The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Tlaloc's Stormplate
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    There is only one way to get Grounding Plates for a priest and you're looking at it. Immunity to Electricity just isn't all that important. Spark wizards make up an incredibly small portion of the metagame and any spark wizard worth his or her salt knows to pack armor removal for Resistant Hide. Grounding Plates just gets caught in the crossfire. On the plus side, Grounding Plates also happens to be the best armor card you can get on a minor token divine armor. However, Tlaloc's Stormplate still isn't the most well armored divine armor. That distinction belongs to Cintxotl Mail. And that's if you decide to spend a token on divine armor at all. Most priests have all their tokens devoted to support cards like buffs and team movement. Even the notoriously token light vamps don't spend the token on divine armor for damage prevention. They usually designate that token for Frenzy Aura instead. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Grounding Plates allows your priest to become a lightning rod against spark heavy mobs like Wyverns but those are few and far between. It also doesn't help that those levels tend to be near the top of everyone's "Please don't land there today Loot Fairy" list. It's much cheaper to rely on Resistant Hide or Grounding Plates on a warrior. Better yet, spam Impenetrable Nimbus and be "immune" to pretty much anything. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Cintxotl Mail (E) (minortoken)

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I use the one I found all the time against the aforementioned spark heavy mobs but it is definitely a luxury more than a necessity. I would not buy it even if I hadn't managed to find one.

Epics
    Axe Of Evasion- The only reason anyone would want Axe of Evasion is to create the awe inspiring 6 attack warrior.
    Pirate's Rapier- Interesting top end, downright awful low end. If there is a pirate themed expansion in the works, the developers better step up their game.
    Tochtli Boots- If you are a true fan of Brutal Charge, hold out for Boots Of Etzicatl. Otherwise, use the slightly less Brutal but way more powerful Diamond Moccasins.

Notable Rares
    Ebony Prayer Beads- Fantastic card draw. If you aren't afraid of a little self damage, Incense Of The Caged Demon is more efficient.
    Sacrificial Axe- Good tokenless divine weapon for trait cycling. Pressing Bash allows you priest to play keep away and take over victory squares. Use Vampire's Blade if you want trait cycling that doesn't leave your priest Vulnerable.
    Spellstripper Relic- There's no such thing as too many Purging Bursts. Well there is, but it's better than not having enough.
    Yolotli Armor- Even though there are a bunch more worthy major token heavy armors now, Yolotli Armor is still the original and has aged fairly well.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Snitrick's Shield
    Snitrick's Shield is a member of the highly exclusive tokenless all purpose blocking shield club. However, it is worse than Eeygonnic's Shield in my opinion. Encumber just isn't as useful as it use to be when it could still Halt. That said, Snitrick's Shield is still one of only two tokenless shields that blocks anything no questions asked and Encumber does have its moments. I wouldn't fault anyone for purchasing Snitrick's Shield but I would wait for Eeygonnic's Shield.

Don't buy legendary shields. You can get by just fine with melee and magic/projectile only blocks. There are plenty of fantastic lower rarity shields for both. Save your gold for stuff that boosts your offense.Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Big Ash Shield (E), Icicle Shield (E), Underdog's Shield (E)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I've got a full set of Eeygonnic's Shield for when I need tokenless shields.

Epics
    Bloodfoot Robes- Path Of Knives isn't hard to get and doesn't combo with Arcane Aura.
    St. Well's Powermace- You never know what you're going to draw next but it's guaranteed to be something impressive.
    Ztoli Idol- You never know what you're going to draw next but it's guaranteed to suck.

Notable Rares
    Focused Electromancy- It's usually correct to just run the tokenless Electroporter Novice but sometimes you want the extra attack buffing traits.
    Focused Piety- Drawing cards is good. Drawing cards from doing stuff you were going to do anyways is even better.
    Tempest Robes- For when 12 Whirlwind effects from arcane items just isn't enough.

3. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Czint's Buckler
    Perfectly fine tokenless but unremarkable shield. Subtle Parry does not draw a card often enough for me to want it over an all purpose block. I would look to get Eeygonnic's Shield or Snitrick's Shield instead. Would not purchase.

