Peasant Tournament - Round 2 Pairings & Match Times

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Second Round Matches Complete: 8/8

Round 2 complete!

Hi everyone! After some randomization and a lot of time-zone-checking, I have the pairings and match times for the second round of the peasant tournament. You can see results and video footage from round one here.

Players: You have given me your availabilities and registered your builds. The following pairings are final, and the match times as well, unless either A) I have misunderstood something or B) there is some kind of emergency. Show up on the server ahead of your match time (5 minutes early is fine) to confirm your presence. Remember that showing up late by more than 5 minutes will result in penalties. Missing your match entirely counts as a forfeit. All these rules are in the original tournament thread, which you can continue to reference throughout the duration of the event.

Spectators: You will be able to spectate the games at the specified match times on the Card Hunter PvP server. Remember to be respectful when spectating. If you can't watch the matches live, I will be posting video footage of them to YouTube. Links for that will be made available as footage becomes available.

Discussion in this thread: You guys can chat in here in anticipation of the matches if you'd like. Any questions or concerns about the following details, however, should be raised via PM (start a conversation with me)—I don't want them getting lost in the discussion.

Pairings & Match Times

I am listing these in chronological order, and labeling them with both their UTC times and their PST times (that's my timezone). Be sure to double check at what time these matches are occurring in your time zone! PM me if you have any questions about this, or if my math is wrong. I can't help you if you don't contact me, and you will receive a match loss if you don't show up.

Due to food poisoning, I had to postpone round 2. The NEW ROUND times are below—everything was pushed back exactly 3 days to get around Christmas.

1. thedoughster vs. Red Mage
    UTC: 3 p.m. on Thursday the 26th​
    PST: 7 a.m. on Thursday the 26th​
    RESULTS: 2-0 (Red Mage didn't show.)

2. ArcadianRook vs. Alfonze
    UTC: 6 p.m. on Thursday the 26th​
    PST: 10 a.m. on Thursday the 26th​
    RESULTS: 0-2 (Rook didn't show.)

3. Dave vs. PIZZA
    UTC: 1 a.m. on Friday the 27th​
    PST: 5 p.m. on Thursday the 26th​
    RESULTS: 2-0 (PIZZA didn't show.)

4. Tuknir vs. Tragus
    UTC: 2 a.m. on Friday the 27th​
    PST: 6 p.m. on Thursday the 26th​
    RESULTS: 2-0 (Tragus didn't show.)

5. CT5 vs. ItsEtai
    UTC: 3 a.m. on Friday the 27th​
    PST: 7 p.m. on Thursday the 26th​
    RESULTS: 1-2 (ItsEtai wins)
    > VIDEO <

6. TheShadowTitan vs. Scared Little Girl
    UTC: 10 a.m. on Friday the 27th​
    PST: 2 a.m. on Friday the 27th​
    RESULTS: 2-1 (TheShadowTitan wins)
    > VIDEO <

7. Stexe vs. Stormyknight
    UTC: 6 p.m. on Friday the 27th​
    PST: 10 a.m. on Friday the 27th​
    RESULTS: 2-0 (Stormyknight didn't show.)

8. ElShafto vs. Mosalla
    UTC: 12 a.m. on Saturday the 28th​
    PST: 4 p.m. on Friday the 27th​
    RESULTS: 0-2 (Mosalla wins)
    > VIDEO <

Please check this thread periodically. I will try to alert everyone if there're any changes, but I need all tournament participants to stay on the ball and keep an eye on these things.

Aiven likes this.
  2. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Monday is my travel day for the Christmas holidays. As such, I won't be able to make that match time. I could play in the morning ET but not in the afternoon/evening.

3. Yea, I'm a bit worried about the timing here. I don't know what happens in rest of the world, but here in Europe we have the Christmas holidays coming, and I fear more no-shows might happen because of that. For example there is a slight chance (about 20%) that I cannot make that 4pm UTC tomorrow.

Hopefully I can make it because I'm excited about my match with TheShadowTitan. Well, more like horrified because we've actually fought Peasant before with our tournament decks and I lost that match, even though I had a map advantage. His deck counters mine pretty well because I cannot deal with the warrior, so it's definitely going to be interesting. :)

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, I tried to squeeze all the matches in before Christmas Eve, but, as always, if match times don't work just let me know (as ElShafto did). I'll reschedule any that don't work for after Christmas.

5. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

I'm on for the next three hours pretty much, or obviously tomorrow morning for about a three-hour spot between 8-11 am ET. If Flax and Mosalla can both make that, we can get our match in before the Holiday.

6. Mosalla

Mosalla Orc Soldier

I agree to changes, but I will need to know them and accept in advance. I will check this thread more often I guess.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Bad news guys. I came down with crippling food poisoning today. I'm out of commission, so will push all the round 2 matches till after Christmas. Sorry! I'll post new pairing times ASAP.

8. Mosalla

Mosalla Orc Soldier

I was about to suggest getting a little helper as another referee.

9. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Shouldn't have eaten the kobold kandy!

10. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Shame. You might want to update the main post then and remove the current times. At least this will give me an excuse to finish my GDC CA application and work on formatting my balance changes for Card Hunter...

11. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get better soon.

A few days delay is not a big deal. All things considering I think it's better this way because we don't get Christmas no-shows.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, I just did that. I was not feeling well enough to do much more than make that one post when I did ;)

Thanks. I am a lot better this morning, but very glad that I wasn't up 30 minutes ago trying to record a match. I'll be full strength again by the end of the day, we'll all enjoy our respective holidays, and then matches will resume on the 26th or something. I'll try to get the new pairing times up ASAP. :)

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey everyone, I've updated the first post in this thread with new match times. Everything's exactly same time of day and same pairings, so things should fit the schedules I have for you guys. We just moved the round back 3 days (72 hours) to start on the 26th. Sorry again about the hassle and delay. As before, if match times don't work for you, let me know ASAP and I'll try to rearrange things.

:)

14. Stexe

I can't do Tuesday or Thursday (that's my board game group night). Basically any other day I should be good though.

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm moving you to Friday (Stormyknight is supposedly free all the time). Let me know if this works for you (new match times in the first post).

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

At TheShadowTitan's request, I have pushed his match with SLG back an additional 24 hours.

17. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

I would also like to push mine back to Friday if Mosalla is agreeable - Thursday is my travel day back home.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Mosalla, does that work for you?

19. Mosalla

Mosalla Orc Soldier

Yes
    Yes Friday works for me.

20. Stexe

Friday works for me too.