[Leagues] Custom Maps/Scenarios

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Scarponi, May 5, 2014.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

So I'd love to see an opportunity to earn some pizza via League map ideas much like the ongoing Manticore offer - especially because I'm highly motivated by the Pizza Fairy - but I don't see much point in holding back ideas that would add variety to the game just because. So I figured I'd create this thread to post any ideas and creations I have. Anyone else who has league map creations is more than welcome to post them here too!

Of course as always any map/scenario post should include:
    1. A screenshot
    2. The map file - for a non-fixed deck league
    3. The scenario file - for a fixed deck league

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

TEMPLE TOWERS: My first idea is a non-fixed deck league. Its a map with 3 victory squares, 2 of which begin as occupied, and lots of hindering terrain. What makes this map interesting in my opinion is the character for each team that starts in a victory square is also sandwiched between two opposing characters putting them in a very vulnerable starting position. They have to either decide to remain and fend off the opponent, or try to escape with their life (which may or may not be possible) surrendering the victory square. The lack of blocking terrain gives wizards lots of play, but a wizard that begins between two opponents might not last long enough to make much of a dent. I guess what makes it most intriguing in my mind is off the top of my head I don't know what type of characters/build would do best.

Temple Towers.jpg

Attached Files:

tuknir, Flaxative and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

FROSTY FUN: Here's one other I put together as a fixed deck league. It's a rather quick playing simple and fun scenario. Something to note, each player's frost imp begins on the opposite side from their monkeys (as noted by the colored circles). I think increasing the draw value to 2 for each character would give this scenario a little boost, but it's not bad as it is because it makes for quick rounds. The board is a little long, but it was necessary to have the encumber effects get full play. (I went for long instead of big as it would reduce the negative aspect of a large map for people with laptops.)

Edit: I've also run this same scenario with a geomancer instead of the frost imps. It gives it a different feel, but it's also fun.

Frosty Fun.jpg

Attached Files:

tuknir, Flaxative and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I like the 3-ziggurat map, will be interesting to see how people build for it. WW obviously a player, but TP and fly are also going to be valuable. Maybe stab attacks would shine.

Monkeys and frost seems potentially fun, though also like the monkeys should be able to just gank the imps pretty quickly. Would love to test this with you.

6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I'd be happy to run either one, give me a time window and we'll try to make it happen (or just grab me if you see me on).

7. Forge Fervor!
    An open deck map set in the heated underground forges. Molten metal forms impassable terrain.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• vol.brd
      File size:
      46.6 KB
      Views:
    Scarponi likes this.
  8. Bar Brawl!

Heated words are thrown! Soon, so will weapons and spells.
    [​IMG]

The tables are difficult terrain. The barrels by the victory points are blocked terrain.

Attached Files:

supersatyr001, neoncat and Scarponi like this.
  9. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

I posted this ones near my other pvp maps, but would liek to leave then here,because i think they have potencial to be used in leagues.

first Version: Yellow Original: Yellow-Original.jpg Its a narrow map, favours melee users, and Chop Atacks can be used to great effect

Second version:Yellow A ( or file name yellow-2) Yellow-A.jpg . Almost identical, but with a twist, now there's some un-connected platforms around the water, can be used to teleport to with mages and shoot from then without melee units be able to reach then by normal means. can also be used to ww/wwe users to remove enemy pieces from the "main" field for some time. i think this would be a league esque cool map to try. a lot of strategy available

Attached Files:

CT5, LeisureSuitLoli and Flaxative like this.
  10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

World Cup is fast approaching. Does any builder have any idea if its possible to make a league board that allowed 2 players with their MP teams to 'kick' a ball with their attacks ? Or somesuch ? Just throwing out here for discussion...

11. tuknir

only think i can occor is to use a lot of mobs with teleport other and elvitatr, and those fixed aoat totens..where we can push then from one side to the other to kill something far away

12. tuknir

actualy, that gave me a idea

13. tuknir

Imagine this: 2 chars we control with a lot of telekisesis,teleport other etc..and a totem, being atacked by a bunch of cockroachs (since they are worth 0 starts) and far away a enemy, we need push the totem from one side to the other and then use its big range to knock out the enemy..add a timer, and should be interesting

14. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

If there was a way to add in a neutral no-owner no-hp static door/monster with a yellow/red base and VPs that awarded a point whenever said mob entered the tile, it might be possible to actually make turn based soccer...

15. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I had an idea based around enemies pushing each other off of a large soccerfieldish vp zone onto the non-vp border, so maybe more like team wrestling maybe. Haven't gotten around to building it yet. Killing someone would count as a forfeit if it was constructed, but would be much more interesting with custom preconstructed decks with movement manipulating cards and sports styled figurines.

16. I have made you a field that is an approximate of what they use for the World Cup. As for the spawn points. and victory points... That is up to any takers.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Phaselock, neoncat and Squidy like this.
  17. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

That's some really fast (and good!) work. I am impressed *_*

18. Kitchen Contest.

[​IMG]

Barrels are blocked terrain.

Attached Files:

neoncat likes this.
  19. Minimalist!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Sir Veza, tuknir and neoncat like this.
  20. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

How about hindering terrain in the row directly in front of the characters so no one can make it to the victory square in a single first turn move?