If you're gonna play a block melee shield you may as well just suit up with Twisting Shield or Hexagon Shield. Same great taste with half the calories. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Icicle Shield (E), Big Ash Shield (E)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. If I wouldn't buy Snitrick's Shield I'm certainly not going to buy the more Subtle version.

Epics
    Rockshard Robes- If you're looking for a little extra kick from your Resistant Hide robes and aren't a burning wizard, Rockshard Robes is it. Get Forceful Robes if you want to go the controlly route.
    Spacemartyr's Relic- One of the better Inspiring Presence divine items. I would put Skull Of Savage Iljin and Xlaka's Sacred Bundle in the top spots but Spacemartyr's Relic is a close third.
    Unbalanced Doloire- Another third best item, this time for tokenless weapon. However, Unbalanced Dolorie isn't even in the same ballpark as The Strongarm and Blazing Shortsword.

Notable Rares
    Mark 2 Broadsword- Yet another item where someone threw random cards into a blender and hit frappe. Nowhere near as consistent as Bejeweled Shortsword but with a suite of individually powerful cards it is undoubtedly a blast to play with.

4. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Hand Of Melvelous
    One of 3 acceptable divine items for a vamp priest. Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud and Flax's Thirsty Vial are epics that do slightly more damage but have a range 1 Enervating Touch. Glasod's Dark Skull does slightly more damage and has all ranged attacks but costs a minor token. Between Vampire's Blade and the tokenless divine items you will usually have a couple of leftover tokens to play with so the token discount from Hand of Melvelous isn't as helpful. That said, all 3 items are so similar that all you should be looking to do is get any combination of the 3 as soon as possible. If you're strapped for gold and don't mind waiting, I would look to get the epics. If you already have enough vamp items there really isn't a reason to "upgrade" with another Hand of Melvelous. Would purchase if you've got the gold, need another vamp item, and don't want to wait.

Raise your Hand of Melvelous if you didn't switch out an item immediately for it as soon as it dropped. For all those with their hands raised...wait, do you smell that? I'm getting a hint of pants on fire. There are a ton of crappy tokenless divine items and the odds of getting 3 great ones in your first playthrough are astronomically low. While having vamp attacks is great it also isn't necessary. If you're careful you can slog the lower levels with just about anything on your priest. Once you have access to tokens, buffs are the way to go. The only reasons to pick up Hand of Melvelous are if you want to make a vamp priest or you want to even out the now one handed Melvelous. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Flax's Thirsty Vial (E), Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud (E)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Yes, buy not today. Hand of Melvelous was not only the first legendary I found but also one of the first that I bought. I was young, reckless, and didn't know Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud existed. Oh, and anyone looking to go vamping can add Draining Console to the list of acceptable divine items.

Epics
    Long-handled Mace- Unlike the new grab bag power weapons, Long-handled Mace doesn't have particularly good or unique attacks to make up for the randomness.
    St. Well's Powermace- Speak of the devil. St. Well's Powermace is a grab bag power weapon if I ever saw one.
    Trained Combustion- Half the reason to go with a burning wizard is for the incredibly potent Firestarter. Not only are you down two traits but you're also stuck with the underwhelming Hot Flames.

Notable Rares
    Buckler Of Protection- Slightly less card draw than Parrying Buckler but way better against wizards. Well, the less Tasty ones anyways.
    Frosty Staff- One of the best cold staves. If you're planning on running Cone Of Cold arcane items you may want Staff Of Winter instead.
    Ironwood Staff Of The Magus- The original anti-melee staff. Staff Of Chask is the more cost effective option but who can resist Nimble Strike on a wizard?
    Stormward Pauldrons- Has Grounding Plates for the odd spark heavy modules and 3 high armor value armors for Enchanted Harness play. Look for Mail Of Absorption if you want electricity Immunity without the Encumber from Heavy Armor.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  5. I bought a Hand to wield my Darkforce Nunchaku even though I have more than enough Flax Vials and Wuuna's. I hope to one day to replace all my vamps' hands with Melvelous'. :D The extra range just makes sucking so much easier.

6. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Vira's Shimmering Robes
    Shimmering Aura is a dead card way too often too play in the average build. The one deck it worked in,Firestorm, is no longer viable and Vira's Shimmering Robes wasn't even the best choice for robes. If you want to shut down wizard attacks go with Resistant Hide. You can only have one copy in your deck but once you draw it you will be nearly invincible against spell slingers. Would not purchase.

Are you tired of killing yourself with your own Firestorms? Do you wish that there was a robe that was half decent at protecting yourself? Well tough cookies. You are going to play Firehide Robes and you are going to like it. If you are truly having problems staying alive try getting Reliable Mail boots like Kerrick's Steel Bootsor using an Impenetrable Nimbus priest. There is no reason to buy Vira's Shimmering Robes when there are plenty of Resistant Hide robes available. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Shimmerwing Robe (E) (minortoken), Imp-proof Robes (C)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. Even with Resistant Hide usefulness being at an all time low and Shimmering Aura preventing damage from terrain, Vira's Shimmering Robes still has 3 Shimmering Auras too many.

Epics
    Battered Holy Mail- Fine if you really want the double Reliable Mail though it's usually correct to save the token and go with Dark Chain Shirt.
    Staff Of Glowing Coals- Too many weak filler cards to consider playing.
    Voltstaff- Staff Of Chask is generally going to be the better anti-melee staff.

Notable Rares
    Acrobat's Aegis- Two great blocks and a cycling trait.
    Powermace- Strong attacks with some interesting spells thrown in.
    Sacrificial Axe- Tokenless divine weapon for trait cycling. Get Vampire's Blade if you're willing to give up the utility of Pressing Bashes for a bit more durability.

7. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I have been winging it with the Notable Rares section for quite some time now. Right now, it's a mix of things I think are playable, powerful, or useful. I'd like to put some guidelines in place so I don't feel bad about mentioning an item I'm on the fence one (I'm looking at you Powermace). What would people find most useful? Should I only list the best of the best? Good value purchases? Stuff I actually use? Stuff I would buy myself if I were just starting out? A combination of those things? Some other criteria I haven't thought of? Let me know what you'd find most useful and I'll do my best to accommodate.

8. degensquared

degensquared War Monkey

Hi, peon

Just wanted to say first: thanks so much for doing these reviews each day. I don't think I could play the game to the level I currently do without the advice on gear I find here.

As for your question:
    I think it would be a shame to only list the best of the best. Since your reviews are an invaluable resource for people just getting started sifting through all the available equipment in the game, I'd love to see anything remotely playable mentioned, along side what would be an upgrade for it. That being said, if you're not too crazy about an item and on the fence, just let us know, too! I don't mean to ask you to do any more work than you already give, but the more info you give, the more informed we'll be. I'd say if you're unsure, say more!

Keep up the great work!

Han Lee, seth arue, Pawndawan and 2 others like this.
  9. Fry

Fry Ogre

Certainly you should mention anything that's a cheaper alternative for a notable legendary/epic. Or if it's something that opens up a build/style. Probably don't worry about mentioning rares that are average or bad, IMO the default assumption should be "don't buy rares."

Powermace seems like a reasonable mention, possibly as a weaker/differently focused version of St. Well's Powermace that got a nod a few days ago?

10. medetec

medetec Kobold

Thanks for all the reviews, they've been super helpful (I have your recap 300 bookmarked). For the rares, I'd say anything that's either worth actually playing in a build or serves as a budget alternative to a useful legendary should be mentioned.

Also, Wym's Lavastaff is on the deal today. Looking forward to the review :3

11. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Yes!!!

I've been waiting for this over a Year! It's the best FS Staff there is and it doesn't hurt that it also has two Volcanos :D

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Wym's Lavastaff
    Wym's Lavastaff is the best staff for Firestorm and the second best staff for Volcano. Firestorm has not been particularly viable in a long time. Not only do you need to send your wizard into the fray to get within 5 square of the opposing team but Firestorm wizards are also traditionally control light. While they have the tokens to load up on defensive cards like Violent Spin and Toughness, not being able to rely on spells like Telekinesis makes them sitting ducks. Volcano wizards tend to fair better. There isn't a great way to load up on their signature spell in the arcane item slot so they're free to run whatever they fancy. Wym's Lavastaff isn't as reliable as Mordecai's Staff Of Magma when it comes to Volcanoes but the lower token cost allows you to use major tokens. However, before you rush off to make a Volcano wizard (or Firestorm for that matter), it should be noted that both strategies are currently very poorly positioned. The elf warrior menace has the speed to rush a Firestorm wizard within the first few turns and they are pretty much guaranteed to be packing Step attacks like Vicious Thrust that naturally counter Volcanoes. If you're still up for the challenge, there is no substitute for Wym's Lavastaff. Would purchase if you're looking to build a Firestorm or Volcano wizard.

