Treasure Hunt rewards

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by chor, Aug 29, 2013.

1. chor

chor Kobold

Hi, I was wondering if someone could list out the rewards for the 11 treasure hunts? I don't think i will have the time to unlock them all and I'm kinda curious.

Also, I heard that there are daily quests after the campaign is finished that asks you to finish X mission with a group that fulfils Y conditions for a guaranteed rare? Could someone confirm this? Would I be able to get at least 2 rares if I'm in the card hunter club?

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The Defense of Woodhome (lv6): Woodhome's Wound
    Forest of Souls (lv 7): Oakenheart Shield
    Order of the Core (lv 8): Cleansing Diamond
    Return to Woodhome (lv 9): Giant Skeletal Arm
    The Sinister Wood (lv 10): The Soulstone
    Descent to the Core (lv 11): Robe Of The Geomancers
    Temple of Scales (lv 12): Lizard Hide Boots
    High Mountain Pass (lv 13): Magnetic Shield
    Lord Batford's Manor (lv 14): Ring Of Appropriation
    Cliffs of the Wyverns (lv 16): St Ulrich's Bones
    Dungeon of the Swamp King (lv 17): Dragonslayer Sword

3. Tobold

Tobold Goblin Champion

Those aren't daily quests. Each adventure has several different possible conditions, e.g. "use only dwarves", or "no party deaths", but you can play each condition only until you succeed once, then you can't repeat the same adventure with the same condition any more. But this first win under that condition gives a guaranteed rare, and the card hunter club gives another guaranteed rare.

4. MadMacx

MadMacx Kobold

How do we unlock these "conditions"

When I go to The Defense of Woodhome there are not any options.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You have to complete the campaign to unlock quests.

6. MadMacx

MadMacx Kobold

That is what I suspected.

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

More specifically, you have to complete Cardstock II. You can actually skip any adventures that don't unlock other adventures needed to get there. The wiki adventure pages tell what is unlocked by what.

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Unfortunately, the unlocking information is a bit out of date in the wiki. It's mostly correct but not all of it. Some adventures have two prerequisite adventures instead of the one listed in the wiki, for example. There are also some unlisted alternate paths. It's currently a work in progress (needs some new backend features before this data can be fixed).

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Incidentally, I wrote a guide to the minimum adventures you must complete to finish the Card Hunter single player campaign. Here it is.

10. Ector

Ector Hydra

Sorry guys, but what is "Treasure Hunt"? If there is a thread for that, please provide me a link.

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Treasure Hunts are the locked, separately bought SP adventures with a guaranteed Epic special item as the first time completion reward. The first one like this you encounter is the level 6 adventure The Defense of Woodhome. Gary gives you free pizza to buy it. The front page of the adventure has the Treasure Hunt icon and the map icon for it looks different until you complete it for the first time.

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

Oh, you mean THAT treasure! I've forgot those missions long ago :)