The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Hawkwind's Moccasins
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    These little booties will get you places. My previous review pegged Hawkwind's Moccasins as wizard/support character boots, but in actuality melee classes benefit most from Dangerous Maneuvers. Ranged characters would rather have Flanking Move boots while melee attackers simply want big movement cards to get next to enemies as soon as possible. When you draw Dangerous Maneuvers in the early parts of a match you'll likely use them to close gaps rather than step next to an enemy character. When you do need to take damage, the piercing damage is preventable with armor. While not the biggest priority item, I believe Hawkwind's Moccasins are the best tokenless boots for warriors. Purchase if you've got spare gold, hold out for more crucial items like weapons if you don't.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Boots are never a good investment for singleplayer. For tokenless long movement boots, Wild Run boots are a good enough substitute. They offer a better deal on movement the first round but get worse later on when your oldest card is likely more important. The slight edge you gain for using Dangerous Maneuvers instead is not worth the legendary cost. If you're having trouble with catching ranged mobs the easiest thing to do it switch to wizards. If that doesn't float your boat try stockpiling movement cards for a turn and rushing in the turn after. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Off-Balance Boots (R), Marmot Boots (R)
    The Daily Deal

Perfect Insight- Pathfinding crazy good but it's limited to one copy and always paired with less than stellar cards. With the introduction of Elven Maneuvers, on a tokenless skill no less, Pathfinding see virtually no play anymore.
    Ripping Mace- All around solid weapon. I'm a fan of prioritizing spells over attacks on priests so Purging Mace always gets the nod but you do get added utility from the attacks for your troubles with Ripping Mace.
    Woodhome's Wound- Useful for fighting low level armored mobs but not worth purchasing over Piercing Pick.

Notable Rares
    Focused Teleportation- Volcano in particular will want the full set of Dimensional Traveler.
    Forceful Robes- Great tokenless Resistant Hide robes.
    Stormward Pauldrons- Fantastic armor values all around making this one of the better heavy armors to pair with Enchanted Harness.

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Pwindle's Boots
    It's obvious what Energizing Move is for. It helps you move large distances in the early game. This is great for racing to victory squares or putting some pep in your dwarf's step but if you're looking for stuff to beat control cards like Telekinesis you will need to look elsewhere. Once you're near your target, Energizing Move may as well be a Dash. You can also use Energizing Move as a counter to most encumbering effects whether they're from Cone Of Cold or Heavy Armor. Pwindle's Boots is the best minor token Energizing Move boots in my opinion so purchase if you're looking to get places fast.

There isn't much reason to play Energizing Move in singleplayer. There are fewer maps with victory squares, melee mobs come to you, and you need more than a speed boost to continue staying next to ranged mobs as they constantly try to get away. Wisps in particular are a nightmare for melee characters to chase down. Pwindle's Boots is better than most at the job but it is no substitute for just using a wizard. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Japper's Energy Boots (E) (minortoken)

Atchocl's Spear- A glorified Blackeye Hammer.
    Oxha's Sparkspreader- While cool on paper, needing line of sight makes multi-target spells like Arching Spark much worse than burst spells or even linear spells.
    St. Olf's Fiery Pike- What is this, a divine weapon with both fantastic attacks and buffs? Shut up and take my money.

Notable Rares
    Defensive Buckler- Best block in the game plus fairly harmless cycling trait.
    Steel-Rimmed Buckler- Parrying Buckler for those that don't want beat down quite as hard on other warriors.
    Trainee Command- One of the few playable tokenless human skills.

3. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Saramin's Shield
    When you spend a token on a shield it had better be for something spectacular. Tacking on a bit of encumber from Icy Block does not count. No matter how cool those enemy wizards become, they can still hobble away and force you to have a movement card. Icy Block is best used as a speed bump to allow your priest to make a quick getaway but that token would likely do more work elsewhere. If the Surging Shield Block seems more appealing to you there are better shields for that as well. Would not purchase.

Never buy legendary shields. Block are generally going to be less effective than armor unless you are using them to draw cards and the best card drawing shields are non-legendary. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Big Ash Shield (E), Icicle Shield (E)

Dancer's Dagger- Spear Of Dancing gives you the best parts of Dancer's Dagger for a lower token cost. Both are too underpowered for the average warrior so you will need to have a particular use in mind.
    Oliver's Boots- Shimmering Aura sucks. Rushing Aura is Quickness Aura's underachieving sibling.
    Torching Staff- Doesn't get much better than this for tokenless burning staves...so spend some tokens on your staves cheapskate.

