The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Welp, guess I ain't doing it today, lol. Thanks @Deepweed

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Mail Of St. Oxivia - I don't necessarily see a build contradiction here. I use Savage Curse daily, but cast it only on my wizards. The wizards (or warriors) also normally have priority on nimbus when I bring it. I can see this being usable in scenarios where one would expect a lot of enemy attachments. If you can avoid the Elder Mind, Cursed Radcannons, and such, I really don't see much need for it. As stated, there are also cheaper alternatives. But if you happen to drop one, you might find an ideal niche for it.

ParodyKnaveBob and Macizo like this.
  3. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

You do that for multiplayer? If so, I should probably add a disclaimer there wherein I state that "Majority of the items in the game, though, have an ideal niche. But personally I see this one being too narrow." I added your advice under the singleplayer evaluation so that it's more complete (it was missing some content) and credited you for it.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Thanks, Deepweed. The closest I've come to MP in the past year and a half are leagues and some casual games for testing purposes. I'll usually leave MP analysis to those more current.
    I agree, this is an item for a narrow niche, and I don't recommend buying it.

5. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Peonprop's Evaluation:
    none

Legendary Item: Heartripper
    Multiplayer Evaluation:
    A lot of people have expressed doubts on the strength of this item because you're paying for six copies of a situationally strong, but potentially weak card for two major tokens. That's probably because you could go with a burst staff or something with linears at a double major token price. In my opinion, and I'm sure there are others with me, it's a very solid item. The fact that you can deal 10 damage at the start of the round assuming the opponent has no extra draw is amazing. Assuming the enemy has cards in hand, it beats all other staffs in terms of speed, and very often the opponents have a lot of cards. It's also the perfect counter to cards like Marytr Blessing and Elven Maneuvers if you have enough of it at hand at once (which you can achieve using this item). I've seen a lot of people play Heartripper during Plarch, and that does make sense. Of course, it has its drawbacks, one being that it's range 4 only. But aren't the niche control effects also range 4? Pair this with cantrip moves such as Flanking Move and you'll be golden. It's a great buy if you play wizards, in my opinion. As for substitutes... none, really. Staff Of Chask is better as your second staff on the same wizard than it is as a substitute.

As a bonus, here's a sample high-rarity but powerful wizard build for a 1 wiz, 2 war team with the aforementioned Heartripper + Staff of Chask combo:
    This has a lot of synergy within itself on several levels. Notice that the Flanking Move from Perfect Command fits so well in the context of getting the first move next round or flanking for a good Punishing Bolt. A lot of control helps manage who is facing whom in the front line.

Singleplayer Evaluation:
    This works for singleplayer because you can do 14+ damage on average with each bolt in several adventures. I'd say it's very usable here, but I don't farm mid-high level and high level adventures enough to know if it's worth the gold. It has the classic problem of not being multi-targeted, so that's that. @Sir Veza might give a good treatment of this. Mordecai's Staff Of Magma is still better, though.

Epics:
    Mithril Mesh Slippers - it doesn't get any better second time 'round. Not worth the purchase. Scroll up to see more details.

Aegis Of The Defender - a very niche, solid item. It's worth the gold if you don't already have at least two. Defender's Block is one of those cards that scream, "Pick me! Pick me!" The draw from a remote block is great, and weak chop is still a double block remover.

Impervious Panoply - this is actually okay for a minor token armor. It's probably the best double Arrogant Armor heavy armor if you're running a character that won't suffer so much from Encumber. To that extent, it's quite a niche item. I would buy it only if you see yourself running Arrogant Armor (e.g., you're facing a lot of radiation or debuffs, you're running a lot of debuffs yourself) but I would prefer Bern's Untouchable Mail and I don't think running Arrogant Armor on warriors is quite as strong unless you build around it as they vastly benefit from attachments such as Mass Frenzy, Martyr Blessing, and Elven Maneuvers.

