The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

On maps where Sander's Force Mirror would be good, I prefer Blasting Amulets for non token. Or I prefer Orb Of Eex for a minor token, which does a better job in controlling the opponent sustainable. Allthough the Ring of Appropriation is most often the better substitute.

2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Glasod's Dark Skull
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    In a vacuum, Glasod's Dark Skull is the best divine item for a ranged vamp but the minor token cost is actually kind of a huge deal. A run of the mill vamp has the luxury of equipping great tokenless items like Vampire's Blade and Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud. On the other hand, more stabby vamps need tokens for their best divine weapons, Bynser's Black Spear and Darkforce Nunckaku. Add on the tokens used for Talented Healer, good boots, and Frenzy Aura and suddenly stab vamps wind up as token hungry as warriors. Hand Of Melvelous is often going to be preferable as a tokenless item with a slightly weaker attack. Glasod's Dark Skull is fine if you have spare gold and just want extra ranged attacks on a regular vamp. Otherwise, would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    In general, it's much less important to have range 2 attacks than to simply deal as much damage as possible. In that respect, Flax's Thirsty Vial and Wunna's Vampiric Shroud are slightly better not to mention significantly cheaper. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Flax's Thirsty Vial (E), Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud (E)

Did Peon Buy It?
    Yes, but not today. At the time I thought it'd be useful if I ever made a stab vamp. I never did make a stab vamp so it was a pretty poor decision on my part. At least it uses up a token on a regular vamp so I don't feel lousy about having tokens left over.

Epics
    Ihibrin's Holy Droplets
    One Soothing Darkness too many. If for some odd reason you actually want it, you'd probably want to go with something along the lines of Lattimore's Relic.

Lt. Morrison's Helmet
    Nice value cards in Barge and Dodge but not worth spending a token on.

Sharp Flames
    Not enough traits and Hot Flames is a bad stand in for Firestarter.

Notable Rares
    Focused Cleansing (P)
    While not as obviously powerful as other priest traits, Holy Presence offers a highly useful effect with a sprinkling of heals. Bonus points for not relying on running any particular type of priest spell allowing Unholy heavy priests to have a trait to fall back on. Holy Presence also gets rid of handicaps from enemy cards, something that a regular Purge effect fails to do. The biggest thing holding Focused Cleansing back is the existence of Novice Ablution. Two copies of the key card plus the ever useful Purge for no tokens is often too good a deal to pass up. Still, if you've got a spare minor token and no clear priest trait synergies to take advantage of, Focused Cleansing is a great option.

Infected (U)
    While double Shuffle makes even the slowest dwarves cringe, the big payoff is the big goodbye present your human dishes out before biting the dust. Festering Gut is essentially an 18 damage unblockable Burst 2 attack so there is nothing quite like it. Getting your opponent to hit your infected human is dubious at best so you will need to do most of the heavy lifting. Might I suggest Viscous Locket or Tome Of The Withering Source? If all else fails, you've got a pseudo Force Field for 3 turns.

Nuclear Pistol (NV)
    Volcano is not only one of the most efficient cards for farming but it's also incredibly hard to get a hold of. If you haven't been lucky enough to get the best Volcano items like Mordecai's Staff Of Magma, you'll need something to hold you over. That's where Nuclear Pistol comes in. It costs a major token but all that matter is getting that Volcano fix. In a similar vein, Xipil Ring nets you a Volcano on a weaker but cheaper to equip item. Be on the lookout for best singleplayer Volcano arcane item, the epic Magma Sceptor, which also includes the farming all star Firestorm. Those looking for a good multiplayer Volcano item can turn to the epic Overheated Mesmerizer.

(B)est of the Best
    Who needs legendaries and epics when you have rares like these? This item is not only powerful but also fits in well established multiplayer or farming archetypes.

(N)iche
    This is a great item but fits in a very specific build. You should only consider purchasing if you have that particular strategy in your sights.

