for myself, I'd rather not go down the printable PDF route.

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Would 3d printed minis be worthy of consideration ? Prices are getting cheaper and cheaper.

7. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

You still need to find a rigger and a modeler to get 'em done. HOWEVER, have you seen these guys? They're right in my neck of the woods (Los Angeles) and I backed their Kickstarter because miniatures (Ben knows my love for all things small in scale and paintable): http://www.heroforgeminis.com/

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Traditional 3D minis, unless flat and printed on both sides, aren't really Card Hunter. They'd be just another generic fantasy figure series. Sure, they'd look a bit like Ben's excellent art but it wouldn't be the same. (Not that I know what kind of 3D you meant exactly, Phaselock.)

Bewulf and Ben_Lee like this.
  9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Reckon it wouldn't be too hard to convert stuff from Fan Art thread into a single manifold for 3d printing.

edit: sigh, this forum doesn't like me... keep getting logged out... :(

10. Rhannon

Rhannon Kobold

Yours is an indisputable artistic choice (as the author). And I understand it.

But I am sorry for it. Because I have less chance of being able to buy your "real" 2D wonderful paper figures.

But there are also other options. Like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joe Nittoli ( "Pasiphilo" ), artist and producer, as ( Pasiphilo's Paper Minis ) Gaming Geek Shop's owner, on Cardboard Warriors Forum, expressed his intention not to produce pdf downloadable files for his ( gorgeous ) figures. and printed them on really good biadhesive cardstock. Now he sells his sets with plastic bases. They are very valuable products, imho.

Plastic bases may be of different colors, and also of different shape.

But in the end the only important point is the possibility to buy, in some way, your wonderful paper miniatures.

Ciao

Mistersam and Bewulf like this.