Notable Rares
    Emberfloat Mantle- The only thing better than one Firestorm on robes is two Firestorms but Firehide Robes isn't for sale today.
    Incense Of Roiled Air- One of the best non-legendary Mass Frenzy divine items.

4. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Shield Of Ultimate Dodging
    Dodge gets worse the more wizards show up in the metagame. The current spike in wizards is mostly due to the map rotation so the environment is bound to get less hostile for Dodge users. It no longer gets shut down by encumber but that was such a small portion of the field that the clause might as well not have existed. Now we get to the biggie. Dodge has a 1/6 greater failure rate than before. I still think Shield of Ultimate Dodging received an inadvertent boost. Dodge is still an insane deal in preventing 1/3 of all range 1 attacks from the front with no real way to counteract it aside from Entangling Roots but now it only costs a minor token to get 3 copies on a shield. The jump in quality between major and minor token weapons and divine weapons is massive. Go ahead and look. There are a handful of acceptable double minor token options available. Once you upgrade one of those tokens the number of usable weapons increases dramatically. In fact, I think the only reason we aren't seeing a bunch of armed to the teeth dodging machines is that wizards are keeping them in check. I may be wrong but Shield of Ultimate Dodging is my pick for strongest minor token shield against melee parties. Would absolutely purchase. In fact, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and pick up my second copy right now.

Dodge is powerful but unnecessary. Against melee mobs, shields with Parry are more reliable and you often won't reach the point where you'll see the benefits of repeatable damage prevention from Dodge. Also, have you heard about this new thing called Impenetrable Nimbus? It prevents all the damage and all the cool kids are trying it. Go on, the first hit is free. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Jackrabbit Shield (E) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Nifty Halberd- Nimble Strike is fantastic and hard to come by but the attacks are way too weak, even for a tokenless weapon.
    Oxha's Sparkspreader- Spark wizards are best at dishing out massive hard to block haymakers not piddling spells that most likely won't have multiple targets.
    Staff Of Immolation- Having to play awful short range cone spells is not worth saving a major token from stuff like Staff Of Embers.

Notable Rares
    Orb Of Flames- Cheap Firestorm item.
    Skipping Boots- Solid tokenless boots.
    Staff Of Winter- One of the best cold staves.

5. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

The Lunginator
    I've reviewed it in the past and I'm still not high on it but I won't ignore concrete results. Clearly, The Lunginator is capable of winning but I'm not convinced that it's due to the power level of the weapon rather than the skills of the person wielding it. For those that are interested, you can find @Bandreus' thorough reporting of testing results here. I have a very biased opinion of Lunging Bash so I doubt I will ever be able to give The Lunginator a ringing endorsement. I would suggest you read through the excellent match reports and decide for yourselves whether or not The Lunginator is right for you.

This one I am very sure about. You want all the damage you can get for warriors and messing around with Lunging Bashes is just a waste of time. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Riptide (E) (majortoken)(minortoken), Basher's Delight (E) (majortoken)(majortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    I'm going to start adding this section to the reviews. This is just for fun and not meant to be actual advice. All this section does is shed some light on my purchasing thought process. Right now I've got more gold than I know what to do with so financials is a really small fraction of the equation. If I suddenly go broke from, oh I don't know, a mass influx of new items from a new expansion ;) ;) nudge nudge, I will note it. So, did Peon buy The Lunginator? Heck no. Lunging Bash is for squares.

Araco's Boots- As much as I bash on Lunging Bash, it is at its best on boots where attack quality is severely limited. However, Diamond Moccasins is the go to minor token Sparkling Cloth Armor boots for having 3 kickass cards. Honorable mention goes to Turquoise Boots for vamps. There's nothing quite like a cantrip 6 range move that heals you for 8.
    Jygpin's Healing Ring- One of the better healing items.
    Ravenna's Incense- Not nearly as good as Skull Of Savage Iljin as a tokenless Inspiring Presence item though I used it quite often in leagues back when I didn't have such a sizable cranium collection. Then again I am a filthy Volcano spammer.

Notable Rares
    Spear Of Dancing- Very very niche weapon to build around as it has some sub par attacks but Disorienting Block's effect is undeniably powerful.

Flaxative likes this.
  6. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

7. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

No, for small maps with limited maneuverability and victory square like those, Lunging Bash is even worse. What you really want is Pressing Bash so you can take over the position immediately. You will also want Violent Spin and maybe Disorienting Block but definitely not Lunging Bash. If you are expecting more blocks than usual I could see running War Cry but only for these special league cases.

