The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Lesser Contagion is a straight one for one so the only advantage it offers is buffing 2 characters at once. Contagion is obviously better but I suspect if either card were found on items they would be vastly overvalued and paired with subpar cards. Neither would be worth playing if that were the case.

2. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

NIMBUUUUUS. Ahem. I like that combo. =)

BlackVoidDeath and Sir Veza like this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

And Hyper-Accelerated Wormhole Charge. Oops, can't talk about that here.
    Um. And Unholy Wellspring.

4. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Ozone Plates
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    My general rule for item evaluation when it comes to stuff with bad cards is you need two good cards for every bad one. Similarly, a god awful card like Rusty Armor needs two fantastic cards like Toughness. I would say that Chain Harness falls under the former since it is weak as opposed to nearly useless. Grounding Plates is great so it all comes down to how much you like Lunging Bash. Some people think Lunging Bash is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think it actively clashes with what most warriors want to do, which is kill things with short range attacks with huge numbers in the corner. If you want another copy of Lunging Bash from your heavy armor knock yourself out but I wouldn't purchase.

Peon's Prescription for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Bashes in general get significantly worse when there are no victory squares. Without the added utility of Bashing things out of position you are left with a weak attack that makes it harder for you to land subsequent attacks. Grounding Plates is essential for beating Wyverns and Wisps but you can easily find it on rares. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Mail Of Absorption (R) (minortoken), Stormward Pauldrons (R) (minortoken): Grounding Plates
    Ogre Plate (E) (minortoken): Lunging Bash

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I've already found two. I'm sure I'll find the third before I'll ever feel the need to make triple Lunging Bash warriors.

Booming Ring- Best tokenless Path Of Knives arcane item. Path of Knives is not the most popular but it does see play.
    Flaming Sword- Not enough better than Blazing Shortsword to warrant the increased token cost.
    Ripping Mace- Solid divine weapon with great attacks and spells. P.S. Lunging Bash on a support priest is the bee's knees.

Notable Rares
    Rageblood Dagger- One of the best weapons for double minor tokens. Particularly useful for Elven Maneuvers but just about any warrior will benefit from it.
    Skipping Boots- Solid tokenless boots. Healing Dash is highly sought after by vamps.

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

The Bludgeonator
    The Bludgeonator is an Infused Greatclub that charges you a major token for 5 extra damage. Not only has Infused Greatclub fallen out of favor but warriors are the most difficult class to budget major tokens with. Wizards and priests have amazing weapons and items that cost little or no major tokens. Warriors on the other hand have a relatively small pool of playable weapons that don't require major tokens. That major token could be the difference between an amazing Bejeweled Shortsword and a much less shiny The Lunginator. #Bejeweledruleslunginatordrools Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Would I use The Bludgeonator if I had one? Of course, I use Infused Greatclub all the time, even in higher level modules. Would I pay for one? Sure, just as soon as I finish going in against this Sicilian. Death is on the line. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Infused Greatclub (R) (minortoken)(minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I never even use Infused Greatclub in multiplayer anymore and I'm too cheap to pay for a couple more points of damage.

Scintillating Robes- Shimmering Aura sucks. Energizing Move on a wizard isn't too hot either.
    Trog Melter- This is one of two tokenless sources of armor removal if you don't count Acid Blast, and I don't. It's also good to note that armor removal from Melt Armor is unblockable and Trog Melter is the only item that has it.
    Untrained Tactics- Lateral Thinking is a deceivingly bad card. The other two are clearly bad.

Notable Rares
    Defensive Buckler- Best block in the game on a minor token shield. Loner can sometimes screw you but it is generally harmless if you can keep it in mind.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I disagree, subtle parry is fine but it isn't anywhere near impressive.

peonprop likes this.
  7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Minor mistake here; Armorbane Pendant is tokenless and I use them all the time in SP.

peonprop likes this.
  8. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Ok, "clearly bad" may be a little harsh but I really do think Subtle Parry sucks. Narrow cards need to be better than their general purpose counterparts or they aren't worth playing. Card draw off of an attack that most people buff out of range or don't even play doesn't count. Also, If anyone was wondering why I think Lateral Thinking is bad I was going to talk about it but then I realized I'd have nothing left for Focused Stinker.

