Peasant Tournament Round 3 Pairings & Match Times

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Third Round Matches Complete: 6/6

Hi everyone! After some randomization and a lot of time-zone-checking, and individually communicating with every player, I have the pairings and match times for the third round of the peasant tournament. You can see results and video footage from round one here, and round two here.

Players: You have scheduled these matches amongst yourselves. The following pairings are final, and the match times as well, unless either A) I have misunderstood something or B) there is some kind of emergency. Show up on the server ahead of your match time (5 minutes early is fine) to confirm your presence. Remember that showing up late by more than 5 minutes will result in penalties. Missing your match entirely counts as a forfeit. All these rules are in the original tournament thread, which you can continue to reference throughout the duration of the event.

Spectators: You will be able to spectate the games at the specified match times on the Card Hunter PvP server. Remember to be respectful when spectating. If you can't watch the matches live, I will be posting video footage of them to YouTube. Links for that will be made available as footage becomes available.

Discussion in this thread: You guys can chat in here in anticipation of the matches if you'd like. Any questions or concerns about the following details, however, should be raised via PM (start a conversation with me)—I don't want them getting lost in the discussion.

Drops

I've dropped Tragus, Red Mage, Stormyknight, and thedoughster from the tournament due to their inability to comply with instructions provided in the last thread. With only 12 players remaining, this third round will consist of only 6 matches. I have paired Stexe and Mosalla, who no longer had opponents after the drops. We're going to end up with some weird pairings in the final round, I think, but everything is okay for now. As I've been saying, this is a test run and I'm sorry for the technical and logistical difficulties along the way. I hope that the tournament has been and continues to be a fun event for those involved!

Pairings & Match Times

I am listing these in chronological order, and labeling them with both their UTC times and their PST times (that's my timezone). Be sure to double check at what time these matches are occurring in your time zone! PM me if you have any questions about this, or if my math is wrong. I can't help you if you don't contact me, and you will receive a match loss if you don't show up.

1. ItsEtai (2-0) vs. TheShadowTitan (2-0)
    UTC: 3 p.m. on Thursday the 2nd​
    PST: 7 a.m. on Thursday the 2nd​
    RESULTS: 0-2 (ItsEtai didn't show.)

2. CT5 (1-1) vs. Dave (1-1)
    UTC: 7 p.m. on Thursday the 2nd​
    PST: 11 a.m. on Thursday the 2nd​
    RESULTS: 2-1 (CT5 wins)
    > VIDEO <

3. Scared Little Girl (1-1) vs. Alfonze (1-1)
    UTC: 8 p.m. on Thursday the 2nd​
    PST: 12 p.m. on Thursday the 2nd​
    RESULTS: 2-0 (Scared Little Girl wins)
    > VIDEO <

4. ArcadianRook (1-1) vs. Tuknir (1-1)
    UTC: 9 p.m. on Thursday the 2nd​
    PST: 1 p.m. on Thursday the 2nd​
    RESULTS: 2-0 (ArcadianRook wins)
    > VIDEO <

5. thedoughster (1-1) vs. Stexe (2-0)
    UTC: 5 a.m. on Friday the 3rd
    PST: 9 p.m. on Thursday the 2nd
    RESULTS: 0-2 (Stexe wins)
    > VIDEO <

6. PIZZA (0-2) vs. Mosalla (1-1)
    UTC: 11 p.m. on Friday the 3rd
    PST: 3 p.m. on Friday the 3rd
    RESULTS: 1-2 (Mosalla wins)
    > VIDEO <

7. ElShafto (0-2) - bye

Please check this thread periodically. I will try to alert everyone if there're any changes, but I need all tournament participants to stay on the ball and keep an eye on these things.

Farbs likes this.
  2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Looks good.

3. thedoughster

thedoughster Kobold

So annoyed about this, have commited everything to making these times and have responded to every message i have received, along with message stexe numerous times while his online in game. Yet I get kicked

4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I do think your kick was a bit premature. You did respond once to our conversation, but usually when I'm online on Card Hunter I'm just idling or afk.

I'd be willing to give you another chance in the tournament -- find a time you're free that isn't too late for me (I'm Eastern time and can stay up to like 1 AM or 2 AM at the latest if needed).

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Pairings & Time Changes

I will also PM the players whose matches have been affected, but:
    • I repaired thedoughster and Stexe at a time that works for them.
    • I paired Mosalla and PIZZA at a time that I think should work for them.
    • ElShafto has the bye this round.

The pairings in the first post of this thread have been updated.

These are the final changes, barring emergencies. Thanks for your cooperation everyone.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

ItsEtai didn't show, which kind of surprised me given Etai's standing, but it is what it is. TheShadowTitan advances to 3-0.

Next match in less than 4 hours, CT5 vs. Dave!

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

• CT5 beat Dave 2-1
    • ArcadianRook beat Tuknir 2-0
    • Scared Little Girl beat Alfonze 2-0

Today's winners all secured 80 pizza, and have a chance at winning 120 more in the final round!

The first post in this thread has been updated to include results and video links. :)

8. MATCH REPORT
    Scared Little Girl (2) - (0) Alfonze

Game 1
    Map: Crundyup's Bridge
    Winner: Scared Little Girl
    This is a great map for control wizards, but since Alfonze had control wizards also, the map didn't have much effect. I think I had a slightly better build (or draw), and things started to slowly go bad for Alfonze. I drew Toughness at a critical point which helped one of my wizards stay alive until the end, but it wouldn't have made much difference had he died. Worst part was when I drew Fright at a really bad time and had to discard some good cards, but luckily it didn't screw me over too much.

Game 2
    Map: Celestial Temple
    Winner: Scared Little Girl
    I like this map and have played it a lot. I had also made some anti-Wizard tweaks to my build so I was very confident going into this match. Alfonze hadn't PM'd his sideboard, but we decided that he was allowed to make some minor changes. I think he changed only one item, so it was almost the same build. I pretty much knew I was going to win unless I made some major mistakes. Alfonze surprised me with Illusion Wall and Smoke Bomb, although the latter probably ended up hurting him more than me. After I had capped the victory square, it was pretty easy to keep control of it. Main reason why Alfonze lost was that I was able to WoW on of his wizards every time he walked in range, making the game feel almost like 3 vs. 2.

Conclusion
    Both were nice little mirror matches. First game could have gone either way, but sideboard helped me a lot more than it did Alfonze, so game 2 was a more one-sided beating.

I'd like to thank my opponent and the referee.

Aiven, Flaxative and Phaselock like this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

First post updated with results and video—Stexe beat thedoughster 2-0.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hi everyone! Round 3 is complete, with 5/6 matches actually taking place and only one determined by no-show.

The first post in this thread has all updated results & videos.

Here are the standings as of the end of Round 3:
    • Stexe 3-0
    • TheShadowTitan 3-0
    • ItsEtai 2-1
    • CT5 2-1
    • Scared Little Girl 2-1
    • ArcadianRook 2-1
    • Mosalla 2-1
    • Dave 1-2
    • Alfonze 1-2
    • Tuknir 1-2
    • thedoughster 1-2
    • ElShafto 1-2
    • PIZZA 0-3

I have yet to do the pairings, and will announce them ASAP. However, at this point we know two things:
    1) Stexe and TheShadowTitan will be facing each other in the final round, fighting for 500 pizza.
    2) Given that we have an odd # of players, and that PIZZA is at the bottom of the standings and has yet to receive a bye, PIZZA will not be playing in the next round. He will receive a point, but unfortunately it will not secure him any prize.

Thanks for making this round so much smoother, everyone!

Aiven likes this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader