Ozyola's Oddments #1

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pawndawan, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

What is Ozyola's Oddments? The original OO thread was about Photoshopping silly new cards and/or items. This series is about creating and submitting items that meet the current restrictions similar to the original Aloyzo's Arsenal. Like Aloyzo, Ozyola is also quite temperamental—every month, he may have some restriction on what kind of item he’s willing to make. Still: he might fill your order! Use the form below to request his services.

(Disclaimer: Do note that this has nothing to do with BM and is only a fan-made homage for your amusement only. )

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ozyola's Oddments #1
    (closes on sometime around Sunday 7th, February)

this month's restriction: overpowered (OP) items only! see clarification below.

# Order Form
    Every month or so, you have a chance for Ozyola to photoshop an item of your choice. To place an order, make a post in this thread. Limit one post per player per thread. When you place your order, you must include the following information:

1. Item Name
    Ozyola does not guarantee that he will craft your item with the requested name.

2. Item Slot (e.g. Arcane Item) (+ rarity & item level)
    E.g. "Arcane Item (level 10, Rare, (minortoken)" — Ozyola won't craft your item if you do not at least specify item slot. Posting info about rarity and item level makes it easier & faster to create statistics about the submissions.

3. Cards
    Ozyola recommends that you only request cards already on existing items of the requested slot, as these enchantments are more likely to work. Dabbling is risky. Especially this time! Posting both text wiki links and images of the cards makes it easier and more pleasant for others to visualize & compare your submission.

DO NOT submit any accompanying explanation of why your item should be selected. Submit only the above 3 pieces of information. If you need to say more about your item, do it in the Smithy.
    • You do not need to preordain the level or rarity of the item you're ordering, but it is strongly recommended. @Vakaz has set up a tool to make such an endeavor easier if you feel like trying.
    • That said, items of particularly high quality may be too complex for Ozyola to craft.
    (If your submission would be level 21+, it is unlikely to be selected.)
    • Also, Ozyola isn't interested in crafting existing items, so please make sure your idea doesn't already exist in-game by consulting the wiki.

# Clarification of This Month's Restrictions "Creating Overpowered item"
    Okay, I think we need to get this theme under the way. This month's challenge is a hard one, and a complicated one for various reasons. Read carefully.

# Clarification of Number of Winners
    Ozyola will Photoshop TWO winning items, see below:

I, Ozyola, will pick one winner from each thread. I also create community choice poll, where you can vote for your favorite item. Ten (10) submissions with most likes will get selected to the community poll, so your likes count too!

# Rewards
    THERE IS NO IN-GAME PRIZES! This in only social forum game / event.

What you get if Ozyola accepts your order:
    • a Photoshopped version of your item, delivered straight to the forums!
    • I will also try to make a short video, where I talk about my favorites and/or other submissions.
    # Questions
    Q:
    Can I submit more than one item?
    A: If you want to submit multiple ideas, you have to do it over multiple threads/months. Only one submission per thread!

Q: I submitted an item last month. Can I submit it again?
    A: Yes, but be warned that it might not be worthy of Ozyola's consideration if it hasn't already been selected. Also, different threads may have different restrictions, so one thread's submission may not qualify the next.

Q: When do submissions close?
    A: My plan is to keep Ozyola's Oddments iteration shorter than AA. Maybe even two OOs per month, we'll see. Submissions for OO #1 will close sometime around Sunday 7th, February.

Q: Is there anything that will instantly disqualify my item?
    A: Follow the month's design restrictions and you'll be fine. If you'd rather try to be silly/funny or just want to break the rules (instead of maybe just slightly bending them), consider using the original Ozyola's Oddments: Custom Item Photoshopping! thread instead.

Other questions? Suggestions for upcoming themes, collaboration offers for videos, etc. Ask / post in the discussion thread.

Please only post in this thread to submit an order. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

EDITED SUBMISSION

gulo gulo
    Glass Cannon
    Level 10 Epic (minortoken)(minortoken)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Deadlier, Deadlier Staff
    Level 21, Legendary (majortoken)(majortoken)

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Fireballs on a double minor token staff is quite powerful, but at the same time the three handicaps are quite crippling as the item name implies.

