The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Takes me more like 45, which I guess is probably because I'm still taking two dwarf fire wizards and a priest, and not packing any Trembling Staffs to really shrink my deck down to the essential Firestorms. I should probably give triple-wiz another try at some point.

(4 Azgul's Orbs, and sorely tempted to buy another even though I'd need to spend some real dollars or grind like hell for the next 19 hours)

2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Azgul's Orb
    Multiplayer
    Dedicated Firestorm builds have gone the way of the dodo. A Firestorm wizard needs to get close to the enemy to do anything which is the opposite of what wizards want to do. So why is everyone going crazy over Azgul's Orb? It is the only arcane item with 3 burning attacks that aren't crappy low range cone spells like Fire Spray. A dedicated burning wizard will most likely have spent 4 tokens on staves and 3 tokens on arcane items. If you want to spend a token on Focused Pyromancy you will need a tokenless arcane item. Your other option is to run Novice Pyromancy but the downgrade of Firestarter to Ember Spray is massive when compared to Flame Jet/Glob Of Flame to Firestorm.

Singleplayer
    Firestorm. Enough said.

Peon's prescription for prodigious players- Would get Azgul's Orb if you want a tokenless arcane item for a burning wizard, like the smell of burnt kobolds in the morning (aka killing things in the campaign blisteringly fast), or know in your heart of hearts that Firestorm is going to make a comeback tour in multiplayer.

Substitutes
    Gaudekki's Orb (E): Zap is awful but I'd still prefer this item over ones with burning cone spells.
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Yup. Still need a couple more double Firestorm items to fill out my tokenless farming team.

Epics
    Farzil's Perplexing Horn- Short Perplexing Ray serves a similar purpose to Telekinesis. It doesn't have a high ceiling but it is slightly more useful against ranged opponents.
    Gaudekki's Orb- It's a felony to substitute these for Azgul's Orb on an otherwise pimped out wizard. Not better than the tokenless rare Firestorm items for farming purposes either.
    Yaro's Scepter- Ditto for Chartwell's Ring.

Notable Rares
    Disruptive Warp Pistol- Best rare Accelerate Time item and better than some of the more expensive ones too.
    Slippery Shield- Good way to add mobility without diluting without adding pure movement cards.

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Oskar's Pine Shield
    Multiplayer
    Defender's Block is one of the most sought after blocks. The ability to block anything for anyone within 3 and draw a card on top is too good to pass up. Catch Arrow and Weak Parry may look like narrow blocks that are good against completely different builds but just look at all the Nimble Strike/Whirlwind parties out there. What's that, this isn't 5 months ago? Yeah right, now you're going to tell me Brazil won't make the World Cup finals.

Singleplayer
    Shields are usually one of the last things people spend token on since getting great attacks takes priority. If you can spare the token and you know you will be facing a combination of melee and magic/projectile attacks then Oskar's Pine Shield is superb. This shield can come in handy against anything from slimes to chess pieces or even those damn dirty apes.

Peon's prescription for prodigious players- Getting Defender's Block is great but not at the cost of having dead cards in many situations. If you are going to have narrow blocks, go with block melees. Most builds in multiplayer and mob setups in the campaign have some sort of melee attack. What you are really after is that Defender's Block and there are a decent amount of general use options available. Ichabod's Buckler with two block any Wounded Blocks for instance is a much better buy in my opinion. Would not purchase Oskar's Pine Shield.

Substitutes
    Buckler Of Protection (R) (minortoken), Defensive Buckler (R) (minortoken), Aegis Of The Defender (E) (majortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. While fine cards in the right matchup I try to avoid items with Catch Arrow and Subtle Parry unless they're paired with two cards I actually want.

Epics
    Aataabulous's Boots- Aataabulous always gets to go first when people line up in alphabetical order. Well, he would if it weren't for his arch nemesis Aaron. Also Shimmering Aura sucks.
    Stookster's Amulet- Decent Firestorm farming item. Having some Slide spells like Telekinesis helps get a Firestorm wizard to the center of the map.
    Voltstaff- Staff Of Chask is the anti melee staff of choice. Voltstaff is better against wizards but has a worse low end.

