The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Fry_The_Guy

Fry_The_Guy Lizardman Priest

Thinking about getting the Magma Scepter for farming Kobolds, since volcano seems to be a better option now. Thoughts?

2. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

That sounds like a good idea. I bought a second pair of Sticky Slippers, they seem to be really useful in certain leagues (and the two traits is nothing to laugh about either).

doog37 likes this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Volcano can definitely help. It's great on some other maps as well.

4. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Volcano is a good idea now that farming with FS has gotten more tedious. I guess I'll be buying that staff I posted about in Randimars.

5. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

6. CKaz

CKaz Goblin Champion

yes agreed, lava is more useful for farm - and 1hp

one interesting bit on the new FS - don't forget what it may actually do for you on some maps, eg lord stafford's treasure for the loot fairy, after the first guy I moved my low hp fire vulnerable mage out of range (and not giving enemy 2 free stars) while other mage and priest took care of business

it slows some things down but its more of a positional game with it now

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

That is definitely true. There is better consideration of positioning and even in this case commend it. But now that I have better access to Volcano and have seen some of the havoc it can wreak on tightly packed maps I'm interested in exploring it as an alternative or at the very least as part of my farming build.

ParodyKnaveBob and CKaz like this.
  8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Magma Scepter is one of the best arcane items for SP (I bought one a couple weeks ago and would buy another if I could afford it).

Malign Mace is a good, cheap, tokenless divine weapon if you don't have anything better yet.

9. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

So is the Daily Deal the same for everyone?

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yes. The basic Randimar's is still individually determined.

hatchhermit likes this.
  11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

12. Accent

Accent Hydra

Bought Enormous Tree Branch solely because I don't have one yet.

A new Legendary every day is really, really tempting, but I'll hold out for a really good one.

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

And the balance changes more than doubled the damage on that weapon.

14. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Today we have Miligar's Dragon Tongue. As a legendary source of the hard-to-get Flame Jet, it seems like a good purchase to me.

Bandreus likes this.
  15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

The Jaguar Buckler, with the new balance changes, also is a pretty good buy.

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I bought the buckler and the charge boots :eek:

I haven't been grinding much this past month, so I'm selling my legendary treasures to make ends meet...

17. rowspower

rowspower Goblin Champion

You could always drop down to 1 copy of each common/uncommon/rare item you have and don't use (if it hurts that much to sell treasure).

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Takes too long to sell all that... gotta hope for sell excess someday.

Sir Veza and wavy like this.
  19. Tardis

Tardis Kobold

Anyone think the Nifty Halberd is worth it with the nerf to Nimble Strike?

I only have one, and was looking for months before I found that one. But despite my long term aspirations, I think I'll let this pass.

20. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Yeah, you can pass on Nifty Halberd. It's still a decent tokenless weapon, but you have to consider that it's 50% Weak Chop and 50% "useful" attacks . Overall the damage is just so low, I would stick to Blazing Shortsword, Unbalanced Doloire, etc. There are only a few maps where the Weak Chop would be useful, and that's only with Frenzy support.

Sir Veza likes this.