Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

@Kalin: Nice! I'd buy Heartripper & The Softener first and then consider Avakiria's Cup, if you have a slot for that kind of Glob / Jet distribution. I've bought The Lunginator in the past, but it's been gathering dust...

@Stage: For multiplayer Crusty Helm is great tokenless helmet. Out of those other three items, I'd say Gloomthirst is the best pick. Good tokenless staves for PvE: Mullik's Blisterstaff, Red Jon's Staff, Sorcerery Staff, Staff Of The Inferno.

@BlackVoidDeath: I'd get Ferocity and skip the others. There are much better all purpose major token shields to even consider Azan's Icy Bulwark, Glasod's Dark Skull is not really an upgrade from Hand Of Melvelous, I like Nova Axe more than Laser Rapier, there are better tokenless divine weapons than St. Portia's Maul & and there are better specialized items (either encumber or burn) than Swiz's Circlet Of Elements.

Christofff likes this.
  2. Ector

Ector Hydra

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

Pandawan is right, Ferocity is a no-brainer here. As for the rest, St. Portia's Maul is a great tokenless weapon at least for the low-level farming, and I really like Laser Rapier (maybe just because I've pulled two from the Citadel chests :)) Nova Axe is better only if your opponent runs a lot of attachments, which is true for the current metagame, but may change every day.

4. Ector

Ector Hydra

My Randi looks like as he doesn't want to sell anything to me :( He didn't bring me something really good for a long time... But there are some nice items still:

Heartripper. How do you guys use it? Do you allow the enemies to move close and then hit them, or what?
    Huetotl's Firebrand. The weapon is obviously powerful for (majortoken)(minortoken), but would you buy a second copy?
    General Gelom's Helm. I already have Nasrum's Moccasins, but this may work with some new armor... but which one?

5. Pawndawan

Heartripper is unique, you have to give it that. I use it in SP and some close quarters leagues. Don't have experience running it in regular ranked.

I wouldn't buy 2nd Huetotl's Firebrand, but would be quite happy to get it as a loot drop. I don't know about General Jelom's Helm (fixed the link, btw) vs. Nasrum's Moccasins. In a vacuum Dangerous Maneuver is more versatile than Officer's Harness. Mimetic Crown is found in heavy armors and helmets, so I guess the Moccasins win that one too. Either way, I wouldn't buy it.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

@BlackVoidDeath - Ferocity is definitely good to have. St. Portia's Maul is my #1 go-to tokenless weapon in SP if I'm not running vamps or need something specific. They can also work pretty well in MP if you need tokens elsewhere. Pricey, though.
    I bought a 3rd, but I was stacked with gold at the time. I run them on triple-vamps in SP because vamps love frenzy, hate armor, and often have spare tokens. (But I don't recommend running triple-vamp in MP.)

7. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

8. Pawndawan

Sir Veza and j3st3ri like this.
  9. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

I haven't used heartripper myself, but having been on the receiving end of repeated punishing bolts to my elf warrior at start of a round, I've always wanted one.

10. RJJ

RJJ Kobold

11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

All four are good items and probably worth the purchase. For my personal taste I'd rank them:
    1. Heartripper
    2. Softner
    3. Avakiria's
    4. Lunginator
    Gloomthirst and Smoag's are good items in very specific narrow builds, Quick Jon isn't bad, I'd skip Torching Staff.

Would be the top one out of your list for me, but a number of those are decent items.

It's greatest power is in SP where it can one-shot many characters or do serious damage to others. That said, when used properly it can do the most damage of any staff in MP too, just much harder to use.

Instant buy imo.

12. Pawndawan

@RJJ: Yes, grab Blue Destruction as soon as possible.

I wouldn't buy the others unless you're desperately needing them. Quellic's Boots have cheaper alternative in Kerrick's Boots, which work just fine.

Here are my recycled thoughts about Bolg's Big Iron Plate:

13. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I've already purchased a 2nd Searing Pain (because, you know, 2 Searing Pains are better than 1 ;)). Now I'm pondering about the following:

14. Pawndawan

@Bandreus: Grats on the 2nd Searing Pain! :) I would get Atomic Drop Console, since I doubt BM will ever print better Radiation Bomb item.

Skip the rest. Because you have Searing Pains and probably other burst staves, 3rd Staff Of A Million Embers seems like a overkill and money wasted. I really don't see Vak's Portable Infirmary as an upgrade from Draining Console, but I haven't experimented with Healing Beacon either. I wouldn't try to fit heavy armor and agility into one character, playing with just one Energizing Move is not reliable enough or did you plan on getting more copies from robes?

15. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

16. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I don't have a specific setup in mind. It's just I'm a sucker for items unlocking otherwise unatteinable deck-building possibilities, so I'm constantly coming up with new excuses to waste more gold on equipment I'll hardly ever use :oops: Think I'll prob skip the boots though

17. Ector

Ector Hydra

They work just fine for the warriors, most of the time, but for the wizards the difference between Flanking Move and Shuffle is huge. Flanking Move allows you to escape and hit the approaching warrior, or to move to position and launch the decisive attack, while Shuffle generally does a little. I like Quellic's Boots for the Firestorm wizards.

Bolg's Big Iron Plate is worth buying IMHO. The attacks are quite decent, and two Surging Shield Blocks add movement and versatility. Plus, it has a unique picture :)

The Infirmary is an instant buy for me since it's the only item in the game with two healing cards of such power. I have one and would instantly buy the second to abuse the healing. Draining Console requires you to move your priest close to the enemy, which may be suicidal.

They already did that - Cursed Radcannon is better. I wish I could sell my Console to you :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  18. Pawndawan

Ector likes this.
  19. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Bandreus likes this.