It still has some room for more min/maxing. One of the black handicaps could be replaced with a paper card (eg. Flash Of Agony) and it still would be double minor staff (lvl 12). That would make it a bit more OP, but at the same time would dilute the original fragile feel of the submission.

Both Combustible and Vulnerable have the additional drawback of pushing off useful wizard traits or buffs, so maybe the staff would’ve been more powerful with three Brain Burns?

Lastly, I’m not an expert on burst wizards, but I’m not sure I would replace both Searing Pains with this Glass Cannon. Most of the great control Arcane Items cost a minor token, so I might have trouble using all four major tokens for non-staves.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
  3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Maniafig
    Level 6 Common Human Skill
    Thinking Out Loud

Inspirational Thinking, Obvious Maneuver x2
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    This was love at first sight for me. Really clever and surprising submission.

When I first think about creating OP Human Skills, the most obvious cards would be multiple copies of Sprint, Team!, All Out Attack or Jump, Soldier!. But all those items would cost at least a minor token and it would force the build to commit to a certain strategy.

What I like about Thinking Out Loud is the tokenless cost. It provides huge deck thinning and you can slap it to almost any human character to make it better.

But the most shocking thing is, when you compare this with Cautious Mobility, that bloody elf skill still wins it hands down.

4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

timeracers
    Enchanted Robes
    Robes
    Level 7, Legendary
    Mimetic Crown, 2x Enchanted Harness
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Kudos for trying to find loopholes in the submission guidelines. The really low rating for Enchanted Harness in Robes was really great find. At first I couldn’t believe it and thought that you must have made a mistake.

Unfortunately neither of those cards have been printed on Robes, so this submission violates the OO#1 design guidelines. I think Enchanted Harness’ rating for wizards will surely change to something higher, if it ever gets printed on Robes.

billiska, Lucky Dice, Adunien and 4 others like this.
  5. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

setharue
    Nuclear Grenade Launcher
    Divine Weapon
    Lv 20 (majortoken)(majortoken)
    5x Radiation Bomb , 1x Savage Curse

[​IMG] Feedback:
    People have been complaining about Radiation Bomb and Savage Curse, so combining them both on the same item seems natural. Currently you get 2 Bombs + one bad card (Mind Worm) per major token or 1.5 Bombs with nice buffs and some cycling in the form of Cursed Radcannon.

Nuclear Grenade Launcher ups the Bombs per major token ratio to 2.5, but I’m not sure it’s enough. I’m big fan of Unholy Energy that helps to replace cards discarded by Savage Curse.

I think even more powerful version would’ve been a lvl 21 Divine Weapon with 4x Radiation Bomb, Unholy Energy & Inspiration? Or maybe a lvl 17 major/minor version would be the way to go? Or creating a lvl 21 Divine Item with two Bombs and Inspiration would be the most min/maxed version?

6. Reint

Reint Ogre

Reint

Nimble Bludgeoner of Rage
    Level 19(.5) Epic Weapon, (majortoken)(majortoken)
    3x Mighty Bludgeon, 2x Nimble Strike, 1x Blind Rage

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Big attacks, check. Good quality step attacks, check. Blind Rage, check. This weapon has it all and makes all current double major token weapons look like cheap toothpicks. But I still find it a bit lacking. What would happen if we turn that OP knob to 11?

The submitted weapon is only lvl 19(.5), so that leaves quite much room for improvement. Those three additional points could be used to upgrade one Mighty Bludgeon to Obliterating Bludgeon (gold to emerald) for example.

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Sir Veza, Jarmo, Reint and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

1. Space Heater Staff
    2. Staff
    3. 6x Firestorm
    Level 1, tokenless Legendary

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Simple and elegant, but I’m not so sure about the OP-factor, at least for multiplayer. Currently tokenless wizards can bring 14 Firestorms to lvl 2 - 4 campaign adventures. Two Space Heater Staves add 8 more Firestorms per wizard, that’s almost 60 % increase!

Of course being only lvl 0, this has also room for improvement, like Reint's Nimble Bludgeoner of Rage. But lvl 6 staff with 2x Ember Burst and 4x Firestorm would be quite boring upgraded version of Staff Of The Inferno. So at least Sir Veza’s current submission of 6x Firestorm is a bit more unique, even though it’s not maxed to the limit.