(P)layable
    Not the best. Not the worst. This item is simply solid all around and I believe could see play. If that isn't enough of a ringing endorsement then I don't know what is. Oh, and you can go ahead and assume that any item that falls into other categories is playable as well. I will not list things that I would not be willing to play myself.

(U)nique
    There is nothing quite like this item. Its cards or combination of cards are not found on other items of the same slot or not on other items period. If this item catches your fancy you should take a second look because you won't find anything similar elsewhere.

(V)alue
    There may be better options but this item won't bust your piggy bank.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Obernoob likes this.
  3. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

This and Trained Cleansing are great tokenless alternatives. The main problem Focused Cleansing has is beeing level 9 and therefore needing a token. You are literally wasting the chance on a gold card with things like Advanced Piety beeing an alternative in the same slot or even Xlaka's Sacred Bundle beeing an alternative at the same cost in another slot. Because of this you are going to strictly downgrade your build, if you use this item. I would not consider it as playable.

4. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I can definitely think of cases where Focused Cleansing is playable, a popular one being when you're running dual Sacrificial Axes for trait cycling. There aren't token requiring divine weapons that fill the same roll so you will have that 8th token available for the priest skill slot no matter what. If you don't have a use for the other priest traits and want a full set of traits instead of something like Canny Healer, Focused Cleansing is the best option.

5. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Interesting idea. Until now I have only done this for Focused Piety in order to max out on Inspirations. But I can see your point. Possible build would be something like 3 Atomic Drop Consoles and the maximum in cycling on the other items. Even than I would prefer running a Axe Of Dark Soul and Novice Ablution, but I admit that Focused Cleansing is a Niche Item. Not to speak of how much more powerful Cursed Radcannon is than Atomic Drop Console, but theoretically there could be a place for it. Are there items you have in mind you would try to run with the Sacrificial Axes?

6. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

The Daily Deal

This is an example of a priest I came up with a while back. I even mentioned that Focused Cleansing might make for a better inclusion. Now that I'm thinking about it, I probably would use Focused Cleansing instead to get to Radioactive Sprays faster.

Obernoob likes this.
  7. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Shieldripper
    Unnerving Strike is decent but it isn't all that it's cracked up to be. The average melee character has 3 blocks and the average wizard has none. Most of the time Unnerving Strike winds up being a Strong Bludgeon. When you do catch someone with a block there's a good chance it's a high percentage block like Parry which will still trigger 50% of the time. Unnerving Strike is even worse currently due to widespread usage of Aegis Of The Defender. Not only is everyone down a block for you to remove but you also can no longer assume that the character your opponent leads out with has a block in hand. While fine on lower costed weapons where you really only want the 8 damage with occasional card advantage, spending two major tokens for copies of a relatively low damage card that doesn't live up to expectations is overkill. Would not purchase.

You can use Shieldripper in modules starting at level 14. There are a couple of mobs with annoying blocks including those damn dirty monkeys. The majority of them have block melees. What are you trying to tell us Peon? Is little Timmy stuck in the well?
    USE YO WIZARDS
    Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Maquah Of Ancient Blood (E) (minortoken), Riptide (E) (majortoken)(minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. Found one, used it a bunch, didn't like it, and haven't touched it since. Interestingly enough, Pressing Problems is exactly the sort of item that might make Shieldripper good if it gets chosen and becomes popular. Those are some pretty big ifs to overcome and I don't think it's likely to occur but weirder things have happened before.

Epics
    Bloody Shield
    A bad Ichabod's Buckler. Try Buckler Of Protection if you want all purpose blocks with some card draw attached.

Magma Scepter
    Volcano and Firestorm are farming staples. Getting both on the same item makes Magma Scepter the best minor token arcane item for farming. Not half bad if you just want another copy of Volcano for multiplayer either.

Necalli Charm
    Worse than a pure vamp item like Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud.

