[Testing/Prizes] Playtest balance changes, win pizza!

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Flaxative, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This will probably go more than 4 days. :)

2. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I'm not sure how the highest rating and winning matches translates to successful tests. I could be successfully testing the changes to WW to verify it has less effect, and in the process lose every match I play. That example is pretty simple, but I think it illustrates my point. Is it because these are the only metrics you can track in an attempt to award testers?

Stexe likes this.
  3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I think they are just trying to find what is a dominating strategy and hit the problem areas first.

hatchhermit likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yep, Stexe got it right. After we take care of some initial changes, I'll probably introduce some incentive scheme for reporting on playtesting different things.

Finial likes this.
  5. Soltis

Soltis Goblin Champion

Whelp in that case count me out, I'm used to cobbling cards together from what I have found which isn't all that much so I really don't have any worthwhile experience with cheese decks. Spent an hour or so mulling around with the cards and about another hour losing and reached my tolerance. Hopefully whatever I did during that time will be helpful but I'd like to keep my screens in one piece.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Testing cheese isn't for everyone. Thank you for trying!!

7. Mitsuaki

Mitsuaki War Monkey

f@ck! i just realized that there's the cheat for all items...ahahahah i've spent the last two days buying pizza with sandbox and opening something like 2000 chests...

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

There's a cheat for pizza too. (And renown.)

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes, I think most of this info is in the (recently updated) guide to using the test server, linked in the first post of this thread. Sorry about the wasted time, Mitsuaki! I hope you have fun testing :)

10. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

My test name is the same as my regular name: Karstedt

I will make some attempt to play unfairly.

Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Day 1 winners:
    Wins: mitsuaki (Mitsuaki) and UiA (UiA) - tied - 10p each

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Day 2 winners:
    Wins: ChorbHunta (ChorbHunta?) - 20p

13. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

Cardo is pretty insane... I've played maybe 2-3 human games and if your opponent uses 3 cheese wiz, warriors are useless and priests close to useless. Playing vs cardo using 2 cheese wiz and a warrior stacked with block and armor discarding attacks seems much more consistant due to the insanely equipped Warrior Unit... if it doesn't have a perfect and impenetrable block, then it probably has 2 enchanted harness and barbed armor.

But yeah, as far as human meta goes, 3 cheese wiz can only be rivaled by 3 cheese wiz. Flood + punishing bolt = 1st - 10th best builds.

Maybe call Flood, Flash Flood and reduce duration to 1 would reduce the cheese a little, but that would pretty much make it utter crap unless you stack it with the intention of flood cheese. Heartripper is pretty insane no matter what.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Bandreus and Flaxative like this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Day 3 winners:
    Wins: ChorbHunta (ChorbHunta) - 20p

Come on, guys, you can't let these fools camp the prize spots! Go win a bunch of games on the test server and challenge them :)

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Way to camp, guys! Woo-Hoo!

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

To be fair, it's not really camping for ChorbHunta. And Scarponi almost got overtaken... it'll happen tomorrow if he doesn't do something about it!

17. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I played Cardotron a dozen times the other day and got into first place ranking. Then I lost once (missed 3x Cause Fumble twice in a row, losing both warriors to Almighty Hacks) and dropped about 50 elo.

I just don't see anyone on the test server whenever I'm around, except when I drag people over for drafting. *shrug* ^_^

18. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

For me I feel like I'd just be feeding my opponents. :)

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The test server was very active for two days in a row; this past day was slightly less active. I think things will pick up again when we introduce our next set of changes.

@hatchhermit - just try playing! Your losses are just as valuable to us as Scarponi's wins... they're just harder to reward :(

20. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Will do. Tonight is booked, but I'll dedicate tomorrow night to it. I said it publicly so it must be done. Shame me if I don't! :)

Scarponi, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.