Oops, I knew I was forgetting something but I missed it when I did a quick glance of tokenless items.

9. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Larkin's Orb
    Both Short Perplexing Ray and Cone Of Cold are great control cards against melee characters. Opposing wizards are less susceptible since they can keep out of range of Short Perplexing Ray and can continue attacking through encumber effects. What it really comes down to is how often you will use both cards on the same wizard. If you regularly add some cold spells to your Short Perplexing Rays then I see no reason to pass Larkin's Orb up. However, you can get more focused items for both effects that allow you to create more types of wizards. Would not purchase unless you see yourself equipping it often.

There are much better things to spend a major token on than control spells. In fact, just don't play control spells if possible. Short Perplexing Ray and Cone of Cold are particularly bad since they don't have a secondary use of moving your team around. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Farzil's Perplexing Horn (E) (majortoken)- Short Perplexing Ray
    Hasek's Icy Ring (E) (minortoken), Hylithia's Wand (E) (minortoken), Xochu's Icy Circlet (E) (minortoken)- Cone of Cold
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I have plenty of items for both Short Perplexing Ray and Cone Of Cold.

Pacifist Trickery- Very cool item if you can minimize the effects of Frightened. A support priest would work particularly well. An elf control wizard would be fine too if those existed.
    Trogsbane- If you insist on using a warrior to fight low level armored mobs just pick up a cheap Piercing Pick.
    Vigun's Blessed Blade- Decent damage for a tokenless divine weapon but Surestrike Blessings are pretty much blanks.

Notable Rares
    Acrobat's Aegis- Great blocks with a minimal handicap trait that cycles.
    Coruscating Blade- Can't go wrong with card draw. Not too many good divine weapons cost double minor tokens either.
    Orb Of Flames- Cheapest way to start off a Firestorm wizard.
    Yolotli Armor- The go to major token heavy armor.

10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Bolg's Club Of Evasion
    Peon's Prescription for Post Patch Procrastinating Multiplayers
    Dodge builds used to be able to accumulate two copies and annoy the heck out of melee attackers with a 75% success rate. With the updated Dodge, that rate goes down to 55.56%. Because of this, I think it's better to think of it now as a value card rather than a complete strategy. It's ok to replace blocks in the shield slot since they serve similar functions. However, now that you can't rely on it as much, the value of replacing attacks with Dodge goes way down. As much as it pains me to say it, and you know that I love me some 13 attack warriors, the kind of build Bolg's Club of Evasion was meant for isn't feasible anymore. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Postponing Purchasing Singleplayers
    Warriors are either killing machines or damage sponges in the campaign. Those in the former don't want to skimp on attacks. Those in the latter would rather be Impenetrable Nimbused since it always works and isn't useless against ranged mobs. Heck, everyone wants to be Nimbused up. You get a Nimbus! And you get a Nimbus! Everybody gets a Nimbus! Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Bec De Corbin (E) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    No, but I did buy one way back before the Dodge nerf. If there's one thing I have a weakness for it's unique items. If I think an item is cool and the cards aren't actively terrible I'll buy it. Dodge turned out to be a ridiculously good card for a while so I lucked out. Dodge kind of stinks now so the cool factor is nearly gone. I'd probably pass on it today even if I didn't have one already.

Chadwick's Clogs- Get Kerrick's Steel Boots instead.
    Frennik's Soulstone- Twin Heals sucks.
    Petochl's Sword- Strong but I like the versatility and lower token cost of White Katana more.