Notable Rares
    None

8. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

St. Portia's Mail
    You need a very good reason to run Arrogant Armor and Mass Frenzy in the same deck. There aren't many enemy attachments running around these days. The most common ones are burning attachments but armor itself is already good against them. Most likely, you're going to want Arrogant Armor to shed bad traits you're running yourself to get a smaller effective deck size, such as Vulnerable from Sacrificial Axe. So what kind of priest can take advantage of this. Vamps really want Talented Healer so they're out. Inspiration priests similarly want Altruism. You could possibly want it for a Mass Frenzy spammer but you can usually cram enough onto a priest to keep a constant buff going and not being able to buff yourself is a big downside. An Impenetrable Nimbus priest loses out on Altruism and can't self buff to stay alive. What you are looking for are buffs that don't benefit from priest traits and you aren't meant for self buffing. Savage Curse and Unholy Wellspring you say? We have a winner. Small deck sizes in particular help find the hard to come by Unholy Wellspring. However, I wouldn't spend a major token just to get a Mass Frenzy on a wizard buffing priest when there are minor token options available, with Mail Of St. Oxivia being optimal. Would not purchase.

There are a ton more attachments to worry about in singleplayer. Having access to Arrogant Armor during Secret of the Elder Mind for instance makes a nightmarish module more palatable. However, the major token requirement limits the amount of use you can get out of St. Portia's Mail and a copy of Mass Frenzy does not make up for it. There are plenty of minor token Arrogant Armor divine armors to choose from and most of them are cheaper epics. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Axamander's Ringmail (E) (minortoken), Old Saint's Armor (E) (minortoken), Untouchable Plate (E) (minortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. Untouchable Plate is the way to go for an Arrogant Armor divine armor.

Epics
    Blazing Shortsword
    Combustible can be randomly devastating making Blazing Shortsword worse than the bland but effective The Strongarm as tokenless weapons go. However, it is miles better than the next best option so it's an easy pickup.

Charring Staff
    Unless you're going for a terrain attachment wizard, Charring Staff doesn't cut it for normal burning wizards.

Salazar's Sandals
    Decent substitute for the best Team Walk boots, Captain Cedric's Boots.

Notable Rares
    Crusty Helm (B)
    The best tokenless helmet pure and simple. You get great armor and a cycling trait that is mostly harmless. Revealing your hand can be rough but come on, we all know your warrior is using Bejeweled Shortsword. An argument can be made for the legendary Captain Cedric's Helm but I'll take a cycling trait over low impact Officer's Harnesses any day.

Shielding Token (BN)
    Shielding Token is not only one of the best sources of Impenetrable Nimbus but it is also the cheapest to equip tokenwise. An unanswered Impenetrable Nimbus is incredibly powerful and luckily for singleplayers, the vast majority of mobs don't have answers for it. The AI also does not play around Impenetrable Nimbus making Nimbus spamming one of the most effective strategies to employ in difficult modules. However, the same cannot be said for multiplayer. You can and will run into players who both run answers like Purge and have the experience to play around it, either by declining to engage you while Impenetrable Nimbus is active or going after your other characters. The only other good source of Impenetrable Nimbus on a divine item is Medallion Of St. Vigus which is only uncommon but requires a major token.

Yolotli Armor (U)
    If there's one thing that Enchanted Harness loves it's armors with triggered effects and Barbed Platemail is the daddy of them all. To get both cards on the same heavy armor is just icing on the cake. If you've ever wanted to build around Enchanted Harness, Yolotli Armor is a good place to start.

(B)est of the Best
    Who need legendaries and epics when you have rares like these? This item is not only powerful but also fits in well established multiplayer or farming archetypes.

(N)iche
    This is a great item but fits in a very specific build. You should only consider purchasing if you have that particular strategy in your sights.

