Very long loading times

Discussion in 'Support' started by karadoc, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Hmm, weird. It's taking a long time for mine to load as well. I'll see if I can get some info on this.

2. I too have the same slowness for the game in certain areas.
    On the test server, it takes a while for a store to load and to return from a battle to the results screen.
    As for the performance on other browsers: it is impossible for me to play it on Chrome and I don't have Internet Explorer installed anymore.

3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

My load times have started to become unbearably long (about 30 seconds)... I have a pretty big collection of items, which is most likely the reason. Shouldn't there be some other solution? Like caching your collection or only loading it when you click on something when you want to change layout? Like if I'm just playing matches or just checking to see what I have equipped, it has to load ALL my items (apparently thousands of them) every time. Even when I don't want to change anything.

4. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

It's on the docket for sure, but right now it's lower on the totem pole than other, more critical, stuff. But it's on there!

5. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

It seems to be one of the most critical things to me. Having to wait 30 seconds per level or per shop I want to check adds up to quite a bit of time... assuming I'm playing all the level 17 missions and 1 Mauve Manticore that's 18 (3 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 4) missions * 30 seconds or 9 minutes of waiting per day. Not counting any times I want to check on builds or change characters. or if I want to farm other levels or play any MP (which usually doubles that time)... =/

Also, the loading freezes all other Flash programs. So 90% of YouTube videos freeze while loading as well.

6. Questor

Questor Ogre

For me too, since it is a lot wasted time and it reduces the fun to the point of annoyance.
    When your first thought after a won battle is "I hope the loading time is not too ****ed up" instead of "I am excited about the chest i won" there is something wrong.
    That is why i stopped playing and now i just look into Randimar once a week and check the forum regulary. But even that will fade.

7. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I would remind people that in the case you run several tabs using flash (as youtube was mentioned), the client is probably negativly affected.

Also, this. It's both on the dev's radar and being taken seriously - hopefully that means we'll see a resolution to people with larger collections having issues, sooner rather than later.