Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

I will definitely do as soon as I can.

2. Ector

Ector Hydra

Wow! That's what anyone can call a great luck!
    There are lot of great items, but only two "must haves": the Skull and Raging Battler. You shouldn't miss them.
    If you want to go the fireburner way and purchase a White Flame, then you will need Azgul's Orb too. Alternatively, you can skip the burning for now and try to build a Volcano wizard with two Wym's Lavastaffs. You will need just one Mordecai's Staff Of Magma to build a decent Volcano party. This is the way I recommend you to go: buy the best items now and try to farm enough gold for the Lavastaff.

3. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

4. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Amulet Of Blades is very nice, but keep in mind Booming Ring, Forval's Chain and Sarigo's Rod are all good alternatives. Would only buy if I was extremely serious about putting the ultimate PoK-build together.

While Butt Zapp Punishing Bolt is far riskier than it used to be in its shorter-range form, it still packs quite the punch. Heartripper remains one of the deadliest staves around, if you know how to get the best use out of it (i.e. steal priority => profit).

Hylithia's Robes are awesome, as long as you are willing to separate your wizard from his Resistant Hide. (I have no problem doing that regularly, but YMMV).

Wlakwa's Boots: two extremely powerful movement cards. Well worth a gold token imho.

All in all, these are all very good items. I would give The boots precedence, mainly because of the lower cost vs. the value of what you're purchasing. My second pick would be between Heartripper and the Robes, depending on what you're craving more for your wiz builds.

Merdis likes this.
  5. cordelius

cordelius Kobold

6. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Searing Pain is an awesome looking staff for sure.

Still, 2 x Red Flame sounds also very tempting...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  8. Ector

Ector Hydra

Go for a second Red Flame. There are no good items, there are only good decks :) And two Red Flames is a base for a good fireburner wizard. You will need some arcane items for him, but they are easier to get compared to the staves.

9. Accent

Accent Hydra

I have a whole lot of not much this week. The best is a Bolg's Big Iron Plate, but I already have two, and don't think I need a third one. (I feel like you wouldn't use that, unless you were running 3x warrior)

10. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

@Youbo: Bynzer's is optional for a vampire. Spear of Darkness is cool, but Vampire's Blade also has 4 drains. Additionally, it is tokenless and has two traits, which help you get your drains!
    I'm also a big fan of Overheated Staff, but 1. I don't play wizards much and 2. Since you have White Flame, you can prob skip it.

@Quibish: That is an impressive lineup! Raging Battler, Blue Destruction, and Bleneth's Skull should be your top priority.

A couple of you have the option of getting Searing Pain. I agree with the others: buy it!

@Kalin: I'd personally get Bewlin's, but I dunno if it's super amazing for SP =/

@BlackVoidDeath: what Questor said.

Fifjunior7 likes this.
  11. Ector

Ector Hydra

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  12. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I'm new player with small collection, so I don't play competitive multiplayer yet, but I'd like to know if there is something in here that should be stocked up in the future, eg. powerful legendaries that are used in multiple build and/or in quantaties either in MP or SP farming:

Legendary:

Epic:

13. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Nothing worth buying this time.
    Black Walnut is ok for SP .. but .. I think you could save money for better SP items..

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  14. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Most interesting from those, at least to me, are:

Dianon's Staff
    (I bought one myself, even though I have 2 x Staff Of Peril)

Focused Thinker
    (I like the idea of using some of the items with horrible handicaps and this item makes using those much more viable)

Quinn's Buckler
    (Hexagon Shield and Twisting Shield are much more viable options and I woudn't buy this, but I still would love to have it)

Superb Stoutness
    (Perfect Toughness makes much more sense, but there's something appealing in SP to be able to sometimes block a powerful and unique attack card and get that attack card for yourself)

Pawndawan likes this.
  15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I agree with Drakkan, the rest are easy to skip but Black Walnut Staff is the best SP Firestorm farming staff besides the Legendary 4x Firestorm + 2x Volcano Wym's Lavastaff (two minor tokens) and the tokenless Legendary Mullik's Blisterstaff (2x Firestorm, 4x Force Cone). Keep in mind Walnut works only for level 5+ adventures as it requires two minor tokens.

I have gotten a lot of use out of my Black Walnuts in Firestorm farming and Loot Fairy hunting -- and still do to this day. I'd stock up on Black Walnuts until they can be replaced by better legendaries, which is probably a long time coming.

I don't care as much for the other Epic Firestorm staff, Staff Of The Inferno, as it comes with two Combustibles, but I did use my copies very heavily until I got better replacements. It is tokenless, though, so often it's the only one that fits if you want max Firestorms even on low levels.

Any of these are essential staff purchases for Firestorm farmers for as long as there is no more room for them in any build for all desired adventure levels. There can never be too many Firestorms on an agricultural wizard.

EDIT: Except when you need to pack also some armor removal to get rid of monster Resistant Hides.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Sir Veza, Bandreus and Pawndawan like this.
  16. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Thanks for the quick replies! I bought the Black Walnut Staff and decided to save rest of my gold. A little off-topic, but can you point me to (Firestorm) farming?

I managed to find these, but some of those seem to be before the balance change when Firestorm was stronger?

17. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Not really a topic for this but:

firestorm farming = use 3x dwarf wizard + as much Firestorm and Volcano-es as you have
    + Resistant Hide armor (Firehide Robes) + Reliable Mails (Bertha's Big Clogs, Kerrick's Steel Boots)

for lvl5-7 good staf is Greenspark Staff (tokenless, rare, good supplement to firestorm)

later on you add more powerful items .. Wym's Lavastaff if you can find any .. Charring Staff is nice, Staff of Blazing Sparks ..
    for Arcane items -> you can add Runestone .. or some controll (Ring of Appropriation)

Dont forget armor removal for some maps (Trogs, Defense of the Woodhome, Wyverns, etc.. )

That's basically it..

Pawndawan likes this.
  18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

We should probably make a "[Farming] - Pre-EttSC" thread, so we'll know it's fairly current, but may soon be obsolete.
    Edit: I'd start it now, but it's past my bedtime and I'd rather be more awake.

19. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Are you looking for a farming wizard? How about this one, wich I mentioned today on another discussion:

In SP, I've used for a long time now Cotton Wizard's Robes, especially in the lower levels that do not have any arcane opponents. I also use Ulalia's Boots together with the Robes quite often. That and all the buffs from my priest makes 2 x Staff Of The Misanthrope WMD.

It also always reminds me of this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Bandreus and Pawndawan like this.
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I like using Staff Of Peril when short on tokens, and you definitely want to grab as many Magma Scepters as you can get. One of my tokenless wizards uses 2x Staff Of The Inferno and an Armorbane Pendant; she is basically guaranteed to be Combustible, but she also has the best chance of drawing Resistant Hide on first round. If she doesn't, she plays her Firestorms first, dies, and the other (who do NOT have Combustible in their decks) finish the job. Goat Boots and Electroporter Novice are other items you want.

Pawndawan likes this.