Notable Rares:
    Focused Bruising - the uncommon Superb Bruising is much better for a bashing build, in my opinion. I would not recommend buying it, though, since bashes are pretty weak right now and this is just rare.
    Savvy Attacker - one of the best minor token martial skills, alongside Powered Slicing, Angry Attacker, and Advanced Crushing. If you play dwarf warriors, do buy this if you don't already have three. Otherwise, it depends on how active you are since this is just a rare. No other item gives better mobility on the martial skill slot.
    Stormward Pauldrons - gives the most protection out of all minor token heavy armors, but I would not run this on a dwarf or anyone who uses Step 2 attacks. It's a good armor, and is one of my old favorites, but you're usually better off with a tokenless armor, something with Force Field like Spaceproof Carapace, or something with Cushioning Armor such as Xek's Nanocarbon Plate.
    Steel-rimmed Buckler - arguably better than Parrying Buckler in some scenarios (especially against metas with a fair mix of both wizards and warriors). If you play All Out Attack, Surging Shield Block might be the cantrip-like move you're looking for, though its roll is unreliable. It's a good compromise if you're looking for some cantrip-like moves on your warrior without being totally weak upfront against warriors.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Nosgoup, Sir Veza, Krunail and 3 others like this.
  6. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Heartripper is very good at taking down Rust Monsters and AotA artifacts (Whorl, Riptide & Blackhammer). Quite good on EttSC as well, but most enemies have Adaptable there.

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

First time client crashed at night and it was the first time i would like to buy two of DD legs... sigh. So bought only one.

8. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

As a person who got Heartripper near the start of AotA back when Punishing Bolt was range 8 (That was fixed quickly), I can say that my Heartripper no longer has the power it once did, but is still one of the strongest weapons for high level SP and retains power in MP. I would definitely recommend to anyone who loves power and close range combat with wizards.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Sir Veza likes this.
  9. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I won't be able to make an evaluation for today. @Lucky Dice

10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Man, my house is out of internet connection as of now. Writing that stuff with my phone.

11. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    With both Strong Bash and Disorienting Block, St. Nyssa's Hammer is fairly well suited for taking over victory points. Disorienting Block also allows you to get an immediate back attack in. However, priests are the worst at taking advantage of these qualities. At best, you're going to have around 5 Bash cards and a couple Violent Spins to help you maintain a position. Warrior have access to full on Bash weapons while wizards can rely on a large number of controlling spells for the same purpose. Although priests have access to ginormous attacks like Mighty Bludgeon, they also tend to have the least number of attacks in general so it isn't likely that you'll be able to take advantage of back attacks. Vamp priests are the exception, but their attacks top out at 7 damage and they wouldn't want something like St. Nyssa's Hammer in the first place. If you're just looking for a divine weapon with a good mix of attacks and heals I would get Healing Hand Mace. Would not purchase.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    A big draw to St. Nyssa's Hammer is the Disorienting Block but the card gets worse in singleplayer. There are fewer levels to steal victory points with, it's much easier to pull off back attacks against the AI, and blocks that don't replace themselves are not ideal when you are getting hit by more attacks. Also, the double major token cost severely limits the number of modules it's usable in. Would not purchase.

Substitutes
    Godtouched Spear (E) (majortoken)(majortoken), Healing Hand Mace (E) (majortoken)(majortoken), Nimbus Blade (E) (majortoken)(majortoken)
    The Daily Deal

Legendary Item: St. Nyssa's Hammer
    Despite being the only divine weapon with Disorienting Block, it's not too fancy of an item. Let's analyze the attacks. The attacks cap at 8 damage which is what you can get with St. Portia's Maul for no tokens. Priests also tend to have few Melee attacks that are not Unholy (max of 8 from weapons, but usually 6 or less), so you would rather have big attacks such as Mighty Bludgeon which is undercosted for priests. If you ever wanted Team Heal with your attacks, you would be better off with Healing Hand Mace. Granted, it has two cards that controls the enemy's position, but priests are often not in the position to do such action. Also, Bynzer's Weighted Club exists with much better cards and helluva lower token cost. I have one copy of St. Nyssa's Hammer which I had tinkered around with, and I don't recommend purchasing it.

