[Fun deck] Xander's Apprentice

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Lucky Dice, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Skazwan
    Level 13 Dwarf Warrior

Omniknight
    Level 24 Human Priest

Zorngerr
    Level 1 Human Priest

I should mention I tanked Mighty Bludgeon without taking any damage from it. It takes not many turns to set up tbh.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I did that once in CoC (I think it was the EttSC elf warrior). Four successful armor rolls on four different types of armor to block exactly 11 damage.

3. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I think I had around 7 Officer's Harnesses, Enchanted Harness and something else. So I was tanky as hell.

4. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

You had 1 polearm and a reliable mail too xD

5. I ve tried a deck like that. Its really fun until sundering strike or boiling armor :p

6. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

You know what, I've won twice after getting a Sundering or Boiling Armor. The trick is in getting Enchanted Harness late. So that it gets sundered first and there's a bigger chance of all the Officer's Harnesses to stay with you.

7. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Oh, and THAT JUST HAPPENED:

[​IMG]

FDrybob, visak13, Mama Mia and 5 others like this.
  8. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I still have no idea why am I taking the joke even further, but hey, I upgraded my small weird deck.

Omniknight
    Level 24 Human Priest

Zorngerr
    Level 1 Human Priest

Xanderventurer
    Level 1 Human Warrior

As you might have seen from the screen above, I started using a Human Warrior. That's not because Dwarf is too tanky, but because of a few things:

1. I have an extra AMAZING draw in Inspirational Thinking, as well as an extra step for my supporters and a block!
    2. I can get an extra token for whatever purpose should I replace my current human skill with... absolutely nothing. That would allow me to get some extra walks AND replace currently used Corian's Boots with Kelharin's Clogs used by my priests, resulting in total of THREE Team Walks spread across the team!
    3. Run instead of Walk for a racial movement is really good. Usually four tiles is the most optimal distance between yourself and your opponent, so going 3 tiles and hitting people with Polearm Slashes is... just fine!

My priests are slightly more balanced in terms of cards too. Replacing Amulet Of Inspiration with Smoky Talisman was a small hesitant step towards freeing a token. My only complaint about the current itemization is that I'm using 5 minor tokens, so there's a potential to upgrade something. I just don't see what exactly here.

I think the balance of 4 Inspirations, 3 Martyr Blessings and 3 Stone Feet is just right for my priests. In theory (so basically, never), you should have both of these throughout the entire game. And even if you end up with too many of Stone Feet, your priest can be slightly more tanky!

I also broke one of my habits. I always thought a support priest should ALWAYS have the Sacrificial Axe. But this was what brought my priests to an unevitable doom, getting sniped by wizards and approached by warriors. Now, with Vampire's Blade, not only I can have a more sustainable priest, I can also use my Advanced Battlefield Training to transfer lifesteal to my Xanderventurer and heal him that way! He has tons of blind rage, so he's more likely to use it in a better way.

I LOVE the idea of this deck and I'm bound to upgrade it more and more.

9. Drake Arron

Drake Arron Kobold

I, too, love this deck idea. If only because of the picture you have in your signature :p. I only wish I could make it, as it seems to have more legendaries then a burst wizard deck... any chance it's possible to make a cheap version of this deck? I would love to hold 11 pieces of armor on a character one day close in the future :p.

10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

With Officer's Harness being rare, Enchanted Harness being rare and Polearm Slash being rare... well, I don't think so~

11. Drake Arron

Drake Arron Kobold

Ah, okay. Oh well. Good luck with it though!

12. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Xander was a fine, mighty battlemage. A living inspiration. A legend. Cardhuntrians lucky and skilled enough to survive chaotic caverns were sometimes able to witness his power and his defensive capabilities.

While power was certainly something most Cardhuntrians strove for, there was one, odd wall-shattering one, who was truly amazed by the other one of Xander's specialties. Apparently, he also happened to know his brother, unknowingly to the world.

And that brother's name... was Xander's Brother
    no I can't take this, that's just too stupid

here's the deck

Xander's Brother
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Oh mean
    Level 1 Human Priest

Emtarant
    Level 18 Human Priest

At the moment of writing this I've yet to lose a match, I think. I actually lost against Scarponi, but he WAS using one of the deck's weaknesses, so I'll let it slide

This thing used to be a joke deck. Started with priests ABTing even more harnesses to the warrior and doing other crazy stunts, ended in the current form.

In its old form, this deck had several weak points, but two of them were these two giant walking exclamation marks priests doing everything for the warrior. Well, Mitternacht might've been good on the zombie theme, but it certainly gave them some extra life.

both Investigate and Sacred Shroud are very useful, but together? Together they are absurd. One card tells an opponent "hit me!", the other tells him "don't hit me!". thanks to all that, I'm usually able to shrug off burffft and heal off very serious injuries.

If you have all the tools, feel free to give that a try.

FDrybob and ParodyKnaveBob like this.