Notable Rares
    Acrobat's Aegis- Good blocks and a cycling trait.
    Frosty Staff- I personally prefer Staff Of Winter because Cone Of Cold can be found on arcane items and can be difficult to use but Frosty Staff is great too.

11. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Holy Hellyn's Breastplate
    Soothing Darkness is a slow card with a very real drawback but I can see how it might be ok in the right situation. I imagine it is best when you can take a few hits with your priest and then slink back to safety and heal up while throwing out buffs to your other characters. This scenario doesn't go quite as smoothly if you happen to be holding Arrogant Armor. There just aren't that many debuffs going around in multiplayer so not being able to self buff or use priest traits is too steep of a price to pay. You can use it slough off handicaps from items like Sacrificial Axe but you'd most likely want one of the double Arrogant Armor divine armors instead. Should you want to make a Soothing Darkness priest for some odd reason, it is not so hard to find that you need to use the divine armor slot to get it. Would not purchase.

There are modules where you might want Arrogant Armor, Secret of the Elder Mind being the top contender, but the same cannot be said of Soothing Darkness. Keep an eye out for Untouchable Plate or other double Arrogant Armor divine armors. They are much cheaper and more consistent than Holy Hellyn's Breastplate. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Old Saint's Armor (E) (minortoken), Untouchable Plate (E) (minortoken): Arrogant Armor

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I've already found two copies. The thought of 3 priests sporting Arrogant Armors trying desperately to get Soothing Darkness to stick is too painful for even me to try.

Armor Of Negation- There are better Arrogant Armor and Cleansing divine armors.
    Novice Stoutness- Duck can be a fun card but it is not good enough to carry two other mediocre cards. Either go all out with something like Superb Stoutness or stick with tried and true Toughness skills.
    Spiked Platemail- Horned Plates is a bad Frenzy Aura and there are plenty of better of better and cheaper divine armors for either one.

Notable Rares
    Focused Teleportation- Best on a Volcano wizard. Not a bad option for wizards that use spells that don't have corresponding traits like cold spells.
    Gauntlets Of The Giant- Adds a little oomph to your attacks without encumbering you like Cuirass Of Froth.
    Shielding Token- Impenetrable Nimbus will singlehandedly get you through tough modules better than any other priest spell since the AI will not stop attacking Nimbused character. It is not as good against humans but it makes for great cat repellent.
    Sticky Slippers- Great for keeping close to control wizards and Bash warriors alike. Also useful for trait cycling and minimizing the amount of movement cards in your deck for Elven Maneuvers.

Pawndawan, Accent and Sir Veza like this.
  12. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

The Hackmaster
    Pulverizing Hack is the only purple quality card you can get and The Hackmaster is the only way to get it. Take that away and you've got The Strongarm. Fourteen extra damage may be worth the major and minor token but not when it's all concentrated on one card. Putting all your eggs in one basket can backfire when you don't draw the one attack to rule them all. When you do draw it you might run into a block or even worse, a Toughness. This is obviously the worst case scenario but if you're going to wait for the most opportune time to unleash a Pulverizing Hack wouldn't you rather sacrifice a bit with the smaller attacks so you can get more haymakers? That's why I like The Bludgeonator over The Hackmaster. This brings us to the other reason why The Hackmaster falls short. You get nothing but damage out of it and you are down two tokens to get versatility from elsewhere. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny Pinching Singleplayers
    You don't need flashy attacks to beat up the AI but there are much cheaper options for straightforward damage. Bejeweled Shortsword and Infused Greatclub are the two that come to mind. If you're feeling frisky you can also rely on weapons with good Chops. There's really no reason to break the piggy bank when there are such good substitutes available. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Infused Greatclub (R) (minortoken)(minortoken), Colossal Hammer (E) (majortoken)(minortoken), Bejeweled Shortsword (C) (majortoken)(majortoken)

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I'm not a hack.

Axe Of Evasion- Would be an interesting item with melee blocks but magic attacks do less damage, are harder to block, and magic blocks can be dead way too often.
    Raxcotl's Hammer- You don't get much aside from damage and even that isn't too great due to the Bloodied Block.
    Sturdy Armor- Most warriors opt for tokenless heavy armor. That said, you can't go wrong with Reliable Mail.

Notable Rares
    Blackeye Hammer- Decent single token weapon.
    Perfect Ferocity- Great for vamps that need a little something to get past armor though most warriors will find double Blind Rage skills more appealing.
    Rod Of Falling Cinders- Cheap Firestorm with a Gusts Of War to help move your other troops around.
    Savvy Attacker- The best weapons don't care about warrior traits so the extra mobility makes Savvy Attacker one of the best skills to spend a token on.
    Slippery Shield- Great way to add mobility without diluting your deck with plain old movement cards.
    Steel-Rimmed Buckler- I personally prefer Parrying Buckler but some people don't have the cajones have too much common sense to run the narrower item.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Rebel7284 and CKaz like this.
  13. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Taltec's Staff
    The best items offer powerful cards, consistency, or synergy. Taltec's Staff doesn't really fall into any of these categories. The cards don't combo together in any shape or form. At best, you can make the argument that Punishing Bolt being short range and Force Cones being a control card makes Taltec's Staff an anti-melee staff but that is stretching it. While all the cards are fine, none of them are outstanding. Punishing Bolt is probably the most sought after of the three but few would want Taltec's Staff over Heartripper or even Staff Of Chask. The one thing Taltec's Staff has going for it is that there aren't many playable staves that require only minor tokens. On the other hand, there aren't many worthy major token arcane items or robes either so we are back to square one. Taltec's Staff is simply a decent staff but you expect more out of legendary items. Would not purchase.

Punishing Bolt can pack a wallop and you don't always have the major tokens for Heartripper but Staff of Chask is cheaper and better. I'd also recommend just switching to melee characters when you want big single target attacks. Either way, Taltec's Staff doesn't really excel at anything. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Staff Of Chask (E) (minortoken): Punishing Bolt

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I almost always go all in with major tokens on staves and I've got 2 copies of Heartripper.

Atchocl's Spear- A glorified Blackeye Hammer.
    Blessed Mail- Not bad but I'd rather use Dark Chain Shirt to save the token or Cintxotl's Mail to really armor up.
    St. Bethan's Charm- The poor man's Xlaka's Sacred Bundle. I'm not a fan of healing items and this one has zero chance of drawing you cards.

Notable Rares
    Focused Electromancy- Spark wizards get to choose between this for cycling and consistency, Electroporter Novice for the token savings, or Superb Electromancy for the extra haymaker. Arcane wizards will definitely want Focused Electromancy if they have the spare token.

Pawndawan likes this.
  14. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Prillith's Robes Of Pain
    Wizards that want Arcane Shell tend to be more offensive while those packing Path Of Knives generally skimp on attacks in favor of control cards. There are wizards that have an even mix of both but you will almost always get more use out of that token elsewhere. Getting double Path of Knives is essentially tokenless due to Booming Ring so the token is paying for the Arcane Shell. Would you rather do about an extra point of damage a turn or upgrade a Rod Of Palver Pree to a Ring Of Appropriation? Last but not least, I think Bloodfoot Robes is not only cheaper but better. For every Arcane Aura assisted spell that lands you need 2 from Arcane Shell. Yes, Arcane Aura can get knocked off but if your wizard is getting hit, chances are he or she wouldn't be getting too many more attacks in anyways. Would not purchase.

Path of Knives is a horribly slow way to kill things and you don't even get the satisfaction of watching a human opponent writhe in agony. You use Path of Knives once to see the dance of the Trogs and that's it. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Bloodfoot Robes

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. When I play Path of Knives I either use Sarigo's Rod, Blood Locket, or Booming Ring. Some combination of those items gives more than enough copies to work with. Heck, I usually find myself wanting to shave some off after a couple matches.