Notable Rares
    Sticky Slippers- Great for countering control strategies and trait cycling.

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  4. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Well, I guess I can help you this time.

Vibrant Pain - GET IT ASAP, RIGHT NOW, IT'S TOO GOOD NOT TO GET IT, YOU GET 6 NIMBLE STRIKES, MEANING YOU ATTACK SOMEBODY WITHOUT THEM TRIGGERING BLOCKS AND YOU FLY!

others - SCREW THE OTHERS, JUST GET THE VIBRANT PAIN THIS TIME, EPICS AND RARES CAN WAIT

Merdis likes this.
  5. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Vibrant Pain
    Multiplayer
    While Vibrant Pain is no longer the pinnacle of warrior technology it is far from unplayable. You give up damage but in return you get an unparalleled amount of mobility from your weapons slot. The addition of fly to Nimble Strike allows you to hop over impassable terrains and whatever barriers wizards throw down. Fly also allows you to position yourself behind enemies and get an unblockable attack through (with the exception of Defender's Block and Cause Fumble). Be careful about attacking with step moves from the front as Pushback Parry is widely played.

Singleplayer
    There are very few instances of impassable or difficult terrain so most of the utility of Vibrant Pain is gone. It can be used to fly to the final boss of Secret of the Elder Mind but that's about it. The extra mobility can also be useful for chasing down highly mobile ranged mobs such as Blinking Wisps or Marksmen. Requiring double major tokens limits it to high level modules so take that into consideration if you're thinking about purchasing.

Peon's prescription for prodigious players- Vibrant Pain is a powerful tool for getting close to ranged enemies but you need to buff the attack with things like Mass Frenzy in order to compete with other melee characters. This is great with dwarves who need extra movement while buffing the attacks with Blind Rage and elves usingElven Maneuvers to draw the Nimble Strikes. Would purchase if you're prepared to build around it or if you need fly for certain leagues. Otherwise, it just does too little damage, even if it gets you 6 cards closer to 14 attacks.

Substitutes- Lochaber Axe (E) double minor tokenThe Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Yes, but not today. I have 3 already and dual wielding Vibrant Pains is pretty sketchy. It is an incredibly powerful weapon that greatly boosts your odds against control wizards at the cost of making you vulnerable to higher damage melee characters. This can be mitigated with copious amounts of Frenzy buffs or using your increased mobility to gang up on targets but you do need to use Vibrant Pain with the lower damage output in mind.

Epics
    Axahot's Shield- More token intensive and worse than Icicle Shield.
    Terminator Mask- I prefer Spacediver's Face Screen. Advanced Battlefield Training is too all in for my tastes.
    Trained Toughness- Advanced Toughness is better for wizards and Raging Rock is better for melee.

Notable Rares
    Ebony Prayer Beads- Great draw buffs for a rare item. I prefer Incense Of The Caged Demon since Bad Luck is awful but it is more painful.

Flaxative, Pawndawan and Lucky Dice like this.
  6. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Perfect Footwork
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    This skill excels at putting distance between you and your enemy. That means it's optimal for ranged attackers or characters whose main job isn't attacking. or in other words, wizards and buff priests. Elves are not particularly good buff priests and certainly make for the worst wizards. As for the cards themselves Violent Spinis the only one worth paying for. On top of everything, you are paying a major token to upgrade a Smashing Spinin Advanced Footwork to Leap. Between the token cost and quality of cards, Perfect Footwork is the least playable Violent Spin elf skill in my opinion. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Heck no. I like using elf warriors for farming to chase down mobs more quickly but skills like this don't do enough. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Advanced Footwork (E) (minortoken), Practiced Scouting (R) (majortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I'm a huge fan of using the racial skill slot to get unique effects or traits. Violent Spin is great but hardly limited to elves.