Pawndawan and Flaxative like this.
  8. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Aranak's Chain Web
    Grounding Plates is a fantastic armor but it doesn't get a benefit from Harnesses aside from slightly increasing its damage prevention. Pairing it with Chain Harness is just worse than good old Reliable Mail. If there's one Grounding Plates heavy armor you should pair with Harnesses it's Stormward Pauldrons. You get 3 shots at a high armor value card to boost instead of just one like most other heavy armors. Would not purchase.

Grounding Plates is essential for fighting Wyverns and Wisps so I highly recommend picking something up that has it. Aranak's Chain Web hardly qualifies as a thing. Boosting armor roll doesn't even help against the spark attacks. Just get one of the rare substitutes and save your gold for something a little less revealing. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Mail Of Absorption (R) (minortoken), Stormward Pauldrons (R) (minortoken)

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. As much as I love the idea of my dwarf warrior prancing around in a skimpy outfit I already had the good fortune of finding one to hang above the mantle of my sex dungeon keep.

Aegis Of The Defender- Best shield in the game. You might not always be able to spare the major token but it's great having that option available.
    Eixocl's Hammer- One of the best weapons for its token cost and a great option for Bash warriors.
    Vira's Shoes- Shimmering Aura sucks.

Notable Rares
    Cleansing Incense- You won't need Cleansing effects very often and this is the cheapest item to get 3 of them.
    Healthy Trickery- Healing Dash is particularly sought after by vamps. Vamp attacks also help you recover from the extra Vulnerable damage. Not a bad tokenless skill for buff priests either since they can usually avoid enemy contact.
    Incense Of Roiled Air- Great Mass Frenzy item.

PDXTai likes this.
  9. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

In Chess Madness I used War Cry on an abnormally confident human warrior who charged the VP squares in the first round, the player ragequit after he lost x2 Defender's Block and x1 Disorienting Block from that Warrior :D
    My opinion is that War Cry is always useful - that is both in Leagues and Ranked Matches.
    This item has popped up at least 3 times over the past month - I wish that had happened when I started playing Card Hunter :(

10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

St. Portia's Maul
    Good tokenless items are hard to come by but St. Portia's Maul doesn't fit any good priest archetypes. There aren't enough vamp attacks for vamps and there aren't any spells for support priests. Some people use items like Healing Hand Mace for surprise beatdowns but divine items don't give non-vamp priests the attacks they would need to do consistent damage. If you simply need a tokenless weapon you can go with Vampire's Blade or Sacrficial Axe, both of which have good attacks and cycle to more important cards. Would not purchase.

In low level modules there isn't much you can do with priests since most good buff items require tokens. That makes St. Portia's Maul surprisingly good with damage that even puts most tokenless warrior weapons to shame. However, you are paying way too much for an item of very limited use. If you are dead set on making a butt kicking low level melee priest vamps are still pretty good even without access to Talented Healer. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Club Of Wrath (E), Vigun's Blessed Blade (E)

Did Peon Buy It?
    Negatory. I only use triple Firestorm wizards for low level farming. Even if I had a complete collection I still wouldn't use a priest. Armor in particular is a problem but triple warriors with The Strongarms would provide the highest damage output. All I need to do now is wait for The Strongarm to appear in stock for a week straight and I'll be all set.

Cherry Shield- The poor man's Ichabod's Buckler. I'd much rather run Buckler Of Protection or Defensive Buckler.
    Manifold Medic- Triple Heals is not powerful enough to warrant forgoing traits.
    Stookster's Amulet- A bad Banik's Bubbling Bauble.

Notable Rares
    Enormous Mattock- Solve the Large Weapon issue and you've got a really heavy hitting weapon.
    Focused Electromancy- Not going to be used often over Electroporter Novice but very powerful for both arcane and spark heavy wizards.
    Heavyweight Mace- Decent weapon for Bash warriors.
    Superb Evasion- If you ever see an all elf team that isn't all warriors, you should be wary of an impending Elvish Scamper.
    Tough Leather Cap- Great team movement that is usually limited to human skills. It's like they really really don't want anyone to use humans.

11. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Kristoph's Skull
    Cause Fumble is a narrow but powerful card that requires a lot of commitment. You lose slots normally reserved for buffs or vamp attacks and give up some win percentage against wizards in exchange for melee blocks for the whole party Kristoph's Skull is a decent item but doesn't fit well in a Cause Fumble deck and vampires who want as many attacks as possible don't want it either. I would recommend getting items that cater to either build better, 2-3 Cause Fumbles or 3 vamp attacks. Notable items include Crespin's Shroud, Oquith's Choking Incense, Oquith's Foul Incense, Flax's Thirsty Vial, Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud, Hand Of Melvelous, andGlasod's Dark Skull. Would not purchase.

Cause Fumble is pretty much inferior in most situations to Impenetrable Nimbus. There are no Purge effects in the campaign (aside from Blizzard Breath in Black Plume Mountain) so you only need to worry about it getting knocked off with multiple attachments. Move the Nimbused character into the middle of the fray and the rest of the party can wait for the AI to exhaust its attacks before moving in. If you're in the market for vamp attacks there are better items for those as well. Would not purchase.
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. Skulls are one of the coolest things you can collect but I am not a collector. If it doesn't improve existing or potential builds in some way I am not interested. Good thing shoved poor Kristoph into a chest for me to find.

Cleansing Hide Armor- The poor man's St. Malaj's Cuirass. Seeing as how they prevent the same average damage I'd say skip the 2000 extra gold for the 2 extra hp if you're into Cleansing effects.
    Flexible Tactics- If you're trying to build around Advanced Battlefield Training I would try to fit Perfect Flexibility in instead. If you're just using it for the random surprise factor then you have the choice of Trained Flexibility for a melee heavy metagame or Flexible Tactics for wizards since Flimsy Block is essentially a magic block.
    Riptide- Very useful suite of effects. I tend to only want a couple of each anyways so you are free to load up on pure damage with your other weapon slots if you've got mobility covered.

Notable Rares
    Focused Healer- A must for any respectable vamp.
    Hexagon Shield- For those that are tired of beating people up with Parry.
    Manifold Healer- Vamping on a token budget. Good for lower level modules.
    St. Xarol's Axe- Great for clearing out multiple mobs in lower level modules.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    PDXTai likes this.
  12. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

peonprop likes this.
  13. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Advanced Crushing
    Crusher is one of those cards that seems great but looks can be deceiving. If you look at the all the contenders for best weapon there are shockingly few that are crushing weapons. Heck, most of them don't even have crushing attacks. All you get when you play crushing attacks is damage with a side order of more damage (excluding Bashes which have their own more reasonably costed trait). The minor token Advanced Crushing requires commits you to the cause but while you gain in raw power you lose out on versatility. Would not purchase.

Damage wins out over tricky stuff against the AI so boosting high damage weapons even more is not too shabby. However, you get more damage out of your tokens from weapons so you don't have tokens to spare till level 11. Once you get sufficient major tokens you can just start using Bejeweled Shortsword for your obscene damage needs. The level range where Advanced Crushing excels doesn't have any modules where melee farming is faster than wizards in my opinion though maybe that's my Firestorm addiction talking. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    None

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I'll admit I use Focused Crushing for one of my farming parties but I don't have anything builds that benefit from Advanced Crushing. Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I'm not using Bejeweled Shortswords. The party was made back when Obliterating Bludgeon was still a thing so that is probably it.

Nifty Halberd- You won't find better step attacks on other tokenless weapons but the rest of the attacks are too weak to consider playing.
    St. Bethan's Charm- Not bad but I'm not too big on heals so I'd use Incense Of Roiled Air instead.
    Untrained Tactics- Have you seen the skills elves and dwarves are sporting? Traits, traits, and more traits. Get it together humans.

Notable Rares
    Savvy Attacker- Now this is a martial skill worth spending a token on.

PDXTai likes this.
  14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm really tempted by it, for use in my Aristocat party. I already have Focused Crushing, but I'm currently trying out two warriors so a second martial skill would be nice. And the minor token makes it easier for that char to use Vibrant Pain (that char isn't even going to try for synergy).

15. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Mullik's Blisterstaff
    Four copies of Force Cone on a tokenless staff is great but there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First of all, the usefulness of Force Cone itself is very map dependent. Cramped spaces with lots of walls or impassable terrain are a big no no. You will also find that your wizard won't be able to hurt a fly. If you plan on doing some butt kicking you will need to keep your butt kicker alive. This is particularly difficult against opposing wizards since they tend not to care about control cards. Alternatively, you can go the pure evil route and rely solely on victory squares to get the win. Having tried this before I can say that it is incredibly difficult to pull off, takes a really really long time to finish matches, and does not feel particularly rewarding if you have a decent bone in your body. Purchase only if you're looking for a tokenless control staff and you know what you're getting into.

