Test Build 2.20 (5 June 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes.
    No, it's not a regular one. They stop at Thaumaturge (which replaced Cerulean Dragon a while back).

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yeah, not sure who "titled" you guys... but I'm guessing Farbs? Seems like his style. I could be wrong ofc. Also, a bit sad I picked my own one when I became a mod. I wonder if if/what I would have earned...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The true man is the self-made man.
    The true man is the community-made man.
    "The Paradox of Man" by A man

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I was < 800 posts when it showed up and hadn't made Thaumaturge, so I'd guess anyone is vulnerable.
    For the record: I consider Oberon to be the best farmer.

I don't see it posted here, so I'll confirm MP renown progression appears to be working as advertised.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Well, he's already a king so he wouldn't benefit from ascension as much.

Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

True, but the title "King of the Faeries" carries a different connotation now than in years past. Best we stick with "Oberon".

Flaxative and Pengw1n like this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I guess that makes him my king since I'm a Loot Fairy and all.

@Stexe - the way the VP thing works in Oozeball is that the non-oozeballs have some tag, "can't score" or something, and basically they don't get counted when the game checks to see who's standing on victory terrain.

Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  8. Pengw1n

I'm wondering if the no score tag could be dynamically added to the custom scenario settings (per monster row or something), or if this only works via the monster manifest.

I'd also suggest using a different coloured base for any "no score" tagged characters (if possible ofc). Or maybe a different shaped one would work best, since it would work best for mp formats - and allow sides being coloured as now.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

How many Pizza to apply the tag to the opposing team in MP for one match :p?

10. Pengw1n

ALL the pizza.

11. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I played two casual games of Oozeball on the test server, both times the game ended due to the time running out with one player 3 points in the lead, even though nobody took long to play their cards. Maybe 15 minutes would be a more appropriate time? I couldn't see the match being able to be played out if the match is a close one and both get 3 points before someone gets a fourth.

I do like the league, though! It's really nice having a pacifistic sort of battle, and the way it emphasizes placement and location is nice, as well as trying to guess what the enemy will do and try to psych them out. One thing that happened during a match was that my Oozeball Barged the enemy Oozeball, but it had a Reflecting Block, which allowed me to push myself, which I used to move onto the victory square! I'm not sure if that's intentional, but it's a nice was to make use of an enemy's Reflecting Block.

Having Battlefield Training be a card I welcome into my hand rather than shun to even put in my deck is nice too, giving the Oozeball move cards, especially the gold ones, is a really good way to put that card to use, though I have blundered with it at times, selecting it and selecting a move card, rather than first the target and then the move card, but that was sloppiness on my side. Maybe it would be useful to emphasize in the description to first choose a target and only afterwards choose a card? I also do wonder how much of a deal the Shuffle in the Oozeball's deck is when the other two players often have movement cards to spare to give to the Oozeball when they can.

I'm definitely going to play this league once it's on the main server, I really enjoy how varied these fixed deck leagues are.

Flaxative likes this.
  12. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I've decreased the score required to win to 3. Hopefully that will let Oozeball wrap up within the time limit.

13. Jon

Will fix, thanks.

14. Jon

Yes, starting positions are randomised.

15. Jon

Nice catch, thanks. I believe this is due to the league board images arriving via streaming after the league entry dialog has been dismissed. I'll fix.

16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

erm, not sure about the impact of having chars starting beside each other. In that game, I was able to first turn slingshot and get my oozeball pretty far. Was mighty unfair from lockphase's POV.

The league winnings message for first place (lockphase) and taking last place (phaselock) are identical. Something about winning 3 chests... Would it be difficult to have chest icons in the msg instead ? Quick mockup below:

upload_2014-6-6_10-43-15.png

17. Questor

Questor Ogre

You realize that this will be the same as the Death March? A lot of Whirlwind but here the Nimble Strikes get even more effective.
    I understand the point of the scenario but the map would be a lot better if you just add two additional Victory Points.
    So other builds would also become interesting and not just the same as one of the most common and effective MP build.
    So we might even see a bit of flight, teleport or something completely different.

Flaxative likes this.
  18. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Each map has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, I think this is one of the best part about leagues. There have been maps that favored flight/teleport (Wicked Waterways), ones that favored melee (Chess Madness), those that favor walls (Death March), etc. To me Roll Out the Barrels looks like it's somewhere in between Waterways and Death March. Seems it favors wizards more than step attacks in my opinion, but we'll have to wait and see. But really my point is if you don't like a map, it'll change at the next league.

Of course if you want a map that favors X you could always design one and suggest it here.

19. Fyra

Fyra #1 in Spring PvP Season

I am joining the rest of the guys that says oozeball has too little time, i would suggest it to be 15 minutes! i have played it around 10 times now, and it was only one time of ten that did not time out.

Flaxative likes this.
  20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Me three. Increase the Oozeball timer, please. Otherwise your first x matches will always timeout and even with experience being so rushed is not that pleasant.

Flaxative likes this.