Epics
    Incense Of The Caged Demon- Best minor token divine item for card draw. If Demonic Revenge is too painful try Ebony Prayer Beads instead.
    Quigley's Cap- Worst and most expensive of the Dash, Team! helmets.
    Trog Melter- Solid option for tokenless armor removal if you're willing to forgo a bit of damage from the staff slot. Melt Armor is notable for being guaranteed armor removal as well.

Notable Rares
    Ebony Prayer Beads- Even with a relatively useless Bad Luck, you get major card advantage from Ebony Prayer Beads.
    Focused Healer- Vamps should not leave home without bringing this skill along.

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. ttsukasa

ttsukasa Mushroom Warrior

THANKS PEON, i always lurk this forum and wanted to finally come out of hiding and at least say thanks once for all the reviews you do thanks again ! :D also thanks

peonprop likes this.
  8. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Meztis Wyrmhide Robes
    The most common attachments you'll see are burning attachment. Path Of Knives and frost attachments are distant runner ups. Way in the back of the pack are Bad Luck and Mind Worm. Is it worth giving up immunity to fire and electricity spells with Resistant Hide, which handles burning attachments, so you can reflect attachments 50% of the time? No way Jose. Both armors are terrible against melee parties but you give up a huge edge against a lot of wizards for very little gain with Mystical Wyrmhide. Meztis Wyrmhide Robes even charges you a major token. Would not purchase.

There is one reason and one reason only you'd want a major token requiring attachment hoser. Secret of the Elder Mind. :eek: I soiled myself a little just thinking about it. The problem is that you are up against Mind Munch. You still have a 50% chance of getting hit with it and if that happens, say goodbye to your expensive new armor at the end of turn. Arrogant Armor is the real solution but only for non-wizards. For wizards, you basically just have to live with the attachments or run a bunch of Purges. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Boltswap Robes (R), Drakehide Robes (U) (minortoken)
    http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/the-daily-deal.6286/page-53#post-83699

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. Mystical Wyrmhide is unique but it isn't particularly powerful. It certainly doesn't have the cool factor I look for when considering items that aren't slam dunks. Perhaps if the attachment reflection were more reliable I'd be more open to it but as is Meztis Wyrmhide Robes is a no go.

Epics
    Hydrogen Staff- Acid Blast is a little too weak for the double major token investment.
    Kerrick's Steel Boots- Fantastic for singleplayer, but like most armors Reliable Mail isn't worth spending a token on in multiplayer. The exception is when you can use it to break a symmetrical effect like Firestorm or Flash Of Agony but those aren't popular multiplayer strategies either.
    Reckless Warp Boots- I'm not too big on Warp Run since it hoses your own traits and buffs. I would much rather play Rocket Boots.

Notable Rares
    None

softsofttofu likes this.
  9. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Darkblood Glaive
    Darkblood Glaive is the premier buffing staff for wizard based parties. Melee characters often pack too many blocks and armors that they'd rather not discard to Savage Curse. Non-burning wizards on the other hand are packed to the gills with low or no damage spells. Being ranged also allows them to treat movement cards as discard fodder. You can even play around the drawback by running Inspirations. If you empty your hand and draw cards one at a time, each attack you draw this way ignores the discard clause. Highly recommend purchasing.

Savage Curse effectively turns useless cards on your wizards into more Firestorms. Who can say no to more Firestorms? Since Firestorm (and Flash Of Agony) always damages your opponents first, adding 4 damage also makes it much easier to fire off the lethal blow without regard for your own life totals. I especially like using Darkblood Glaive for my farming parties because putting the Savage Curses on the divine weapon frees up divine item slots for Impenetrable Nimbus. Highly recommend purchasing.

Substitutes
    Axe Of The Dark Soul (U) (majortoken)(minortoken)

Did Peon Buy It?
    Yes, but not today. I've got 2 copies and there is such a thing as too many Savage Curses. In fact, I sometimes wind up running Cadefel's Savage Maul instead in my league parties. The step attacks and Cleansing Burst work wonders with Volcano.

