The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Czint's Buckler
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    Perfectly fine tokenless but unremarkable shield. Subtle Parry does not draw a card often enough for me to want it over another all purpose block. I would look to get Eeygonnic's Shield or Snitrick's Shield instead. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    If you're gonna play a block melee shield you may as well just suit up with Twisting Shield or Hexagon Shield. Same great taste with half the calories. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Icicle Shield (E), Big Ash Shield (E)
    The Daily Deal

Hasek's Icy Ring- The worst of the double Cone Of Cold arcane items. I would wait for one of the other ones to pop up.
    Naradoc's Boots- Solid pair of boots but most opt for tokenless Flanking Move boots like Mouse Boots.
    Tochtli Boots- I've been seeing more and more Brutal Charges being played. Even though it's very hard to mask an impending Charge, at worst it's a long range move card on open maps.

Notable Rares
    Enormous Mattock- You are basically locked into playing these with either Arrogant Armor or Lateral Thinking but you get 4 great attacks and deck size reduction for your troubles.
    Focused Teleportation- You won't want to use it often but it's a nice one to have for special builds. If you are incredibly short on gold, pass on this in favor of Electroporter Novice.

Pawndawan and Sir Veza like this.
  2. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I would never use Focused Teleportation outside of a crazy volcano build or something; but there is Novice Teleportation trait, (minortoken) Portal Frock robe, or Robe Of Lightness for two Hover that I would consider first.

Just want to say, Naradoc's Boots are like combining the goodness of Goat Boots with the sweetness of Mouse Boots; you may be paying a token but the cards are actually worth it! I use these for Death March.

PS: Maybe a naradoc is a goat/mouse hybrid? :confused:

Magic Elves likes this.
  3. Ector

Ector Hydra

Yess!!! The Lunginator!!!
    The Lunginator 5?!/4. This is the best crushing weapon in the game. It's balanced pretty well and has precious tech like step attacks and block dumping. Combined with Crusher, The Lunginator becomes extremely powerful. Moreover, it stacks extremely well, up to the three copies on one character. See my thread about it on Deckbuilding forums (thanks again Bandreus for testing my build and preventing the thread from degrading to personal level!) You cannot skip The Lunginator! Well, unless you already have three copies :)

Crown Of Mad Eskin 3/5. Not as good as the tokenless Firestorm legendaries, but one of the best items you can get for a token. All cards are good in SP.
    Eixocl's Hammer 4/4. In MP, this weapon offers great mobility, Dodge, Blind Rage and bashing. The tech is so rich that it easily overcomes small damage. The Hammer is very popular even at the highest ELO levels. In SP, bashing a huge monster away is often a lifesaver... if you're playing warriors in SP, of course.
    Sturdy Mail 3/3. Decent, but there are better alternatives. Weak Armor is really weak.

Notable rares are:
    Emberfloat Mantle - really nice tokenless armor, especially in SP, where you can escape the melee monsters with Sparkling Cloth Armor, and the rest cards are very useful too :)
    Raging Brute - a nice skill of you need some extra movement.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

@Ector - Gratz on Lunginator in the DD. :) How many do you have now?

5. Ector

Ector Hydra

Thanks. This one is my first, alas. I need at least one more to test them myself.

6. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

The Lunginator
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    I've reviewed it in the past and I'm still not high on it but I won't ignore concrete results. Clearly, The Lunginator is capable of winning but I'm not convinced that it's due to the power level of the weapon rather than the skills of the person wielding it. For those that are interested, you can find @Bandreus' thorough reporting of testing results here. I have a very biased opinion of Lunging Bash so I doubt I will ever be able to give The Lunginator a ringing endorsement. I would suggest you read through the excellent match reports and decide for yourselves whether or not The Lunginator is right for you.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    This one I am very sure about. You want all the damage you can get for warriors and messing around with Lunging Bashes is just a waste of time. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Riptide (E) (majortoken)(minortoken), Basher's Delight (E) (majortoken)(majortoken)

Mad Eskin's Crown- Very nice option for Firestorm farming. I used these frequently before acquiring better options.
    Eixocl's Hammer- While relatively low damage, Eixocl's Hammer makes up for it by giving you Blind Rage and the ability to take over occupied victory points.
    Sturdy Mail- The worst double Reliable Mail heavy armor. Wait for one of the better ones if you can.

Notable Rares
    Club Of Devastation- Best way to get Devastating Blow for Elvish Insight comboing.
    Emberfloat Mantle- The poor man's Firehide Robes.
    Storm Circlet- The worst Firestorm item but still worth it at 100 gold for fledgling Firestormers.