Bahoxl's Maul- Pressing Bash is amazing but Cleansing effects are not going to be useful often. Not worth purchasing unless you have a use for Cleansing Ray in mind.
    Jaguar Buckler- Good shield though Hexagon Shield is pretty close and tokenless.
    St. Olf's Fiery Pike- A must purchase if you play melee parties and you don't have at least 2 copies yet.

Notable Rares
    Perilous Ringmail- One of the best tokenless heavy armors.
    Hexagon Shield- One of the better tokenless shields.
    Tough Leather Cap- Allows non-humans access to a fantastic command card. Pretty good choice for those trying to maximize All Out Attacks too.

Pawndawan likes this.
  15. Pyrogoth

Pyrogoth Mushroom Warrior

16. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Pwindle's Boots
    It's obvious what Energizing Move is for. It helps you move large distances in the early game. This is great for racing to victory squares or putting some pep in your dwarf's step but if you're looking for stuff to beat control cards like Telekinesis you will need to look elsewhere. Once you're near your target, Energizing Move may as well be a Dash. You can also use Energizing Move as a counter to most encumbering effects whether they're from Cone Of Cold or Heavy Armor. Pwindle's Boots is the best minor token Energizing Move boots in my opinion so purchase if you're looking to get places fast.

There isn't much reason to play Energizing Move in singleplayer. There are fewer maps with victory squares, melee mobs come to you, and you need more than a speed boost to continue staying next to ranged mobs as they constantly try to get away. Wisps in particular are a nightmare for melee characters to chase down. Pwindle's Boots is better than most at the job but it is no substitute for just using a wizard. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Japper's Energy Boots (E) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. Not because I don't think it's good but because I already have 3 Nuncible's Boots and they're close enough.

Axahot's Shield- Icicle Shield is tokenless and better in my opinion.
    Trained Toughness- There are much better Toughness skills for the same token cost so there's no need to play Chain Harness.
    Underdog's Shield- Fantastic tokenless all purpose block shield. Wounded Block seems to get a bad rap. People think Bloodied Block is superior but blocking everything all the time is a huge drawback. Parry gets a pass because it draws a card. Ditto for Pushback Parry since it hoses step attacks and lowers the token cost of shields it's on. Bloodied Block blocks your opponent's least important attack and has no secondary benefit.

Notable Rares
    Crusty Helm- One of the best tokenless helmets.
    Focused Healer- A must buy for any vampophile.
    Ritual Straps- One of the best tokenless divine armors.

17. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Golden Wings
    With the exception of leagues, multiplayer maps are designed so that no one is required to play let alone own items that give Fly. For the most part, Fly allows you to reach victory squares faster than your opponents. There are also some fringe benefits such as hopping over impassable terrain to put some distance between you and a melee character or bypassing defenders that are put out front to protect more valuable targets. You can use Fly to get directly behind and enemy for a back attack but that requires them to be unable to turn or you to have a cantrip move though Surestrike Blessing is much better for that task. Wings Of Faith's effect is pretty marginal and takes up valuable real estate in regular matches but leagues are a whole different ballgame. I can't count the number of times I've seen a match end before it started because one player was unaware that their characters would be stranded on their own private islands in Wicked Waterways. Fly is absolutely necessary on some league maps and highly advantageous in others but everyone has access to Flight Aura for indefinite airtime. So what is Wings of Faith actually good for? Saving tokens on your offensive melee characters. The vast majority of Flight Aura items require a major token and even marginal ones charge minor tokens. If your character is getting Wings of Faithed, odds are you will be able to overpower an opposing character that is spending their tokens on Flight Aura or Nimble Strike. Golden Wings is incredibly narrow but it is a necessary evil if you want to excel with melee characters in certain leagues. Would purchase if that is your plan, would not purchase for regular play.