Epics:
    Dual Optimum D-45 - despite having optimum in its name it's optimum for nothing. It's a very unfocused item which also has Laser Spray - a card that's worse than a drawback trait in most situations because it doesn't draw a card, loses your turn (no Cantrip), and may harm you meaningfully at the beginning of the game.

Staff Of The Inferno - a good singleplayer farming item for the low levels in my opinion, which doesn't have as much use in multiplayer. Sure, it has two traits, but Firestorm procs the drawback so it's very risky. If you're looking for a tokenless staff with manageable drawbacks I'd recommend Hotglass Staff.

Ztoli Branch - it's okay when you consider it on its own, but when you realize that The Strongarm exists it suddenly looks undesirable. The average warrior will only have three or so blocks, so that Unnerving Strike is often no better than a Strong Hack. If you're looking for a minor token Crushing weapon to take advantage of Crusher, I'd recommend Beater or Eixocl's Hammer. If you're looking for Blind Rage for minor tokens, Troll's Ire is definitely worth looking at.

Notable Rares:
    Slippery Shield - worth looking into if you're going for an elf that draws blocks with Elven Maneuvers.
    Spear Of Dancing - only weapon with two copies of Disorienting Block at its cheaper token cost, but has very poor attacks.
    Wingtip Robes - only robe with two copies of Flight Aura available for wizards, but Flight Aura is not that good anyway. It's very useful for the Wicked Waterways league, though.

Christofff and Sir Veza like this.
  12. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Mordecai's Staff Of Magma
    Peon's Prescription for Prodigious Multiplayers
    A lot of the time you can turn Volcano into a big rangeless Firestorm but obviously it's best when used in a one-sided fashion. The trick is playing in such a way that convinces your opponent that you aren't just passing to get them to waste move cards. Many a Volcano has been sniffed out by the infamous do nothing pass back. In fact, it's such a widely known phenomenon that I will sometimes fake pass with wizards holding mediocre cards that don't even run Volcano to see if my opponent will pass right back out of fear and allow me to craft a better hand. It works best when you can play a normal game of expending your visible move cards to encourage your opponent to do the same. That means running extra team moves, Telekinesis type spells, terrain overlays like Illusory Barrier, and traits like Dimensional Traveler. Priests complement the strategy well with cleanse effects and a few of their own terrain spells like Consecrate Ground. Now on to the bad news. Volcano sucks against highly mobile teams such as step attack warriors. Also, the higher your rating, the more likely your opponent will have a lot of experience playing around Volcanoes. Mordecai's Staff of Magma gives you access to a powerful strategy with huge potential but it's effectiveness is hinged upon what and how your opponents play. I can absolutely recommend it for certain leagues like Roll out the Barrels where you have tons of time to mess around and the rangeless nature of Volcano is invaluable. For top tier play, Volcano is more trouble than it's worth. Would purchase if you want to try the strategy out for yourself. Would not purchase expecting free wins.

Peon's Perspective for Penny-Pinching Singleplayers
    Yes, it costs double major tokens so you can only use it in modules level 14 and up. No, that doesn't matter diddly squat. Volcano will single handedly win you games. The most obvious example is the second level of Black Plume Mountain. Lay down a Volcano and those annoying Lightning Idols are dead in two turns, no questions asked. Volcano is so powerful that most of my high level farming parties are built around spamming them. There are a lot of modules where the enemies are too far away for Firestorm or you can't afford to take too much self damage. Highly recommend purchasing.
    Legendary Item: Mordecai's Staff Of Magma
    You should probably buy it. This is the ultimate item for high level singleplayer farming, and the absolute best item for Volcano. Even if you don't play wizards you would want this for high level farming and if you ever chamge your mind and decide to play wizards one day this will be an item you want. Playing around Volcano is such a unique high-level strategy that teaches you a lot about the importance of proper pacing in playing cards. Of course, a disclaimer: Volcano builds require a decent amount of skill to play well and even more to construct a good deck. People may disagree about the "auto-buy" status of this item for people that don't play wizards, but no one can deny that this is one of the items with an invaluable niche.