(P)layable
    Not the best. Not the worst. This item is simply solid all around and I believe could see play. If that isn't enough of a ringing endorsement then I don't know what is. Oh, and you can go ahead and assume that any item that falls into other categories is playable as well. I will not list things that I would not be willing to play myself.

(U)nique
    There is nothing quite like this item. Its cards or combination of cards are not found on other items of the same slot or not on other items period. If this item catches your fancy you should take a second look because you won't find anything similar elsewhere.

(V)alue

9. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Azgul's Orb
    Multiplayer
    Dedicated Firestorm builds have gone the way of the dodo. A Firestorm wizard needs to get close to the enemy to do anything which is the opposite of what wizards want to do. So why is everyone going crazy over Azgul's Orb? It is the only arcane item with 3 burning attacks that aren't crappy low range cone spells like Fire Spray. A dedicated burning wizard will most likely have spent 4 tokens on staves and 3 tokens on arcane items. If you want to spend a token on Focused Pyromancy you will need a tokenless arcane item. Your other option is to run Novice Pyromancy but the downgrade of Firestarter to Ember Spray is massive when compared to Flame Jet/Glob Of Flame to Firestorm.

Singleplayer
    Firestorm. Enough said.

Peon's prescription for prodigious players- Would get Azgul's Orb if you want a tokenless arcane item for a burning wizard, like the smell of burnt kobolds in the morning (aka killing things in the campaign blisteringly fast), or know in your heart of hearts that Firestorm is going to make a comeback tour in multiplayer.

Substitutes
    Gaudekki's Orb (E): Zap is awful but I'd still prefer this item over ones with burning cone spells.
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Yes, but not today. I could use a couple more for farming purposes but I have enough that they're not a huge priority.

Epics
    Bimson's Water Stone
    Decent but Acid Blast is a bit weak. I would go for The Soulstone instead.

Hylithia's Wand
    Ditto. Xochu's Icy Circlet is better.

Wedge Shield
    Good way to add mobility/virtual card advantage. While you don't actually draw cards off Surging Shield Block, you essentially get a free Cantrip Walk upon blocking.

Notable Rares
    Cold Laser (NV)
    Cold Laser has a leg up on the competition from actually having cold spells to combo with the Cooling Laser. A novel concept, I know. Throw in a Gusts Of War and you'll be sending your frozen foes back to the Ice Age. For double Cooling Laser action, you'll want the epic Supercooled Laser instead.

Diamond Moccasins (B)
    Quick Run is fantastic for ambushing targets and has good back attack potential. Sparkling Cloth Armor is great on both offense and defense. Getting a free move every time you get hit can both help you get closer to a ranged opponent or ensure that you're out of range from subsequent melee attacks. While Brutal Charge can be hit or miss depending on the map, the combination of Quick Run and Sparkling Cloth Armor makes Diamond Moccasins incredibly useful for any occasion.

Infected (U)
    While double Shuffle makes even the slowest dwarves cringe, the big payoff is the big goodbye present your human dishes out before biting the dust. Festering Gut is essentially an 18 damage unblockable Burst 2 attack so there is nothing quite like it. Getting your opponent to hit your infected human is dubious at best so you will need to do most of the heavy lifting. Might I suggest Viscous Locket or Tome Of The Withering Source? If all else fails, you've got a pseudo Force Field for 3 turns.

Shielding Warp Boots (U)
    The only way to get Force Field on boots and Warp Run acts as a pseudo Purge for any class. Other options for defensive minor token boots include the epic Vinorkin's Boots for Violent Spin and the epic Kerrick's Steel Boots for Reliable Mail. Sparkling Cloth Armor boots like Diamond Moccasins can also do wonders on defense but mostly against melee characters.

