Ozyola's Oddments #1

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pawndawan, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

1. Frostguard
    2. Crazy Sal's Hefty Pike
    3. Weapon (Level 14, one major and one minor token, epic)
    4. Impaling Stab, Impaling Stab, Lunging Bash, Lunging Bash, Blind Rage, Blind Rage

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Interesting mix of Crazy Sal’s Halberd, Double-edged Sword and Eixocl's Hammer. Bashes pair up nicely with stabs, but maybe upgrading those step attacks to Nimble Strikes would make this more powerful.

Lvl 14 still leaves quite big room for upgrades / improvements, because the max level of major/minor weapons is 17.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
    rinco69, Lucky Dice, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  2. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Amulet of Savage Iljin

Divine Item (Level 9, one minor, epic)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Players can already get two Savage Curses + gold card without paying a token in the form of Skull Of Savage Iljin, so the question is, should you pay minor token for upgrading Inspiring Presence to Unholy Wellspring.

I don’t think it’s worth it. More obvious route for OP Divine Item would’ve been to squeeze two Unholy Wellsprings into minor token item, for example Cheeckbone of St. Bob, lvl 17 (minor): 2x Unholy Wellspring, Sapping Spear.

3. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

Euclid's Staff of Ancient Geometry

Staff (Level 12, (minortoken)(minortoken), Epic)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    I really like the unique linear theme and the Spritastrophe vibes this staff gives. Like with weapons, I think the double minor category is the most lacking in staves, so this would be nice addition.

I think Euclid's Staff of Ancient Geometry is a bit too unfocused to be considered OP and a bit too powerful to be a winning AA submission. If the ranking criterion for OO #1 would’ve been something else than the item’s power level, this staff would’ve been very high on my winning list.

rinco69, FDrybob, Maniafig and 4 others like this.
  4. hello world

hello world Hydra

Defective baptism mace
    3 mighty bludgeon,2 purging strike,1 demonic revenge.
    Should be just a minor token

[​IMG] Feedback:
    It’s refreshing to see a single minor Divine Weapon. Or at least I think it’s Divine Weapon, since it has 6 cards and Demonic Revenge.

I must admit, I first disregarded this submission because it didn’t have card images and I missed the token cost info. Now that I took the time to picture the weapon it’s actually surprisingly strong, at least if you’re fan of Mighty Bludgeons.

Defective Baptism Mace is the only (single) minor token weapon with those 13 dmg attacks and only weapon with 3 copies of the card, so it should please players who like their priests to be heavy hitters.

Two Purging Strikes add some nice tech to this weapon and make this lvl 8.5, the highest a single token weapon can be. Campaign players might like to have Able Bludgeons instead of Purging Strikes, but I think those Purging Strikes are more fitting for the theme and given the fact(?) that it’s a Divine Weapon.

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Final entry:

FTL Footwear
    level 21 Common boots (majortoken)
    Teleport Self, Sprint, Sprint

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    These boots will get you to places. It has nice name and tight theme, apparently you sprint faster than light and eventually all that sprinting creates some disruption in the spacetime that lets you to teleport.

There is already couple of major token boots with Teleport Self and Crazy Fast Boots has two Sprints for minor token, so I don’t FTL Footwear is really OP.

If I had to come up with OP boots, pairing Clumsy with double Teleport Self, Team Walk, Violent Spin or Muscle Through for lvl 15 minor token Boots would be my first obvious but maybe a bit boring choices.

Nevertheless, I like the theme. As I’ve said earlier major token items have big shoes to fill if they want to be truly OP.

6. melkor_unlimited

melkor_unlimited Orc Soldier

Hard bash
    12 level (minortoken) martial skill
    Crusher
    Bruiser
    Lunging Bash

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    I think many of us dream of turning Potent Spark into linear Obliterating Spark by having both Spark Inductor and Spark Generator active at the same time, but chances for that are pretty low.

Hard Bash chases similar melee dream that all fans of The Lunginator seem to share. I agree that Hard Bash is quite powerul, but it’s quite narrow. It requires a certain build, so I don’t consider it really OP. I still think Savvy Attacker is generally more useful and powerful for most warrior builds.

Although lvl 12 leaves room for more powerful bashes, I think Lunging Bash is the strongest choice, better than Bash or Able Bash. The only problem is, that Lunging Bash hasn’t been printed on Martial Skill before.

WexMajor, Sir Veza, FDrybob and 2 others like this.
  7. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Patient Zero
    Elf Skill
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Clearly better than Infected. Shame that FEstering Guts might be a bit overcosted and we can’t have tokenless zombie skills. Honestly, I’m quite glad for that amethyst rating, but for the sake of OO#1, I would’ve liked to have a possibility for tokenless Festering Guts skill.

I like the theme, although I had to google the item name. Dangerous Maneuver is undercosted, so I’m a bit surprised that this is the only item with it. It helps you to cover great distances and has the added bonus of damaging the infected patient itself.

Maybe Brutal Charge might’ve been more powerful, but Dangerous Maneuver is certainly more fitting for the overall theme. Since Festering Guts hasn’t been printed on Elf Skills, going all the way and combining it with Squishy and Vulnerable might’ve worked too.

8. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  9. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Results for the Ozyola's Oddments #1 are now live! If you want to watch the video first before knowing the winners, stop scrolling around the forums now:

The winning items for OO #1 are...
    @billiska's Vibrant Drain (lvl 17 Legendary Divine Weapon, (majortoken)(minortoken))
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

@Maniafig's Thinking Out Loud (lvl 6 Common Hunan Skill, tokenless)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

degensquared, Krunail, CT5 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.