There are no maps where Fly is required. There are some where Fly will get your melee characters across the map faster but wizards are much better in those situations. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    None

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I've mentioned it before but I'm a Volcano addict when it comes to leagues. I mostly play wizards and wizards don't need no stinkin' Wings of Faith.

Hutul's Robes- Forceful Robes is better against everything except the odd cold spell or Path Of Knives and even then Mystical Drakehide only has a slight edge.
    Manifold Medic- Healing Spirit is one of the weakest priest traits and Triple Heals is not highly sought after either.
    Staff Of Burning Ice- Strong attacks but burning and cold spells usually go on separate wizards with differing strategies.

Notable Rares
    Ironcurse Robes- Spending a token on robes often isn't correct but Reliable Mail is fairly difficult to get for wizards.
    White Halberd- This is the divine weapon of choice for Altruism fueled draw priests. While not among the most popular priest archetypes, it is one of the cheapest to build.

Pawndawan likes this.
  18. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Bendolth's Pauldrons
    Barge is a fantastic control card, especially on a character that you don't want enemies to hassle. Unfortunately, being a melee attack pretty much guarantees it will run into a block. Being a tokenless armor is also a huge plus. While no other divine armor has controlling cards like Barge, there are plenty of decent tokenless options that don't bust the piggy bank. I could see equipping Bendolth's Pauldrons happen to come across one in a chest but would not purchase for essentially one copy of Barge.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayer
    Barge is never dead but it there it doesn't have much value aside from the damage. There are fewer maps with victory squares and if you just want another attack you can equip Glowing Hide Armor. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Dark Chain Shirt (E), Glowing Hide Armor (C), Ritual Straps (R), Rusted Angel Mail (U): tokenless
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I love Barge but I'm a little wary of using it on a priest. You usually don't have enough melee attacks to draw out melee blocks so using Barge as your control card is a lot riskier than something like Violent Spin or Telekinesis.

Petochl's Sword- Solid weapon but I like lower token cost weapons that give you a little something extra like White Katana or Troll's Ire better.
    Trained Flexibility- Advanced Battlefield Training has the potential to be a blowout for both you and your opponent. Although it can be powerful, I'm not a fan of cards of such varying playability. I'm even less of a fan of Subtle Parry.
    Staff Of Burning Ice- Great spells but they pull you in opposite directions.

Notable Rares
    Cleansing Incense- Cheap item for Cleansing effects. You won't need them often but they are nice to have in select modules.
    Orb Of Flames- Cheap Firestorm item for a blossoming pyromaniac.

19. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Xemu's Staff
    There are very few playable tokenless staves. Xemu's Staff is not one of them. Short Perplexing Ray, Flame Spit, and to some extent Firestorm are playable but they are nowhere near good enough to make up for the filler cards. To top it all off, you lose one of the greatest advantages of playing wizards in blanking melee only blocks. When it comes to staves just spring for the tokens. There are much better tokenless options in every other slot. Would not purchase.

All you really want is the Firestorm but there are already 2 better tokenless options in Staff Of The Inferno and Mullik's Blisterstaff. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Cottonwood Staff (E): Tokenless
    Staff Of The Inferno (E): Firestorm
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. Xemu's Staff is...wait, who cares whether or not I bought this crappy thing? There's some shiny new toys to play with and they still have that new card smell.

Space Cat Chat
    Just like every set, EttSC is rife with less than desirable items. Rather than going over each new one, I will review the individual cards as they appear instead. Cards that already existed buy were previously unavailable on player items are fair game too.
    Force Field- I love this card. You either eat up your opponent's attacks and priority or your character goes unmolested for a couple turns. Win win. I don't think it's quite so good that you can stick this next to anything and the item will be playable but it doesn't need too much help.
    Genetic Engineering- This card throws you at the mercy of the RNG gods. All orange traits are fair game so you will often end up with useless boosts. Even worse, with the introduction of Adaptable, there are a slew of Adapted to X cards that won't match whatever damage type you're playing against. Definitely don't seek this card out and avoid if possible.