Pawndawan, Bandreus and Sir Veza like this.
  7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

When it comes to SP, I wouldn't buy Lunginator. IMHO Heavyweight Mace is a much better crushing weapon in SP. (if you need such a weapon) And it also works well with Bruiser

8. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

For some reason this forum (and probably others) did not pop up in my alerts when someone commented - any suggestion why?

9. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

It only shows the alert the first time someone posts since you've visited the thread (while logged in). So what might have happened is this: you got an alert for this thread a few days go; you looked at the alert, but decided not to check the thread because you'd already read it recently, or you were busy, or whatever. After that, you won't get any more alerts until you open the thread. So even though there have been lots of new posts since you saw the original alert, you won't get a new alert until you actually visit the thread.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  10. Ector

Ector Hydra

This is exactly a definition of a Tier 1 item (or a Tier 1 card in other CCGs). A Tier 1 item is an item that would provide an "ideal player" an advantage on all other "ideal players" playing non-Tier 1 items. I mean, if you make absolutely no mistakes, and the opponent doesn't make them as well, and both of you have roughly the same luck, you win more games with the better items. (Yes, it would be better to talk about "better parties" here, but the idea should be clear.)
    You actually declared The Lunginator a Tier 1 item :)

11. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

makes sense and thats probably what happened, thanks

12. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I am absolutely certain The Lunginator is not Tier 1. It would see rampant play if it is and it does not. A better weapon that fits your description is Vibrant Pain.

13. Ector

Ector Hydra

The only reason The Lunginator didn't "see rampant play" yet is the number of legendary items needed. The most effective build needs three Lunginators and Focused Crushing. How many players having all these legendaries do you know? I know only Bandreus :)
    Vibrant Pain doesn't require such many specific items; all you need is some Blind Rages and some Mass Frenzy from your priest. All the needed items are well-known and proven, and all the top-level players have them for a long time. Lunginator is a hidden gem, so many players missed the opportunities to buy them. Most of them regret about that now, some prefer to think they were right until they get crushed by Lunginators :)
    I am pretty sure that Lunginator is Tier 1, along with Vibrant Pain and Bejeweled Shortsword. To prove that, I will try to help Bandreus to build an optimal party for Lunginators (not in this thread for sure). For now, let's concentrate on buying The Lunginator until it would be too late :)

14. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I can say one thing for absolute certain;
    This ^ is not true.

Lunginator is pretty good, the thing that sets it apart is that it costs one major token less than Basher's Delight. It's 2500 G for a little more flexibility.

It's not surprising that Bashes are effective against basic Bejewelled/Strongarm warriors. There are just so few Bash Weapons that have a fair cost and/or enough mobility. Lunging Bash is a surprisingly good card, and with Bruiser it often hits for 6 with a lower cost than Vicious Thrust.

And so, if you're looking for a really nice legendary weapon with Bashes, pick up a Lunginator for some nice tech. Just don't get sucked into the idea that you need 3 on a warrior. I've had plenty of success playing one or two, max. It's balanced enough that you could run three but I find myself wanting to use something else in the third slot like Vibrant Pain or Eixocl's Hammer or Crazy Sal's Halberd.

Youbo likes this.
  15. Ector

Ector Hydra

Sorry, but I don't see your argument at all. You agree that The Lunginator is more cost effective than Basher's Delight, but mysteriously refuse to agree that three Lunginators is the most effective build. You cannot have three Delights, and you cannot even have two Delights + The Lunginator. You can have success playing two or less Lunginators, but three would be better. You can even have some success in bashing without Lunginators, but it would be better with them.

16. X_Sauron_X

X_Sauron_X Mushroom Warrior

Lunginator purchased. Purely on the fact that I've read so much about it that I just feel I need to have it (just in case). I did pickup a Basher's Delight in a MP Gold Chest yesterday and I also have a Hammer Of Bashing. I'll probably try to do something with a Bashing Warrior soon - if nothing else my ELO will drop from the dizzying heights of 1150 to 1000 probably. :)

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Shall I close this thread until *omitted* is no longer in the daily deal?

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Goodness, NO! Let 'em squawk. There are plenty of more useful threads for people to read if they prefer them.
    Every forum needs some Irreconcilable Differences threads.

19. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Yeah, Elemer's Diadem is bound to cause some heated discussions - so maybe we should try to stay quiet until tomorrow.

Sir Veza likes this.
  20. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge