What is the shortest method to get most gold pieces (gp)

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by ClimbHigh, Oct 20, 2013.

1. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

How do you run one of these battles 1/3 of a time? Do you only count part of the loot?

2. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

I was wondering that myself. In any case my first 100 items are up.

Percentages for The Defense of Woodhome (so far)
    Common: 75
    Uncommon: 20
    Rare: 4
    Epic: 1 (Rockshard Robes)
    Legendary: 0

Seems like my low amount has a slight bump of common items and maybe Rare at the cost of a few Uncommons so far. All-in-all pretty junky so far, with only the epic robe being worth a (low level) damn for about 110 mins worth of work.

Edit: Anyone wanting to join in the effort, I'd suggest removing as much opponent time from the game as you can i.e. fastest speeds and no sound. I'm clocking in 1-2 minute games on these particular levels, but the exiting/entering eats up half a minute a go and so far has been 99% junk rewards.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I made the table in Notepad and pasted it in. NOTE: editing your post later will mess up the formatting, even if you didn't change anything in the table; you'll have to paste it into Notepad, fix it, and copy it back.

{level 1 dungeons}
    I've opened 123 level 1 chests:

Raid on Ommlet always gives Pickled Herring
    Everything I've gotten from Kobold Encampment has been level 1, Common or Uncommon, Weapon or Treasure.
    Tunnels into Darkness is level 1 or 2, Common or Uncommon, Weapon/Staff/Shield/Boots/Arcane Item/Treasure.
    White Skull Canyon is level 1-3, Common/Uncommon/Rare, Weapon/Staff/Shield/Boots/Arcane Item/Treasure.

I've never gotten any skills, Heavy Armor, Helmet, Robes, or priest equipment from a level 1 dungeon.

4. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

I don't think there are any items because level 1 characters can't use those item slots so they probably aren't even in the drop table even though I'm pretty sure I have some level 1 and 3 armors.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes, I finish the battle normally and only count the first loot item. Makes the percentages easier to calculate :).

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the data, Andrew! Do you really find that turning the volume sliders to 0 speeds up the game? There's a longish fanfare at the end that it would be nice to be able to skip when grinding, but I'm not sure at all that it stops playing even when you can't hear it. I haven't clocked the game end durations with volume 0 and volume >0 but my first impression is that it's the same.

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks, good to know! I experimented some and found out that if you switch to BB Code Editor mode (right top corner of the post window) and paste a table from Excel in between CODE tags it will stay nicely formatted (as long as you don't edit the post after posting). I think that was the method I used yesterday if I can recall it any more.

And thanks for the level 1 chest info! Looks like even White Skull Canyon isn't usable for epic/legendary treasure farming.

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes, those definitely exist (see e.g. Sparking Shell), they can be acquired from level 2+ adventures and the shops.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

For anyone collecting data, I ask you to please tell us if you haven't finished at least one level 17 single player adventure. This has an effect on the items you can receive and it will affect the data. More info here.

10. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Couldn't play much recently but I've started logging some games (namely: lvl 17 card stock basic chest, MP gold and MP basic chests).

I attach the current data, which is live and will be updated here and template for the same spreadsheet can be found here.

I'll bump the thread every 50-100 games or so.

Attached Files:

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the data, Piotras!

12. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Are you counting Club Membership drop in your data? If so, I haven't. I would expect that I would need to start over then.

13. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

Since the club reward drops at the minimum for the chest, for normal mission chests it's effect is not required to note. However, it is an additional point of data apart from the other two so there is that.

14. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Right, I just want to make sure the data is gathered in the same way. Especially if I'm the only one doing it differently.

15. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Just in case there was anyone who still wanted picture evidence, here's a screen of my most recent rare treasure loot from the level 1 adventure White Skull Canyon. rare level 1 adventure.gif
    I think I left the pertinent evidence, as you can see there's no club rewards window and my character is de-leveled to 3.
    I'm not saying there's a chance for more valuable loot than this (I don't recall ever seeing a legendary drop in this way), but for gold collection purposes, the fact that this is a possibility and super-easy to do quickly suggests there's no reason to avoid these dungeons because you feel the income isn't worthwhile.

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes, I am, but there's no need for you to start over. As Andrew posted, it has no effect on the data gathered with the basic chests. It's exactly the same as completing 50% more battles. It just speeds up the data gathering. There's no reason to leave the data from club pillow items out.

If we were logging end-of-adventure chests, then it would affect the data as there would be a bigger ratio of the rarer items.

17. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Ok, I'll keep plugging along then. I'm also finishing the two level 6 kobold adventures completely and keeping stats on that. That, of course, would go in a different category of data.

18. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

I do have club membership, which will have en effect on my gold MP chest data.

19. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I played the same level 6 adventure as Andrew as I wanted a shot at the epics available at that level (The Defense of Woodhome, battles 1: Woodhome Gates and 2: Woodhome Chapel). I played them 50 times each and as a club member received 300 items. Here's the breakdown:
    Code:
    All							
    Lv	C	U	R	E	L	Tot	
    3	17	1	0	0	0	18	6,0 %
    4	11	2	0	0	0	13	4,3 %
    5	61	11	3	1	0	76	25,3 %
    6	115	21	6	3	0	145	48,3 %
    7	26	9	3	1	0	39	13,0 %
    8	2	0	0	0	0	2	0,7 %
    9	6	1	0	0	0	7	2,3 %
    Tot	238	45	12	5	0	300	
    	79,3 %	15,0 %	4,0 %	1,7 %	0,0 %		

Treasure							
    Lv	C	U	R	E	L	Tot	
    5	31	5	2				
    9	2						
    Tot	33	5	2	0	0	40	13,3 %

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

If we add in Andrew's numbers the item level distribution skews a bit higher.
    Code:
    Lv	Andrew	Jarmo	All	
    3	3	18	21	5,2 %
    4	2	13	15	3,7 %
    5	26	76	102	25,4 %
    6	48	145	193	48,1 %
    7	18	39	57	14,2 %
    8	2	2	4	1,0 %
    9	2	7	9	2,2 %
    Tot	101	300	401