Peonprop made his opinion less sweet for this item when EttSC passed, but I think it's still the best Volcano item out there. Accelerate Time, a good pairing, is only found on arcane items for major tokens so you'd want to spend the arcane item slot for that. Also, Overheated Mesmerizer is a great option if you're okay with the reveal risk with Brain Burn (though I'd use two copies max per wizard, yet actually use probably only one).

Do note, though, that you'd probably only want two of these total for multiplayer. I haven't seen a good Volcano build using more than two copies of the item (though it's possible, it may be suboptimal). I'm going to force farm to get my second copy of this, because this is a rare opportunity.

Epics:
    Major's Helmet - a good place to start or segment your Sprint, Team! endeavors. It's not worth it for singleplayer, but it's one of the best Sprint, Team! items. Battlefield Training is actually a wonderful card in this scenario as you can pass the Sprint, Team! or an attack to affect characters that could better utilize the cards. I recommend players who play warriors to get this if you don't already have three copies of a minor token Sprint, Team! helmet.

Sarigo's Wand - a very solid Arcane Item, but not a must-buy for anyone. Blood Locket is a great substitute with lower rarity and cost (and is even better in a good deal of scenarios), but this item does have its use in some builds.

Toughness - definitely usable for turn advantage and against debuff heavy metas but this item has a very small niche right now and there are a lot of better minor token options. For defense, Advanced Toughness is great. For offense with warriors or trait cycling, Raging Rock if you're not going for Raging Battler. For versatility and card advantage, Advanced Ferocity. For pure tempo advantage, Superb Toughness.

Notable Rares:
    Staff Of Winter - the most consistent and reliable frost staff in the game. It's on par with Sub-zero Staff in terms of strength in most cases, and better than Frosty Staff if you're going to run arcane items with Cone Of Cold.
    Stone Of Shards - the only tokenless item with Reflexive Teleport. If that card gets a good buff or if you want it for some reason, this would be a very nice item.

ParodyKnaveBob, Sir Veza and Krunail like this.
  13. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

i'm bored and I'm still at my house where internet is present, so

Bruising Dervish (N)

Multiplayer usefulness:

Who the hell thought giving warriors this good of a control is a good idea, warriors that are - mind you - heroes that are all about getting up your face - basically get a better control card than what wizards have.
    Yeah, I'm talking about Violent Spin of course. I've wrote a bit about that card earlier and now that the maps have changed to a more wizard-friendly environment, the poor Dervish won't see as much use as it did in March.
    If there is a reason to currently buy it, it's to practice more control-centered warriors, possibly in preparation for May. Or if you're lucky enough to always land on Fool's Trap in current maps, as it's pretty small.

Possible builds w/ the item:

Violent Spin is good under two circumstances. One is when you can catch your opponent off-guard and without moves. Other is when your warrior is centered around control. Dervish only really fits well into the second category, where your main damage dealer isn't said warrior.
    And, naturally, the best candidate for a warrior that can reliably control your opponent and move around the board like crazy is an Elf. So take out your Cautious Mobility and grab the following:

Nova Axe / Reap The Whirlwind / Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle - nah, the circle here is just for jiggles, don't try it at home, really
    Bruising Dervish
    Bruising Dervish
    Zachary's Boots or Pergop's Slippers
    Xek's Nanocarbon Plate
    Captain Cedric's Helm / Crusty Helm
    Hexagon Shield
    Novice Impaler

yes, this build is helluva expensive, with 2 to 5 legendaries and won't really work if you have only one Dervish (the closest thing to replace it is Pirate's Rapier, if you want to try it out anyways), but, well, that's all because of the rarity of Violent Spin. Its more common alternative, Muscle Through, isn't even nearly as present, it's basically just on boots.

