Ozyola's Oddments Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pawndawan, Jan 20, 2016.

1. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Partially in response to BVD, but also partially "this is simply more OP-ness I forgot to mention": Awesome Laser-ness, but in limited fashion so as to not cause blow-outs of self-harm including (ugh) Drained Battery! You can pair one of these with another of itself -- or with a Nova Axe, or with Bejeweled for that matter. Even a couple Lunginators could probably rock the house with this thing. Or, ha ha ha, a Lunginator and Crazy Sal's Halberd. $}^ b It just combines so well with other weapons!

2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Ozyola's Oddments #2 is still open for ~73 hours! Submissions close this Sunday, March 6th ~12:00 UTC.

I'd like to see over 30 submissions. :)

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

It is possible that your restriction is scaring them away.
    PS: I wouldn't have posted anything had I not had the idea.

4. Pawndawan

Yes, dating might be scarier than dreaming about OP items. Despite the more restrictive and unattractive(?) theme, OO #2 has currently the same amount of submissions than OO #1. :)

Maniafig and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  5. Pawndawan

~36 hours to go until submissions for OO #2 closes! :)

6. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

7. Pawndawan

Ozyola's Oddments #2 Community Choice Poll is now open!

Only nine (9) poll options, because the tenth spot was shared with three (3) items.
    #,Submitter,Item name,Likes
    1,DupleX,Too Tall Heels,15
    2,Dieben,Triple-Popped-Collar Shirt of the Ideal Fiancé,11
    2,Mama Mia,Pocketed Cell Phone,11
    4,seth arue,Unsafe "Raincoat",9
    5,tghy71,Politician's Suit,8
    6,Super4011,Unusually Hairy Coat,7
    6,Maniafig,Wardrobe Malfunction,7
    6,timeracers,Magical Dress of Love,7
    6,VermillionOcean,Bad Date,7
    10,Pyrious,Nightstand,6
    10,Sir Veza,Gadabout's Glad Rags,6
    10,Kalin,Silk Underwear,6
    13,Killer74,Dilapidated Tuxedo,5
    13,Wandere,Slightly Slimy Sleepwear,5
    15,Hidden Jaguar,Exceptionally Polished Bling,4
    16,gulo gulo,Catfish Coveralls,3
    16,Aerendhil,Ladykiller's Attire,3
    16,40c_rudy,Melvelous Razzle Dazzle Moccasins,3
    16,SceoMyntan,Hide of the Overenthusiastic Hugger,3
    16,FDrybob,Jealous Jaywalkers,3
    16,think_panther,Sexy Cop Outfit,3
    22,LieutenantCommanderData,Dakimakura,2
    23,Lucky Dice,Boots of Stylish Determination,1
    23,petiot38,Annoying Womanizer,1
    23,Brother Tortoise,Naked But Safe,1
    26,Adunien,Chain Of Eternal Love,0
    26,WexMajor,Wrong "Period" for Dating,0

Thanks everyone for participating! Lots of good submissions on the poll, if I may say so. :)

timeracers likes this.
  8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Huh, maybe I should start liking my own entries in the future...

9. Pawndawan

Today I had finally some time to work with OO #2. I've selected and photoshopped the winning items and started writing submission feedbacks. If all goes well, OO #2 (and OO #3) will be online later this week. :)

10. Pawndawan

Results for the Ozyola's Oddments #2 are finally live! If you want to watch the video first before knowing the winners, stop clicking around the forums now:

The winning items for OO #2 are...
    @DupleX's Too Tall Heels (lvl 1 Rare Boots, tokenless)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

@Dieben's Triple-Popped-Collar Shirt of the Ideal Fiancé (lvl 18 Uncommon Heavy Armor, (majortoken))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

But wait! There's more winners!
    @Aerendhil's Ladykiller's Attire (lvl 15 Legendary Heavy Armor, (minortoken))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

@Kalin's Silk Underwear (lvl 11 Epic Divine Armor, (minortoken))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

