Gotcha! Rules FAQ

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Dec 5, 2013.

1. bigdiff

bigdiff Kobold

2. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Something I found out some time ago: Bloodied Block doesn't block everything when you are below full health as most may think. If you are hit with a hard to block attack or have something attached like Bad Luck, then it can fail. Example: you are hit with a Mighty Spark that has hard to block 2. If you roll a 2 or a 1, then the dice will go down to 1 and then up to five, but it will fail (a bug, maybe?).

Another thing I realized about the new items: Mystical Wyrmhide (and I believe the same happens with Mystical Drakehide, but I haven't tested that one) will clean any attachment you had if you are hit with the same attack and roll 4 or more, because apparently the attachment's replacement is done before you roll the die (otherwise, the old attachment would remain). Example: you are hit with FS, you roll a 2 with Mystical Wyrmhide, then FS gets attached to your mage. Then in the same turn you get hit with FS again and you roll a 4, your old FS attachment will disappear (and will be attached to the attacker, but in the FS case that would happen anyway). This works too even if you are the one that casted the spell first, in this example FS. You can then cast FS, it will get attached to you (no rolling there because it's your attack), and then if your opponent casts FS in the same turn and you roll 4 or higher, it will clean your FS attachment.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    Sir Veza and neoncat like this.
  3. zeroth_hour

zeroth_hour Goblin Champion

I knew that (it's the basis of the Vampire Priest after all). But Healing Benediction also triggers Talented Healer, so delayed healing cards also trigger it. Curiouser and Curiouser...

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Anything with Heal on it. :)

5. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

If someone with a Raging Strike attacks someone with a Barbed Platemail, the attacker only takes 4 not 7 damage.

Bandreus and neoncat like this.
  6. Lord Feleran

Punishing Bolt -> target has only Quick Reactions -> rolls 4+ -> Bolt does 4 not 2 damage.
    Unless it was a Toughness :p

Sir Veza and Pengw1n like this.
  7. zeroth_hour

Martyr Blessing is triggered by Attachment DoTs controlled by your opponent.

neoncat likes this.
  8. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

Firestorm will always affect the enemy team before you own, regardless of who passed first and using the order in which a team is setup. The same applies to Whirlwind, or any other card that may ignore Line of Sight (LOS) UNLESS they are postive cards such as Elvish Scamper.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    neoncat likes this.
  9. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

A combination of Sparkling Cloth Armor and Path Of Knives, without any armor buffering, will always trigger a move effect. Yes, you could technically do another lap of the board :D!

neoncat likes this.
  10. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

corrected thnx flax!

neoncat likes this.
  11. Lord Feleran

When standing at the edge of a board, it counts as being next to a blocking terrain even if there's no blocked terrain next to you.

doog37 and neoncat like this.
  12. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Would simply be easier to say "the edge of the board counts as blocking terrain".

neoncat likes this.
  13. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

-If opponant plays a card with multiple targets and two of your guys Duck it, only one of your guy will keep the blocked card.

-If you play a Violent Overswing and your last card is a Frenzy Aura you'll deal only 10 damages, not 13.

neoncat likes this.
  14. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I don't know if this is a bug or a tip but as the game is perfect I'll go for a tip.

Maze Of The Mind doesn't trigger when you use step attacks. So if you want to move freely on a map where the opponant uses it, think steps!

neoncat, Sir Veza and Jarmo like this.
  15. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

This was a surprise to me. I had All Out Attack between two Frenzy Auras. I played Vicious Thurst (7 damage). AoA doubled the first frenzy, but not the other for 23 damge = (7 + 3) * 2 + 3. I would have expected 20 = 7 * 2 + 3 + 3.

frenzy aura doubled cropped.png

neoncat likes this.
  16. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Maybe it had to do with the order the cards were sitting in your character's hand?

neoncat likes this.
  17. zeroth_hour

Bandreus is correct, passive card effects like Frenzy Aura and All Out Attack get applied from newest -> oldest (left to right) if I remember correctly. I forget whether attachment effects (Mass Frenzy etc) get applied before or after passive card effects.

neoncat likes this.
  18. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I don't know if this one is well known or not (I believe it is), but Barbed Platemail doesn't prevent the fire damage from Fiery Stab if you roll 4 or higher. Probably a bug.

19. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Yes, known bug.

20. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Wow, this one is a known bug from april and they didn't fix it yet? How hard could it be? Anyway, this is not the thread for that discussion..

Lord Feleran likes this.