Smoking Pistol (NV)
    Volcano is not only one of the most efficient cards for farming but it's also incredibly hard to get a hold of. If you haven't been lucky enough to get the best Volcano items like Mordecai's Staff Of Magma, you'll need something to hold you over. That's where Smoking Pistol comes in. It costs a major token but all that matter is getting that Volcano fix. In a similar vein, Xipil Ring nets you a Volcano on a weaker but cheaper to equip item. Be on the lookout for best singleplayer Volcano arcane item, the epic Magma Scepter, which also includes the farming all star Firestorm. Those looking for a good multiplayer Volcano item can turn to the epic Overheated Mesmerizer.

(B)est of the Best
    Who need legendaries and epics when you have rares like these? This item is not only powerful but also fits in well established multiplayer or farming archetypes.

(N)iche

(P)layable

(U)nique

(V)alue

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Sir Veza and Obernoob like this.
  10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I bought it, but I would not have bought if it I had twelve of any combination of Brin's Storm Locket, Chartwell's Ring and Azgul's Orb. Now I still need three more of any of those.

Han Lee likes this.
  11. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Don't forget Overheated Mesmerizer!

peonprop likes this.
  12. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

13. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Definitely forgot about it. I put it above Magma Scepter for multiplayer usefulness but not enough better than Xipil Ring for singleplayer to fork over the extra gold.

I only include non-legendaries for substitutes. I do try to include similar or better legendaries in the actual review now but this one was quite old.

14. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Boxton's Red Pendant
    Both Flame Jet and Telekinesis are among the best cards for their respective deck archetypes. Boxton's Red Pendant is clearly a good item so I'll talk about the advantages and pitfalls of mixing and matching different roles on the same character. Let's say you have two wizards that are both split down the middle with burning and controlling cards. Your opponent won't know what to play around and you can use any hesitation or over-zealousness to your advantage. Also, if one of your wizards dies you won't be left with a low damage wizard that can't close out games or a relatively defenseless wizard that can't outrace larger close range attacks. On the flip side, you are at the mercy of your draws. If what you really need is that Telekinesis to stay alive you better hope you don't draw a grip full of burn spells. When you run a dedicated burn wizard and a dedicated control wizard you can get screwed if one dies but you are much more likely to draw what you want while both are alive. I don't believe one strategy is clearly superior to the other but I do know that mixed items like Boxton's Red Pendant can only go into one strategy while focused items can slot into both. Would not purchase.

The advantage of having mixed role characters goes out the window in singleplayer. You want all the consistency you can get. Gary does not fall for your mind tricks. Believe me, I've tried. He found the droids he was looking for anyways. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    None
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Nope. I like my wizards how I like my women, short and bearded one-dimensional. Before anyone gets offended, that isn't actually what I look for in women but it does make for a better punchline than string theory.

Epics
    Rapier Of Misfortune
    There's bound to be misfortune whenever this item gets played, but always for the poor priest with 3 do nothing Bad Lucks. Yes, I know that you can use it on yourself to help hang on to cards like Frenzy Aura. No, it isn't worth using that way either.

Robe Of Useful Things
    Robe of Useful Things basically gives you a controlly arcane item in your robes slot. However, you can do better for the same token with actual arcane items and you are giving up shots at robe specific cards like Resistant Hide.

Staff Of Pain
    Good option for Flash Of Agony farming though a big part of the appeal of a Flashing wizard is the opportunity to save tokens on staves with Staff Of The Misanthrope.

Notable Rares
    Nuclear Pistol (NV)
    Volcano is not only one of the most efficient cards for farming but it's also incredibly hard to get a hold of. If you haven't been lucky enough to get the best Volcano items like Mordecai's Staff Of Magma, you'll need something to hold you over. That's where Nuclear Pistol comes in. It costs a major token but all that matter is getting that Volcano fix. In a similar vein, Xipil Ring nets you a Volcano on a weaker but cheaper to equip item. Be on the lookout for best singleplayer Volcano arcane item, the epic Magma Sceptor, which also includes the farming all star Firestorm. Those looking for a good multiplayer Volcano item can turn to the epic Overheated Mesmerizer.