Wym's Lavastaff will single-handedly speed up farming more than any other item period. Only requiring minor tokens allows you to play it in all but the lowest level modules so you are definitely getting your money's worth. If you regularly play singleplayer at all, there is no reason why you shouldn't pick it up. If fact, stop reading this right now and buy it. What are you still doing here? Scram. Highly recommend purchasing.

Substitutes
    None

Did Peon Buy It?
    Does a Sharkbear defecate in the woods? I'm at 4 now and I don't use triple wizards for farming mid to high levels so that'll be it for me.

Epics
    Frozen Shield- The poor man's Azan's Icy Bulwark. Icy Block doesn't have a big enough effect to spend a major token on. If you really want a shield to get your beats on/slow down the beats, I would go for Surging Shield Block instead. The effect is more ephemeral but actually moving yourself tends to be stronger and you only need a minor token for Wedge Shield.
    Lochaber Axe- Not the powerhouse it once was but you'd be hard-pressed to find a more mobile weapon that doesn't require major tokens.
    Pethochl's Sword- Decent but you usually expect more damage or utility out of your double major token weapons. I would try White Katana or Troll's Ire for cheaper to equip sources of Sundering Strike.

Notable Rares
    Hexagon Shield (BV)- One of the best tokenless shields. If you want a shield with all purpose blocks try Underdog's Shield. Eeygonnic's Shield is the legendary "upgrade" but Hexagon Shield comes out on top against melee, especially if you manage to catch a Step attack. If 100g is still too rich for your blood try Twisting Shield.
    Infected (U)- Props to @j3st3ri for this shambling masterpiece. While double Shuffle makes even the slowest dwarves cringe, the big payoff is the big goodbye present your human dishes out before biting the dust. Festering Gut is essentially an 18 damage unblockable Burst 2 attack so there is nothing quite like it. Getting your opponent to hit your infected human is dubious at best so you will need to do most of the heavy lifting. Might I suggest Viscous Locket or Tome Of The Withering Source? If all else fails, you've got a pseudo Force Field for 3 turns.
    Inspired Command (P)- Inspirational Thinking is the most powerful draw effect in the game so it gets paired with less than stellar cards. The difference with Inspired Command is that Shuffle, Team! and Subtle Parry, while weak, are moderately useful. If you like "going big or going home" strategies this may just be the skill for you.
    Perfect Ferocity (NU)- There is one reason and one reason only to pick Frenzy Aura over double Blind Rage dwarf skills and it isn't the bad Rusty Armor impression. Adding Penetrating to melee attacks is crucial for vamp priests. They have lower damage attacks that get doubly screwed over by damage prevention since every point of damage dealt is a 2 point life swing. Having access to 2 Frenzy Auras is the biggest reason to go dwarf with your vamps so Perfect Ferocity is a must for short bloodsuckers.
    Savvy Attacker (BU)- Warrior traits are bland and underwhelming so finding something better to do than a slight damage boost with your martial skill slot is often correct. Not only does Team Walk add much needed mobility to a melee team but it is only otherwise found on boots. Savvy Attacker is the most powerful and commonly played minor token martial skill. A must have for anyone who plays warriors.
    Yolotli Armor (U)- If there's one thing that Enchanted Harness loves it's armors with triggered effects and Barbed Platemail is the daddy of them all. To get both cards on the same heavy armor is just icing on the cake. If you've ever wanted to build around Enchanted Harness, Yolotli Armor is a good place to start.

(B)est of the Best
    Who need legendaries and epics when you have rares like these? This item is not only powerful but also fits in well established multiplayer or farming archetypes.