Black Walnut Staff- Great "budget" Firestorm weapon.
    Staff Of Blazing Sparks- Volcano is ridiculously useful and equally hard to find. Would not pass this up unless you're a lucksack with a full set of Mordecai's Staff Of Magma.
    Turnbull's Energy Vest- Not bad though I wish that Wild Run were something more useful. I'm not a huge fan of Arcane Shell so it doesn't have quite the oomph to pass my purchase threshold but if you like it go for it.

Notable Rares
    Corpselight Charm- All great cards.
    Ironcurse Robes- One of the few ways to get Reliable Mail on a wizard.

j3st3ri and Pawndawan like this.
  20. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

St. Portia's Mail
    You need a very good reason to run Arrogant Armor and Mass Frenzy in the same deck. There aren't many enemy attachments running around these days. The most common ones are burning attachments but armor itself is already good against them. Most likely, you're going to want Arrogant Armor to shed bad traits you're running yourself to get a smaller effective deck size, such as Vulnerable from Sacrificial Axe. So what kind of priest can take advantage of this. Vamps really want Talented Healer so they're out. Inspiration priests similarly want Altruism. You could possibly want it for a Mass Frenzy spammer but you can usually cram enough onto a priest to keep a constant buff going and not being able to buff yourself is a big downside. An Impenetrable Nimbuspriest loses out on Altruism and can't self buff to stay alive. What you are looking for are buffs that don't benefit from priest traits and you aren't meant for self buffing. Savage Curse and Unholy Wellspring you say? We have a winner. Small deck sizes in particular help find the hard to come by Unholy Wellspring. However, I wouldn't spend a major token just to get a Mass Frenzy on a wizard buffing priest when there are minor token options available, with Mail Of St. Oxivia being optimal. Would not purchase.

There are a ton more attachments to worry about in singleplayer. Having access to Arrogant Armor during Secret of the Elder Mind for instance makes a nightmarish module more palatable. However, the major token requirement limits the amount of use you can get out of St. Portia's Mail and a copy of Mass Frenzy does not make up for it. There are plenty of minor token Arrogant Armor divine armors to choose from and most of them are cheaper epics. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Axamander's Ringmail (E) (minortoken), Old Saint's Armor (E) (minortoken), Untouchable Plate (E) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I found one already and when I do need Arrogant Armor on a priest I usually go for minor token options.

Space Cat Chat
    Laser Strike- Obviously not as good as a straight up 11 point attack like Powerful Bludgeon but at 10.5 average damage it's pretty close. Major Erratic Damage also brings the playability down a notch but Laser Strike is still an above average attack with double digit damage.
    Mimetic Armor- This is sort of like Barbed Platemail light that works against magic too. The effect is small but you can get multiple copies on a character and the attacks are buffable. I'm not sure if it is actually good enough but Mimetic Armor is one of the cards I look forward to testing out the most.
    Push The Button- Not getting to attack right away is a huge drawback and you are only going to average around 8 damage. Almost all the attacks you can get come with Major Erratic Damage so they have a small chance of backfiring as well. Try not to get stuck with too many in your deck.
    Scamper, Team!- Run, Team! is already nuts. Adding Free Move is just icing on the cake.

St. Voral's Charm- Twin Heals sucks. Healing Pulse also sucks.
    Staff Of Immolation- The Ember Bursts do not make up for the awful short range cone spells.
    White Katana- Great mix of armor removal and mobility.

Notable Rares
    Corpselight Charm- Awesome cards that don't particularly mesh together but are good enough on their own that they don't need to.
    Mirror Of Melting- Good option for armor removal. Akon's Amulet is better if you want straight up armor removal.
    Trainee Command- One of the few playable tokenless human skills.

Your guess is as good as mine with the new items so I'm going to hold off on mentioning them unless I think they are undeniably great.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    wavy likes this.