Want to help test? Please do!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Even though we're out of Beta, we're still working on the game and we could use YOUR help testing.

If you feel like helping us test, please join us on the test server.

What is the test server? It's a small copy of the game where we deploy new builds before they go live. The idea is to test in a controlled environment before exposing those builds to a wider audience.

Who can use the test server? Anyone can! At least, for now. You can register a test server account in the same way you registered to join the main (live) server, only you'll need to sign up at http://test-accounts.cardhunter.com/register. Once you've registered, you can find the test server at http://test.cardhunter.com/.

Why use the test server? Mainly, to help us get new builds ready. But you might also enjoy seeing new features or fixes before anyone else. On the test server, you can also purchase pizza FOR FREE from the Paypal "Sandbox". So you can play around with spending pizza like it's... well... free!

So, what's the catch? There's a big one - the test server is not a place to play through the game or develop a collection. We'll periodically reset everything on test, so there's no point getting attached to anything there. Please don't play on the test server and then complain if you lose progress!

Additionally, the test server may be any or all of the following:
    • Slow
    • Unavailable
    • Buggy
    • Taken down with no warning
    • Full (it will have a very low user limit)
    We may also delete or restrict accounts from the test server without warning.
    However, if you do play on test, please let us know if you find any issues! That's what it's there for. If you do, please report them in our testing forum.
    Thanks for helping us develop Card Hunter!

PIZZA likes this.
  2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Do old build testers need to create new test accounts or do our old ones still exist, even if reset?

Wozarg likes this.
  3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

What is the limit on the test server if you don't mind sharing that information?

4. Ham2013

Ham2013 Kobold

I was glad to sign up for the test server and help out if I can. Just wondering though, how do I access the Paypal "Sandbox"? When I click on the "+" there is no sandbox or free option.

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Check the thread in the test forum at the bottom.

6. Jon

All previous accounts should be there.

7. Jon

Currently, just 20. It's a "micro" instance.

8. Jon

9. Ham2013

Ham2013 Kobold

Worked graat, thanks Pengwin! :)

Thanks Jon!

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Servers are running the current live version at the moment right?

Edit
    Never mind saw the post about efficiency upgrades.
    Since the server cap is much lower its not possibly to flood it with thousands of people anything specific that might be good to test?

11. Jon

Not really, we'd just like to make sure we didn't break anything with our optimisations. I'll post a full change list in the test forum shortly.

12. Aiven

Aiven Orc Soldier

Hmm, how do you use the paypal sandbox?

13. Jon

14. kogi

kogi Ogre

I bought a lot of pizza but it was not delivered. Do I have to be a certain lvl?

EDIT3: Paypal sandbox is borked. Jon manually gave me pizza

15. Logan Hawkthorne

Logan Hawkthorne Mushroom Warrior

why not just let every user on the test server automatically start with 10.000 pizza or so?

although I guess it would be a bummer if this feature got accidentally pushed to the live server :D

16. kogi

kogi Ogre

I guess test server is running code that eventually becomes the live software. This way it is KISS

17. Logan Hawkthorne

Logan Hawkthorne Mushroom Warrior

yeah I've just edited that realization into my post a minute before your reply :) I guess you can't be careful enough with stuff like this.

18. Jon

Purchasing pizza is an important part of what we want to test. Normally on the test server this goes through the Paypal sandbox. Unfortunately, their side of things has been broken for the last day or two.

Logan Hawkthorne likes this.
  19. Leondus

Leondus Kobold

I'll be happy to help test, count me in.
    :rolleyes:

20. shazbot

shazbot Mushroom Warrior

Are there any planned rewards/incentives for players to play on the test server?