Powermace (P)
    Powermace has a little bit of everything that a support priest wants out of a divine weapon. Something to keep opposing characters off your back, some self heal to keep you alive, and don't forget that Genetic Engineering can double as a Purge. You even get buffs if you win the Boost lottery on Genetic Engineering. The only real issue is that Radioactive Spray which, while powerful, isn't something you can effectively use on any priest.

Shielding Token (BN)
    Shielding Token is not only one of the best sources of Impenetrable Nimbus but it is also the cheapest to equip tokenwise. An unanswered Impenetrable Nimbus is incredibly powerful and luckily for singleplayers, the vast majority of mobs don't have answers for it. The AI also does not play around Impenetrable Nimbus making Nimbus spamming one of the most effective strategies to employ in difficult modules. However, the same cannot be said for multiplayer. You can and will run into players who both run answers like Purge and have the experience to play around it, either by declining to engage you while Impenetrable Nimbus is active or going after your other characters. The only other good source of Impenetrable Nimbus on a divine item is Medallion Of St. Vigus which is only uncommon but requires a major token.

St. Xarol's Axe (P)
    When you are farming the lower level modules, 5 damage is the sweet spot as it puts you out of Weak Block range that those darn Kobolds seem to never run out of. Being able to hit two things at the same time is just icing on the cake. If there is a priest in your low level farming party, St. Xarol's Axe is an excellent choice.

(B)est of the Best

(N)iche

(P)layable

(U)nique

(V)alue

Han Lee, Mr. Magnifico and Obernoob like this.
  15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Nuclear Pistol has become my favorite Volcano item for several SP maps. When I'm running Temple of Terror, my party standing with backs to the wall on a lava slathered map with spiders or monkeys all up in their faces, it's quite handy to have those comfy Dual Laser Beacons to stand on. Setting the fourth one just behind the opposing line really helps clear the view for the start of the next round.

St. Xarol's Axe is also something of a staple for priests in low level handicap quests.

16. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

That is interesting.

Option 1:
    2x Mordecai's Staff Of Magma + 4x Magma Scepter
    = 12x Volcano + 4x Firestorm + 4x Flash Of Agony

vs

Option 2:
    2x Wym's Lavastaff + 4x Nuclear Pistol
    = 8x Volcano + 4x Dual Laser Beacon + 8x Firestorm

Option 1 pretty much gives you a guaranteed full value Volcano every turn but you may very well draw too many copies. Option 2 lets you stack damage from terrain on a portion of the mobs (plus set up a speed bump in choke points for non-flying/free moving mobs) at the cost of less reliably hitting your Volcanoes. I'm kinda leaning towards option 2 now since two or more wizards can pretty reliably hit a Volcano every turn in either setup. Will definitely be trying it out. Thanks for making me regret buying so many Mordecai's Staff of Magma Sir Buzzkill. :(

17. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

18. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Kelharin's Clogs
    Officer's Harness combos well with Enchanted Harness as extra armor and with Leadership as discard fodder. Being low mobility, having only a single move card, also makes Kelharin's Clogs a great option for Elven Maneuvers users that want to get to cards likeNimble Strike or Dodge. For anyone else, movement is still king so having low mobility boots will set you back if you need to get close to or away from the enemy. And now we get to the elephant in the room. As far as I can tell Team Walk usage has taken a nose dive. While still decent, Team Walk is no longer a must include powerhouse. This is great news for everyone with massive boot collections that went previously unused but not so great for poor old Randimar. That's what you get for holding out on us before you old codger. There are plenty of other options for Officer's Harness, low mobility boots, and Team Walk if you're still looking for those. Would not purchase.

