The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

2. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Yeah, I think you dont need more than two and I was pretty happy to get my second on the loot weekend. I still bought my third. May be one day I will play a three warrior party with three Trol's Ire, who knows.

3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I tried double dipping yesterday, and saw troll's ire, because i was so sleepy i almost bought my 3rd one, and then today i would buy my 4th? No sir i do not want anything to do with your trolls ire.

4. NIMABI

NIMABI War Monkey

but its pretty rare to see adaptable running in mp, i suppose?

5. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

It is exceedingly rare. I just thought it was neat tidbit when I first saw it here.

6. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Perfect Stoutness
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    Perfect Stoutness is a fine item. Getting blocks on a wizard is rare so you may catch a few people off guard. Most experienced players will double tap dwarf wizards to check for Toughness though. Duck also effectively draws you a card. The problem is that unless they use their best attack right off the bat, a dangerous proposition due to the aforementioned Toughness and Defender's Block, and the block isn't revealed, the card you end up with will be a stinker. Which brings us to the biggest reason why Perfect Stoutness just doesn't cut it. For the same price, that major token can get you Perfect Toughness and Solid Rock. Both offer a great deal of protection while giving you card advantage as well. Would you rather have what is likely the least important attack in your opponent's hand or a random card out of your own deck? I would wager that you'd have better luck with the random card. Not only is it more likely to be higher quality but it's also a card that fits your game plan. Duck does make you into a crappy attack magnet until that block is triggered which can buy you some time. Duck fans also have access to Superb Stoutness which is not only cheaper but also works better on wizards since you can usually dump most of your hand each turn to hold on to Reliable Hide Armor. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    You have access to two of the best defensive dwarf skills at common rarity, Perfect Toughness and Solid Rock, and you want to talk about Perfect Stoutness? They should change Duck to Goose because you are a silly goose if you're considering buying it. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Superb Stoutness (E) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. There's no way Duck ever gets the nod over Toughness.

Epics
    Old Saint's Armor- Untouchable Plate is better.
    Yaro's Scepter- It's nice to randomly remove armor with Short Perplexing Ray while Firestorm farming but I don't think that's a big enough incentive to buy it.
    Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud- One of the best vamp divine items.

Notable Rares
    Focused Piety- It can be hard to decide whether to spend that last token on Altruism or more spells that trigger it. Generally, I'd go with more spells but Focused Piety is at its best on an Inspiration spammer.
    Wingtip Robes- Useful for certain leagues with impassable terrains.
    Xipil's Ring- Cheap source of Volcano in terms of gold and tokens.

Pawndawan likes this.
  7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

karadoc likes this.
  8. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Juniper's Jumper
    So you've got all these spiffy Harnesses now but what are you going to buff? All the best armors are found on the heavy armor slot and that has conveniently been taken. You are stuck with stuff like Shimmering Aura(ewwww) or armors that at best turn into Reliable Mails (already found on helmets and boots). The two best armors available to buff are Officer's Harness and Spiked Mail, both of which give very tiny returns compared to things like Barbed Platemail. If you want to play around with Enchanted Harness and friends, get them on helmets and boots so you have access to the good stuff on heavy armors. Would not purchase.

Same deal as above except I would further add that you should avoid spending tokens on armor altogether. When you use tokens on armor, you are more than likely taking away tokens that should be going towards weapons instead. When you do have tokens to spare, just go for stuff with Reliable Mail like True Mail and skip all the fancy Harnesses. Would not Purchase.

Substitutes
    Catherine's Cardigan, Blake's Blazer, Peter Peter's Wife Beater
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. There's definitely more stuff available to buff with Enchanted Harness on helmets like Mimetic Armor but that just means you have more shots at a buffable armor. If you really want to stack armor I would try to get Nasrum's Moccasins or Yolotli Armor.

Epics
    Mathiam's Helm- Not very good but the next best option if you can't wait for the legendary Sprint, Team! helmets.
    Stargod's Raiments- Easily the most powerful Cushioning Armor divine armor. Zod's Vile Spaceplate is less powerful but more consistent. I wouldn't fault anyone for picking one or the other. Positioning is easily the weakest part of my game so I personally try to avoid Bless in non-turtling builds.
    Ulalia's Boots- The best Arcane Aura boots. It's more cost effective to get them from the robes slot but you do pass on other unique armors that way.

Notable Rares
    Diamond Moccasins- The best non-Team Walk minor token boots.
    Overheated Force Suit- It's ok to run easily managed handicaps like Arcane Feedback if you get awesome cards out of the deal. I would say Lava Pool and Force Field easily qualify.
    Slippery Shield- Expensive token cost but a great way to add mobility without diluting the rest of your deck with pure movement cards.
    Trainee Command- One of the few playable tokenless human skills.

9. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Ring Of Bifurcated Healing
    Big heals like Greater Heal are generally going to be better than smaller multi target or team heals because that's how most damage is dealt. Even when you do get full value out of a Twin Heals, you might still have a severely wounded character that your opponent has been focusing his or her attacks on. That is why I don't like small heals period. To make matters worse, Ring of Bifurcated Healing is clearly inferior to Yochxti's Sacred Bundle. Twin Heals has a slightly better range than Triple Heals but that is rarely going to come up. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny Pinching Singleplayers
    You will prevent way more damage from a single Impenetrable Nimbus than you would heal from any spell. I can't think of a single module where I'd rather have heals instead. The new EttSC expansion has a few Handicap heavy levels that could potentially push off a Nimbus but even in those you need only rinse and repeat. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Elphala's Healing Ring (E) (minortoken), Frennik's Soulstone (E) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I can barely resist selling the ones I already have.

Epics
    Agility- There are better skills for both movement and Elvish Insight.
    Eric's Elemental Confusotron- Magma Spray is a dud. I would much rather run Command Stone or Overheated Mesmerizer.
    Mageslayer Mail- Wizards aren't hard to kill because they are good at running away. It's because of all those darn control spells like Telekinesis which Entangling Roots does squat against. Also, Shimmering Aura sucks.

Notable Rares
    Ritual Straps- One of the best tokenless divine armors.
    Shielding Warp Boots- The only way to get Force Field on boots and Warp Run acts as a pseudo Purge for any class.
    Spacediver's Face Screen- With such powerful cards, Spacediver's Face Screen is one of those rares that feels like it deserves to be at least an epic. It is my pick for best Mimetic Crown helmet.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    Sir Veza and Sentient_Toaster like this.
  10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Jornin's Figurine
    Having dead cards, weak cards, or being unfocused usually makes an item a dubious purchase at best. Jornin's Figurine has the full trifecta and the audacity to charge you a minor token for it. Not much more to say here. Would not purchase.

There aren't many modules that you'll want cleansing effects and when you do, you want a lot more than what Jornin's Figurine offers. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Amber Charm (U) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    I'll give you two guesses. Why would you pick "yes"? You are terrible at this game.

Epics
    Bniff's Boots- Leap's card value is way too high for what it does. Bumping the equip cost up to a major token is a joke.
    Trickster's Blade- If you've ever wanted to turn your warrior into a terrible wizard, Trickster's Blade is the way to go. On a related note, if you ever want to turn your wizard into a bad Trickster's Blade warrior, load up on Copper Zapping Wands. P.S. If any of that was unclear, I wouldn't buy it.
    Vira's Shoes- Bertha's Big Clogs is better.

Notable Rares
    Acrobat's Aegis- Great blocks and a cycling Traveling Curse to help soften up the opposition.
    Cold Laser- Decent Cooling Laser staff. Supercooled Laser is better but Cold Laser is a close second.
    Healthy Trickery- Best on vamps for the Healing Dash plus Talented Healer combo.

Pawndawan and Sir Veza like this.
  11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

timeracers likes this.
  12. Woohoo! SP farmers take note: Azgul's Orb is in the house again. Nuff said.

Sir Veza likes this.
  13. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Azgul's Orb
    Multiplayer
    Dedicated Firestorm builds have gone the way of the dodo. A Firestorm wizard needs to get close to the enemy to do anything which is the opposite of what wizards want to do. So why is everyone going crazy over Azgul's Orb? It is the only arcane item with 3 burning attacks that aren't crappy low range cone spells like Fire Spray. A dedicated burning wizard will most likely have spent 4 tokens on staves and 3 tokens on arcane items. If you want to spend a token on Focused Pyromancy you will need a tokenless arcane item. Your other option is to run Novice Pyromancy but the downgrade of Firestarter to Ember Spray is massive when compared to Flame Jet/Glob Of Flame to Firestorm.

Singleplayer
    Firestorm. Enough said.

Peon's prescription for prodigious players- Would get Azgul's Orb if you want a tokenless arcane item for a burning wizard, like the smell of burnt kobolds in the morning (aka killing things in the campaign blisteringly fast), or know in your heart of hearts that Firestorm is going to make a comeback tour in multiplayer.

Substitutes
    Gaudekki's Orb (E): Zap is awful but I'd still prefer this item over ones with burning cone spells.
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Yes, but not today. I still don't have a full set of legendary Firestorm arcane items to fill out my tokenless farming party but I'm starting to to run "low" on gold. I've got enough for around 10 more legendaries but there are definitely more than 10 that I want from EttSC. Rumor has it that there will be some chaotic spelunking coming too so I'm holding off on perfecting my already good enough farming parties for now.