Tokenless Firestorm staff. This isn't the most important item for low level Firestorm farming since Staff Of The Inferno exists but it certainly is a lot less suicidal. At the same time, there's no question that Staff of the Inferno leads to quicker kills. When using a full set of Staff of the Inferno, it's rare that you will find yourself with all 3 wizards being Combustible. If you simply fire off Firestorms on the Combustible wizards first, the unafflicted ones can finish off any survivors. Save your gold for the double Firestorm arcane items that will really speed things along. Purchase only if you already have a great Firestorm party and want Combustible insurance.

Substitutes
    Staff Of The Inferno (E): Firestorm

Did Peon Buy It?
    No, but only because I've already bought 2 copies in the past. Personally, I run 2 Combustible wizards with a third carrying a pair of Mullik's Blisterstaff to prevent the rare party wipe. This setup is sub-optimal for drawing the most copies of Firestorm but I haven't really had games where I felt I didn't draw enough.

Ring Of Hot Spikes- The good cards don't go together and they certainly aren't enough to warrant playing a crappy Ember Spray.
    St. Olf's Fiery Pike- The copies of Mass Frenzy alone is worth the price of admission. Add on fantastic ranged attacks and you've got one of the best divine weapons in the game.
    Zachary's Boots- Speaking of pure evil control wizards, these are the boots I'd put on them (if you don't have Pergop's Slippers of course).

Notable Rares
    Ironwood Staff Of The Magus- Putting a pair of blocks on a wizard will throw a lot of people off. If you want them to remain a surprise, resist the urge to throw in a backstabbing Nimble Strike beforehand.

PDXTai and Sir Veza like this.
  16. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Xlaka's Sacred Bundle
    Xlaka's Sacred Bundle is the best Inspiring Presence item for a non-wizard party. You do need to want the Inspiring Presence since there are better Mass Frenzy items out there. If you can keep your priest from healing the other team Inspiring Presence becomes the best healing spell in the game that sometimes draws cards. As you can imagine, this can be very difficult to beat. Inspiring Presence is high risk high reward but you can minimize the risk careful positioning or control cards. Would purchase if you're building around Inspiring Presence and don't want Skull Of Savage Iljin for Savage Curses. Would not purchase to stick in a random deck.

It is much harder to avoid healing enemies when you are heavily outnumbered unless you are facing ranged mobs. In those instances, Xlaka's Sacred Bundle becomes quite good but it's hard to play heals over Impenetrable Nimbus when the AI runs right into it. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Jygpin's Healing Ring (E) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I've already found 3 copies though I don't think I would buy it today if I had none either. I chose not to purchase it in the past because it didn't fit in any of my decks and I didn't plan on building around it. To be fair, that was back when Mass Frenzy only buffed melee attacks so that was part of the reason as well.

Araco's Boots- The only card you really want is Sparkling Cloth Armor and that comes on better boots. Ditto for Lunging Bash.
    Jackrabbit Shield- This was already not very playable back when Dodge was insane since Halt shuts it down. With the nerf to Dodge it has no redeeming qualities.
    Madman's Maul- It's not completely useless in singleplayer but St. Olf's Fiery Pike is so much better and costs the same.

Notable Rares
    Ebony Prayer Beads- A ton of card draw for a rare.
    Hexagon Shield- One of the best tokenless shields.
    Rod Of Winds- If you haven't tried out Whirlwind Enemies it is still surprisingly good.
    Trainee Command- One of the few playable tokenless human skills.

PDXTai likes this.
  17. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

St. Xarol's Mace
    The cards on St. Xarol's Mace are all over the place, both in function and power level. It's sort of healy but you really only want the Greater Heal. It's decent armor removal but really crappy damage beyond the twoSundering Strikes. As it stands, St. Xarol's Mace is an ugly duckling that no one wants aside from armor removal seekers. Even then, it's often better to ignore it altogether by running Frenzy buffs. You will do a similar amount of damage as an unbuffed attack when up against armor with bonus points if you catch a naked opponent. Sundering Strike is also not reliable enough as an answer to immunity armors like Resistant Hide. Would not purchase.

Armor removal is important for modules like Cliffs of the Wyvern but Sundering Strike is again, not a reliable solution. It's really only good for shredding through Toughness but very few mobs carry it and a Boiling Armorremoves them just as well. When there's armor involved bring a wizard. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Ripping Mace (E) (minortoken)(minortoken), Sahagun's Sword (E) (minortoken)(minortoken), Blackhammer (E) (majortoken)(minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. Even if I wanted Sundering Strikes on a priest I like Ripping Mace better.

