Shortest path through the SP Campaign

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jarmo, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Sometimes you just want to get through the Card Hunter Single Player Campaign as fast as possible *. This is a list of the adventures you must complete to finish the campaign.

These are the mandatory tutorial adventures.
    Level - Adventure name
    0 - Greenfang's Challenge
    1 - Raid on Ommlet
    1 - Kobold Encampment
    1 - Tunnels into Darkness
    1 - White Skull Canyon

These are the adventures you have to complete to progress.
    Level - Adventure name
    4 - Dungeon of the Lizard Priest OR Ruby Demon Portal
    6 - Diamonds of the Kobolds
    8 - The Compass of Xorr
    8 - Melvelous the Magnificent
    10 - Garnet Demon Portal
    10 - Against the Cockroaches
    10 - The Viscous Tombs
    11 - Goblins in the Woods
    11 - The Pools of Slime
    12 - The Tomb of Tvericus
    14 - Citrine Demon Portal
    16 - Into the Black Forest
    17 - Black Oaken Heart
    17 - Lair of the Yellow Dragon
    17 - CardStock II Secret Preview

* Rushing through the campaign is not recommended for new players. Please take the time to enjoy the many fun adventures Blue Manchu has created for your entertainment. You'll also need the player and character experience and the items from completing all of the single player content to hold your own in Multiplayer and the end-game content.

That said, there are some situations where it's desirable to take shortcuts.

You might simply not be that interested in SP content and still want to raise your Renown to 21 in order to get the cheapest prices in item shops. You could play MP only to do this but that requires about 60 MP wins which is slow without good items.

You might be on the test server and want to get a party to level 17 fast to be able to test the end-game content there.

You might want to unlock the end-game quests without completing all adventures first.

I'm sure there are also other such situations given the multiplicity of human motivations.

EDIT: Updated text to be current as of July, 2015.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You don't have to do Slub Gut.

This is the shortest path, but if you don't like Citrine you can do:
    • Shrine of the Astral Guardians AND Riddle of the Gnome Lords
    • Jewel of Alet Zhav AND Riddle of the Gnome Lords
    • Shrine of the Astral Guardians AND Return to the Astral Shrine
    instead.

If you want the Mauve Manticores, you need to complete Beneath the Frozen Earth.

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

:) Yes, I know.

Thanks for the additional information, in any case! I didn't want to complicate the list with alternate paths and the list is still slightly a work in progress. I will change the OP once it's finished.

4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I just wanted to comment that I hope you're not compiling this experimentally, by running a bunch of new accounts through the test server. Adventures.csv gives you the prerequisite and completion flags for each adventure, which is sufficient to calculate all possible paths through the campaign.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

So will you have no gold for purchasing your first party member? I guess you can buy gold with pizza? >_>

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Do you really think I don't know that :)? That is the file I've been using, among other sources. Anyway, just finished checking the OP, done now, so if you ladies and gentlemen find any errors or omissions, I'd be glad to hear about them. Happy Hunting!

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

As it happens, I tested this today out of curiosity. After using skiptut, you can buy three free characters from the first inn. They can be any class and race so I bought three level 1 dwarf warriors and completed Ruby Demon Portal with them, equipped with just a Blunt Sword each (their starting item), otherwise naked. I got one more Blunt Sword as loot from the first battle and used that for the rest of the adventure on one of the dwarriors.

So it's possible to head on to Cardhuntrian adventure with 0 gold to your name and a carefree smile on your face.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That is awesome. :)

9. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

What I want to know is... has anyone played through campaign with any "extreme parties"?
    Most people will play the 1/1/1 they are given (and indeed, it is the most flexible and resilient choice), but has anyone played through all of campaign with just priests? Warriors? I can't imagine Wizards would be much trouble, I am sure that has been done at least.

10. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I played through the campaign first time with a party of 3 wizards. It was quite easy.

11. femmefatal

femmefatal Kobold

2 wizards and a cleric here. So far so good pretty easy. I am dah mastuh, no one can beat me because I don't play that gurly gurl pvp epeener silliness. lol

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

What I want to see... is triple priest action!

Flaxative likes this.
  13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I updated the opening post to reflect current situation. The shortest path itself has not changed.

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

As long as you're updating the op...
    17 will no longer get you the cheapest prices, at least not in all shops.

Sir Veza likes this.
  15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Tru dat. Then again, I only cover the basic campaign, YMMV.

In other words, thanks for the heads-up, updated.

Sir Veza likes this.