[Farming] Gravediggers

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Kalin, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I've been trying to farm for some level 12 Halloween items (and failing, so last week I just bought everything I didn't have excess of) and picked the first map of Tomb of Tvericus (Graveyard) because the enemies have no blocks or armor and can't reach you before you're ready.

Firestorm works, but you have to wait and maneuver a bit. So instead I tried to make a Flash Of Agony build, and today I finally got my third Staff Of The Misanthrope and now my build is working very well, (almost) always winning in the first round.

3x level 4 Dwarf Wizard:
    Staff Of The Misanthrope
    Sensate's Ring
    Sensate's Ring
    Firehide Robes
    Glimmer Boots
    Electroporter Novice

You can substitute other things for the arcane items (one of my chars is using Azgul's Orb) and boots, but the traits are the most important thing. Using Armorbane Pendants will allow you to beat the second map too, but that takes too long for farming.

Maybe I should call this build "Squeamish Cats":
    squeamish.png
    Now I'm ready for the Christmas items (all the ones I'm missing are level 12 legendary).

Anyone have a good build for farming level 18 items? I only have 65% of them right now.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I used to farm level 17 a fair amount with The Salt Shaker and later the level 18 "Secret of the Elder Mind" battle 1 "Carrion Trenches" with the same party. I haven't tried it lately but a while back that was the fastest level 18 farming. Level 17 Slimy Foyer is so much faster and it gives out almost as much level 18 items it might still be more efficient overall for level 18 farming.

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You might also try level 1 dwarves for Tvericus level 1.

DM-FoA-1
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard
    - 12 cards with 2 traits gives a fast rotation.
    - Glimmer Boots (or Goat Boots) give a move to get one (hopefully heavily loaded) mage around a corner to avoid harm to comrades.
    - Sparks and Dissolve Armor can weaken the closest zombies so 3 FOA's will take them down.

They don't have many HP, so firing order is important. (1 from each, if possible, then the finisher.) It's probably possible to lose due to bad draws, but I ran it a few dozen times with no losses, and no battles longer than 2 rounds. (>50% in 1.)
    *** NOT recommended for the Mausoleum. ***
    Props to @Qivril for the idea. :)

Obernoob and neoncat like this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That's interesting, but I think the lower health makes it less reliable; I seem to be averaging 90% first round wins with my level 4 dwarves.

Has anyone experimented with level 5 dwarves? You get a third arcane item and a minor token which can be used for a Volcano, but I suspect it's not consistent nor fast enough to be worthwhile.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Well.. yesterday I was averaging 90% first round wins, but today I've been getting horrible draws so the average seem to be closer to 75%.:mad: I still like my build, though.

For the level 1 build, maybe using Bertha's Big Clogs would be better? I can't test it because I only own two Berthas and it would use my last save slot.

6. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Here is my Round 1 party..

Marazzak
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Barazzah
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Skazkhrum
    Level 21 Dwarf Wizard

Actually, you sometimes have to go to Round 2 for Volcano to finish .. but I dont see a problem there, it's not a R2 fight, just burn..

All you need is Walk in, Firestorm, Volcano .. gg.
    Or Sometimes walk, flash, FS, FS..

It seemed pretty consistent..

That last wizard with Runestones actually does nothing, I dont have time to tune him now.. you could fill him with 2x FS items .. or he could be single Level1 Dwarf with Staff of Misanthrope.

Its pretty Epic heavy .. but 3x Staff of Misanthrope also is..

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Is that for Tvericus or higher level modules?

I don't have any Wyms (or Kerricks I think), and only one Magma Scepter and one double FS arcane item. I do have 3 Firehides, 3 Misanthropes, 3 Xipils, and 6 Infernos (and 1 Mordecai's Staff Of Magma if we're talking about high level adventures).

8. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

That's Tvericus, map 1 .. no yellow tokens there..

I would use 3 Misanthropes and put as much Firestorm as I can (I'm not sure about Xipils, you wont have consistent draws for sure) .. and for boots .. if you dont have Kerricks, Bertha's Big Clogs is ok .. and before I got those I used Vira's Shoes..

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

For a guaranteed win, higher levels work better, but for speed the minimalist (level 1) works best for me.

10. Sir Veza likes this.
  11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Wow! :confused: How fast do you play PvP?
    Seriously though, if you're looking for rare+ items, PvP will deliver better results than SP.

12. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

The fastest farming results you will get with that map and your build: Melvin's Agony

13. Was trying to farm for the lv12-ish holiday items. didn't turn out too well. :confused:

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Me too. The only one I've dropped so far is an excess Gifting Bag.