What is the shortest method to get most gold pieces (gp)

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by ClimbHigh, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

2. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

I was going to be completing a number of games on it further today (been busy at work the past two) so it'll just help add to the numbers. Good haul though so far! :)

Fwiw, you're numbers are much better than mine in terms of loot... I am surprised neither of us have popped a Legendary just yet, but then depending on whose numbers you believe that's pretty believable based on those who've actually opened the chests vs. theorycrafted the numbers.

Edit: I'm sick, it will have to wait until later. Unfortunately this means no lucky legendary treasure break that would have let me get Wym"s staff, oh well. :I

3. tempo

tempo Kobold

It looks like I don't have as much free time as many of you, but I still wanted to contribute, so I played part 1 of Gladiatorial Arena Qualifiers (level 9) 50 times in 2.5 hours. I totaled my drops in piotras' spreadsheet.

Attached Files:

4. ArtificerProdigy

ArtificerProdigy Orc Soldier

Saw this thread right before I was getting ready to do some farming, so I figured I'd track my results to help you guys out. Here are my spreadsheets from the first stage of both the Tvericus adventures.

Edit: I seem to have accidentally expanded one of the attachments to full size, oops. Also, my numbers are slightly off, I think I forgot to record item type for at least one item if I recall, but everything should be pretty close.

Level12Results.png

Attached Files:

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the data, Tempo and Artificer! The more we have, the better understanding of the loot system we'll achieve.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I've been collecting data from the first two battles of Diamonds of the Kobolds and The White Star, because I know they use a special loot table that gives extras treasures (I was also trying to grind for gold). I copied the template posted upthread, then made some changes to make it easier to convert from my own logs (mainly changing the item types to match the game and then sorted). I've put up the results for Diamonds of the Kobolds here in four tables: first battle chest, first battle club reward, etc. I'm thinking of putting together a summary of this, but I'm not sure what is the best way to display with/without club reward. Suggestions?

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Kalin, I think it depends on how finely you want to break down the data. If you want full type/level/rarity breakdown I think there's little option but to have separate full tables of with/without club reward items. With more summary-based data a separate column or three might do.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I've updated my spreadsheet with the data for the first two battles of The White Star. I also added a formula to calculate the Average Resale Value of each chest, though that's kind of weird with the club rewards on a separate page. Tonight I'll experiment with doubling the input columns so you can see chest and club together.

Does anyone want to help me collect data on the final chests of Diamonds, White Star, and Slub Gut? Those dungeons (and only those dungeons) use a special loot table, and I'm curious what's in it.

9. Avarice

Avarice Goblin Champion

I've been following this thread, so I figured I'd try doing Diamonds/White Star last night. I didn't track the info because I didn't intend to do it as long as I did. I did the first and second maps usually. I wound up Iberial's Boots, which ironically is an excellent Firestorm farming item.

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I played the Level 5 adventure "Slub Gut's Sanctum" battle 1 "Lizardman Feast Hall" 66 2/3 times and as a club member got 200 items. The breakdown follows. The treasure amounts are included in the "All" amounts.

Code:
     All							
    Lv	C	U	R	E	L	Tot	
    2	7	0	0	0	0	7	3,5 %
    3	37	1	2	0	0	40	20,0 %
    4	14	7	0	0	0	21	10,5 %
    5	33	11	1	0	0	45	22,5 %
    6	60	13	3	2	0	78	39,0 %
    7	4	4	0	0	0	8	4,0 %
    8	1	0	0	0	0	1	0,5 %
    Tot	156	36	6	2	0	200	
    	78,0 %	18,0 %	3,0 %	1,0 %	0,0 %		

Treasure							
    Lv	C	U	R	E	L	Tot	
    2	2					2	
    3	4					4	
    4						0	
    5	17	4	1			22	
    6						0	
    7						0	
    8						0	
    Tot	23	4	1	0	0	28	14,0 %

I believe certain trends are emerging. The nominal adventure level and level weightings are clearly not the only factor determining the item level of the drops. The amount of existing items of each level (AoEIoEL) has an effect too. What remains to be determined is the level weight values and the degree of influence of the AoEIoELs. Probably they could already be calculated to a good enough precision from the data gathered so far by solving a few multiple variable equations.

11. teasky

teasky Kobold

So which level should I grind for the best results?

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The one(s) you have most fun grinding. The fun counts for more than possibly slight differences in loot.

13. lordbubyan

lordbubyan Kobold

After 1 month playing this it´s obvious than the best method to grind gold is playing all lev 2-6 adventures each day. That is because items have the same prize if they are lev 1 or 18, and quest on range 2-6 are the easiest to complete (faster playing = more gold/minute). After a few months you will have a lot of copies of most rares of these levels and a huge quantity of common and uncommon items that you can sell to make more profit. Wizard/Wizard/Warrior or Warrior/Warrior/Wizard would be the best party for efficiency, i recommend human or elven race, dwarf are very good but their low movement will extend the playing time. Another question would be grind high level items, the best place is with no doubt Lair of the Yellow Dragon I, you can complete this quest in 1´5-3 minutes with Wiz/Wiz/Cl, do it indefinitely. Anoter option is complete
    Lair of the Yellow Dragon and Cardstock II each day and wait they reset. Patience is the key, you can´t get all items in 1 week! :D

teasky likes this.
  14. teasky

teasky Kobold

Should I just do the first stage or complete the quest whole?

15. Questor

Questor Ogre

Depends what your goal is and how far you can shut your brain down to farm in an online game without damaging your sanity.
    For grinding you take the mentioned 2wiz 1cl or 3wiz, load them up with freeze, lava and damage and repeat it until you drop.
    Or complete Yellow Dragon and Cardstock2 every day, or a combination of both.

16. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I would do the whole adventure. The best chance for higher value treasure is the last chest. Plus, if you start grinding a specific map you run the risk of burning out like I did. I haven't played in two or three days.

spacedust likes this.
  17. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

I agree with this totally. Farming is no picnic if you're doing it everyday. It's better to switch your loadout every now and then, or level up a new party, or things like that.

To be more specific, I used to play D2 religiously, and farming for good equipment was a big part of enjoying that game for me. I always felt like I had a roll a new character every now and then and take them through to Hell, just so that I wouldn't get burnt out on running Meph or Big D or Baal.

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I played the Level 7 adventure "Forest of Souls" battles 1 "Forest Border" and 2 "Sunlit Field" 50 times each and got 300 items. Breakdown follows. The "All" amounts include the "Treasure" amounts.

Code:
    All							
    Lv	C	U	R	E	L	Tot	
    4	1	1	0	0	0	2	0,7 %
    5	39	12	0	0	0	51	17,0 %
    6	117	24	4	2	0	147	49,0 %
    7	37	12	3	0	1	53	17,7 %
    8	19	8	1	0	0	28	9,3 %
    9	16	2	0	0	0	18	6,0 %
    10	1	0	0	0	0	1	0,3 %
    Tot	230	59	8	2	1	300	
    	76,7 %	19,7 %	2,7 %	0,7 %	0,3 %		

Treasure							
    Lv	C	U	R	E	L	Tot	
    4	0	0	0	0	0	0	
    5	27	8	0	0	0	35	
    6	0	0	0	0	0	0	
    7	0	0	0	0	0	0	
    8	0	0	1	0	0	1	
    9	2	1	0	0	0	3	
    10	0	0	0	0	0	0	
    Tot	29	9	1	0	0	39	13,0 %

All sessions together, I think that's enough data for a reasonably reliable analysis. Now it's just the matter of making the effort of doing some actual heavy thinking and some maths.

19. Astropsica

Astropsica Kobold

I really enjoy working on charts like this. Can someone let me know wut you would like me to work on and I would gladly assist in gathering information. I just need to know which battle you want me to do, if you want me to go all the way through to the gold chest and I need the original spreadsheet, or I could just type it out, doesn't matter. Thanks!

Jarmo likes this.
  20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the kind offer, Astropsica! Piotras has made a spreadsheet you can use or you can make your own as you like. Any data is welcome, feel free to play any battle you like! We have been ignoring the gold chest battles and have only played the ones that give out 2 guaranteed common items (3 if you're a club member) so if you want your data to be compatible with that you might do the same. If you'd like more details about what we've been doing there's plenty available by reading through this thread.