Epics
    Ihibrin's Holy Droplets- There are better Team Heal items. There are also better Soothing Darkness items too if you're into that sort of thing. Pretty sure Healing Beacon is better than both.
    Mail Of St. Aulx- Shimmering Aura sucks and Cleansing Ray can easily be a dead draw if you don't run terrain attachments yourself.
    Zod's Vile Spaceplate- Fantastic cards all around. Some may prefer the Bless on Stargod's Raiments but I like the no questions asked card draw from Unholy Energy better.

Notable Rares
    None

Sir Veza and PDXTai like this.
  10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

St. Osrim's Corona
    Well this is going to be a short one. Both Shimmering Aura and Twin Heals are incredibly weak. Savage Plates is far superior and a fifth of the price. Even if you don't like Thickened Mail or Savage Curse, they have amazing upsides. Would not purchase.

I usually go for tokenless divine armors since the tokens are more effectively spent on divine items when it comes to buffs. In cases where extra tokens are available, I would again 100% run Savage Plates instead. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Savage Plates (E) (minortoken)

Did Peon Buy It?
    Don't make me laugh.

Epics
    Ajan's Glowing Vial- One of the better tokenless healing divine items but still incredibly unplayable.
    Pirate's Rapier- Interesting set of cards but the low end sacrifices way to much damage to accommodate the gold cards.
    Staff Of Glowing Coals- Even if you're desperate for Volcano, Staff of Glowing Coals has way too many weak attacks to consider purchasing. You are getting a horrible Volcano to token ratio as well. Not the worst as farming staves go but I'd rather play something like Black Walnut Staff which has a much more even card quality distribution.

Notable Rares
    Ritual Straps- Everyone and their mother rely on buffs and traits. Getting Purging Burst on a tokenless item is too good to pass up. Lifesaving Block is fantastic in the late game and Toughened Hide Strips is at least playable.

11. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Ripple's Reality Robes
    Whirlwind is a high risk high reward card. You might be able to push your troops toward the victory square while setting back your opponent or you could just as easily do the opposite. This makes Whirlwind more of an emergency reset button when you simply need to escape an enemy character or get them off of a particular square. Since Whirlwind Enemies is better in most cases, I only use Whirlwind when it gives access to better cards. Which brings us to Hypnotic Beacon. While it is much less risky since it only effects enemy characters, Hypnotic Beacon is still a passive card. Your opponent probably won't be able to move where they want to but they can just as easily avoid the terrain altogether. Hypnotic Beacon can also be played around through team movement cards or anything else that isn't self movement. I don't like Hypnotic Beacon enough to play the Whirlwind that comes along with it. Would not purchase.

I like what Hypnotic Beacon does against melee mobs but only if it doesn't impact your offense. If that major token prevents you from playing a Mordecai's Staff Of Magma then forget about it. By the time you get enough major tokens where Ripple's Reality Robes won't dilute your offense, the levels include much more ranged mobs that don't care about Hypnotic Beacon. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Tempest Robes (R) (minortoken)

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I don't really like Hypnotic Beacon enough to spend a major token for it.

Epics
    Club Of Wrath- Decent damage and buffs for low level priests but not worth purchasing.
    Stookster's Amulet- This is one of the few Firestorm items that I still use while I wait for the better legendaries.
    Underdog's Shield- Best tokenless non-legendary all purpose block shield.

Notable Rares
    Ebony Prayer Beads- Who doesn't like card draw?
    Ironwood Staff Of The Magus- Good for an extra defensive control wizard.