We can limit the amount of legendaries if we replace a permanent damage protection with a temporary one:
    Take all the weapons + boots listed and then add:
    Bubble Helmet
    Dependable Mail / Xander's Mail
    Hexagon Shield
    Novice Impaler
    Cautious Trickery / Pacifist Trickery

oh, and the second problem is that you need a damage dealer in your team, probably a ranged one, that would use all that control. Big damage dealer wizard (something like this or a Heartripper wielder) or a good burning wizard would benefit greatly from that amount of control.

But the Cushioning Armor + Reliable Mail is the safe option, the one that gives you nothing but the protection. It's also prone to Penetrating damage and doesn't use one major advantage of this warrior. It requires only ONE trait to work well. And so, I'll present you, probably more fun alternative to the cushion build.

Take all the weapons and boots from the previous build and use the following:
    Ewix's Evolving Ensemble
    Crusty Helm
    Granwick's Shield
    Novice Impaler
    Cautious Trickery / Pacifist Trickery

Usually warriors have the biggest problem with using the Adaptable, because of the fact you literally breathe thanks to all sorts of attachments - Frenzies, Martyr Blessing, etc. So why not just abandon traits what so ever and add immunities? That punishes 90% of the decks.

Final verdict (MP):

Seriously, only buy it if you have tons of items and experience with the game. Not only the build with Dervish is expensive, it also requires tons of practice to play it well. If you want to try out if it's your cup of tea, Pirate's Rapier, while not as focused on control, is way cheaper.

Singleplayer usefulness:

Nah, too little damage to use it well. Stick to chops. Hefty Chopper will help you for the 2 minor token price.

Epics:

Incense Of The Caged Demon (P) - Cycling? Check. Card Draw? Check. Its only problem is that it's not a holy magic. But other than that, a very, VERY good item if you can deal with unpreventable loss of 4HP, and I'm sure that your priest can find a way. Keep in mind that the damage from the Unholy Energy is usually easily neglected by a Reliable Mail.

St. Glist's Charm (N/:confused: ) - Certainly possible to engineer a deck with it, but at the same time... ugh. Mind Worm is good on paper, but in reality it rarely screws anything. You can live without one attack.

Tauri's Watery Maze ( :( ) - so long as The Soulstone and Bimson's Water Stone exist, it's not worth to buy the item. Maze combined with an impassable terrain creates a scenario where your Maze will probably propel your enemy away from the wall of water instead of moving him behind the water.

Notable rares:

Mail Of Absorption (P) - the cheapest and all-around the best minor token armor with Grounding Plates

Rod Of Falling Cinders (V) - keep in mind this is mostly for SP - Firestorm along with some control is nice. Fire Spray... eh, I guess AI will always appear right in front of you sooner or later, so... If you don't have things like Azgul's Orb or other tokenless 2x Firestorm items along with Ring Of Appropriation, then this is a cheap alternative

Spacediver's Face Screen (PV) - ugh, Force Field is annoying to play against, and incredibly helpful for its user, without a doubt. Lifesaving Block further extends your life, and the Mimetic Crown is the cheapest piece of this card in the entire game, and the card itself is good, so... yeah. Grab it if you need it.

(B)est of the Best
    This item is the best of the best of the best. With honors. It is not only powerful but also fits in well established multiplayer or farming archetypes.

(N)iche
    This is a great item but fits in a very specific build. You should only consider purchasing if you have that particular strategy in your sights.

(P)layable
    Not the best. Not the worst. This item is simply solid all around and I believe could see play. If that isn't enough of a ringing endorsement then I don't know what is. Oh, and you can go ahead and assume that any rare that falls into other categories is playable as well. I will not list things that I would not be willing to play myself.

(U)nique
    There is nothing quite like this item. Its cards are not found on other items of the same slot or not on other items period. If this item catches your fancy you should take a second look because you won't find anything similar elsewhere.

(V)alue
    There may be better options but this item won't bust your piggy bank.

:confused:
    You could probably engineer a situation where this item wouldn't suck but it's more trouble than it's worth.

:(
    This item makes me sad and will probably make you sad too if you buy it. There are no circumstances where I'd consider playing this item.

14. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

i'm very hungry but at least now I have internet

GIMME THESE ITEMS AS A FEAST

Spear Of The Cozqui (N/P)

Multiplayer usefulness: If your priest's aim is not to be a blatant brute (Healing Hand Mace), but to be slightly tankier, while still providing heals, this is the weapon that will achieve it. Funnily enough, although it might not look like it, this is THE priest's anti-block weapon. Just look at it - Unnerving Strikes that render Defender's Block half as reliable, Parry only being 50/50? Sign me the hell up. More than that, Triple Heal can check and reduce the effect of a Defender's Block to a mere card draw. This is all good in my book.

Possible builds w/ the item:

Well it's tricky to just give a build for this one, but let's give it a whirl.
    We know what the priest with this Spear is good for - healing. Or Holy stuff. So we build with it:

Spear Of The Cozqui
    Purging Mace
    Aegis Of The Defender
    Tlaloc's Stormplate / Angel Strapping
    Hawkwind's Moccasins / Lt. Buckwell's Boots / Marmot Boots
    Medical Kit
    Amulet Of Inspiration
    Smoky Talisman / Ravenna's Incense
    Raging Battler / Apprentice Ferocity
    Superb Piety

This kind of build allows you to be a healing tank. Literally. Nothing else to say about it. Not only that, nearly every single priest's card is a 50/50 chance to draw with Altruism. I think it would work better with melee units, especially if you're planning on staying close to them.

Final verdict (MP):

I'd only buy it if heals are your thing.
    That being said, this is a very good divine weap all-in-all. All-round decent. But if you just want a weapon, again, Healing Hand Mace is 5 times cheaper. And then there's Lifesuck Spear.

Singleplayer usefulness:

Eh. I think this should be coded into everybody - if it's not a wizard - Does it have chops? Yes? Buy it. No? Leave it. Same case here. Except for Skeletons, but even there I think nearly every weapon with crushing attacks will do.

Epics:

Granwick's Ringmail :( - These armors fit so well! Thickened Mail benefits greatly from even a simple Chain Harness and it would make for a really nice rival to some of the best tokenless armor... wait, what do you mean it's not tokenless?

Incense Of The Caged Demon
    (P/B)
    Nova Axe (B) - Yes. Just look at everything this weapon has. Two of the most dangerous step attacks, another powerful attack, one of the best control cards in the game and two things that are either a block check or a literal purge. Point me out the negative.

Notable rares:

Ebony Prayer Beads (PU) - Well what do ya know. This is the only divine item with both of the attachable drawing boosts. And it's a minor token. Pretty good if you ask me.

Scouring Axe (B) - See? THIS is how divine weapon for singleplayer looks like. That or the Demon's Golden Blade. Or both.

(B)est of the Best
    This item is the best of the best of the best. With honors. It is not only powerful but also fits in well established multiplayer or farming archetypes.

(N)iche
    This is a great item but fits in a very specific build. You should only consider purchasing if you have that particular strategy in your sights.

(P)layable
    Not the best. Not the worst. This item is simply solid all around and I believe could see play. If that isn't enough of a ringing endorsement then I don't know what is. Oh, and you can go ahead and assume that any rare that falls into other categories is playable as well. I will not list things that I would not be willing to play myself.

(U)nique
    There is nothing quite like this item. Its cards are not found on other items of the same slot or not on other items period. If this item catches your fancy you should take a second look because you won't find anything similar elsewhere.

(V)alue

You could probably engineer a situation where this item wouldn't suck but it's more trouble than it's worth.

This item makes me sad and will probably make you sad too if you buy it. There are no circumstances where I'd consider playing this item.

Krunail, ParodyKnaveBob and Kalin like this.
  15. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

man am I lazy x_x

Mullik's Blisterstaff (U)

Multiplayer uses: I don't remember times when Firestorm was global. Sure must've been dark. But... these aren't the times. And the only reason you'd want to use Firestorm here is some Holy Armor shenanigans. Which, by the way, aren't reliable at all.
    So let's talk about the other card here, way more interesting - Force Cone. You see, Cones are tricky things - all but one of them require for your wizard to be absurdly close to the target in order to deal any damage. Which is why people usually just discard or Leadership cones when given a chance. Why would a wizard want these close range attacks?
    ...Well there is a reason. It's silly and nobody has done that, nobody probably will as well, but I do challenge thee.

