[Post-Update Farming] Melvin's Agony

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by neoncat, Aug 25, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

This is for farming the first level of Against the Roaches. It usually takes ~15 seconds to complete the map. Of course, loot isn't very good compared to the kobold mines.

Strategy: Pass twice (so that each roach group moves into sight), then dump your Flash Of Agony.

3x Dwarf Wizard

Note that Staff Of The Misanthrope doesn't require tokens, and tokenless boots, robes, and traits could swapped in. Consequently, a variation on the build can be used at any level... the problem is always getting all enemies into line of sight.

(Also, the point of this post was primarily to brag that I have 4x Staff of the Misanthrope, and plenty of all the other listed items.)

wavy, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Valid reason. In my top three favorite items since early beta.

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Volcano is the hot ticket for map 2. It isn't even necessary to kill any roaches. I kill them anyway, of course.

wavy likes this.
  4. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

What do you do to replay MAP1, go to another location, click Battle, then go to MAP1 Against the Roaches again?
    Is there a faster way? As ok, map1 does take 15s, but that replaying takes more 20 (with loading) ..

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I think that's the idea. It takes me more like 40 seconds to reload, so I prefer adventures where I can speed farm 3 or 4 maps.

6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

If you exit to the campaign map, click on another adventure, and then after confirming, very quickly click again on the adventure you're trying to farm while the party marker is in transit it will reverse course and you'll load your farming adventure without having to load and exit and adventure you don't care about.

Jacques likes this.
  7. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Well that's a great tip .. thanks a lot ;)

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Well I certainly wasn't the one to discover it, but happy to pass it on.

9. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Lol, that is too much. It requires some serious timing :p How did you find out about it anyway?

10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Read about it on the forums a long time ago, can't even remember who to credit. Maybe in the fastest way to get gold thread?

11. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

If you choose an adventure far away it gives you more time. I'm not sure if animation speed effects it but if it does and yours is really high then it could be tougher to do.

12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Maybe it's just my perception, but I believe the marker's movement takes the same amount of time whether moving to a near or far location (its movement speed is considerably faster to a far location than to a very near one) so actually I just click whatever is closest. If I don't drag the map the confirmation button is typically right on top of the adventure I'm farming so once you get the habit down it's not hard to click "Yes, abandon..." and then click again on the adventure without moving the mouse.

EDIT: I also don't think it's affected by animation speed.

13. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Scarponi is correct in everything :)
    And it's better to choose the closest adventure because then you will have to move your mouse the least which takes the least time.
    (And I feel sorry for all who didn't know that "trick" :O )

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

As it has been written, let it be so. All hail the profound wisdom of Lord Feleran.

15. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I never noticed that it moved faster between farther adventures. You're probably right. I should have been more specific. I don't mean WAY across the map. I mean one that is a bit further like Garnet Demon Portal when doing the Kobold mines. Or something a even a bit closer. Drawing a blank on what's where and their names.

I know I was having trouble clicking on one that was too close because to switch back I kept hitting the party icon. For me the answer was don't pick one that is so close that the party icon can block your click.