Sir Veza and gulo gulo like this.
  12. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Brin's Storm Locket
    Brin's Storm Locket may be the third best arcane item for a Firestorm wizard behind Azgul's Orb and Chartwell's Ring but it is a distant third. Counterspell does too little too often. Also, having tried a few Firestorm wizards since the nerf, I can say that it isn't flat out dead but rather poorly positioned against the metagame. There is too much Elven Maneuvers step attack warriors going around that would like nothing more than for you to draw them cards while dealing yourself damage. For that reason, I can't recommend purchasing an item for a Firestorm build. You can sort of use it as a substitute for Azgul's Orb on a burning wizard but you're already shelling out major moolah for the rest of the items so why settle for anything less than the best? Would not purchase.

Counterspell is still not a great card in singleplayer but it doesn't need to be. Brin's Storm Locket could have 2 Firestorms and a root canal and it would still be a chase item. Firestorm wizards need all the Firestorms they can get their grubby mitts on and Brin's Storm Locket certainly delivers. Highly recommend purchasing.

Substitutes
    None
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. Despite my glowing recommendation for singleplayer, I'm maxed out on Firestorm legendaries for my mid to high level farming parties. I'm only looking to round out my tokenless party which isn't a huge priority so I can afford to wait for Azgul's Orb and Chartwell's Ring.

Epics
    Noral's Cleansing Charm- Good but Cleansing effects aren't useful often enough to warrant purchasing expensive options when you can get by with substitutes.
    Risky Trickery- Pretty much limited to elf priests. Elf warriors tend to take advantage of Cautious Mobility plus step attack synergies while elf wizards are too busy dying being awesome. Since most priests tend not to attack often anyways, I prefer Pacifist Trickery. The exception is when your priest's buffs are "attacks" like Savage Curse in which case Risky Trickery is the right call. Or in other words, just play a human priest.
    Sharp Shell- Don't be fooled. Sharp Shell is actually a 20 gold treasure in disguise.

Notable Rares
    None

Accent, Mr. Magnifico, Jarmo and 3 others like this.
  13. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Mullik's Blisterstaff
    Four copies of Force Cone on a tokenless staff is great but there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First of all, the usefulness of Force Cone itself is very map dependent. Cramped spaces with lots of walls or impassable terrain are a big no no. You will also find that your wizard won't be able to hurt a fly. If you plan on doing some butt kicking you will need to keep your butt kicker alive. This is particularly difficult against opposing wizards since they tend not to care about control cards. Alternatively, you can go the pure evil route and rely solely on victory squares to get the win. Having tried this before I can say that it is incredibly difficult to pull off, takes a really really long time to finish matches, and does not feel particularly rewarding if you have a decent bone in your body. Purchase only if you're looking for a tokenless control staff and you know what you're getting into.

Tokenless Firestorm staff. This isn't the most important item for low level Firestorm farming since Staff Of The Inferno exists but it certainly is a lot less suicidal. At the same time, there's no question that Staff of the Inferno leads to quicker kills. When using a full set of Staff of the Inferno, it's rare that you will find yourself with all 3 wizards being Combustible. If you simply fire off Firestorms on the Combustible wizards first, the unafflicted ones can finish off any survivors. Save your gold for the double Firestorm arcane items that will really speed things along. Purchase only if you already have a great Firestorm party and want Combustible insurance.

Substitutes
    Staff Of The Inferno (E): Firestorm
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Yes, but not today. Staff Of The Inferno is the better farming staff barring the occasional party wipe. I use one wizard with double Mullik's Blisterstaff as Combustible insurance but that is totally unnecessary if you're short on gold.

Epics
    Aegis Of Aversion- Cowardly is really only suitable for support priests with low numbers of attacks (including buff attacks like Unholy Energy). It's a fine shield in that case but I'd still rather use Aegis Of The Defender.
    Atchocl's Spear- A glorified Blackeye Hammer.
    Hylithia's Wand- The Force Cannon on Xochu's Icy Circlet is a much better card and has more synergy with cold spells.

Notable Rares
    Blood Locket- Sarigo's Rod for people that want some Path Of Knives but not too many.