Make a Savage Curse Unholy Wellspring Force Coner. And throw in a wizard with some Path Of Knives too. Your opponent will be shocked. They will not believe.

Other than that, I can't think of any use of excessive Force Cones. You can try yourself.

Singleplayer uses: With 2 Firestorms you'd think this item is actually legit for low-level campaigns, after all, it's a tokenless staff. But Staff Of The Inferno exists, has more useful stuff and cycling!

Final verdict: Unless you have some idea in your head about how to use Force Cones in MP, don't really bother spending cash on it. And if you do have an idea, look out for a Repulsor Raygun, also bearing 4 Force Cones.

Epics:

Chadwick's Clogs ( :( ) - If I seriously wanted to run Shimmering Aura, it'd be on warriors and I'd pick a helmet or armor slot. It's cheaper here honestly.

Cobalt's Chalice ( :confused: ) - Before you try that on, consider the following - Counterspell is Rare, while Forgetfulness is just Uncommon. Forgetfulness is a range 8 attack, and Counterspell is range 6. The only benefit of Counterspell is a 3+ Block against magic. And guess which magic is the most used? Arcane. And with that comes, usually, Electroporter Novice. My point is - Counterspell isn't all that worthy of its price. Try out Spellbane Scepter if you want item packed more with these magic discarding things.

St. Ulrich's Bones (BU) - The only divine item with Bless, which happens to be severely undercosted, as proved by tons of people in Deck Building section. Not only that, everything else bundled with that Bless is just incredibly useful. Get it if you don't have it or if you have very little of it. Fits nearly every deck - whether you're playing with warriors or with wizards. Or priests even. It just fits there.

Notable rares:

Advanced Ferocity (PU) - mostly useful in dwarf-heavy builds in metas where dwarves are a rare sight. Everything this item has is useful for any kind of dwarf, really. Wizards can use Blind Rage as just another cycling trait, after all. It's also the only dwarven skill with War Cry.

Burnished Plates (P) - Very useful for a team of vampires or more team-focused vampire. As opposed to Jet Armor, this item provides more sustain and possibly also enhances drawing.

Kathon's Steel Helmet (PU) - Especially this meta this helmet is playable - all thanks to Counterspell. Also happens to be the only helmet with this card.

Traveler From The North (PU) - Amazing item submitted by Obernoob, just happens to be the first Arcane Skill with kinda badly itemized Freeze. And is the only Arcane Skill with Ice Magic card on it. More of these please!

(B)est of the Best

(N)iche

(P)layable

(U)nique

(V)alue

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob and Pawndawan like this.
  16. ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  17. Noteworthy item(s) of the day:
    Cintxotl Mail (epic) - This is one of the most defensive of the few minor token divine armor that don't suck. A possible pick for Chess.
    Vampire's Blade (rare) - Not actually a big fan of this despite playing a lot of vampires, but it's good enough as a budget vampire item. Drawing loner can be devastating and it has caused a number of losses for me. The alternative are pretty much all legendary like St. Portia's Maul and Chalchu's Hammer, however.

Macizo likes this.
  18. Noteworthy item(s) of the day:
    Advanced Ferocity - Good in SP, ok in MP. Recommend using it when facing a lot of elf warriors and maybe on an all dwarf vampire party (I don't recommend using all dwarves though).
    Goat Boots - The best tokenless boots with a trait for mages. There are better tokenless boots, but this one is the most affordable. Also useful for those who want Immovable but don't want to spend a minor.

Macizo likes this.
  19. Noteworthy item(s) of the day:
    Lizard Hide Boots (epic) - This is one of the few minor token boots with fly on it. I actually ended up using it in Wicked Waterways on my wizard. I don't recommend it, but it is an option.

20. ParodyKnaveBob likes this.