[Testing/Prizes] November Playtest Report Bounties!

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Flaxative, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Important update: I am no longer accepting playtest reports. Rewards will be distributed when the balance changes go live.

#

Remember when I gave out tons of free pizza to folks for testing the big balance changes back in August? Well, I'm doing it again for the upcoming priest, race, and general changes as well.

There is once again a bounty on test server playtest reports!

I'm going to be offering pizza to playtesters who submit battle records to me. Here's how it works. You know the battle log?

[​IMG]

You can select the text in the battle log and copy it to your clipboard. Do that toward the end of a game (don't wait until the game ends—you won't be able to copy it once someone has won), then paste it into a text file. Now you have a battle record of your game. Think of these battle records as redeemable vouchers. That said, I don't want just any records. Below are my criteria.

1. Number of Battle Records
    To cash in your battle records, I want them in sets of three (3).

2. Write-ups
    Every set of three battle records should be accompanied by at least a paragraph describing your thoughts on the games you played. If you do not send a write-up with your battle records, you will not win any pizza. Don't worry about writing well, or anything: you're not being graded. I just want your thoughts. Useful write-ups spend time examining the player's deckbuilding and gameplay choices, as well as the cards of their opponents.

3. AI
    I am not interested in records of games played against the AI. Please only record and submit games played against other humans.

4. What I Want Tested
    I am only interested in playtest reports that shed light on how multiplayer is affected by the changes. So, please put pressure on the new or altered priest cards; the new racial skills; the other changed cards (Team Run, etc.). I'm interested in hearing how these new or altered cards over- or underperform. I will not count games that do not contribute to this knowledge.

5. How to Submit Battle Records
    You can PM me your records and write-ups on these forums. Be sure to include your in-game name so that I can award your pizza. :)

6. Incomplete Games
    Don't bother submitting records of inactivity timeouts, premature resignations, etc., unless the game has already been decided somehow. Some critical mass of cards need to have taken been played for your report to mean anything or be of value.

7. What's in it for you?
    The bounty is 50 pizza per set of three battle records. If your write-up is particularly helpful, I will award you an extra 10 pizza at my discretion. Note that you can submit multiple times as long as you keep playing more games, and that both players in a given game can submit the same game's battle record to me as long as each player is sending me their own reports and insights.

8. Bonus!
    I will give 80 pizza to anyone who plays through half or more of the campaign on the test server and shares their thoughts on how the new priest and race cards affected the experience. I will do this only once per person. I am no longer awarding pizza for campaign playtesting.

#
    If you have questions, ask them below. If you can't find human opponents for your playtest games, try to round some up on the forums or the live server.

#
    Preemptive FAQ

Q: Where is the test server?
    A: http://test.cardhunter.com

Q: How do I use the test server, cheats, etc.?
    A: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/how-to-use-the-test-server.5518/

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

yay
    Time Frame?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

As I said in the other announcement, I'm not sure how long we'll be testing. Definitely test sooner rather than later if you want to and can :)

4. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I'm going to test this time, I think. Gotta stockpile to buy those new things like sexy treasure hunts, sexy legendaries, sexy AotA elf priest

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I'll be on and off the test server probably for the next 6+ hours, if anyone wants some games.

6. Erisian

Erisian Kobold

I like that a lot of the empty slots where I can put items often have quite useful skills, so if my loot is poor I can still be ok using the skills.

In the tutorial, Shamans hut map, Gary mentions frenzy, but just the melee component, not the new magic bonus.

Is Workshop level 1 intended to have an armor tutorial? The first time I played it, they drew no armor in three rounds, and died. Second time, they had armor but no tutorial.

Workshop and Lair of the Trog wizard hints mention wavering faith to discard armor.

This may be observer bias, but I got multiples of the same items a lot, especially in the early game. I had plenty of gold for the armory, but some items were good, and some were junk.
    As of level 5, going into diamonds of the kobolds, my mage still has an arcane item slot open, for example.