PDXTai and Pawndawan like this.
  14. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Fabrian's Shield
    Multiplayer
    While it still contains the narrow Catch Arrow, I like Fabrian's Shield a lot more than Oskar's Pine Shield. Even though Oskar's Pine Shield is guaranteed to have one of it's narrow blocks work in any situation, Fabrian's Shield knows what it wants and what is wants is to crush puny wizards. Multiplayer is currently awash in a sea of warriors and priests so Fabrian's Shield may not be the best choice to use in the current metagame. However, when the day of the wizard uprising comes you'll wish that Parrying Buckler had two Catch Arrows and aDefender's Block on it.

Singleplayer
    There are some modules where Fabrian's Shield is the best shield possible. No other shield has 3 blocks that can block magic and projectiles and draw cards. There are plenty of cheaper options that are nearly as good though.

Peon's prescription for prodigious players- Would not purchase Fabrian's Shield. There's no doubt that it can be very powerful in the right situation but those situations are currently fairly rare. If you truly want to take down the Harry Potters and Gandalfs of the world there are many cheaper magic blocking shields to choose from, some that don't require tokens.

Substitutes
    Bullseye Shield (E), Magnetic Shield (E) (minortoken), Pellucid Shield (R) (majortoken), Deflecting Buckler (U) (minortoken),Spellthwart Shield (R)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. Magic is less common, harder to block, and less damaging than melee attacks. Sure, I've felt silly holding Parry against a team of wizards but only having Catch Arrows against warriors is a bajillion times worse.

Epics
    Corian's Boots- Pretty weak unless you specifically want the Officer's Harness for stuff like Leadership or Enchanted Harness.
    St. Amarack's Cudgel- Too weak for multiplayer and not a great deal for singleplayer. With attacks that bad you might as well be playing an Unholy Frenzy weapon instead.
    Vira's Shoes- Bertha's Big Clogs are better.

Notable Rares
    Frosty Staff- I personally prefer Staff Of Winter since you can get Cone Of Cold from arcane items but Frosty Staff is good too.
    Infused Greatclub- Need something bludgeoned but don't have the major tokens for Bejeweled Shortsword? Look no further than this singleplayer staple. Used to be pretty good in multiplayer too but everyone moved on to fancy shmancy attacks.
    Perilous Ringmail- One of the best tokenless heavy armors.

Sir Veza likes this.
  15. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Holy Hellyn's Breastplate
    Soothing Darkness is a slow card with a very real drawback but I can see how it might be ok in the right situation. I imagine it is best when you can take a few hits with your priest and then slink back to safety and heal up while throwing out buffs to your other characters. This scenario doesn't go quite as smoothly if you happen to be holding Arrogant Armor. There just aren't that many debuffs going around in multiplayer so not being able to self buff or use priest traits is too steep of a price to pay. You can use it slough off handicaps from items like Sacrificial Axe but you'd most likely want one of the double Arrogant Armor divine armors instead. Should you want to make a Soothing Darkness priest for some odd reason, it is not so hard to find that you need to use the divine armor slot to get it. Would not purchase.

There are modules where you might want Arrogant Armor, Secret of the Elder Mind being the top contender, but the same cannot be said of Soothing Darkness. Keep an eye out for Untouchable Plate or other double Arrogant Armor divine armors. They are much cheaper and more consistent than Holy Hellyn's Breastplate. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Old Saint's Armor (E) (minortoken), Untouchable Plate (E) (minortoken): Arrogant Armor
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I'll admit I have been thinking about seeing whether or not Soothing Darkness is actually as bad as I think it is but using it with Arrogant Armor is not the way to find out.

Epics
    Incense Of The Caged Demon- Best minor token card drawing divine item. Ebony Prayer Beads is a less painful runner up. Or you can go the devout route with Amulet Of Inspiration and Altruism.
    Mageslayer Mail- A short range attack, a crappy armor, and a movement card that'll discard said armor? Did the bearded armorsmith in robes happen to be snickering when he tried to sell you this stuff?
    Starsaint's Manipulator- Healing Rays is fantastic but I'm not sure it's worth running a relatively useless Genetic Engineering. I like Medical Kit a little bit more.

