Test Build 3.74.0 (23 Sep 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Congratulations to DupleX by the way, an impressive achievement.

Regarding QD in CoC, I don't think I'd like to see it in any of the rounds. I do like QD, but I think set characters are better for this. I think all your other ideas (reduce map 1 reward, increased health for chars. etc.) would make CoC better.

@Obernoob, you should have gotten that vp as far as I can make out, it is only victory terrain for the player.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You should get it in that screenshot. You're the only one with characters on victory squares there (monsters don't count player-relative squares).

3. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

"Pshaw! In my day, adventures were at least eight battles long." - Melvin

I feel like CoC would be a perfect place to showcase Melvin's GMing style with him rolling gleefully on random encounter tables.

Magic Elves, timeracers, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Is there going to be Steam achievements associated with CoC?

Also, can you comment on this, @Flaxative:
    "I noticed that non-mob monsters that are in the same group have identical names. Is there an easy fix for that? It's mostly cosmetical, but I think usually mob monster act in the alphabetical order of their names (the names are marking the activation order), so it will play some strategic role too."

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

None planned.

Not an easy fix, no. I might do something about it, but don't hold your breath.

Pawndawan likes this.
  6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Giving us a Cardotron char on the last battle would be great. Just one would be enough.

Yes, please. Level 20 or 21 HP would make sense.

Maybe 6 and 9? I do not want QD on last battle, because it is so very random.

Flaxative likes this.
  7. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

You know...DupleX makes a good point. This really seems more like something Melvin would be DM-ing rather than Gary, especially since he has a habit of DM-ing the more brutal modules. In every sense of the word, this place is a character grinder, which really seems to be up Melvin's avenue. Also, I'll admit this is a minor point, but I'd like a bit more flavor text added to each of the floors, or at least different flavor text. Hell, give me a shot at it and I could probably come up with something fun for each level.

timeracers and Pawndawan like this.
  8. Its nice to see the map that was removed from the current Highway Robbery module.
    [​IMG]

The secret part of the new module...
    [​IMG]

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Since the levels are all the same scenario, the text is going to be the same for each of them. Sorry :p

10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Pardon?

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There are 3 kinds of victory squares. Yellow, red, and blue. Yellow look at all players' figures. Red only look at the first player's. Blue only at the second player's. So the red squares in your screenshot don't care about monster figures. They only look at your figures. So there are effectively 3 empty red squares and 1 with a player figure in it. So you win 1:0 on the VP scoring at the end of the round.

12. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Those Legendary heroes look better by the moment.

I actually preferred the secbots on groups, oddly. As long as you're always planning around both, it means that you can get two points to lure you enemies into LoS with. As for open maps, it's still doable with two (I beat two of them on the Blizkenripper battle arena), while one on open maps seems like it would be impossible to me.

13. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Well yes, the 'scenarios' are all the same, but the idea is that you're traveling deeper and deeper into this realm of chaos. The details of the flavor text could be in the description of the adventurers mental state, how they're trying to cope with their shifting races and abilities, where their minds are at on each of the floors, dealing with vague generalities rather than specific settings and scenarios, and how things are taking a mental toll on them as they might even be slowly losing their identity and sense of self. Even the monsters could be described in an abstract sense as chaos made manifest.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No I mean it is literally the same scenario again and again. If I change the text for battle 3, the text for battle 2 will change.

Sir Veza and timeracers like this.
  15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I kept track of the time of the most recent run:
    Lost on round 5 and it took 33 minutes.

I really like the awesome module cover art.

16. Run #1
    Round 1: 5min
    Round 2: 2min (got all 3 burning traits on an elf with fireball and instaburnn lol...)
    Round 3: 12min (lost due to all priests with little damage outside of a rad spray priest and getting buffs pushed off by cold spells)
    Total: 19min

Run #2
    Round 1: 5min
    Round 2: 5min
    Round 3: 4min
    Round 4: 7min (triple oak tree bombadier on an open map with dwarves was pretty painful...)
    Total: 21min

Run #3
    Round 1: 6min
    Round 2: 4min
    Round 3: 5min
    Round 4: 9min
    Round 5: 7min (I hate the warrior with the dancing cuts, pressing bashes and scuttle team...)
    Total: 29min

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  17. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Runs:

55 mins 8 wins

17 mins 3 wins

17 mins 3 wins

49 mins 6 wins

18. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Four wins, thirty minutes.

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It should be fairly simple though, just adding names to part of the monster database. The hard part is probably thinking up the names in the first place (and only league monsters need to be alphabetized).

Speaking of monsters without enough names:

Grind Dwa Wiz 2 fills the world with roaring flames!
    Tough Hide failed!
    Crundyup took 4 Fire damage.
    Tough Hide failed!
    Nurglegot took 4 Fire damage.
    Tough Hide reduced damage to Unglebug by 2.
    Unglebug took 2 Fire damage.
    Tough Hide reduced damage to Rumbo by 2.
    Rumbo took 2 Fire damage.
    Tough Hide reduced damage to Crundyup by 2.
    Crundyup took 2 Fire damage.
    Tough Hide reduced damage to Crundyup by 2.
    Crundyup took 2 Fire damage.
    Tough Hide failed!
    Crundyup took 4 Fire damage.

seth arue likes this.
  20. Mark my words, this will be people in the near future.:cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BlackVoidDeath and Magic Elves like this.