Can't Connect to Game

Discussion in 'Support' started by admin, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Game servers seem to be down for everyone.

2. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

3. John_smith15

John_smith15 Kobold

Yeah not working for me either. Are the servers down because of the yogscast video?

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

5. John_smith15

John_smith15 Kobold

If it is Yogscast related sorry about that cause they got me onto the game as well! Only just started it last night. I played the tutorial and then this happened! Oh well, hope it gets fixed soon. Good luck!

Also it might also be a good idea to warn people about any problems on twitter. That's where I thought I should check first before I checked the forums. Just a suggestion.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  6. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I have been having trouble logging in for the last 2 days; I was hoping that this latest fix would solve my issue, but as of the time of this post I am still getting the "Connection failed. The server or your internet connection may be down. Please refresh the page and try to login again." error.

I am currently abroad, and the issue started after I started using a foreign university's wifi connection. I am worried that some of the game's ports are being blocked on my connection, since the issues just started since I got here.

I have already tried refreshing my connection, refreshing the game, clearing the cache, disabling my firewall, disabling addons (chrome and ie), and disabling my anti-virus. Still the same issue. When I navigate to https://live-server.cardhunter.com, I just get a blank page.

Help?

7. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Everything should be back up now. If not, please let us know in this thread or via support@cardhunter.com.

8. Jon

That does sound like it could be an issue with your internet connectivity. We do need ports 8080, 9933, and 443 open.

What, if anything, do you see when you visit https://live-server.cardhunter.com/check_maintenance.jsp?

9. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

10. Jon

11. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Okay, now I get:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <serverstatus>
    <active>1</active>
    </serverstatus>

[edit: I also tried accessing the game with a friend's computer (using mozilla) on the same connection, and had the same "connection failed" error]

12. Jon

OK, so you can see the check maintenance script fine. Are you familiar with the "developer tools" in your browser? If so, we can find out exactly what it's failing to load.

It's definitely sounding like your internet connection is blocking a port we need though.

13. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I am aware of the developer tools in chrome and can open them, although I have not worked with them before. What should I do/be looking for?

14. Jon

Open the development tools bar. Navigate to the "network" tab and then try to load the client. It should show you what is failing to load.

15. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

The paths that failed to load were:

bootstrap.cfg?v=2%2E18%2E3%2E8949 - 403 forbidden

Response -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>0633866F9927A65E</RequestId><HostId>KP4T+9/nTkemz67J0f7k/MNbz21+2v4P7ftfd2cn1cLxNsa0RKbZVDRxVUyTdEeH</HostId></Error>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crossdomain.xml - (failed) net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT)

Response - Failed to load response data

16. Jon

Crossdomain.xml not loading is a problem. I'll Jason if he has any idea what that in particular might not be loading.

17. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

I can't think of any good reason why that wouldn't load correctly.

The most likely culprits are:
    - load on our web server, which would also affect check_maintenance.jsp
    - network connectivity problem, which seems unlikely since you seem to access other files with no problem

I suppose with the "connection timed out" error, it could be a side effect of the number of files that are being loaded in parallel causing some part of the link to be slow (or throttled by the network provider). And indication of the full URL of the crossdomain.xml that is failing to load?

18. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

19. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

That looks right. I'd be willing to bet it's something blocking port 8080. Of course that's only used as a fallback if the client can't reach port 9933, which suggests that port might have trouble too.

Try loading that directly in your web browser to see if it can load, and then try: https://live-server.cardhunter.com/crossdomain.xml and let us know what the results are.