Ozyola's Oddments #2: Custom Item Submissions!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pawndawan, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

1. yhgt
    2. Politician's suit
    3. Robes (lv. 11 (minortoken))
    4. Good for us, Mob attack, Leadership
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    All three cards fit the theme well. In my opinion, this feels a bit more like a Divine Armor than Robes. I think most politicians/leaders are closer to priests/clerics than wizards.

As some other creative submissions, this one violates the item design restrictions, that I wanted the submissions to follow. I don’t think Leadership will be ever printed outside Human Skills. Also, Robes and other armors should have at least one actual armor card.

Nevertheless, clever and creative submission, which isn’t afraid of pushing the item design boundaries quite a bit. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2016
  2. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

Too Tall Heels
    Level -6 Rare Boots
    Dangerous Maneuver, Clumsy, Trip
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Community’s favorite and one of my top choices as well. :) Simple and elegant (awkward), just how I like my dating partners. :p The flavor text of Dangerous Maneuver coupled with the too tall heels theme, reminds me of (America’s) Next Top Model. If you squint your eyes just right, that character on Trip even looks like Tyra Banks!

Both rarity and tokenless cost are fitting to the theme. The card combination is a spot-on. Good job!

3. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

Mama Mia, ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  4. Adunien

Adunien War Monkey

1. Chain Of Eternal Love
    2. Heavy Armor (Rare (majortoken) 19 lvl)
    3. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Beautiful and poetic theme / submission. :) True / eternal love is a big investment, so I think major token cost is right and justified.

Although it would lower the token cost to minor, replacing that Inspiring Armor with another Armor + Boost card (eg. Quickness Aura, Rushing Aura or Sparkling Cloth Armor) might have been interesting (but a slightly different) idea.

Not necessarily a thing to wear on a date, this would make a good wedding dress or suit. :)

5. Hidden Jaguar

Hidden Jaguar Lizardman Priest

1. Exceptionally Polished Bling
    2. Robes (level 8, tokenless, Epic)
    3. Sparkling Cloth Armor, Shimmering Aura, Chain Harness

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Similar to Ladykiller’s Attire or Triple-Popped-Coller Shirt, this tries to make impression to the dating partner with exquisite and over the top clothing and accessories.

However, the tokenless Epic nature of this submission is interesting. Tokenless cost makes this look a bit cheap or low quality, but not everyone can afford this Epic set of accessories. I think it captures the feel of bling quite well.

Chain Harness is the booster / polisher here. Since this doesn’t have any traits or magic cards, this feels more like a Heavy Armor to me. However, since this is Robes you could exploit the loophole that timeracers showed us on OO #1 and upgrade that Chain Harness to Enchanted Harness while keeping it still tokenless.

6. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

WexMajor
    Wrong "period" for dating
    Boots
    Adaptable, Fright, Escaping Run
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    A bit on the ewww… side, or am I reading too much into it? Maybe I’m missing something, but Adaptable feels both thematically and item creation wise out of place. Fright makes sense, although for some reason at first I thought it was Cowardly that forces you to discard / drop all Attack (red = blood) cards.

Adaptable’s flavor text adds a positive side to the theme, while Fright’s flavor is a bit tasteless.

7. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Pocketed Cell Phone
    Robes (Uncommon Lvl. 16, (minortoken))
    Thunderblast, Fumble, Push The Button
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    Really surprising and clever submission that suffers a bit from the theme restrictions, since I think it would’ve worked better as an Arcane Item.

Similar to Wardrobe Malfunction or Naked But Safe, this is an unfortunate scenario you wish wouldn’t happen on a date. All three cards fit the theme and manage to tell a whole story, just like Too Tall Heels. Being on the common side of the rarity spectrum feels appropriate.

This would’ve been my top pick, if OO #2 would have permitted bringing items and accessories to the date (Arcane Items etc.) :)

Robauke, Inkfingers, Maniafig and 8 others like this.
  8. Sexy Cop Outfit
    Divine Armor (Rare lv13, 1 minor token)
    Officer's Harness, Inspiring Armor, Hit The Deck
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Feedback:
    This is not Halloween, so wearing a Sexy Cop Outfit on a date sounds a bit strange and/or desperate. Officer’s Harness is really good fit to the theme and item name. I guess some might find a said outfit inspiring as well.

Hit The Deck is another card corrupted by this event. :p It also doesn’t really belong to armors, so it feels a bit forced in that regard. Adding more harnesses would make it more sexy / revealing (à la Duncan's Chain Cap or Lt. Buckwell's Strapping), but would increase the item rarity unnecessarily.

9. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  10. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Results for the Ozyola's Oddments #2 are finally live! If you want to watch the video first before knowing the winners, stop clicking around the forums now:

The winning items for OO #2 are...
    @DupleX's Too Tall Heels (lvl 1 Rare Boots, tokenless)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

@Dieben's Triple-Popped-Collar Shirt of the Ideal Fiancé (lvl 18 Uncommon Heavy Armor, (majortoken))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

But wait! There's more winners!
    @Aerendhil's Ladykiller's Attire (lvl 15 Legendary Heavy Armor, (minortoken))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

@Kalin's Silk Underwear (lvl 11 Epic Divine Armor, (minortoken))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

@Maniafig's Wardrobe Malfunction (lvl 1 Common Robes, tokenless)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.