Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. 00Banshee00

00Banshee00 Orc Soldier

Actually, it's only 2 times (mikey76500's post cannot be considered as two since it was made by the same person)
    ----
    Bio-hazard Suit (or Hazmat Suit)
    Silver Quality(?)
    Armor 2 - Roll 4+
    Grants immunity to radiation damage. If a card would be attached to you, discard that card instead
    Keep.

Would probably be a monster only where the monster has a lot of radiation related damage.

2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

One.
    Two.
    Three.

3. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Indecision

Handicap - Duration 3
    You can't start the turn

4. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Defender
    Boost
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Enemy characters may not draw line of sight through you. Duration 2.
    You'll have to go through me first.
    Note: I could imagine a variation or two, including your blocks triggering if the enemy needs to draw his line of sight to his target through this character, for example.

Shield Wall
    Boost
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. When you become adjacent to an ally, attach a copy of this card to that ally. Your blocks may trigger for adjacent allies if you are facing the attacker. Duration 2.
    "What's better than a good shield? Two good shields in formation." - Captain Cedric Cleavehorn

Stalwart Block
    Block
    Block any, 3+. If the roll is 5 or above, this block gains Keep.
    Note: Inspired by Hold the Line! by @WexMajor - I guess that the two could be even combined.

Fearless Block

Block
    Block any, 3+. The roll of this block may not be reduced. Attacker discards a random card.
    "I've seen things you can't even imagine. Give me your worst." - Snarri Goldsong

Eye of the Storm
    Attack, Magic Electrical, Damage 7, Range 4
    Affects all characters within range except yourself. For each target, subtract one point of damage for every square they are distant from you.

Incinerate
    Attack, Magic Fire, Damage 3, Range 4
    Burning 2, duration 2. This card gains two points of burning damage for each other burning card attached to target.
    "Everything is combustible if you're persistent enough." - Akon the Pyromonius

Immolation
    Attack, Magic Fire, Damage 4, Range 6
    Burning 5, duration 1. Target does not take fire damage from other sources while this card is attached.
    Other flames are mere candles.

Conflagration
    Attack, Magic Fire
    Every enemy with a burning card attached attaches a copy of it to its closest ally.
    Kobolds are often seen to s****** at each other when one of them is hit by something. These ones won't do so for long.

I also had a really wacky idea earlier - one that's quite likely impossible to properly implement or balance, but I thought up a few examples nevertheless, because at that point it was too late to stop thinking about it. What if we had global attachments, cards that affect the whole battlefield? There could be only one in play at any point and it could be shown for both players next to the three characters (there's some room, I guess). Still, I guess they'd be wildly annoying and generally wouldn't add much to the game in general, so this is just a scrapped idea for fun.

Blazing Sun
    Utility
    Attach to battlefield. At the start of each round, every character takes one point of penetrating fire damage. Increase all fire damage from other sources by one point. Duration 2.

Downpour
    Utility
    Attach to battlefield. Reduce all fire damage by two points. At the start of each round, remove all lava terrain. Duration 2.

Thunderstorm
    Utility
    Attach to battlefield. Reduce all fire damage by one point. At the start of each round, remove all lava terrain, and a random character takes three points of electrical damage. Duration 2.

Fog
    Utility
    Attach to battlefield. All cards with a range above four have their range reduced by one. Duration 2.

Blizzard
    Utility
    Attach to battlefield. All cards with a range above four have their range reduced by one. At the start of each round, all characters with no armour card in their hand take two points of cold damage.

Another thing about the Good Luck card suggested by a few people before - it might very well be crazily powerful, despite how lacklustre Bad Luck is. Think of what it'd do to characters with lots of Parries or Defender's Blocks - or, indeed, rather think about how easy it is to get lots of Dodges and, thanks to Wind Dancer, Unreliable Blocks.

WexMajor, 00Banshee00 and tolkien like this.
  5. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Creeping Darkness - Cleric only -

Trait - Duration 1
    All melee damage you cause is considered unholy.
    Anytime you cause unholy damage, you heal the same amount.
    All holy damage you take is double.

6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Feathered
    Silver Quality
    Hybrid Drawback/Boost
    Trait. Whenever you play a Move card, add Fly to that card. Does not affect Step moves.
    If you take damage from an enemy source, move back 1. Duration 2 (or 3)

Decapitate
    Emerald Quality
    Attack
    Damage 10 range 1. When this card does damage, if the target has no armor, increase its damage by 10.
    (Armor of Faith etc. should prevent the extra damage.)

7. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Sunrise

Magic assist/attack - Type holy
    Heal 3 - Range N/A
    Affect all characters, all characters discard attached cards. They heal 1 HP per card discarded.
    If a form is discarded, that character recieves 5 unpreventable Holy damage. They don't recover HP by discarding attached cards.

tolkien likes this.
  8. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Winded
    Drawback
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Encumber 1, subtract one point of damage from every melee attack you play. Duration 2.
    Even the best warriors might be defeated by fatigue.

Adrenaline Rush
    Boost/Drawback
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Melee Frenzy 2. Whenever you play a non-step move card, add one to the move points of that card. If a card with the Stun keyword would be attached to you, discard it instead. Duration 2. When this attachment expires or is removed, create and attach a Winded card to yourself.

Berserk
    Attack/Assist
    Deal four points of Melee Slashing damage to a random target adjacent to you (enemy targets preferred; if none are available, you take this damage). Attach this card to yourself. Melee Frenzy 2, Armor 2, duration 2. When this attachment expires or is removed, create and attach a Winded card to yourself.

I like both Creeping Darkness and Sunrise. The latter seems a beautiful anti-form card, though in that regard it'd possibly way outperform Daylight. As for Creeping Darkness, my only idea of improvement is that the character could take X penetrating Holy damage whenever targeted by a Holy card - increased Holy damage taken is practically inconsequential. (That idea came to my mind as a possibility when people were talking about making Creature of the Night slightly worse for singleplayer, but it seems balanced for multiplayer after all.)

Decapitate looks interesting, I guess it could be a nice card with lower numbers (and maybe a different name as a result). Pair it up with Sundering Strike, I say!

WexMajor likes this.
  9. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I like @Frostguard s interplay between the above cards. Berserk is similar to tantrum which I wrote awhile ago with the addition of frenzy and winded.

I was thinking of decapitate and feathered being monster cards for a creature on jon chey's twitter account. I'll try to create that monster later.

WexMajor likes this.
  10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Psionic Armor
    Hybrid armor/assist
    Armor 2. Adjacent allies gain Armor 2.
    If this armor prevents piercing damage discard it.

For the superhero series.

11. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Involuntary Reflex

Boost/attack - Type crushing
    Range 1 - Damage 6 Attack only behind you, you can't face the enemy
    When a character enters a square behind you, deliver 6 Crushing damage to it, you turn to face the character. Keep.

12. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Lay Trap

Boost/attack
    Create a Spiked Terrain square where you are. Move back 1
    When someone enters a square behind you, create a Spiked terrain on their square. Move 1, Keep

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  13. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Already a real attack.
    Caltrops

14. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I have woken up for nothing...
    :(

15. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Rename it something else, like Earthshatter.
    Or trapped ground.

WexMajor likes this.
  16. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Hungry Friend

Magic attack - Type unholy
    Damage 1 - Range N/A
    Affect all characters.
    Reveal all armor cards, reveal all block cards.
    Deliver 1 Unpreventable unholy damage, you heal for the amount of damage you caused. Unblockable, Unbuffable.
    If this attack defeats a character, this card gains Cantrip and Keep.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  17. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Emergency!
    Silver+ Quality
    Hybrid Movement/Assist
    Step 2. Heal 5. Range 1.

Triage
    Silver+ Quality
    Hybrid Movement/Assist
    Place yourself in a random square adjacent to the ally with the least health. Heal 3 that ally.

Available for Divine Weapons, Divine Items, and Divine Skills

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  18. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Deceitful
    Handicap. Tar quality.
    Trait. Whenever you attack, change the target to a random ally within range. Roll 4+. Duration 3.

Foolish

Handicap. Tar Quality.
    Trait. After you attack turn opposite your target. Duration 3.

19. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Troll Blood

Boost/armor

Anytime you take damage, you Heal 2. Armor 1 Keep.
    You can't play move, assist or attack cards unless there is an ally within 2 squares.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    tolkien likes this.
  20. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

But... But... Triage is to diagnose!
    It's not a healing device!
    You need a Medical Tricorder!

ParodyKnaveBob and WexMajor like this.