Epics
    Jaguar Buckler- Very good shield. Whether or not it's worth spending a minor token to upgrade Hexagon Shield with Disorienting Block is up to you.
    Shimmering Hood- There are much less Shimmery ways of getting Quickness Aura on a helmet.
    Superb Stoutness- You'll occasionally get hilarious outcomes with Duck but don't get Superb Stoutness expecting to consistently receive awesome cards.

Notable Rares
    Focused Teleportation- Especially useful in a Volcano build.

14. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Sanger's Space Cap
    Sanger's Space Cap is far from the best Mimetic Crown helmet. Heck, it isn't even the best Mimetic Crown helmet with Advanced Battlefield Training. Both Advanced Battlefield Training and Dodge have high potential upsides but they can just as easily do next to nothing. Personally, I ditch both cards and just throw on a Spacediver's Face Screen. Would not purchase.

There are very few situations where it is correct to spend a major token on a helmet over weapons. For the few levels where you have the spare major token, you can do way better than Advanced Battlefield Training. Perhaps I'm not trying hard enough but I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want Advanced Battlefield Training for singleplayer at all. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Spacediver's Face Screen (R) (majortoken), Terminator Mask (E) (majortoken)

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I've played enough Advanced Battlefield Training to last a lifetime. It led to some cool stuff but I'd much rather have the consistently great Force Field on Spacediver's Face Screen. Plus, Lifesaving Block is hard to play around and not likely to be on your opponent's radar since it's incredibly rare on warriors.

Epics
    Badjeera's Black Relic- Strictly worse than Hand Of Melvelous and generally worse than Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud.
    Blazing Shortsword- One of the best tokenless weapons.
    Rusty Healing Armor- Rusted Angel Mail is one of my favorite divine armors but it sure isn't because of the Rusty Armor. Despite being the best heal spell you can get on a tokenless divine armor, Twin Heals is still incredibly weak.

Notable Rares
    Disruptive Warp Pistol- While neither Whirlwind Enemies or Force Cannon combo with Accelerate Time, they do play well with the Volcano you're likely trying to abuse.
    Ritual Straps- One of the best tokenless divine armors.
    Shielding Warp Shoes- Only way to get Force Field on boots.

15. Ector

Ector Hydra

The Lunginator One of the best weapons in the game. Good mobility, nice damage and the very good tech. Grab it while you can! I've bought my 2nd today. Only one left to the carnage!

Han Lee likes this.
  16. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

How many do you think we need (dont say 9, give me a proper answer)

17. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

@Ector might say three is the magic number. I say you only need one to complete your item collection. I'm more of a Riptide guy.

Ector and Flaxative like this.
  18. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

The Lunginator
    You're saying I can Lunging Bash someone away so I can stare lovingly at a now useless Mighty Hack? Where do I sign up? Bashes are control cards for warriors. However, unlike mixing attacks and control cards on a wizard, you can't continue to attack after pushing the enemy away. If The Lunginator had stabs to take advantage of the bashes I would be all over it. As is, it mashes two strategies that go in opposite directions. Would not purchase.

Bashes have no place in singleplayer. If you want a victory point, kill the mob standing on it and take it. It is way faster than bashing it away multiple turns. If you need to put some distance between you and the enemy then just move away. I promise they will still be there when you come back. Unnerving Strike is also a bit underwhelming. Most of the mobs that can block melee attacks have melee only blocks so avoid all the hassle and bring a wizard instead. All you really want is damage for a warrior, with a Sundering Strike sprinkled here and there for the occasional Toughness or high value armor. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Riptide (E) (majortoken)(minortoken), Basher's Delight (E) (majortoken)(majortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I still maintain that Lunging Bash and high damage range 1 attacks don't mix. I might consider buying the "fixed" Lunginator, Zoltan's Laser Scourge. You get less damage but the attacks at least make sense together.

Epics
    Granwick's Ringmail- Chain Harness sucks, especially when all you get to buff is a Thickened Mail.
    Mad Eskin's Pin- Ring Of Appropriation is better.
    Scintillating Robes- You need Energizing Move the least against wizards. Guess what class Shimmering Aura and Hover are meant for. I would try Emberfloat Mantle instead.

Notable Rares
    Slippery Shield- Expensive token cost but a good way to increase mobility without adding pure movement cards.

Nosgoup, Stexe and Pawndawan like this.
  19. Ector

Ector Hydra

Three is enough to create one Lunginating warrior. If you want two warriors, you will need six :)
    As for the Riptide, it's really nice, but you cannot play Pressing Bash just for movement like Lunging Bash, so a warrior with three Riptides is going to be a sitting duck.