Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Because you can keep the enemy facing away from the back stabber(because poke has keep) and you can always face enemies or allies within 1 range, I would prefer this card in regular matches.

ParodyKnaveBob and billiska like this.
  2. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Ah, my apologies then. So it's merely meant to change facing of someone, and check for blocks....why not just use Weak Strike? :p

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

The key word Keep is of high value.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. billiska

billiska Ogre

You're right. That means this card is less about checking block and more about changing people facing.

timeracers likes this.
  5. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

I suggested something like Poke, once. Post #178:

I....*guess* it could be crushing. I think.

Oh, also, speaking of ideas:

Plan B
    Assist card. [White]
    Discard your entire hand, then draw the same number of new cards. Free Draw. You can only use this card on yourself.
    "I always have a backup plan." - Legendary Gladiatorial Champion, Flaxativian.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  6. billiska

billiska Ogre

Something to think about:
    1. Is this a 'free draw'? Like in Leadership?
    2. What is the usual max number of cards that will be discarded? In most circumstance, 4. But there is officer harness and mimetic armor to consider.
    That said, I like the idea. Just trying to evaluate the quality of the card these questions came up first.

7. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I would say free draw yes and there should be no max draw on it, just place it as Gold - Emerald quality.

8. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

@billiska and @BlackVoidDeath: Should probably be a Free Draw, yeah. Edited.

2 more ideas, too:

Good Luck
    Assist card [white].
    Range: 6
    Attach to target. Whenever target rolls a die, add 1 to it. You cannot use this card on yourself. Duration 2.

Good Fortunes
    Assist card [white].
    Range: 5
    Attach to target. Whenever target target rolls a die, add 2 to it. You cannot use this card on yourself. Duration 1.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  9. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Here's a hefty idea I came up with, though it's challenging to implement.

Path of Shards
    Utility, Magic Piercing, Gold+
    Attach to target. While attached, leave a trail of Spiked Terrain in a line between the start and end square when moved, not including the final square. Duration 2.

So basically your target is applying Spiked Terrain in a linear fashion every time he/she moves/gets moved, but it will never affect your current square. Useful if you want to leave behind Spiked Terrain after SPR or make your warrior leave behind Spiked Terrain to provide you defensive cover or offensive cover while using step attacks, or erase current terrain attachments by movement. Hell, you can even use TK and the like to help create more terrain tiles.

Here's a lesser, easier to implement version:
    Path of Shards
    Utility, Magic Piercing, Silver+
    Attach to target. While attached, leave Spiked Terrain (Stop. At the start of each round, occupant takes 6 points of Piercing damage, Duration 2) at the start of every move. Duration 2.

So you just leave behind one square of Spiked Terrain, and that's the square where you began the move. You can create multiple tiles using multiple step attacks and similar cards.

billiska and Magic Elves like this.
  10. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

Here's an even easier to implement version:

Path Of Shards
    Utility card. [Purple]
    Range: 6
    Choose a square. This card creates a line of Spiked Terrain [Stop. At the start of each round, occupant takes 6 Piercing Damage] from your square to the target square. Linear, Duration 2.

11. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

But then it would be an attack card, and won't have the same utility as the attachment version; not very different from Acid Jet. The whole concept was for movement to affect terrain attachment creation, which is an untouched aspect of the game because most of the time terrain attachments affect movement. SPR leaving behind a Spiked Terrain every time you move would be strategically interesting as it never places the opponent directly on the Spiked Terrain but instead adds to the positioning and the decision-making aspects of the game.

12. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

SPR could leave a random type of stopping terrain instead of just spiked.

13. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

he/she/IT moves/gets moved
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    dont forget the slimes, skeletons and kats.

14. billiska

billiska Ogre

1. Does SPR stands for Path of Shards?
    2. Whatever the case, difficult terrain attachments includes: laser beacon, spiked, acid, healing beacon, illusionary. Anything that have random result between these sounds little too chaotic.

15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

SPR normally means Short Perplexing Ray.

16. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Defender

Trait
    Add 1 to all blocks. Duration 3

Full Defense

Trait/handicap
    Add 2 to all blocks, add 2 to all armor values, you can't play attack cards. Duration 2

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You mean robots, not cats. The cats have clear genders (MMF).

18. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Yes, I was thinking about the card suggested, but had SPR on the brain. My mistake.

19. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Don't forget they, because the slime figures are more than one slime working together.

20. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Frozen Puddle
    Range 4
    Target square becomes Ice terrain (If you end your move on ice terrain, you move into a random square. Attach a trip handicap card to yourself).

Ice Floe
    Range 4
    Burst 1
    Target square becomes Ice terrain (If you end your move on ice terrain, you move into a random square. Attach a trip handicap card to yourself).

Frost Aura
    Range 1
    All squares in range become Ice terrain
    (If you end your move on ice terrain, you move into a random square. Attach a trip handicap card to yourself).