(N)iche
    This is a great item but fits in a very specific build. You should only consider purchasing if you have that particular strategy in your sights.

(P)layable
    Not the best. Not the worst. This item is simply solid all around and I believe could see play. If that isn't enough of a ringing endorsement then I don't know what is. Oh, and you can go ahead and assume that any item that falls into other categories is playable as well. I will not list things that I would not be willing to play myself.

(U)nique
    There is nothing quite like this item. Its cards or combination of cards are not found on other items of the same slot or not on other items period. If this item catches your fancy you should take a second look because you won't find anything similar elsewhere.

(V)alue
    There may be better options but this item won't bust your piggy bank.

In the interest of my own sanity I'm going to start copying repeats for rares. As with all my reviews, these are personal opinions so I'll inevitably leave off someone's pet rare. If you're wondering why ignored a rare feel free to ask. I will mention items in the future if people make a compelling enough case for them but I reserve the right to be infallible leave off items.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    Wocket, Sir Veza, timeracers and 4 others like this.
  13. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

The one day that I didnt double dip DD because of Halloween - and there is an item that I want in shop... OH COMON!

14. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I missed it as well. :(

15. Fry

Fry Ogre

inorite?

Infected in DD on the first day, so you can get two right from the jump (three if you double dipped). Guess we won't have to wait long to see what this does to MP...

timeracers likes this.
  16. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Am I the only one who thinks that this will be amazing in SP?

17. Fry

Fry Ogre

It'll be pretty good there, too (maybe a reason to farm with Human wizards instead of Dwarf Wizards?) but SP balance isn't nearly as big a concern as MP.

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I've been off the grid, and if I hadn't checked in I'd have missed it entirely. Prime account now at 4, second at 2.

19. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Brin's Spiked Rod
    Stone Spikes is a fine card, especially for paper quality. Counterspell is not as fowl as I originally thought now that I've played with it a few times (thanks Quick Draw for making me to play cards I otherwise wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole). You still need line of sight and priority for the optimal payoff but it's so rarely used that no one plays around it. You will almost always be facing a buff priest or wizard so Counterspell is not likely to be completely dead but being useless against warriors is a massive downside. Brin's Spike Rod is good for being tokenless but it is not something I'd be thankful for. Would not purchase.

Brin's Spiked Rod gets a lot weaker in singleplayer. Not only does Stone Spikes not do enough when you are outnumbered but there are plenty of double Firestorm options to choose from for your tokenless arcane item needs. Don't be a turkey. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Rod Of Palver Pree (E), Runcible's Bracelet (E)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. Counterspell is too situational of a card and Stone Spikes is very easy to get if you really want it.

Epics
    Mercury Stone- Hypnotic Beacon and Firestorm pull the item in different directions and Teleport Self always seems like a random inclusion on an arcane item. I would much rather run more focused Hypnotic Beacon items like Command Stone or Overheated Mesmerizer. If you want Teleport Self to get into Firestorming position I'd go with Morbo's Pendant for the cheaper equip cost.
    St. Glist's Charm- Accelerated Thought puts you up 2 cards. The two Mind Worms brings that advantage crashing down to zero. I would try Ebony Prayer Beads or Incense Of The Caged Demon instead.
    Staff Of The Firegod- Decent staff but Searing Pain is way more Firebally and Ember Burst staves are much more consistent for burning wizards.

Notable Rares
    Command (V)- Sprint, Team! is bonkers when you draw it early but quickly becomes overkill as the game progresses. This makes Perfect Command the most common choice with two medium ranged team movement cards albeit for a major token. The best Sprint, Team! skill is Bloody Command since it doesn't have a dead draw that leads to a massive tempo loss, particularly for offensive melee characters. That said, Sprint, Team! is powerful and rare enough that Command is a passable substitute that is occasionally preferable on support characters due to the additional team movement card.
    Ritual Straps (B)- Ritual Straps is one of the best tokenless divine armors. It helps keep you alive and ahead on cards with Lifesaving Block, gives you access to the incredibly useful Purging Burst, and all while allowing you to use your tokens elsewhere. If I could buy and play only one divine armor, Ritual Straps would be it. It is that good.