9. Super4011

Super4011 Lizardman Priest

1.Berserker's Ancient Pulverizer
    2.Weapon (Level 19, (majortoken)(majortoken) Two major tokens, Epic)
    3. 3xPulverizing Hack, 1x Blind Rage, 2x Obvious Maneuver.

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Big attacks, check. Blind Rage and other cheap traits to provide cycling and reducing item level, check. I just echo what I said about Reint's Nimble Bludgeoner of Rage. It’s only lvl 19, so there is still room to squeeze more damage or tech into this weapon.

Apart from cramming more damage into a single weapon, It doesn’t really bring anything new to the table. Still, a solid OP weapon design.

rinco69, Krunail, Maniafig and 4 others like this.
  10. billiska

billiska Ogre

1. Vibrant Drain
    2. Divine Weapon (lvl 17 (minortoken)(majortoken) legendary)

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Oh my… this submission bends the OO #1 guidelines a bit, as discussed earlier, but I think that’s quite acceptable. I really like the item name and design that pays homage to Vibrant Pain.

Traditionally, many vampires struggle with movement, because there isn’t really a weapon that combines good step attacks with drains. Lifesuck Spear is quite ok, I guess, but Vibrant Drain just raises everything to totally different level.

The only question remains, would this weapon be a better or more useful with 1:1 ratio of steps and drains (3x Nimble Strike, 3x Invigorating Touch). Current 2:1 ratio makes this lvl 17 weapon, which is the max for major/minor weapon and part of its charm, but maybe lvl 16 version would be a bit more useful, who knows?

11. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

FDrybob
    Ogre King's Unblockable Maul
    Level 21 Legendary Weapon (majortoken)(majortoken)
    2x Pulverizing Bludgeon, Violent Spin, 2x Unnerving Strike, Clumsy

[​IMG] Feedback:
    The submission gets extra points for being a lvl 21 weapon, the current max there is. So in that regard it’s “better” OO #1 submission that Reint’s or Super4011’s weapons. On the other hand, Clumsy hasn’t been printed on weapons, so that’s a quite big no-no.

Maybe it’s just me, but I expect a bit more tech (blocks, step attacks or other special attack) from double major weapons. I don’t know, maybe I want more to be a ninja than a clumsy heavy-hitter.

12. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

ParodyKnaveBob

Debilitation Hacking Module

Divine Item (Level 8, tokenless, Uncommon)

Destructive Purge x2, Radiation Bolt
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Really unique and powerful tokenless divine item. Unfortunately Destructive Purge hasn’t been printed on Divine Items, so it fails to follow submission guidelines.

This item would turn priests into scary ranged disruptors and add quite much chaos and randomness to the game. So I think that’s a good thing, at least when the task was to create OP item Blue Manchu would never print. ;)

13. Hidden Jaguar

Hidden Jaguar Lizardman Priest

1. Hidden Jaguar
    2. Sal's Laser Halberd
    3. Weapon (level 21, (majortoken)(majortoken), Legendary)
    4. 3 x Laser Block, Strong Hack, 2 x Blind Rage
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Fun and powerful weapon that bends the submission guidelines a bit. I like the nod towards Crazy Sal’s Halberd. I just copy what I wrote earlier: “Submission is quite ok, even though it doesn't have two or more attacks. Laser Block generates attacks, so it's closer to attack card than other blocks.

Since it doesn't meet the requirement of at least two attacks (Axe Of Evasion), maybe it would be better to be closer to Crazy Sal's Halberd with 3 x Laser Block, 3 x Blind Rage. On the other hand, without that Strong Hack (or any other bronze attack), it would lose it's min/maxed lvl 21 feel.”

FDrybob, Adunien, Han Lee and 3 others like this.
  14. Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
  15. Adunien

Adunien War Monkey

1. Adunien
    2. Big Red Cushion
    3. Divine Armor (minortoken) Level 17
    4.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Both Force Field and Cushioning Armor has been printed only in major token armors, so this lvl 17 minor token submission should be quite powerful.