@Maniafig's Wardrobe Malfunction (lvl 1 Common Robes, tokenless)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I will add a short written review for each submitted item, so be sure to read those too. OO #3 will open later tonight or tomorrow. :)

Inkfingers, Dieben, Sir Veza and 5 others like this.
  11. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Very glad to have driven Cardomom600 crazy! I wasn't expecting to see 5 winners, and I certainly didn't know what to expect my item's image to look like as I hadn't even a clue myself. It's true though, that monstrosity sure is a wardrobe malfunction, I think anyone would be forgiven for dropping it. :p

Congratulations to the winners as well! There were a lot of fun submissions this time, which suits the overall fun theme. I'm curious to see what's in store for OO #3!

Also that new speech synth really makes Cardomom sound phat.

seth arue, Sir Veza, Mama Mia and 3 others like this.
  12. SceoMyntan

SceoMyntan Fire Demon

Just want to say I like the video; thought it was full of good choices. The funny dialogue format, with the two sometimes disagreeing, takes the pressure off and just makes it a lighthearted but helpful discussion of the items. Not competitive or conducive to riots, as Ozyola's should be. And I thought it played around the month's theme very well. And it was fun hearing the banter around my item. So yeah, thanks for doing this and stuff!

13. Pawndawan

Ozyola's Oddments #3 is now open!

---

I almost forgot to congratulate all the winners. So congrats all! :D

Thanks for the kind words. :) I sure hope this phat version of Cardomom is more pleasant and doesn't make your ears bleed so much. And once again, there's full captions if you rather watch it without sound or are just wondering, what the heck they're mumbling about.

Some details about the OO #2 winners:
    • I realized that @Maniafig is a repeat winner from OO #1 only after I had picked and photoshopped the winners.
    • I decided to choose multiple winners after I saw that AA #7 had two winning items. :p
    • I really had hard time choosing between Three-Popped-Collar and Ladykiller's Attire. The coin flip went to the Ideal Fiancé and I had hard time fitting all three collars on the item illustration... only to notice after the item was done, that it isn't really a Heavy Armor by item design standards. By then, it felt really bad to just throw the item away, so I decided to pick two winning Heavy Armors.
    Here's how messy the items are when viewed on the Photoshop.
    [​IMG]

14. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

Determining the item's level and cost with Vakaz's tool will be a bit problematic since we are trying to introduce new classes/races. As far as i know, the value of the cards are different from one existing class to another, so when we are trying to create our item what option should we choose for the first box concerning class/race?

P.S. Congratulations to all the OO#2 winners and big thanks to Pawndawan for the awesome contest and video.

Pawndawan and Killer74 like this.
  15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm guessing default, unless your race/class is very close to another.

16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I think you just assign a rating to the card for the new race or class.

17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Considering -

Rat 'Em Out!
    Racial Skill (Gong Rat)
    Level 6, tokenless, common
    . . .Raise The Alarm . . . . . . . Energize . . . . . . . . . . Weak Strike
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm not really sure Gong Rats should be a player race, but it's really no sillier than some of the drivel WotC foisted off in an overweening effort to sell books. Thoughts?

18. Dieben

Many thanks, Pawndawan!

The commentary was spot on, on all counts. Fun to listen to, especially since this is the first contest video I've been mentioned in, let alone victorious in. I get the feeling that the Manchurian establishment is stonewalling my efforts to increase my publicity. My only complaint, as @SceoMyntan mentioned, was the theme being non-conducive to riots. Please continue to do this contest.

Inkfingers, Krunail, Maniafig and 3 others like this.
  19. Pawndawan

Yeah, I thought about this on my way to bed. Good question! :)

Just use default, unless you have a (good) reason to use some other rating. If your race / class is warrior-like, using that rating might be justified and so on, but be consistent.

You can even come up with own card rating, if you feel some cards should be valued differently for your new race / class. If you use non-default card rating, I would appreciate if you mention it on your submission.

20. Dieben

YOU HAD ONE JOB!
    ONE. JOB.
    AND YOU BLEW THE GREATEST OF OPPORTUNITIES.

Inkfingers and Maniafig like this.