(B)est of the Best
    Who need legendaries and epics when you have rares like these? This item is not only powerful but also fits in well established multiplayer or farming archetypes.

(N)iche
    This is a great item but fits in a very specific build. You should only consider purchasing if you have that particular strategy in your sights.

(P)layable
    Not the best. Not the worst. This item is simply solid all around and I believe could see play. If that isn't enough of a ringing endorsement then I don't know what is. Oh, and you can go ahead and assume that any item that falls into other categories is playable as well. I will not list things that I would not be willing to play myself.

(U)nique
    There is nothing quite like this item. Its cards or combination of cards are not found on other items of the same slot or not on other items period. If this item catches your fancy you should take a second look because you won't find anything similar elsewhere.

(V)alue

Sir Veza likes this.
  20. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Inara's Boots
    Escaping Run is useful as a move that occasionally cycles when you're next to an enemy. I don't like it for support characters or wizards. You don't usually send them near the other team so Escaping Runs end up being Runs or getting discarded. Melee characters that have an incentive to get next to enemies get the most use out of them. That being said, Inara's Boots are near the bottom of the double Escaping Run boot hierarchy. Chain Harness is such a small upgrade from Weakened Armor that I would easily get Lum's Moccasins instead. Would not purchase.

It's a lot easier to draw cards with Escaping Run in singleplayer but it's also a waste of time. I would much rather just use Sticky Slippers. You only need Escaping Runs as movement against ranged characters in which case you'll want better move cards. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Lum's Moccasins (E) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I've heard good things about Reynoldo's Boots though so I might pick them up if they ever pop up.

Epics
    Battered Holy Mail- Double Reliable Mail is never going to be bad but it likely won't be worth spending tokens on over priest spells. Support priests tend not to engage in combat too often so investing in armor isn't nearly as good as it would be for a warrior. It's also worth noting that Cintxotl Mail has the same armor prevention but also has fringe benefits against melee.
    Lt. Morrison's Helmet- The unholy lovechild of Forrtescue's Feathered Cap and Wenham's Leather Coif without the actual good card, Sprint, Team!.
    Terxe's Medallion- Cause Fumble is a neat card but other two are decidedly not. If you wan to play with Cause Fumble, try to get Crespin's Shroud instead.

Notable Rares
    Demon Charm Of The 3rd Circle (P)- If you want more cards and you want them now, nothing quite compares to Demonic Power. Unlike the vast majority of Demonic Power items, Demon Charm of the 3rd Circle has no truely bad cards. Sure Demonic Feedback is painful but it at least replaces itself. If you can swing the major token, Portable Battery and Tainted Terraformer also offer Demonic Power sans awful cards while Demon Charm Of The 7th Circle gives you the Frenzy buff all-star Unholy Wellspring. You could also go the tokenless route with Demon Charm Of The 2nd Circle for the same overall card advantage but lower card quality.
    Ebony Prayer Beads (V)- While a little slow and vulnerable as attachments, the card draw that Ebony Prayer Beads offers is almost unparalleled for a minor token divine item. Though a bit painful, you can get similar card advantage from Incense Of The Caged Demon which benefits from a cycling trait. If you have a major token available the obvious upgrade would be Mokad's Reeking Skull.
    Focused Electromancy (P)- Spark Generator is obviously a powerful card for spark and arcane wizards alike. What keeps Focused Electromancy from receiving the coveted Best of the Best rating is the power curve demolishing Electroporter Novice. You get much of the same attack boost and, more importantly, trait cycling at no token cost. For a major token, spark wizards also have the option of using Superb Electromancy which gives you an advance in your damage output in the form of Obliterating Spark.
    Staff Of Winter (N)- There are staves with better cold spells, there are staves with bigger variety of cold spells, but no other cold staff has the same level of consistency and damage. While packing the odd cold spell isn't unheard of, cold wizards themselves aren't very popular. Other good options include Frosty Staff, which trades damage for encumbrance stacking potential against 4+ movement and Staff Of The Arctic, which trade even more damage for a better chance to hit the rest of your team multiple targets.

(B)est of the Best

(N)iche

(P)layable

(U)nique

(V)alue

Han Lee likes this.