Consuming Spear rounds out the submission nicely. The draining attack fits to the tanky theme, but unfortunately it hasn’t been printed on Divine Armors, so the submission loses some points for that. Sapping Spear comes close, but it doesn’t give the same OP feel as the more stronger version.

16. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

1. Parrying Axe
    2. Weapon, ((minortoken)(minortoken), level 12 epic)
    3. Obliterating Chop, 2x Parry, 3x Impetuous Slash

[​IMG] Feedback:
    I haven’t heard about axe used for parrying before, but this thing looks deadly and really powerful. Three traits at double minor give warriors plenty of deck thinning.

This weapon can hold its own against current double minor powerhouses (Eixocl's Hammer, Rageblood Dagger, Troll's Ire) and at the same time feel really unique. Sure, following Troll’s Ire card scheme 2:2:2 with 2x Obliterating Chop, 2x, Parry, 2x Blind Rage (lvl 12) might’ve been more powerful, but at the same time quite dull version that doesn’t feel fresh.

Double minor weapon hits the right spot for me. I feel that there are more good options for major/minor and double major weapons, than there is double minor weapons. For that reason Parrying Axe is a welcome addition.

Parrying Axe is a nice mix of Crazy Sal's Halberd & Blocking Mace with no bad cards and a cheaper token cost. Impetuous Slash might not be as undervalued as Blind Rage, but at least it does not damage the user and force to empty the hand from attacks. So it plays quite well with the parrying theme.

17. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

BlackVoidDeath
    Lightsaber
    Weapon
    x1 Laser Block | x3 Laser Strike | x2 Telekinesis
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Level 18.5 | (majortoken)(majortoken) | Epic

[​IMG] Feedback:
    I’ve always felt that wizards are much closer to jedis than warriors. Mainly because of Luke’s Iron Hand, Ironwood Staff Of The Magus and Amethyst Crystal Shard. I’ve also thought that Nimble Strike is quite close to Force Jump.

Tightly themed submission, but Telekinesis is not found on warriors. Like some other weapon submissions, this has also room for higher quality cards, Laser Thrust for example.

18. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

WexMajor
    Dragonplate Armor
    Heavy armor
    Level 21
    Chain Harness, Arrogant Armor, Enchanted Mail
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Paying a major token for Heavy Armor is big investment, so the bar is set pretty high. Dragonplate Armor is the only (and best) major token armor with Enchanted Mail.

Arrogant Armor fits quite well with the dragon (Blizkenripper) theme, but is really overcosted armor for tanking. For ultimate all-in-one major token tanking armor, maybe Enchanted Armor, Enchanted Harness, Officer’s Harness would be better.

FDrybob and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  19. LieutenantCommanderData
    Staff of Inevitable Fireballs
    Staff

4x Fireball | 2x Obvious Maneuver
    Fireball.jpeg Fireball.jpeg Fireball.jpeg Fireball.jpeg Obvious_Maneuver.jpeg Obvious_Maneuver.jpeg

Level 17(majortoken)(minortoken) | Legendary

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Many consider Searing Pain to be the most powerful staff, so it’s not really a surprise that we got two clone staff submissions. While gulo gulo’s Glass Cannon was the little brother, LCD’s Staff of Inevitable Fireballs is the big brother they all want to be.

With that added trait cycling and one more Fireball compared to Searing Pain, wizards might have trouble finding filler cards to burn for Savage Curse. All in all, nicely min/maxed staff, too bad Obvious Maneuver isn’t printed on staves.

rinco69, Krunail, Flaxative and 10 others like this.
  20. think_panther
    Forgotten Lore
    Human Skill, lv21 (1 major token)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    I really like the min/maxed feel of pairing emerald cards with black ones and having nothing in between. Like WexMajor's Dragonplate Armor, paying a major token for racial skill is big investment and in this case a great gamble as well.

It’s a shame that Armor Practice or Defense Skill isn’t printed on player items, because they would certainly allow some silly builds, for example making Xander's Apprentice more powerful.

Dropped Guard fits the theme well, but is really crippling if you draw it after playing one (or both!) of the fetch cards. I think Dropped Guard is so risky addition, that this item isn’t really OP.

Han Lee, Harvet, Krunail and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.