Nifty Halberd- Too many weak attacks to consider playing.
    Old Saint's Armor- Untouchable Plate is slightly better but if you're only going to use it in singleplayer there's no need to wait for it.
    Tempered Flamestaff- There are much better single token burning staves. They are all legendary but since you're playing a burning wizard, you've presumably already taken out a second mortgage to pay for all those arcane items. What's one more drop in the bucket?

Notable Rares
    Ironwood Staff Of The Magus- Makes sure your wizards has some tricks up their sleeves.
    Mantle Of Instinct- The most well armored robes available.
    Shuddering Relic- One of the best tokenless divine items.

PDXTai likes this.
  18. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Meztis Wyrmhide Robes
    The most common attachments you'll see are burning attachment. Path Of Knives and frost attachments are distant runner ups. Way in the back of the pack are Bad Luck and Mind Worm. Is it worth giving up immunity to fire and electricity spells with Resistant Hide, which handles burning attachments, so you can reflect attachments 50% of the time? No way Jose. Both armors are terrible against melee parties but you give up a huge edge against a lot of wizards for very little gain with Mystical Wyrmhide. Meztis Wyrmhide Robes even charges you a major token. Would not purchase.

There is one reason and one reason only you'd want a major token requiring attachment hoser. Secret of the Elder Mind. :eek: I soiled myself a little just thinking about it. The problem is that you are up against Mind Munch. You still have a 50% chance of getting hit with it and if that happens, say goodbye to your expensive new armor at the end of turn. Arrogant Armor is the real solution but only for non-wizards. For wizards, you basically just have to live with the attachments or run a bunch of Purges. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Boltswap Robes (R), Drakehide Robes (U) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. All my wizards have enough trouble budgeting major tokens as it is so I definitely don't need an expensive robe with a mediocre effect. I fully expect them to buff Mystical Wyrmhide to something crazy now.

Quick Buckler- Wedge Shield is better.
    Spitting Flames- Hot Flames is going to be worse than Firestarter most of the time. The armor you'll see most is Reliable Mail so damage will end up the same but you don't get the bonus damage on unarmored targets. Flame Spit isn't good enough to replace traits either.
    Trained Toughness- There are much better Toughness skills. For a minor token I'd go with either Raging Rock or Advanced Toughness.

Notable Rares
    Acrobat's Aegis- Two high impact blocks with one of the least harmful handicaps to cycle you to them.
    Sticky Slippers- Great against control wizards or simple as a trait cycling item. Fun fact: Immovable prevents the push in Pushback Parry.

19. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Gloomthirst
    There is no better divine weapon for card draw than Gloomthirst. While the draw take a while, you accumulate a big edge over your opponent at no tempo loss past the initial casting. The delayed card draw also has the hidden upside of getting around the hand size limit at end of turn. If movement is king in Card Hunter, card advantage is the power behind the throne. Games are won and lost by how many cards you play and simply drawing more cards gets you a long way towards a win. Highly recommend purchasing.

Unholy Energy and Accelerated Thought take 4 rounds to fully resolve. If it takes you 4 rounds to complete a module you are doing it wrong. There are a couple of exceptions like the level 18 modules of doom but I always end up using an Impenatrable Nimbus spammer. I'd be interested to know if anyone uses these draw spells for the grindier levels. For now I will just go with my gut and pass on Gloomthirst for singleplayer.

Substitutes
    Coruscating Blade (R) (minortoken)(minortoken), Quickmind Spear (C) (majortoken)(minortoken), Unholy Cudgel (E) (majortoken)(minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I already found/bought 2 copies. Unholy Energy takes a long time to fully resolve so if you pack too many in your build you will likely wind up with too much of a good thing.

Chadwick's Clogs- Worse than Vira's Shoes and equally as unplayable.
    Cleansing Diamond- Decent Cleansing item but if you are using Cleansing effects proactively for modules or leagues where you expect a lot of terrain attachments you will likely want something more substantial with Cleansing Bursts.
    Dragonslayer Sword- Too token heavy for the attacks you get out of it. There are better ways to get both Sundering Strike and Impaling Stab.

Notable Rares
    Emberfloat Mantle- Very few robes have Sparkling Cloth Armor and even fewer have Firestorm.

20. Accent

Accent Hydra

Rebel7284 likes this.