163 Damage in a single attack

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Kerensky, May 27, 2014.

1. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

Happened one night during campaign, couldn't resist recording it.

(20 + 3) x 2 x 2 x 2 = 184.

Woulda been the most epic block of all time except for that roll of 1.

tolkien and neoncat like this.
  2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Gratz!

Sorry to be that guy, but the +3 buff is counted only after the base damage has been multiplied. You can actually see this in the video, when the Mass Frenzy is shown only after all the knuckle dusters. All Out Attack only multiplies base damage, not any buffs. So it's 163 damage.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
    Flaxative likes this.
  3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

By the way, if you want to try for even bigger hits, stacking more All Out Attacks to one character with the Training cards works. 544 damage has been videoed, can anyone go higher :)?

4. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

Oops, I guess you are right. Only 163 :p

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm working on this myself (over on the test sever). I believe the absolute maximum possible right now is Almighty Hack, 7x All Out Attack, and Blind Rage. Obviously, you have to be really, really careful with that Rage...

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

New information is coming in (read also the next few posts, also on the next page)! It turns out it's actually not AoAs first and buffs second but "cards in hand trigger left to right (newest to oldest, cards transferred with Battlefield Training counting as new), then attached cards." Sorry about the misinformation earlier.

Bandreus likes this.
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes, I realised that when I wrote the above, I just thought it best to update the latest knowledge about the basic principles involved also to the latest thread handling the area. Maybe it will be relevant in the future. Also, I feel it's important to get the math right even when it doesn't change a particular result.

9. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Did they change it so that AoA actually stacks with itself? Back in January when I tested it, it didn't seem like it did - 3 AoA's on an Almighty Hack would net you 80 damage (20+20+20+20) rather than 160 (20*2*2*2).

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I don't know about changing, but it currently stacks with itself. See this and the next post.