Notable Rares
    Sticky Slippers- These are the real "Mageslayer" equipment. Entangling Roots doesn't stop wizards from sliding you away with Telekinesis and friends but Immovable sure does. Also great for trait cycling and lowering movement counts for Elven Maneuvers.

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Atchocl's Spear is better than a Blackeye if, and only if, you need the step attacks. I use both in both SP and MP, since I enjoy punishing attacks especially in SP, but for the most part the Blackeye Hammer is the way to go if you want a blind rage at 1 token.
    If you dont have any of the good 0 or 1 token weapons (blackeye, maquah of anicient blood, blazing short sword, beater, the strongarm and a few others that slip my mind) get 1. Having a 1 token weapon on a warrior in MP gives you 1 more token to use on non-weapons and doesn't touch any of the precious major tokens. Of course this is a day late.. :( and the blackeye is a much better value for the gold.

17. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Eye Of Wicna
    Flash Flood is decent at slowing down opponents. Whirlwind is not. You are just as likely to set yourself back with random symmetrical effects. At least with Whirlwind Enemies there is no chance of ending up in a worse position and improving you're opponent's placement at the same time. The best way to use Whirlwind cards is to play them while opponents have no movement cards available and limiting their ability to recover. This can either be done by stalling with non movement actions or using damaging terrains to induce movement. In any case, Eye of Wicna doesn't have the "good" Whirlwind spell, isn't a reliable source of Whirlwinds if you do want to build around it, and there are plenty of other Flash Flood options to choose from. Would not purchase.

There are some instances where Flash Flood helps immensely but there are also a ton of cheaper options. I don't believe that there's a use for Whirlwind either. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Bimson's Water Stone (E) (minortoken), Tauri's Watery Maze (E) (minortoken), The Soulstone (E) (minortoken), Pip's Anklet (E) (majortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Yes. Way back when Flash Flood was Wall Of Stone and I was going through a particularly long drought of Randimar offerings, Eye of Wicna seemed like a pretty good item. I immediately regretted it 5 minutes later after looking at the wiki. To this day, Eye of Wicna remains the worst purchase I've ever made. Well, if you don't count the Mindshrinker I bought for the week of Mind Worm.

Epics
    Armor Of Negation- Both Arrogant Armor and Cleansing effects have narrow uses. Odds are you won't need both at the same time so there are better ways of getting either one.
    Jaguar Buckler- Nice shield but if you're going to use melee blocks you might as well save a token and use Hexagon Shield. Alternatively, you could go with Wedge Shield for the all purpose blocks.
    Ogre Plate- Shimmering Aura sucks. Enchanted Mail is only slightly better than Reliable Mail so you're better off getting one of the double Reliable Mail heavy armors. If you're looking for something to boost with Enchanted Harness you're better off going for Grounding Plates or Barbed Platemail.

Notable Rares
    Savvy Attacker- The number one martial skill to spend a token on. Warrior traits stink for the most part so getting a rare and powerful card in Team Walk on an otherwise useless slot is great.
    St. Xarol's Axe- Good for clearing out low level mobs.

PDXTai and doog37 like this.
  18. NIMABI

NIMABI War Monkey

I guess todays Daily Deal is the worst I have ever seen...

19. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

In my opinion, there a many legendaries that are far worse. St. Malaj's Cuirass is at least playable in Volcano deck, although I wouldn't buy 2k extra to upgrade Reliable Hide to Toughened Hide Strips.

20. doog37

doog37 Hydra

St. Malaj's Cuirass is the only Legendary I ever sold off. Granted it was an accident, when gold was harder for me to come by I would sell legednary items in special shops and then buy them back as I got gold when there was something worth buying and I was a little short. When the store turned over before I had the chance to "get it out of hock" and so now I am down a leg... and ugly one but still a leg.