I'd REALLY like a little indicator on gear of how much damage total it can do (beginners staff has attacks for 2 4 3 3 3 3 so the indicator would be 18) I know this dosent cover the nuances- ranged, extra damage for revealed cards, etc, but a lot of times I just want basic, smash them hard n fast damage.

Curse of fragility is fun. OMG, Surestrike is a game changer. I predict a LOT of use in hit hard, hit fast decks, especially in muti. I understand why it doesn't, and I don't really recommend adding in duration, but I often found myself wishing frenzy and surestrike had duration 2.

Surestrike vs lifesaving block, how does that work?

Healing pulse flavor text makes a little less sense now.

The lizards seem stronger this time around, by a little. Some of it is player gear dependent, but I'm struggling a little more than last test playthrough. Went to the store to fill some gaps, so it was ok.

Healing presence is on the kobold priest in gleaming cavern.

I'm getting Human skills from about level 5, whereas the slot is unlocked at 7.

I'm getting terrible common loot treasure from adventures in the L 14-16ish range. One or two gold treasure is annoying... at least the items can be useful and sell for one or two gold too

Enemies using burst can hit me without direct line of sight. Possibly working as intended, but annoying.

In beneath tcotzak (SP?) the third mission idol seemed to die to a short spark when it had its immunity up.

In multiplayer for the first time, the party store could be highlighted so we don't have to hunt :)

In multi, vs cardotron, they liked to hit my Impent. nimbus guy a lot. I vote this is a design feature vs flaw though.

I unlocked mauve manti 4 before any of the others. Not a big deal, just odd. Possibly because I skipped the first demon portal (ruby?) because I hate those ranged + mobile enemy fights.
    More to come soon

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    Flaxative likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The golems definitely have armor cards, maybe you got lucky. We won't change the tutorials until the card changes are final, but thanks for the notes :)

8. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Just a note that lateral thinking appears to be bugged on the test server. Tried with and without a trait attached and I did not get to draw a card

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Got a couple reports of it now, thanks. Will fix.

10. Melodious85

Melodious85 Orc Soldier

Do you need the battle logs for the campaign? Or just an overall assessment of the new cards when you get half way/finish?

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

MP games, half the campaign, and the stylish contest! It's a good thing I just finished the book I was reading this weekend.

Do you want logs from Quick Draw games? If each player chooses at least 5 new/changed cards?

Flaxative likes this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The latter, thanks!

13. Erisian

Erisian Kobold

I think twin heals is only letting me pick one target, to heal only once.

Erisiantest2 scored 1 point.
    Gary passed.
    Arrarr heals (using twin heals)
    Drakarul recovered 0 HP.
    Gary passed.

Someone please test any of the other multiple heals? Pulse seems fine, I think

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Have had a few reports of this, already fixed, though the fix might not hit the test server for a couple days. Thanks!

15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Could you please define "half or more of the campaign" for us minmaxers?

Complete 50% of all regular adventures (tutorials and treasure hunts not included) = 19 adventures? Or reach halfway towards "CardStock II Secret Preview" along the shortest path which could even be done in as little as 10 adventures (if the tutorials were included). Or some other definition?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  16. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Test server is pretty absurd, but it's sure giving me cool ideas on what items to look out for, and not just the legendary ones either!

Also if we're talking bugs, Leadership doesn't allow drawing new cards at the draw limit, even though it's Free Draw.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah ~20 adventures is fine, thanks.

EDIT: Was wrong sorry. Thanks @neoncat for helping me with my shoddy memory. Definitely not working as intended but apparently we're working on it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ok, thanks. Now to test play.

19. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Giving it a shot. I'm trying to play as if I were brand-new, which means no club membership or treasure hunts, no Paypal sandbox and no MP until it's opened up by the campaign (I will be saving my free pizza to buy an additional premade party however.

Just beat the first Demon Portal. The only new card that has come up has been a pair of Surestrike Blessing on my divine armor. It was very handy against both the kobolds and the trogs. Keeping my eyes peeled for more new cards.

Flaxative likes this.
  20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Err, uhh, is that with the tutorials included or not :oops:?

OCD? Me? Why do you ask?