Movement is an afterthought when you play wizards in singleplayer. Ranged mobs will always keep their distance so you only need to make sure your spell ranges are equal or better. Melee mobs will always move closer so you only need to make a slow retreat to avoid attacks. For people that like their slaying up close and personal, movement is still important but Team Walk just doesn't cut it. Team movement cards lose a lot of value in the absence of positioning mind games. You often just want boots with bigger numbers at the bottom to chase down those pesky ranged mobs. Any boots that make you move at dwarf speed, no matter how many characters it affects, are pretty much unusable movement-wise. Pick up a cheaper pair of armored or low mobility boots if that's what you're looking for. I promise you won't miss that Team Walk. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Rhood's Boots (E) (minortoken), Salazar's Sandals (E) (minortoken), Sliding Boots (E) (majortoken), Wlakwa's Boots (E) (majortoken): Team Walk
    Corian's Boots (E), Argo's Boots (E) (minortoken): Officer's Harness
    Bertha's Big Clogs (E), Goat Boots (R), Kerrick's Steel Boots (E) (minortoken), Sticky Slippers (R) (minortoken), Turquoise Boots (R) (minortoken),Black Iron Boots (C) (majortoken): low mobility
    The Daily Deal

Did Peon Buy It?
    Yes, but not today. I've got the full set already though I kind of regret the purchase. I used them on elf warriors for Elven Maneuvers comboing but often found myself switching them out for Goat Boots to save a token or Sticky Slippers to catch @#%* control wizards. Might try them again with Leadership and non-elves but I haven't so much as touched them in a long while.

Epics
    Bimson's Water Stone
    Flash Flood can be great. Acid Blast not so much. I would go for The Soulstone instead.

Ring Of Hot Spikes
    Ember Spray is god awful. You need something juicy and preferably more focused, like Burning Bangle or Locket Of The Gale, before even considering playing it.

Shimmerwing Robe
    If you're in the market for Flight Aura, you're probably going to want Wingtip Robes instead, even at the cost of a major token. Plus, you won't have to play with Shimmering Auras.

Notable Rares
    Blood Locket (V)
    When you run Path Of Knives, you obviously want ways to force afflicted characters to move. This is most often and most easily accomplished with control spells. Blood Locket just so happens to give you both on the same item. The epic Sarigo's Rod is better if you want an additional copy of Path of Knives but that isn't always the case. You may very well want a cycling trait instead and Squeamish is one of the easiest handicaps to play around.

Mirror Of Melting (P)
    When you're up against a pile of armor, there is no quicker or more efficient way off getting rid of it all than Boiling Armor. Two is the most you can get from an arcane item so Mirror of Melting is one of the best ways to get it. Akon's Amulet takes the armor removal even further with a Dissolve Armor which makes it better when you are expecting a ton of armor (I'm looking at you Blizzy) or when removing a particular armor is crucial (I'm looking at you Resistant Hide). That said, Dissolve Armor is much weaker to filler armors (I'm looking at you Officer's Harness) so just having a more impactful Stone Spikes can be more valuable.

Shuddering Relic (BV)
    Shuddering Relic gives you the highly sought after Mass Frenzy while remaining tokenless. While you can get the same deal from the less risky legendary Bleneth's Frenzy Charm, being Vulnerable can draw you to the better cards in your deck. Shuddering Relic even makes for a fine filler item on a vamp, though I wouldn't go overboard since running out of gas is a big concern.

(B)est of the Best

(N)iche

(P)layable

(U)nique

(V)alue

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Sir Veza and Obernoob like this.
  19. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I am not sure if I should buy them. I already have a full set of Captain Cedric's Boots and a full set of Lt. Buckwell's Boots. I don't know whether I will find a build where I prefer them to those, Goat Boots, Sticky Slippers and Diamond Moccasins. On the other side there are the sweet synergies with Elven Maneuvers and Leadership, you mentioned. And Beledorf had some success pairing them with Cushioning Armor. I have no clue.

20. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Man. One of the six items I really needed twice and my internet connection must have broken down in the night, causing the client to freeze. And that after I dont know for how many days I left the client run all the night and nothing happened...

Han Lee likes this.