Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

Daily Deals are the same, but the weekly shops are different.

2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

3. Xyuta

Xyuta Kobold

Hello, i am in need for some advice.
    This week my randimar's shop sells some amazing items and i have trouble picking one because i only have 3700 golds right now.

I have been playing for a month now and my collection of items is growing well, but i find i miss some high level items, when i create a mp party i have trouble using all the tokens to full efficiency.
    I cleared most of the quests under lvl 10 so i got the feeling i am well packed with tokenless items.
    So here the the 3 items that are teasing me :

-Crazy Sal's Halberd this is the one i think i should go for, the damage output is not so formidable, but a 3 traits weapon with 3 polyvalent attack seems amazing to me.

-Searing Pain 3 fireballs wow, but i already own 2 Staff Of The Firegod, still this one is clearly superior because it doesn't pack these annoying magma sprays.

-St. Portia's Maul this one seems very good too because i am quite interested in a vampire build, but i still miss a divine skill with at least 2 talented healer and big con it's tokenless and i own 3 Vampire's Blade a Hand Of Melvelous and a Wuuna's Vampiric Shroud.

4. Ector

Ector Hydra

All the items are interesting. How many can you buy? The best items are Chartwell's Ring and White Flame, but if you can buy all, good for you!

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  5. Questor

Questor Ogre

It has been mentioned before in this thread that 3 traits seem nice but you are left with 3 mediocre attacks which can fall victim to armor removal.
    It is useful for some very specific builds but unless you are swimming in gold you should wait for better options for your warriors.

A very good staff indeed, either in MP or SP.

Nice weapon to have but you already mentioned the Vampblade, which poses a risk with it´s two loner traits but has 4 vampiric attacks

If i had the urge to spend gold i would go for the staff, the other two items are not really worth it if you just started.

Xyuta likes this.
  6. Ector

Ector Hydra

I guess you should try to farm 1300 gold to 5000 and get Crazy Sal's Halberd and Searing Pain. The Maul is very good too, but mostly for low-level SP scenarios. Don't hesitate about the Halberd, it's great! BTW, I have neither the Halberd nor the Pain myself, and I'm jealous :)

Xyuta and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Everything you want to know is in the FAQ, this particular answer would be under Shops.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  8. Questor

Questor Ogre

Get Strongarm, now! Do it!!!

The Orb is also well worth 500g, if you have more of them they work quite well together.

Bandreus, Melancthon and Sir Veza like this.
  9. The Strongarm is the best tokenless weapon, and one of the best weapons too. I'm still waiting for one. Buy it now!

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It's a very useful piece in one of the best builds of the last few months.

11. thanks for the feedback, just got me the Strongarm!

12. Xyuta

Xyuta Kobold

Thanks for the answers, i bought searing pain, and i'll see by the end of the week if i still want the halberd and can affort it.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  13. Questor

Questor Ogre

You should mention that this build needs a lot of other legendary items to work. And if you don´t have those it is a pretty crappy legendary.

If you don´t have a surplus of gold, save it for more useful things.
    Unless of course your vault is filled with things like, Bleneth's Skull, Bleneth's Frenzy Medallion, Vibrant Pain, Huetotl's Firebrand or many other good items.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You're right, sorry. But it's a unique item and if you think you'll want it and have gold to spare, it's usually a good idea to grab it when you can. Not recommended for absolute noobs :)

Ector and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You said it, Farming. Snatch the ring.
    White Flame can depend upon what else you have. If you already have one Red Flame, it might be best to wait for a second. If you have other fire items (preferably other than Firestorm) and want to burn the world, this is a good way to do it.
    I haven't played Bynzer's Black Spear enough to rate it.
    St. Portia's Maul is, IMO, the best tokenless divine weapon, if you actually want to use your weapon as a weapon. Great for the campaign. Not as great, but still playable in MP if you need to use your tokens elsewhere, or run a vamp.

Accent, Bandreus, Melancthon and 2 others like this.
  16. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I finally got it a couple weeks ago, and it's been a mainstay in my MP build.

It's not the best priest weapon but, depending on what you want to achieve, freeing up 2 tokens while still granting four decent attacks + 2 buffs it can work amazingly good. I that regard, I consider it as the divine version of the strongarm ♥

Nvm. You wrote St. Portia's Maul, but somehow I've read Dark Drewg's Mace :p

Both weapons are obviously very good, being token-free and all.

Sir Veza likes this.
  17. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Sir Veza likes this.
  18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Bandreus likes this.
  19. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I have re-thought what i want to buy: (basically not the mace)
    Bynzer's Black Spear - as i said great for Vamps especially because i always have 3 or 4 tokens left
    Chartwall's Ring - probably should buy but idk if its worth 2500 gold
    White Flame - possibly if i had 1 more it would be better in a deck
    i have enough gold for every one of these (but preferably as little as possible)